collapse

Author Topic: FX Autotrader Elite  (Read 194867 times)

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
Re: FX Autotrader Elite
« Reply #600 on: October 31, 2020, 11:12:29 PM »
Mystery Trade Closures

Overnight, two manually entered trades on SteadyTrader, neither having a SL or TP in place, were closed; at a substantial loss.

So now we await to see what Axi is going to do about that.

it looks to me they were closed by an ea. look at the close time all 20:00

take a deep look into your log files.

sure hope you solve the mystery, thats never nice to wake up to. best o luck

Yes,  but conditions for EA to close all those trades had not been met; and two were manually placed trades with magic number of 0, which is a number not specified in the EA and one was a currency pair not specified either.

?????

look in the log files, you will find your answer there. it could have been a bug in your ea, i have seen this many times before. the log files will clear it up for you.

I have and there is no answer there in the Journal log. It just catalogues the closures but not by what.

And when we look at the Experts tab log, there is no EA activity showing the close of the 0.4 lot AUDNZD trade which was closed at over $1000 in loss for no reason. Nor the USDCHF trade.

Edit:  Took another good look on the Experts log and now I see the culprit; as you say, a rogue EA action; EA set for EURAUD with specified magics closing a manual placed trade with magic 0. Same for the USDCHF. This has never happened to me before with the Autotrader over past 10 yrs or so, so surely can't be a bug in the EA.? What a bummer - $1000 down the drain.

09:59:58.788   FX_Autotrader_Elite_v03.01.57.03.34_[2099] EURAUD,H1: close #59394909 buy 0.40 AUDNZD at 1.08930 tp: 1.09493 at price 1.06100

« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 02:20:22 AM by diyforexskills »
Information, rebates and products -
http://www.diyforexskills.com

Offline Nadir

« Reply #601 on: November 01, 2020, 11:20:43 AM »
Have you checked if it was a margin close? I don't necessarily mean from broker but also inside the bot. There might be max drawdown setting activated?

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 Lite mit Tapatalk

Offline reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #602 on: November 01, 2020, 01:45:20 PM »

good that you found it diy, it has happened to me before as well.

lets hope you make it back in due time, all the best :)

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #603 on: November 01, 2020, 09:43:29 PM »
Not sure about the internal margin close, but don't think so.

Also contacted my coder who replied:

These 2 orders were closed by 'strategy exit' reason according to the log ... I checked the code and that's simply impossible that the EA is closing a trade of another symbol than the current chart

The closure loop must agree with both points below to close a trade:

1/ Order symbol is the current symbol (in blue below)

2/ Order Magic is one of the current chart magic numbers (in green below)

If either the blue or the green doesn't meet the conditions, the loop skips the current order being checked and goes to the next order.

if( OrderSymbol() != _Symbol || (OrderMagicNumber() != InitialMagicNumber && OrderMagicNumber() != ReentryMagicNumber && OrderMagicNumber() != ScaleInMagicNumber)) continue;

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #604 on: November 04, 2020, 02:12:19 AM »
Another glitch, another loss, so DIY SteadyTrader is now closed until I sort out what is happening.

The glitches are only occurring on this account whilst my private live account remains unaffected despite running the same EAs.

This all sucks. Not feeling very positive today about trading.

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #605 on: November 06, 2020, 01:14:53 AM »
Zephir Revisited

The Zephir portfolio has been running since May 2019 on demo by my colleague from Odysseia Capital. Each of the 16 pairs has 3 to 4 different strategy settings based on ATR zones; ie strategies adapted to market volatility. Optimisation was carried out over 15 to 19 years, and two independently conducted BTs included around 5 month of OOS data. All looked very promising.

But the forward demo test from May 2019 paints a very different picture.  :'( Correcting for account size, we are sitting on a DD of around 40%.
https://www.myfxbook.com/members/odysseiacapital/zephir-demo/3321432

So the question is, is there anything we can salvage from this failure?

I feel there may be three. (details for these in Attached).

1. GBPJPY - trade only the Buys, Initials only, with the low volatility set file 1701810. Profit of $2841 and fairly steady.

2. EURJPY - trade both Buys and Sells, Initials and Scale-ins, with the low volatility set file 1701510. Profit of $605 but not convincing.

3. USDCHF - trade only the Sells, Initials and Scale-ins, with the medium volatility set file 2702310. Profit of $690, trading infrequently.

So if I have any funds left after my horror last few months, I may include the GJ set file in any portfolio I run.

And it would appear that even creating different settings for different market volatility conditions and optimising over 15+ years does not lead to success. Market action is just too random for technical/indicator-based strategies. One would have thought that if a strategy can be developed that works (is curve-fitted) over a 15+ year period, then it should be able to cope with market variability going forward. But apparently not.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 02:12:10 AM by diyforexskills »

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #606 on: November 07, 2020, 01:05:39 AM »
MACD Test 1 Revisited

After the depressing analysis of the Zephir portfolio yesterday, today is much brighter. In more ways than one but let's just focus on forex.

The MACD Test 1 portfolio has been running since March 2020 on a demo account by Flechdrop. A few updates were added a month or so later. The strategies were optimised over all of 2019 and BT with 3 months of OOS data. These strategies use multiple re-entries and trades are closed on profit or with Basket close SL or after set time. The account also has a close all at $1000 in loss.

After a stellar start we had a massive drop but are now at 52% in profit. Full details here;
https://www.myfxbook.com/members/FLechdrop/macd-test-1/4843809

Even more encouraging is when we remove the worst performing set files as shown in attachment - up to 108%. And if we then also remove Sell trades on the AUDUSD and EURUSD and perhaps the EURAUD set files, we would gain another $1800 profit.

So I think I will ask Axi to run these set files retrospectively on my live account.  :)  Wouldn't that be a nice way to trade! Guaranteed outcomes.

My inclination at this stage is to set up these adjusted set files, together with the GJ set file from Zephir, on a demo account and then let it run till end of year.

If profitable by then, I will begin to copy the trades to a live account, assuming I still have some funds there, using the FX Blue copier. And make the copying available to interested parties (max 100 allowed by FX Blue) based on a voluntary donation.

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #607 on: November 17, 2020, 04:37:13 AM »
MACD Test 1 Revisited

After the depressing analysis of the Zephir portfolio yesterday, today is much brighter. In more ways than one but let's just focus on forex.

The MACD Test 1 portfolio has been running since March 2020 on a demo account by Flechdrop. A few updates were added a month or so later. The strategies were optimised over all of 2019 and BT with 3 months of OOS data. These strategies use multiple re-entries and trades are closed on profit or with Basket close SL or after set time. The account also has a close all at $1000 in loss.

After a stellar start we had a massive drop but are now at 52% in profit. Full details here;
https://www.myfxbook.com/members/FLechdrop/macd-test-1/4843809

Even more encouraging is when we remove the worst performing set files as shown in attachment - up to 108%. And if we then also remove Sell trades on the AUDUSD and EURUSD and perhaps the EURAUD set files, we would gain another $1800 profit.

So I think I will ask Axi to run these set files retrospectively on my live account.  :)  Wouldn't that be a nice way to trade! Guaranteed outcomes.

My inclination at this stage is to set up these adjusted set files, together with the GJ set file from Zephir, on a demo account and then let it run till end of year.

If profitable by then, I will begin to copy the trades to a live account, assuming I still have some funds there, using the FX Blue copier. And make the copying available to interested parties (max 100 allowed by FX Blue) based on a voluntary donation.

DIY FrequentTrader

So I have now chosen the best of the MACD Test 1 as per above and named the portfolio DIY Frequent Trader. Running on demo with IC markets as from 9 November. The earlier trades are a mix of others which can be ignored.

One advantage of ICM over Axi is that ICM allows for 200 open positions; Axi only 100. With FrequentTrader we will sometimes exceed 100.

I have also set up ArgoGuardian to do a CloseAll at $400 in profit, an event which occurred this week. I had been watching the profit hovering around $400 for several days and decided that that was a good enough profit level for this portfolio going forward. Hopefully that is a sound decision.

Anyway, we are currently in profit and I still have funds left in a live account should this portfolio continue to do well. Here's hoping.

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #608 on: November 20, 2020, 12:57:51 AM »
Mystery Trade Closures

Overnight, two manually entered trades on SteadyTrader, neither having a SL or TP in place, were closed; at a substantial loss.

So now we await to see what Axi is going to do about that.

Axi comes good. Following my complaint to AFCA about these closures, after failing to convince Axi privately in a polite but assertive manner, Axi has agreed as a measure of goodwill to reimburse me for the losses. So that is a big relief and a welcome example of a good complaints system and a fair broker.

After further discussions with my coder, and as a safety precaution going forward, I will also be recompiling the EA on a new instance of the MT4 Version 4 Build 1280 which was launched in July. The previous compilation was done on the previous Build from January. So delete old file, recompile, and then restart the MT4. Best done with no open positions. Apparently something worth doing with each new MT4 Build. Because you never know.

May also be an argument for brokers not doing automatic updates of MT4 so that one could take these precautionary steps??

For those of you who have the Autotrader and would like a re-compiled version using Version 4 Build 1280, pls contact me specifying which version of the Autotrader you have.

Edit: Have just noted that Axi now has Version 4: Build 1296 from 9 Nov 20, so that is the one I am using for compiling and trading.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 04:48:41 AM by diyforexskills »

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #609 on: November 21, 2020, 05:10:39 AM »
Scalping Experiment

I have struggled to develop a profitable strategy for EURAUD in the last few months. Seemingly good strategies failed in forward testing on live. The only one that has been profitable for over a year was a result of accidentally using a set file made for AUDUSD on EURAUD. So pure luck, which is what we all need from time to time. That is now running on DIY FrequentTrader.

I have also avoided making any scalping strategies in the past because they are so broker sensitive. But I thought I should give it a try. The BT over the optimisation period, never all that reliable, is shown below. Still, it shows some promise so I will give it a whirl on forward testing on demo. TP is 5 pips and the only SL is that trades are closed after approx 5 days (500 M15 bars). Trade size is only 0.02 lots but it is possible to have max 10 of these trades open at once. The hope is of course that in a trend reversal at least some of them will be in the direction of the reversed trend.

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #610 on: November 22, 2020, 04:24:59 AM »
Scalping Experiment

I have struggled to develop a profitable strategy for EURAUD in the last few months. Seemingly good strategies failed in forward testing on live. The only one that has been profitable for over a year was a result of accidentally using a set file made for AUDUSD on EURAUD. So pure luck, which is what we all need from time to time. That is now running on DIY FrequentTrader.

I have also avoided making any scalping strategies in the past because they are so broker sensitive. But I thought I should give it a try. The BT over the optimisation period, never all that reliable, is shown below. Still, it shows some promise so I will give it a whirl on forward testing on demo. TP is 5 pips and the only SL is that trades are closed after approx 5 days (500 M15 bars). Trade size is only 0.02 lots but it is possible to have max 10 of these trades open at once. The hope is of course that in a trend reversal at least some of them will be in the direction of the reversed trend.

Separate Buys and Sells

I reminded myself that I have been advocating for optimising strategies separately for longs and shorts - you just get different settings as optimum for each case. So applying that logic to the new EURAUD strategy and using just Initial trades of 0.1 lot (rather than 1 Initial and up to 10 re-entries), we can achieve the merged results as shown over a two month period. So I will forward test both approaches on demo.

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #611 on: Today at 04:19:58 AM »
DIY FrequentTrader - up and running

We have now had our second $400 closeall TP with a $150 loss on EU in between a day earlier when the USD shot up. So all good at this stage.

Also pleasing to see the new EURAUD strategies doing well - dialed the lot size down to 0.02 lot from 0.1 lot since at this stage we just want to see how they perform.

We now have four different EURAUD strategies running and I will be adding a fifth. They all trade at different times/different technical triggers; the idea being that as market conditions change we will have at least some of the five that are profitable at any one time. Time will tell.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[Today at 03:45:08 PM]

Re: VPS and it importance in forex trading. by HFT Group
[Today at 12:24:18 PM]

Re: VPS and it importance in forex trading. by reddevil
[Today at 11:30:56 AM]

My Trade Journey from $20 - $20k ... Wish Me Luck by wakeel
[Today at 10:02:30 AM]