collapse

Author Topic: FX Autotrader Elite  (Read 176115 times)

Offline FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
Re: FX Autotrader Elite
« Reply #570 on: June 04, 2020, 02:46:21 PM »
That is why technical strategies work a little bit better on higher time frames, in the long term. So daily, even weekly. Of course, news might cause a trend reversal as well. But not as often as it causes an intraday spike.

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #571 on: June 05, 2020, 01:03:13 AM »
Yes, more room to move on longer term strategies to absorb the spikes; as long as the spike does not change the fundamentals. Oh well. We now have a trend continuation on EU. So SL on the trend reversal strategy trade was hit and the secondary (trend following) strategy has taken two Buys going with the market. Heading for the 1.15 which looks like a R zone. May it reach there and clock some profits!
Information, rebates and products -
http://www.diyforexskills.com

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #572 on: June 05, 2020, 07:57:52 AM »
Yes, more room to move on longer term strategies to absorb the spikes; as long as the spike does not change the fundamentals. Oh well. We now have a trend continuation on EU. So SL on the trend reversal strategy trade was hit and the secondary (trend following) strategy has taken two Buys going with the market. Heading for the 1.15 which looks like a R zone. May it reach there and clock some profits!

What to do?

Our two trend following Buy trades are now nicely in profit and if they continue we will more than wipe-out yesterday's loss caused by the ECB stimulus announcement which sent our Sell trade into SL yesterday.

But tonight is NFP in about 6 hrs time. If the number is worse than expected we should do well - weaker dollar. But the expected number has been set at very bad, about 8 million unemployed, so if the number is a bit better than these worse case predictions, the news traders will most likely hit their EURUSD Sell buttons (better number, stronger dollar), irrespective of how bad the unemployment situation is. Who said traders are rational?!

So I suspect I will move my SL for these trades later tonight so as to ensure that I at least make some profit or at lest break even from these trades should irrational behaviour prevail tonight. I just don't want these trades to also close in loss.

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #573 on: June 07, 2020, 06:34:25 AM »
Steadying DIY SteadyTrader

We have now had three weeks of losses in this portfolio and even on Friday, price on EU reversed before I had the chance to set up a BE.

With that in mind and a gentle suggestion from a good friend that maybe my risk setting was too high, I have reduced the mini lot sizing by halve to 0.05 lots for new trades. Hopefully two of three open mini lot trades will close in profit this week.

Test 5 demo avoided the $1000 closeall loss but is still heading down from its lofty heights. It is now also running two prospective H4 candidates for SteadyTrader - AU and USDCAD; nothing to report on these yet.

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #574 on: June 13, 2020, 09:17:29 AM »
Stocktake on DIY SteadyTrader

A stellar two week start from 1 May on a live account has turned into a steady downhill run from then on. Going downhill is fun when you are skiing but less enjoyable when trading. So it was time to take stock.

To cut a very long story short, I will be implementing quarterly re-optimisations starting from 1 July. Currently we are running set files that were optimised over all of 2019 and shown to have good performance on OOS period BT till end April. But after a week of retrospective 12 months optimisations and OOS back testing  (ie forward testing), I have come to the conclusion that optimised parameters for these H4 strategies have a limited live span of from 3 to 6 months. As borne out by my live trading results for May-June.

So at the end of June I will re-optimise all six strategies over the previous 12 months (ie from 1 July 2019 to 30 Jun 2020) and then run these new optimisations for three months starting 1 July 2020.

For those interested in a bit more detail, the following:

1. I set all TP, SL, BE and Basket Close TP and SL to ATR-based using Daily ATR Period 2 - so a very responsive ATR value; and then I also set that to dynamic meaning that the value is recalculated at the close of every Daily bar. Trades typically last several days.

2. I then discovered that there is now no need to change these parameters in any re-optimisation - these dynamic ATR-based values/parameters are responsive enough to changing market conditions.  That simplifies and shortens the whole optimisation process since I now need to only optimise the MA entry condition settings.

3. I have added the Delta ATR filter. It is not involved in determining the entry condition, it is not a trigger as such; it assesses the market dynamics and so filters when trading conditions are most likely to be suitable for this strategy.
( Delta ATR is described in Reply #549 https://donnaforex.com/index.php?topic=12561.msg399602#msg399602  )

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #575 on: June 21, 2020, 04:31:16 AM »
A breakthrough

After several sleepless nights and days of frustrating dialogue with my coder (both for him and me), because we could not get each other to understand what the issue was, we are finally getting what I have wanted for some time.

A change to how a trade is triggered using MAs of period 1, which of course means price.

In most EAs a trade is triggered when an indicator crosses from not having met the condition to having met the condition. Think of a MA cross of say 10/20 EMAs. But when you apply that entry logic to MAs of period 1, it means you only get trades entered on candle reversals. As per first image.

So changing that logic will now enable trade entries as shown in second image. So when price trends in a series of bullish candles we will ride that trend very nicely, adding to our position at successive candles. This is where we make the profits. We can stop the later entries in a strong trend by using an RSI OB filter settings. Similarly for Sells. And we have means in the Autotrader to limit the number of consecutive entries. In ranging markets we obviously won't do as well, with this strategy but the trending periods will now make up for that. So now we will have the best of both worlds.

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #576 on: June 27, 2020, 05:25:43 AM »
DIY SteadyTrader

We made $300 in May and promptly lost $850 in June. That's pretty bad. So some re-optimising and adjustments being made this weekend for trading in July.

But at least if this was a live signal service, you would not have paid any subscription fee for June; subs will be a % of monthly profit above high watermark.

My view is that losing capital is bad enough when following a signal. Having to also pay for losing is just not fair.

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #577 on: June 29, 2020, 08:46:33 AM »
DIY SteadyTrader

We made $300 in May and promptly lost $850 in June. That's pretty bad. So some re-optimising and adjustments being made this weekend for trading in July.

But at least if this was a live signal service, you would not have paid any subscription fee for June; subs will be a % of monthly profit above high watermark.

My view is that losing capital is bad enough when following a signal. Having to also pay for losing is just not fair.

Of course June does not finish till tomorrow, but the weekend seemed a good time to make the changes.

The EURUSD strategies have been replaced by two alternative strategies using the latest version of the Autotrader - one on Daily, the other on H4.

The UJ and EJ strategies still have open trades so are being left for now.

But I have added one re-optimised EJ H4 strategy, and new strategies on the Daily for AUDCAD and EURAUD using the new version of the Autotrader. In anticipation of stopping with the UJ strategies which are struggling once their open trades are closed.

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #578 on: Today at 08:30:48 AM »
Towards DIY ActiveTrader

I am still hoping to begin a new live portfolio with the M15 strategies. I have two M15 test portfolios running at the moment as Test 5 and Test 1 and it looks as if I can take the best from each. That would be EURAUD and EURUSD from Test 1 and EJ, CADJ, NU and USDCAD from Test 5.

CADJPY has recovered nicely as shown below. Nice to see all those Buys closing in profit on the dynamic exit setting after going through some tough periods.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: FX Autotrader Elite by diyforexskills
[Today at 08:30:48 AM]

Re: EUR/USD by fxopen78
[Yesterday at 11:52:09 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[Yesterday at 01:42:50 PM]

Re: How can any broker steal your money, even regulated ones by fxopen78
[June 30, 2020, 11:53:38 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[June 30, 2020, 03:11:53 PM]

Re: forex cyborg by ForexCyborg
[June 30, 2020, 02:00:55 PM]

Re: AAFX Trading reviews. Investments as an additional income source? by 2cuteEssence
[June 30, 2020, 11:22:56 AM]

Re: Your biggest nightmare in trading by fxopen78
[June 30, 2020, 12:40:13 AM]

Re: LUCKY? by Nuadaris
[June 29, 2020, 06:26:02 PM]

Re: How to choose a broker? by Nuadaris
[June 29, 2020, 05:18:45 PM]