collapse

Author Topic: FX Autotrader Elite  (Read 183810 times)

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
Re: FX Autotrader Elite
« Reply #585 on: August 23, 2020, 06:53:41 AM »
Set file for all seasons?

Following on from last Post, I did some more experimenting to see if I could find a strategy that would work over different market conditions - so fully automated.

If we look at the GBPUSD on the H1 from 27 July to now, we can see three distinct market behaviours.

1. A breakout period with a decent trend (orange box)
2. A fairly tight ranging period (grey box)
3. A broader ranging period with some sharp reversals (green box)

The tick data BT over that same period, with periods colour coded as per above, is shown on the bottom of the image.

For me, the big plus with this set file is that we make decent profits when market is active, periods 1 and 3; and we essentially break even when the market struggles in a fairly tight range (period 2).

So now we forward test.
Information, rebates and products -
http://www.diyforexskills.com

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #586 on: September 01, 2020, 06:12:49 AM »
Making Progress

The GU set file as per previous Post needed one more update and is now working OK; but still has to also deal with some losing legacy GU trades.

In the meantime I also created similar set files for GJ and UJ to run on my other live account. These are performing well and helping me pull out of DD. As per first image.

Now I just need to do the same for SteadyTrader live account (second image). This one is also running a CADCHF set file which booked its first $140 basket close overnight.

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #587 on: September 10, 2020, 02:05:18 AM »
Ups and Downs

Consistency is hard to achieve - so set files for GU, GJ and UJ have now been canned; and account balances are almost back where they were. But the set file for CADCHF is so far $750 in profit.

Am trying a slightly different approach with some new set files by limiting re-entries to 10 (rather than 100 or 40) so that I can have several pairs running simultaneously while still keeping within the max 100 open trades limitations from my broker.

For EURAUD the only way I could get a longer term consistent profitability in BTs was to use the reverse scale-in feature of the Autotrader for times when the trend changes big time. (Reverse scale-in example - when a Sell is 250 pips in loss a Buy (reverse scale-in/hedge), of twice the Sell lot size, is triggered.)

In the image below, the green shaded areas show where this works, ie where the trend reversal is sustained so that we can close the basket in profit. The red shaded areas show the two times where the trend reversal was not sustained and hence the reverse scale-ins were closed at their 60 pip SL level.

So still not the perfect performance but sure looks a lot better than having Basket Close SLs. But open DDs can be quite high until the reverse scale-ins kick in.

Edit: The EURAUD set file is now running on DIY SteadyTrader so you can follow its fortunes on myfxbook. Currently downtrend is undergoing a pullback so we are in loss.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 02:50:37 AM by diyforexskills »

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #588 on: September 17, 2020, 09:43:34 AM »
Another Variation

With AUDNZD I tried a slightly different approach to the one I have used for EURAUD as per last Post.

In this case I have restricted to 20 re-entries and with a small Basket Close TP of only $10, trading 0.01 lot for Initial and 0.03 lot for re-entries.

The BT from 1 April till end August looked good (first image) and thankfully the forward testing on live account has borne that out so far as shown in second image.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: SimpleTrader.net is going to close by peter_s
[Today at 01:56:31 PM]

Re: SimpleTrader.net is going to close by primi
[Today at 09:38:49 AM]

Re: EUR/USD by fxopen78
[Today at 01:26:19 AM]

SimpleTrader.net is going to close by nc!
[Yesterday at 01:17:13 PM]

Re: Megadroid down? by Megabot
[Yesterday at 09:56:05 AM]

Re: forex cyborg by Humble Trader's Fx
[September 20, 2020, 11:53:37 PM]

Re: forex cyborg by ForexCyborg
[September 20, 2020, 11:02:46 PM]

Re: Bitcoin Discussion by Humble Trader's Fx
[September 20, 2020, 08:13:50 PM]

Re: Bitcoin Discussion by oportunis
[September 20, 2020, 06:13:14 PM]

Re: Megadroid down? by Coy0te