collapse

Author Topic: Fundamental or Technical? Share your view  (Read 14704 times)

Offline iMusingKiMi

Re: Fundamental or Technical? Share your view
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2016, 05:50:59 AM »
Quote from: Earleone link=msg=358330 date=1476877043

I have come to the conclusion that trading when Technical and fundamental line up together is the best approach ( done on higher TF ) Fundamental mostly not kick in immediately since big hands that are in wrong way often fold and we can get an opposite reaction short term. 

Absolutely yes. Fundamental does not effect immediately, but those volatile are better to describe as speculations.

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2016, 10:51:26 AM »
I agree. I might prefer technical analysis, but it's good to know enough fundamental analysis, at least, to know when there will be major volatility on the market.

Offline drunkfx

« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2016, 07:21:06 PM »
I use fundamental analysis with Hotforex I mostly trade on news such as NFP and Central Bank decisions because markets start to move like crazy where you get many opportunities to trade on trend impulse and pullbacks.

Offline iMusingKiMi

« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2016, 07:27:33 AM »
Quote from: drunkfx link=msg=358449 date=1477333266

I use fundamental analysis with Hotforex I mostly trade on news such as NFP and Central Bank decisions because markets start to move like crazy where you get many opportunities to trade on trend impulse and pullbacks.

There are a lot of other financial instruments to trade for those fundamental noise for instance volatility trading.

Offline indicator

« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2016, 06:40:43 AM »
Technical analysis is widely used as compared to fundamental. In fundamental analysis you have to know a lot about many things in order to correctly analyze the market.

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2016, 10:21:06 AM »
In technical analysis you also have to know a lot about many things. The reason why technical analysis is preferred is that it is logical, more or less. You have to remember patterns and figures and numbers. In fundamental analysis you also have to analyze human nature, which can be much harder.

Offline Paul.Trafford

« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2016, 08:12:49 AM »
The best is combination between technical and fundamental analysis and of course on words sounds great and easi, but in reality a lot harder than it looks. I am in process of learning technical analysis but, often this alone is not enough (or maybe I am not still a pro in this thing), so I am trying to combine both and when it comes to results when both are not arguing there you have the winning place! I hope my advice helped you!

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2016, 10:27:28 AM »
I completely agree. Combining both sounds good in theory, but it's difficult in practice. It requires a rather long learning process, so one should be prepared for that from the beginning.

Offline indicator

« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2016, 05:00:08 AM »
Even if you are a pure technical trader, sometimes you have to see what fundamentals are going to effect the market greatly and then act accordingly. You even have to stop yourself for entering any trade based on technical when big news are due.

Offline Aaronpp

« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2019, 05:25:13 PM »
Both analyses are necessary to assess the state of the current market to generate profits, the technician is performed daily before each operation while the fundamental is performed to evaluate in the long term and to have a little clearer the probabilities of an increase or decrease for an exact moment of the market, when using them the operations will be more precise and the risks will be less.

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2019, 02:49:56 PM »
I agree. It's best to have knowledge about both, even if you focus on just one of them.

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2019, 09:09:17 AM »
And of course bedeviling both of these approaches are the surprise announcement; like Trump's "blink" this week on the tariffs.

The markets over-reacted. My 4% open profit on a portfolio crashed back to 2% open loss.

That is the sort of randomness we have to deal with whichever way we trade.
Information and product page - http://www.diyforexskills.com/forex-tools/

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2019, 03:17:38 PM »
And of course bedeviling both of these approaches are the surprise announcement; like Trump's "blink" this week on the tariffs.

The markets over-reacted. My 4% open profit on a portfolio crashed back to 2% open loss.

This is what the stop loss function is for, regardless of which type of analysis one uses.

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #103 on: August 16, 2019, 08:58:56 AM »

This is what the stop loss function is for, regardless of which type of analysis one uses.

Yes, SL is crucial for either technical or fundamental trading. But what I had in mind for "randomness" is the sort of events caused by the Trump "blink" which cause the markets to often over-correct and then later resume the previous price action or trend. In these situations we can get unnecessarily stopped out at a loss with a SL. Only to find the market resuming its previous behaviour.

This effect is amplified when running a portfolio. In my example the portfolio had 20 open positions, was nicely in profit in equity terms and then plunged into an open/equity DD. Only to resume at the midpoint, since my SLs were pretty large and hence were not hit. Who knows how this will finish.

No amount of technical or fundamental analysis can assist in such cases. We just need to know they can occur at random times and is one of many reasons why BTs of either EAs or manual, can never guarantee future results.
Information and product page - http://www.diyforexskills.com/forex-tools/

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #104 on: August 16, 2019, 02:48:36 PM »
Good point.
I, personally, do prefer to be stopped out if a big whipsaw is happening for whatever reason, but that's just me.

browse forum

* Recent Posts