collapse

Author Topic: FourLeafClover EA from FourLeafClover FX  (Read 64153 times)

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
FourLeafClover EA from FourLeafClover FX
« on: July 05, 2016, 04:34:10 PM »
Spotted this one on MyFxBook while looking through the Systems list for profitable systems :-

FourLeafClover EA from FourLeafCloverFX - www.fourleafcloverfx.com

There are three live accounts running forward tests with decent history going back approx 1 year and averaging 5% to 6.5% per month.  It's an EA with one-off fee.

Has anyone used it?

Thanks.

Offline IFFTrader

• RobinVOL
Re: FourLeafClover EA from FourLeafClover FX
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 12:45:18 PM »
It look decent for a year but it step up the lot size after few initial levels. What I don't like to see is the negative pips count. That tells me the strategy only profitable by the incremental lot size. I have similar strategy that work nicely almost two years until it sudden MC my account.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/FourLeafCloverFX/fourleafclover-fx-multi-wwwfourleafcloverfxcom/1408955

« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 12:46:51 PM by IFFTrader »

Offline lonewolf

• Keep at it!
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 01:06:42 PM »
Quote from: IFFTrader link=msg=356240 date=1467978318

It look decent for a year but it step up the lot size after few initial levels. What I don't like to see is the negative pips count. That tells me the strategy only profitable by the incremental lot size. I have similar strategy that work nicely almost two years until it sudden MC my account.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/FourLeafCloverFX/fourleafclover-fx-multi-wwwfourleafcloverfxcom/1408955

IFFTrader, as most cases it is increasing the lot size that makes the negative pip count, strategies that run flat lots and average out of positions also have negative pip counts. 
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 01:07:12 PM by lonewolf »

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 03:26:27 PM »
When I look at the three live accounts I can see the following in MyFXBook "Pips":-

Acc1 +3498 pips
Acc2 +942 pips
Acc3 +1106 pips

How do you get to that Advanced Statistics tab for a breakdown by pair?  When I look at the Custom Analysis tab you can get a breakdown.  It shows that the USDCAD pair has made more profit than the AUDCAD pair, but AUDCAD has made more pips...  Overall though, it is consistently showing profits.

I haven't bought or looked at EAs for a long time now. Is it worth a ~$250 punt? I see they do have a one month refund policy (with conditions) :-

"Q. Do you have a refund policy?

A. Yes - If after receiving the EA, it has not made a profit after 30 days (from date of receipt) then you are entitled to a full refund.  The conditions of this refund are that you have setup the EA correctly on your live trading account with the recommended minimum balance and appropriate risk setting for that balance as specified within the Installation and Setup Guide and that your MetaTrader terminal has a stable connection to your broker.
"

It also mentions about making the cost back within the first month and looking at the history that would seem correct.

Offline IFFTrader

• RobinVOL
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 02:12:27 PM »
Quote from: lonewolf link=msg=356241 date=1467979602

IFFTrader, as most cases it is increasing the lot size that makes the negative pip count, strategies that run flat lots and average out of positions also have negative pip counts. 

There is a different, for single trade or average out with same lot size strategy, the lot size is same as a basket. It won't MC your account compare to martingale unless you run with over leverage risk.

Offline IFFTrader

• RobinVOL
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 02:13:30 PM »
Quote from: Ruairi OPleurisy link=msg=356245 date=1467987987

When I look at the three live accounts I can see the following in MyFXBook "Pips":-

Acc1 +3498 pips
Acc2 +942 pips
Acc3 +1106 pips

How do you get to that Advanced Statistics tab for a breakdown by pair?  When I look at the Custom Analysis tab you can get a breakdown.  It shows that the USDCAD pair has made more profit than the AUDCAD pair, but AUDCAD has made more pips...  Overall though, it is consistently showing profits.

I haven't bought or looked at EAs for a long time now. Is it worth a ~$250 punt? I see they do have a one month refund policy (with conditions) :-

"Q. Do you have a refund policy?

A. Yes - If after receiving the EA, it has not made a profit after 30 days (from date of receipt) then you are entitled to a full refund.  The conditions of this refund are that you have setup the EA correctly on your live trading account with the recommended minimum balance and appropriate risk setting for that balance as specified within the Installation and Setup Guide and that your MetaTrader terminal has a stable connection to your broker.
"

It also mentions about making the cost back within the first month and looking at the history that would seem correct.

Just look at the "Summary" tab in Advanced Statistics.

Offline lonewolf

• Keep at it!
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2016, 02:31:51 PM »
Quote from: IFFTrader link=msg=356262 date=1468069947

Quote from: lonewolf link=msg=356241 date=1467979602

There is a different, for single trade or average out with same lot size strategy, the lot size is same as a basket. It won't MC your account compare to martingale unless you run with over leverage risk.

That's what I meant to say, people have come on and bluntly called a system a martingale because of it's negative pip count, don't want new comers to think that.

Offline mattys

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 04:59:12 AM »
What's the outlook on this EA? I'm asking the more experienced guys. The performance data looks really impressive but just from the posts on here, there seems to be some negativity

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2016, 02:21:55 PM »
Matty, I think this one is not one of the widely pushed commercial EAs and therefore experience seems to be limited.  This in itself is actually a positive as most commercial EAs turn out to leave a sour taste in the mouth!

The comments about negative pip counts I think are more general in that there are popular EAs on here that have literally thousands of negative pips and high DD (though are still profitable).

When I look at FourLeafClover EA stats though I see that it is making positive pips overall and consistent profit along with low DD.  Current pips :-

Acc1 +3236 pips (74% profit)
Acc2 +895 pips (47% profit)
Acc3 +848 pips (11% profit)

It's therefore looking quite attractive really.  I'd be interested in some reviews of current users too, but I may go ahead and buy anyway as there is a refund option.

Offline parkerbonline

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2016, 03:17:59 PM »
Quote from: Ruairi OPleurisy link=msg=356419 date=1468588915

Matty, I think this one is not one of the widely pushed commercial EAs and therefore experience seems to be limited.  This in itself is actually a positive as most commercial EAs turn out to leave a sour taste in the mouth!

The comments about negative pip counts I think are more general in that there are popular EAs on here that have literally thousands of negative pips and high DD (though are still profitable).

When I look at FourLeafClover EA stats though I see that it is making positive pips overall and consistent profit along with low DD.  Current pips :-

Acc1 +3236 pips (74% profit)
Acc2 +895 pips (47% profit)
Acc3 +848 pips (11% profit)

It's therefore looking quite attractive really.  I'd be interested in some reviews of current users too, but I may go ahead and buy anyway as there is a refund option.

Is that backtesting or a live account?

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2016, 04:31:25 PM »
Quote from: parkerbonline date=1468592279 link=msg=356421

Is that backtesting or a live account?

It's based on the live accounts on their website.  There's a performance page which links to MyFxBook account stats :-

http://www.fourleafcloverfx.com/forward-tests.html

Offline IFFTrader

• RobinVOL
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2016, 05:51:21 AM »
Thanks for looking at it deeper. Of course nothing says guarantee failure but it can MC account some day if let run at same risk. One possible way to overcome it is by regularly withdraw profits until you take back your capital. This is the only way to make profit from a Martingale strategy.

This is one on my radar for years and some traders here has own it. It survive since 2013.
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/FX_Hunter_net/fx-hunter-real/694954

If constantly withdraw, probably make back multiple times the investment.

Offline candlesurfer

• Trade Me on Darwinex
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2016, 01:51:44 AM »
Quote from: IFFTrader link=msg=356471 date=1468817481

Thanks for looking at it deeper. Of course nothing says guarantee failure but it can MC account some day if let run at same risk. One possible way to overcome it is by regularly withdraw profits until you take back your capital. This is the only way to make profit from a Martingale strategy.

This is one on my radar for years and some traders here has own it. It survive since 2013.
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/FX_Hunter_net/fx-hunter-real/694954

If constantly withdraw, probably make back multiple times the investment.

Broker looks very shady to me, I don't believe the history is real

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2016, 04:06:48 PM »
Quote from: candlesurfer date=1469321504 link=msg=356637

According to MyFxBook the FourLeafClover accounts are all Track Record Verified & Trading Privileges Verified :-

Track Record Verification
"Track record is verified after comparing the data to data coming directly from the broker using an investor password"

Trading Privileges Verification
"Trading privileges are verified when the trader opens a pending order with a key provided by Myfxbook or the investor password is changed to a password provided by Myfxbook"

Perhaps it was the FX_Hunter account you were looking at, but even when I look at that it's also verified.

Offline lonewolf

• Keep at it!
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2016, 05:40:32 PM »
Quote from: Ruairi OPleurisy link=msg=356671 date=1469459208

Quote from: candlesurfer date=1469321504 link=msg=356637

According to MyFxBook the FourLeafClover accounts are all Track Record Verified & Trading Privileges Verified :-

Track Record Verification
"Track record is verified after comparing the data to data coming directly from the broker using an investor password"

Trading Privileges Verification
"Trading privileges are verified when the trader opens a pending order with a key provided by Myfxbook or the investor password is changed to a password provided by Myfxbook"

Perhaps it was the FX_Hunter account you were looking at, but even when I look at that it's also verified.

I think they meant the actual Broker is shady, so the history could essentially be made up completely.

I have no idea personally.

browse forum