collapse

Author Topic: Spread is king?  (Read 27361 times)

Offline hybrid

Re: Spread is king?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2015, 07:03:25 AM »
Low spread pairs are important for beginners . That is why mostly traders like major currency pairs that having low spread as 2 or 3 . As spread goes higher our risk is more because we gain profit after crossing that limit of spread . Gold has higher spread so try it after much experience of trading.

Offline Forexrider

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2015, 04:16:24 AM »
Spread plays vital role in different types of trader while it may matter for scalpers a lot, it may not even seem to make much difference for long term traders.

Offline resistance

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2015, 06:30:31 AM »
Quote from: hybrid link=msg=341374 date=1434780205

Low spread pairs are important for beginners . That is why mostly traders like major currency pairs that having low spread as 2 or 3 . As spread goes higher our risk is more because we gain profit after crossing that limit of spread . Gold has higher spread so try it after much experience of trading.

Yes, you're right. Mostly beginner traders will use pair with low spreads because it's easier to reach on profit than higher spreads pair but it's not only depending on its spreads, the movement of price in the pair has high effect too. Some pairs are low in spreads but low in movement so it will be harder to reach on target. If you're good in analysis, spreads won't be problem anymore except if you're scalpers. Scalping is better with low spreads pair.

Offline diamond

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2015, 06:17:25 PM »
You are right about large spread pairs as it is irritating sometimes when our orders are not filled and TP is not hit just because spread was not filled. Anyways, I am currently happy because Mayzus is giving 40% of the spread back by its Rebate offer.

Offline hybrid

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2015, 02:51:28 AM »
Spread is very good opportunity for traders, they can make money with low spread with slide movement in market . Low spread is easy to handle as major currency pairs having low spread and traders like to trade in them .

Offline Forexrider

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2015, 07:48:06 AM »
Quote from: hybrid link=msg=342766 date=1436061088

Spread is very good opportunity for traders, they can make money with low spread with slide movement in market . Low spread is easy to handle as major currency pairs having low spread and traders like to trade in them .

Lower spreads are a scalpers favorite and this certainly helps one to benefit from the quick profits. Thus, spread has its own significant pros and cons in the trading aspect and the profit or loss making.

Offline fxman

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2015, 03:49:18 PM »
For long term trading spread is not that big issue. For scalping and  hedging obviously spread is very important . Whatever low spread is always welcome.

Offline Rahim Miya

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2015, 01:40:05 PM »
Honestly, I dont like to trade with high trading spread because its kill my trading interest. By the way, I am able to trade with narrowest trading spread facility of TradingBanks broker. So, in my daily trading I get my daily target within very short movement of market. I know, for scalper its very useful service.

Offline resistance

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2015, 06:29:45 AM »
Quote from: fxman link=msg=343090 date=1436539758

For long term trading spread is not that big issue. For scalping and  hedging obviously spread is very important . Whatever low spread is always welcome.

I am agree with you. Spread is important for short-term traders who hold movement at most a day but it doesn't give too much impact when you're long-term traders because your target will be high number of pips and you can gain profit as long as you used high spreads when you can make right analysis to the market's movement for long-term. And also, low spreads will be useless too if the movement of price is not too high. It's hard to gain profit when the spreads is low (example : 1 pip) but the price is moving up and down 2-3 pips for long time.

Offline bruce_knee

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2015, 09:14:14 PM »
Yeah spread is the reason why gambling is less of a risk than forex if you trade like that of course. You need to choose carefully a broker but spread is not the most important thing to look for - honest broker is

Offline Rocky Ward

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2015, 09:29:40 AM »
In this market place scalping is measured as a most usable and profitable trading policy for all kinds of traders in particularly the newcomers. In my trading career, due to small balance, I am extremely dependable on this trading policy for making profit instantly. and, for using this trading strategy in a proper way, I have chosen MXTrade trading broker due to only one pip narrowest trading spread.   

Offline Forex Verified

• Gold Vendor
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2015, 03:37:49 PM »
Quote from: bruce_knee link=msg=348478 date=1445631254

Yeah spread is the reason why gambling is less of a risk than forex if you trade like that of course. You need to choose carefully a broker but spread is not the most important thing to look for - honest broker is

True, especially if you're not a scalper then spread makes little difference.
If it's not verified, don't buy it - www.forexverified.com

Offline erik.shaban

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2015, 02:48:54 AM »
You're right that it doesn't make sense to aim for higher spread accounts.  Building a strategy to find out how to profit can be done in many ways that don't involve spreads though.  The spread can increase your profit by small amounts, but won't make or break a trader.  Lack of a strategy or knowledge will break a trader. 

Offline resistance

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2015, 03:38:34 AM »
Quote from: Forex Verified link=msg=348752 date=1446133069

Quote from: bruce_knee link=msg=348478 date=1445631254

True, especially if you're not a scalper then spread makes little difference.

I don't think if it is good idea to use spreads in trading as gambling although it will be lower risk to use lower spreads in gambling with forex. Some people said that scalpers are gamblers but I don't think so because there are some people who can be good scalpers. They didn't gamble but they made good timing for entry and exit point with good money management.

Offline hybrid

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2015, 08:19:55 AM »
we choose any pair on base of spread if we are managed trader. As a beginner I will like to choose low spread in trading .Spread is main thing that determines when your profit will starts when market will move.  After crossing spread we get pips of profit . If spread is high we have to wait for more movement of market to our side

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[Today at 02:59:13 PM]

Re: smart forex expert signal by _Jonathan_
[Today at 11:14:59 AM]

Re: smart forex expert signal by Jimmy SFE
[Yesterday at 10:50:37 AM]

Re: smart forex expert signal by ivanvp
[Yesterday at 10:24:02 AM]

Re: smart forex expert signal by Price Pays
[Yesterday at 09:17:48 AM]