collapse

Author Topic: FX Autotrader Elite  (Read 134151 times)

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
Re: FX Autotrader Elite
« Reply #450 on: July 10, 2019, 02:36:57 AM »
Further Improvement

As noted in previous post, I have adopted a slightly different approach to the development of these strategies for three new pairs.

So now we have an even better merged performance curve as shown.

Work is now progressing on the other six pairs and will be redoing the initial five pairs with this new approach.

Then we will look at modelling the sixteen or so pairs (up to 60 set files) to maximise the Ret/DD ratio and best year on year performance and minimal stagnation with a view to offering a signal service from a portfolio of these strategies.

I have been following closely all the hard work that you, Donbon, Flechdrop, and others have been doing.  I love the trading methodology and agree this is by far the best way to trade.  As soon as the signal service is available, I will be one of the first to sign up.  Also, just fyi, I am a programmer.  It sounds like you guys don't have a need in this area, but if you ever do, I'm willing to help.  Thanks for all the hard work you guys are doing in order to provide an honest and safe system for people to follow.

Thanks for that compujock. Yes, i have a pretty good and reliable commercial programmer (ferrufx) who codes the Autotrader for me.

But I was thinking. Is there an alternative way to providing a signal service via a copier technology? One that avoids copying and hence any issues associated with that.

For instance, if we had an installer software that could could open say 60 specified charts, loaded with the Autotrader and the 60 set files on a subscriber's MT4 (the sort of portfolio I would run), then the subscriber could just load that and run the portfolio himself - no copying required. As vendor I would still have control over those EAs and I could blank out all the strategy Input functions so as to protect my IP.
So we have a portfolio rental model.

Is that feasible? Would of course require the portfolio to be stable, not requiring too many adjustments.
Information and product page - http://www.diyforexskills.com/forex-tools/

Offline nick3232

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #451 on: July 10, 2019, 02:03:58 PM »
I just want to make one final point that I think everyone understands now.

These EAs that we have been buying are built by developers who in most cases have never really been professional traders - they are retail based - think like retail traders and are restricted in how they approach things by that limitation.

while we are certainly not looking to reinvent the wheel - we are looking at something that they are not really aware of.

Also the time for making an EA putting up a 10 year backtest and selling it are over .. we are all aware that for the most part those EAs once they go on a real account head straight into DD.

it simply is time for a new approach and fresh thinking.

nailed it bro

Offline user456

« Reply #452 on: July 10, 2019, 02:56:41 PM »
Thanks for that compujock. Yes, i have a pretty good and reliable commercial programmer (ferrufx) who codes the Autotrader for me.

But I was thinking. Is there an alternative way to providing a signal service via a copier technology? One that avoids copying and hence any issues associated with that.

For instance, if we had an installer software that could could open say 60 specified charts, loaded with the Autotrader and the 60 set files on a subscriber's MT4 (the sort of portfolio I would run), then the subscriber could just load that and run the portfolio himself - no copying required. As vendor I would still have control over those EAs and I could blank out all the strategy Input functions so as to protect my IP.

Is that feasible? Would of course require the portfolio to be stable, not requiring too many adjustments.

Almost everything is possible. I did once build a web interface in order to manage the input parameters for my expert advisors from one remote application no matter where they are running. If you need to hide the ea's settings you can just encrypt webtraffic. Food for thought :)

Offline compujock

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #453 on: July 10, 2019, 04:05:56 PM »
I have been following closely all the hard work that you, Donbon, Flechdrop, and others have been doing.  I love the trading methodology and agree this is by far the best way to trade.  As soon as the signal service is available, I will be one of the first to sign up.  Also, just fyi, I am a programmer.  It sounds like you guys don't have a need in this area, but if you ever do, I'm willing to help.  Thanks for all the hard work you guys are doing in order to provide an honest and safe system for people to follow.

Thinking this through, in my opinion, I would think copier tech would actually work very well for this.  It allows for great flexibility.  You can set up the 60 set files on a reliable VPS server for copying.  This way you can make any adjustments that need to be made and don't have to deal with clients who may run into issues running 60 set files on their personal MT4 terminals.  Seems like that could be a support nightmare especially as the number of clients grows.  Since I believe this signal has a high expectancy for number of pips per trade, the copier latency really shouldn't be much of an issue.  Although, if you really wanted to improve it, you could have a VPS in NY or Chicago to reduce latency for USA clients and another VPS in Paris or London for European clients.  Then you would have two signals one labeled Awesome Signal - USA Copier and one labeled Awesome Signal - Europe Copier or something like that.  Certainly more thought needs to be put into this, but just sharing my initial thoughts...

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #454 on: July 11, 2019, 03:11:39 AM »
Thanks for the "food for thought" user456. Did not know you can vary Inputs remotely.

Awesome Signal sounds like a great name!. Yes, latency should not be much of an issue with the sort of trades I do. Am working with a colleague to establish the signal service. Currently running "Nexus" which is a more traditional (and small) portfolio, a mix of Autotrader and SQ developed EAs and running out of NY.
Have also just begun testing the copying of Zephir from Master VPS in NY and Client VPS in Europe. Some latency but not significant difference in entry price given typical exits of max around 150 pip SL and 180 pip TP. And yes I guess support would be a lot simpler in copying mode. Then again, never hurts to float ideas and see what sparks.

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #455 on: July 13, 2019, 01:06:00 AM »
Am working with a colleague to establish the signal service. Currently running "Nexus" which is a more traditional (and small) portfolio, a mix of Autotrader and SQ developed EAs and running out of NY.

Nexus Open for Subscription
The first signals service featuring Autotrader EAs is now open for business. Please see this thread if you want to explore and subscribe (free for first 3 months if you subscribe this month.)
https://donnaforex.com/index.php?topic=21298.msg389358#new

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #456 on: July 15, 2019, 07:23:20 AM »

Almost everything is possible. I did once build a web interface in order to manage the input parameters for my expert advisors from one remote application no matter where they are running. If you need to hide the ea's settings you can just encrypt webtraffic. Food for thought :)

Looks like FXBlue already has such software - available for free from
https://www.fxblue.com/slingshot/slingshot-faq

Offline drunkfx

« Reply #457 on: July 15, 2019, 01:33:06 PM »
Why do you use such tight stop losses? Is it special money management rules or your strategy is conservative-style?

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #458 on: July 15, 2019, 01:56:52 PM »
Why do you use such tight stop losses? Is it special money management rules or your strategy is conservative-style?

I assume you mean for Zephir? Yes it is a conservative style. SLs are around 150 pips across the 57 set files and are derived through optimisation over 19 years to achieve a max DD of around 5 to 8% over that period.

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #459 on: July 25, 2019, 09:56:01 AM »
There have been many enhancements made to the Autotrader over the past year or so, but not released publicly either for sale or as free upgrades; due to their extensive nature.

But I have now been approached by a reputable broker with a program that would see the purchaser reimbursed by the broker in the form of a trading credit on a new account opened by the purchaser using the link provided upon purchase. Price yet to be determined.

I am wondering whether there is any interest in such a scheme for traders who would like to have the Autotrader; or the Trade Manager.

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #460 on: July 26, 2019, 01:41:13 AM »

Have also just begun testing the copying of Zephir from Master VPS in NY and Client VPS in Europe. Some latency but not significant difference in entry price given typical exits of max around 150 pip SL and 180 pip TP. And yes I guess support would be a lot simpler in copying mode. Then again, never hurts to float ideas and see what sparks.

Zephir Update

The Zephir portfolio is humming along but not in profit at this stage. The copying to the slave account is working well after the first trade was copied mistakenly at 100x the intended lot size; and quickly closed for a $330 loss.

But I also added a Close All at $220 profit in equity since I had seen the portfolio reach those sort of levels a number of times, before sinking back and closing out some losing trades. So this is a test of how such a feature might be employed in future.

The copying began on 12 July while the master has been running since 8 May.

Last night the slave account had 10 open trades (the Master had 23) and reached the $220 Close All profit. So all trades on the slave account are now closed and the account balance is in profit by $235 ($15 from previous closed trades). Over this same period from 12 July, and excluding trade results from trades opened prior to 12 July, the Master account made a net zero dollars on closed trades but has 22 open trades, 9 of which are in profit, with overall equity at -$60.

So as yet too early to say which account will perform better over time; but "cash in the bank" is always a nice feeling as opposed to watching what happens to a floating equity.

PS Forgot to mention the other variable worth watching - swap costs. The Zephir strategies trade both positive and negative swaps and are long term trades. Currently the Master account has a swap cost (loss) of $239, a bit over 2% of account balance. The Slave account has swap loss of $10 having traded for a much shorter time. With the more regular closing of trades with the Close All at profit, we should have a reduced swap cost on this account over time.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 05:07:12 AM by diyforexskills »

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #461 on: August 06, 2019, 05:14:32 AM »
Zephir Update

Master account, begun 8 May 2019, has now had 120 closed trades and is down $1400 including $250 in interest/swap costs. This is not in keeping with the 16 year BT results.

Slave account, begun 12 July with a Close All at $220 in profit, has had 34 closed trades, and is up $122 allowing for $13 in interest/swap costs. The two Close Alls have occurred with around 10 open trades whilst the Master account has had as many as 24 open trades.

Looking like a Close All at around $200 in profit could be the way to go with this portfolio. Running fixed lot size rather than %Risk lot size. Will re-valuate in November.

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #462 on: August 10, 2019, 06:04:30 AM »
Zephir

A slight improvement this week, but still in DD.

And the full 12 weeks results for each pair are shown in image. So six out of the 10 currency pairs are in profit. Let's see how this looks in another three months.

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #463 on: August 24, 2019, 08:38:43 AM »
Zephir with CloseAll

We had another CloseAll at $220 last night, some 20 trades, on the slave account and so we are in profit after six weeks. After swap costs, only a 2% gain so far so nothing to get too excited about.

In the meantime the Master account is still languishing but open profit is starting to mount following Trump's latest tweets.

A CloseAll at predetermined profit was never a consideration when constructing Zephir, and one we can't BT, but maybe an option we will need to consider at year's end.

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #464 on: August 26, 2019, 01:11:30 AM »
Zephir

Apart from the CkloseAll at 220, individual trades can of course also be closed at their set TP and SL. Today we had a nice profit close, so now the portfolio is 4% in profit after six weeks.

browse forum

* Recent Posts