collapse

Author Topic: EUR/USD  (Read 20938 times)

Online reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
Re: EUR/USD
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2017, 02:49:09 PM »
Draghi's speech today was fairly hawkish in my estimation. Gave it a read over and he speaks rather persistently to the present strength of the Euro Banking sector and it's capacity for dealing with bad loans and keeping housing bubbles at bay.

Link for anyone who might be interested. Could give up a bit of a pop up on the EUR/USD tomorrow.

http://www.ecb.europa.eu/press/key/date/2017/html/ecb.sp171107.en.html

they have the bubbles of all bubbles over there, in housing.

i never seen such exuberance in my life ever before, a buddy of mine was offered so much money for his house he had simply no other choice then to sell.

this will not end well........................

Offline CanadianPsycho

• Free markets are sexy
« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2017, 02:57:26 PM »
Oh...dude...don't think for a second I agree with any of that nonsense. I'm just looking at the news impact. We all know that these are houses of cards lol.

Online reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2017, 03:06:46 PM »
Oh...dude...don't think for a second I agree with any of that nonsense. I'm just looking at the news impact. We all know that these are houses of cards lol.

good to know there is still some brains left in this world ;)

Offline CanadianPsycho

• Free markets are sexy
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2017, 03:29:32 PM »
Well, I like to think that I've a couple of mildly active brain cells to rub together here from time to time. Hahaha

Online Eliza Abrams

« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2017, 02:31:38 PM »
EUR/USD is still consolidating around 1.1670, but this week there are speeches by both ECB President Mario Draghi and the Fed Chair Janet Yellen, so the news are bound to end the consolidation.

Offline JuanG

• All is possible
    • Forex market
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2017, 04:27:03 PM »
Ive decided not to make a forecast given that news items can render any kind of technical signal irrelevant. Moreover, there is a lot of news expected today. To those who have stayed in the market, I wish the best of luck in weathering todays major developments. To anyone who isnt currently in the market, I advise remaining on the sidelines for today.

Online Eliza Abrams

« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2017, 02:11:24 PM »
The fundamentals pushed EUR/USD hard to the upside. The way it's rallying it could reach 1.1900 or even climb above it soon. The long-term target is probably the last high at 1.2092.

Online Eliza Abrams

« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2017, 02:57:54 PM »
There was a pullback from 1.1860 which is normal after such a sharp rally, but now the question is whether that rally will continue because the pullback also formed a shooting star candlestick on the daily time frame. A breakout above 1.1860 will confirm the further bullish movement.

Offline Paul.Trafford

« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2017, 03:06:08 PM »
Yesterday's Euro rising breaks above diagonal resistance connecting the high from September 08 and September 20 giving some sign for possible further uptrend movement. We had nice pullback today and looks like new Euro rising would be just a matter of time with very first targets 1.1845/55

Online Eliza Abrams

« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2017, 02:41:41 PM »
 EUR/USD is consolidating below 1.1800, the pair seems very undecided despite the shooting star candlestick on the daily time frame.

Offline Humble Trader's Fx

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2017, 11:54:00 PM »
EUR/USD is consolidating below 1.1800, the pair seems very undecided despite the shooting star candlestick on the daily time frame.

What cause the EUR to drop a like a rock; it can't be because Mugabe refusing to step down or maybe the lesser of importance, Merkel ?  :o 8)

Regards,
HumbleTrader
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 12:33:27 AM by Humble Trader's Fx »
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Offline deathlord

« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2017, 09:09:13 AM »
Its probably Merkel and the failure of Jamaica-exploratory talks, yes.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2017, 11:10:04 AM »

Technical or Fundamental?

Several years from now technical trading educators will no doubt use today's price action on the Daily EURUSD as a classic example of how once a trend line is broken, a re-test of that trend line will follow prior to price continuing the break.

See orange rectangle area in chart below.

But those trading on this day will know that the sharp drop back to the trendline was in response the news that Merkel had failed to form a new coalition government.
And the subsequent move back up was in response to better than expected German PPI data released several hours later.

So are technical setups just coincidental to moves made in response to fundamentals? And that is why they only work sometimes?

(Of course I should wait till the NY close before writing this, but hey, I want to go to sleep now. :-) )
Information and product page - http://www.diyforexskills.com/forex-tools/

Offline JuanG

• All is possible
    • Forex market
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2017, 03:06:00 PM »
Interesting perspective, I think that the trade has very unpredictable moments, but the example you pose has to see the feelings of the investor, the psychology of trading is very important to take successful traders. Another aspect is the economic calendar https://alpari.com/en/analytics/calendar_fxstreet/ which we must stick to not to fall for market sentiment, I have always learned not to be in the market in 5 minutes before a shocking news is made known, because the movement can close your operation, for better or for worse

Offline Paul.Trafford

« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2017, 07:38:05 AM »
Interesting perspective, I think that the trade has very unpredictable moments, but the example you pose has to see the feelings of the investor, the psychology of trading is very important to take successful traders. Another aspect is the economic calendar https://alpari.com/en/analytics/calendar_fxstreet/ which we must stick to not to fall for market sentiment, I have always learned not to be in the market in 5 minutes before a shocking news is made known, because the movement can close your operation, for better or for worse

Your post doesn't make sense, not to mention that it is nothing to do with the subject. Please don't spam the subject!

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Z Trader FX EA by reinerh
[Today at 07:51:15 PM]

Re: Will cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin ever gain mass adoption? by Eliza Abrams
[Today at 04:35:38 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[Today at 04:30:33 PM]

Re: Z Trader FX EA by rsmereka
[Today at 03:05:01 PM]

Re: Good uk broker? by drunkfx
[Today at 02:25:41 PM]