collapse

Author Topic: Spread is king?  (Read 27427 times)

Offline Markus

Re: Spread is king?
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2015, 06:02:22 PM »
liteforex broker have good  trading conditions and small spread size

Offline indicator

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2015, 05:41:43 AM »
Number of pips in a spread plays a vital role in your earning from forex. Even with one pip difference in spread you can save one pip every time you place a trade. So select a broker with less spread.

Offline Forex Verified

• Gold Vendor
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2015, 03:25:07 PM »
Quote from: resistance link=msg=348877 date=1446435514

Quote from: Forex Verified link=msg=348752 date=1446133069

Quote from: bruce_knee link=msg=348478 date=1445631254

Yeah spread is the reason why gambling is less of a risk than forex if you trade like that of course. You need to choose carefully a broker but spread is not the most important thing to look for - honest broker is

True, especially if you're not a scalper then spread makes little difference.

I don't think if it is good idea to use spreads in trading as gambling although it will be lower risk to use lower spreads in gambling with forex. Some people said that scalpers are gamblers but I don't think so because there are some people who can be good scalpers. They didn't gamble but they made good timing for entry and exit point with good money management.

Scalping as a strategy is not gambling.
There are other trading strategies that are little affected by spread. If, let say, you trade on daily charts and go for couple hundred pips or more, 1-2 pips spread won't make a difference.
If it's not verified, don't buy it - www.forexverified.com

Offline Profitable Trading

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2015, 06:46:10 PM »
Personally I prefer ECN brokers for low spreads. Better pay executions commisions and low spread, rather trade with Market maker 2+ pips spreadon EUR/USD.

Offline bruce_knee

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2016, 01:23:57 PM »
Spread should definitely be considered in your money management because it cuts your chances of success to 49/51 so go for brokers who offer the lowest spread but I prefer not the fixed ones but floating ones

Offline drunkfx

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2016, 06:54:58 PM »
Quote from: bruce_knee link=msg=351556 date=1453382637

Spread should definitely be considered in your money management because it cuts your chances of success to 49/51 so go for brokers who offer the lowest spread but I prefer not the fixed ones but floating ones

Fixed spread is welcomed during time of high volatility or news trading when spread widening occurs quite often and can easily exceed the fix spread set by your broker (in my case Hotforex spread for EUR/USD pair is 1.8 pip, some brokers offer this size even in floating spread).  I use Fixed spread account to handle trades during NFP, Retail Sales, EIA reports and similar news releases, with decent platform speed you can make a good part of earnings from there.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 06:56:35 PM by drunkfx »

Offline iMusingKiMi

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2016, 04:39:50 AM »

Yeah, of course we have to include spreads or commissions in our money management. It is a basic operating cost just as those traditional business.

Offline bruce_knee

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2016, 01:50:03 PM »
Quote from: drunkfx link=msg=351567 date=1453402498

Fixed spread is welcomed during time of high volatility or news trading when spread widening occurs quite often and can easily exceed the fix spread set by your broker (in my case Hotforex spread for EUR/USD pair is 1.8 pip, some brokers offer this size even in floating spread).  I use Fixed spread account to handle trades during NFP, Retail Sales, EIA reports and similar news releases, with decent platform speed you can make a good part of earnings from there.

It's just from my experience with a broker who offers fixed spreads, they were higher for some pairs than you could expect, for example EURUSD was fixed with 2pips spread and with another broker with floating spreads it was always between 0.8-1.2pips even at times of high volatility like NFP. The spread doesn't normally go above 1.8pips :) So at the end of the day it was cheaper for me to choose a broker with floating spreads

Offline bruce_knee

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2016, 01:56:45 PM »
Quote from: iMusingKiMi link=msg=351575 date=1453437590

Yeah, of course we have to include spreads or commissions in our money management. It is a basic operating cost just as those traditional business.

Yes exactly, scalpers should also consider them for short trades, for example if your target profit is 20 pips, you should add the spread to that and make it 20+spread from the price of entry to the price of exit :)

Offline drunkfx

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2016, 02:19:12 PM »
Quote from: bruce_knee link=msg=351593 date=1453470603

It's just from my experience with a broker who offers fixed spreads, they were higher for some pairs than you could expect, for example EURUSD was fixed with 2pips spread and with another broker with floating spreads it was always between 0.8-1.2pips even at times of high volatility like NFP. The spread doesn't normally go above 1.8pips :) So at the end of the day it was cheaper for me to choose a broker with floating spreads

Normal spreads during NFP? Sound very unusual really.

Offline brave

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2016, 05:42:55 PM »
In this regard, I would like to say that speared is the backbone of forex trading as brokers earn with spread, so we should not worried about spread but we should choose that brokers who are giving the low spread facility in order to earn maximum from forex trading, keep in mind that trading costs always pull your trading back, so always choose that broker who are providing low spread.

Offline JulioPipo

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2016, 08:22:34 PM »
I would add that you actually have to choose a broker that provides consistently low spreads with minimum slippage. Some brokers advertise in Myfxbook spread section that they have the lowest spreads but when you actually start trading you find very bad spreads.

Offline bruce_knee

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2016, 12:26:06 PM »
Quote from: drunkfx link=msg=351956 date=1454336352

Quote from: bruce_knee link=msg=351593 date=1453470603

Normal spreads during NFP? Sound very unusual really.

Yes they are normal maybe around 2pips for most pairs

Offline Huang jing

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2016, 07:33:32 AM »
Spread is important, but maybe not king. I think trading strategy and mind are more important, actually now many broker provide smilar spreads, so we should take more time on learning.

Offline Rocky Ward

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2016, 04:16:13 AM »
In spite of good trading knowledge thats not possible at all to make profit constancy devoid of lowest trading spread. Thats why, I have decided to trade MXTrade trading broker in my trading career due to only one pip lowest trading spreads which is very supportive to make profit with certainly by using any kind of trading strategies. 

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: SymbiosisEA (via mql5.com) by Humble Trader's Fx
[Today at 12:06:16 AM]

Re: SymbiosisEA (via mql5.com) by alstoner
[Yesterday at 10:30:43 PM]

Re: forex cyborg by Humble Trader's Fx
[Yesterday at 10:01:42 PM]

Re: Bitcoin Discussion by Eliza Abrams
[Yesterday at 03:35:00 PM]

Re: SymbiosisEA (via mql5.com) by anjelo
[Yesterday at 03:32:00 PM]