collapse

Author Topic: Forex Trend Detector  (Read 69111 times)

Offline wallstreet.forex.robot

• WallStreet Forex Robot
Forex Trend Detector
« on: June 22, 2015, 01:23:51 PM »
Hello everyone,

We would like to introduce our new FOREX robot - Forex Trend Detector.

http://www.forextrenddetector.com/

This is an impulse following EA, designed to follow the "Smart Money" on the market.

At the moment we have 6-month verified REAL money account with 300% (2122 pips) gain:

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/fxtrenddetector/forex-trend-detector/1280220

As well we have tested this strategy more than 2 years on different real money accounts with excellent results.

Our official launch is today and the price is more than affordable.

Here is how the trading of Forex Trend Detector looks like:

This is the official donnaforex profile of the WallStreet Forex Robot team. If you have support issues or questions, please use our support system, because we cannot guarantee we will be able to monitor our topics in donnaforex all the time.

Offline felipebr

Re: Forex Trend Detector
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 01:44:20 PM »
Hi people, I made some backtests this weekend and it look great... 99% tick data backtests looks better than in their website. I already started a demo test and will do more backtests to compare with demo trading.

Until now my backtests match very well their live account... but they have some "experimental" trades that would not happen now.

Regards
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 01:54:08 PM by felipebr »

Offline Anchorpoint

• Position sizing is the key
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 11:52:39 PM »
Quote from: felipebr link=msg=341580 date=1434977060

Hi people, I made some backtests this weekend and it look great... 99% tick data backtests looks better than in their website. I already started a demo test and will do more backtests to compare with demo trading.

Until now my backtests match very well their live account... but they have some "experimental" trades that would not happen now.

Regards

Yes this EA looks interesting. Please share your backtest results. Looking through the BT on vendor site creates questions since lot sizes increase dramatically suddenly a few times in the BT.
Anything can happen - every moment in the market is unique

Offline Eddi Megabot

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 09:03:07 AM »
Quote from: Anchorpoint link=msg=341624 date=1435013559

Quote from: felipebr link=msg=341580 date=1434977060

Regards

Yes this EA looks interesting. Please share your backtest results. Looking through the BT on vendor site creates questions since lot sizes increase dramatically suddenly a few times in the BT.

Especially the end date in 2016 (!) raises many questions......

• WallStreet Forex Robot
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 09:13:53 AM »
Quote from: Anchorpoint date=1435013559 link=msg=341624

Quote from: felipebr date=1434977060 link=msg=341580

Regards

Hello,

This is just the "RecoveryMode" draw-down compensating algorithm in action. If you disable the "RecoveryMode" the results are also good with Profit Factor greater than 2, lower draw-down and smoother equity curve. The recovery option works great with this EA, because when it loses it loses only 35 pips per trade, but when it catch a good market impulse it can make several hundred pips with the increased lot size and the profit would be great in this case. So this is just a great option for traders which are ready to deal with the risk and unleash the greater profit potential of Forex Trend Detector. Actually we have reports from several our users performed 99% tick tests with results even better then ours.
This is the official donnaforex profile of the WallStreet Forex Robot team. If you have support issues or questions, please use our support system, because we cannot guarantee we will be able to monitor our topics in donnaforex all the time.

Offline felipebr

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 12:59:28 PM »
Good question, I just checked Trend Detector website. Why your backtests have one of the dates with 2016 ?  :D

My tickdata backtests made for IC Markets feed:

From 2007 to 2015
http://www.myfxbook.com/strategies/trenddetect2007/82852
Rom 2011 to 2015
http://www.myfxbook.com/strategies/trenddetectoreu/82841

From 2007 to 2015 I added slippage.

Thank you
Regards
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 01:11:43 PM by felipebr »

• WallStreet Forex Robot
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 01:33:28 PM »
Quote from: felipebr link=msg=341672 date=1435060768

Good question, I just checked Trend Detector website. Why your backtests have one of the dates with 2016 ?  :D

From 2007 to 2015
Rom 2011 to 2015

Thank you
Regards

We appreciate your tick data backtests. The end date in our backtests is just set forward, because that way we do not need to set the exact date every time we perform a backtest. The backtest just ends when the history ends - it is that simple. You can put as an end date 2050 if you wish. Of course only a small part of the traders are familiar with the backtest specifics so we do not mind to answer naive questions like this.

Offline Tempestshade

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 01:54:07 PM »
Quote from: wallstreet.forex.robot link=msg=341682 date=1435062808

Of course only a small part of the traders are familiar with the backtest specifics so we do not mind to answer naive questions like this.

That is kind of harsh.....

Nice looking backtests though.

Cheers,
David

Offline felipebr

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 01:58:59 PM »
Quote from: wallstreet.forex.robot link=msg=341682 date=1435062808

Quote from: felipebr link=msg=341672 date=1435060768

Good question, I just checked Trend Detector website. Why your backtests have one of the dates with 2016 ?  :D

From 2007 to 2015
Rom 2011 to 2015

Thank you
Regards

We appreciate your tick data backtests. The end date in our backtests is just set forward, because that way we do not need to set the exact date every time we perform a backtest. The backtest just ends when the history ends - it is that simple. You can put as an end date 2050 if you wish. Of course only a small part of the traders are familiar with the backtest specifics so we do not mind to answer naive questions like this.

I don't think it was a "naive" question, since nobody know everything and thank you for your answer but I dispense this kind of arrogance.

Regards

• WallStreet Forex Robot
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2015, 02:53:59 PM »
Of course, nobody knows everything. Please, accept our sincere apology, if we made you to feel offended!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 05:25:00 AM by wallstreet.forex.robot »

Offline gillybet

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2015, 12:45:02 AM »
Just wondering with the market as it atm how you think it will handle the turbulent conditions? I have turned off my other ea's.

Offline Anchorpoint

• Position sizing is the key
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2015, 10:05:34 AM »
Quote from: gillybet link=msg=342048 date=1435275902

Just wondering with the market as it atm how you think it will handle the turbulent conditions? I have turned off my other ea's.

This EA is made for trading in turbulent conditions so keep it running. Though I would not keep any open positions over the coming weekend, big gap risk on Monday
Anything can happen - every moment in the market is unique

Offline piphunter

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2015, 12:51:23 AM »
Running this on live account the day of the release and not impressed with it. Ran it through the Greece turbulence and not much happened. Anyone else running this with any success?
FXCM - SWVPS - http://asirikuy.com/ GodsGiftATR, Atinalla F3.5

Offline gillybet

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2015, 06:05:31 AM »
Ran it live and gave up after quite a few losses in a row with no sign of a positive trade - not what I expected, got refunded already. Disappointing. Don't usually like to bag stuff but I am fed up with things not performing as promised -incredibly precise entries?..not.

Offline pipsbuster

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2015, 07:47:30 PM »
Quote from: wallstreet.forex.robot link=msg=341578 date=1434975831

As well we have tested this strategy more than 2 years on different real money accounts with excellent results.

Why not show those too?

browse forum

* Recent Posts