collapse

Author Topic: FourLeafClover EA from FourLeafClover FX  (Read 60361 times)

Offline alaali

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
Re: FourLeafClover EA from FourLeafClover FX
« Reply #165 on: March 04, 2019, 02:48:52 PM »
Which risk level are you using and which pairs?

Hi alaali, I am using risk level (mode) 4 on AUDCAD & USDCAD pairs.

What is the balance on your account? I am not sure should I use mode 4 for AUDCAD and USDCAD with a balance of $6000 or start with mode 1 as advised? Did you faced a huge draw down when your account is underfunded?

Thanks

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #166 on: March 04, 2019, 11:48:44 PM »
I run AUDCAD & USDCAD together at Mode 4 with $18k balance (that would be like the equivalent of running Mode 1 with $4,500 balance on the same two pairs).  Some other trading is also done on this account so I like to keep the balance up.

I ran very underfunded at the beginning and it was fine, but in Forex I've found that greed has a way of always catching up with you so being more sensible now that the balance has built up.

With Mode 1, the minimum suggested balance in the guide is $3k (regular) or $30 (cent) - I'd start with that and the AUDCAD pair if you want to get a feel for this or the two recommended pairs (AUDCAD & USDCAD) with a $4,500 balance.  You can go with less and risk the two pairs with $3k and likely be absolutely fine but that would be over-trading I think.

I just let it get on with it now without having to worry and take out the profits every month.  To me, that's better than always looking at accounts worrying from day to day if you are going to blow it if you've put a very small deposit in.  Though I guess if you start small and get lucky then that's another way to go at it!

Offline alaali

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #167 on: March 05, 2019, 06:44:49 AM »
Thanks for your detailed answer. Will start with mode 1 and will see how it goes.

I run AUDCAD & USDCAD together at Mode 4 with $18k balance (that would be like the equivalent of running Mode 1 with $4,500 balance on the same two pairs).  Some other trading is also done on this account so I like to keep the balance up.

I ran very underfunded at the beginning and it was fine, but in Forex I've found that greed has a way of always catching up with you so being more sensible now that the balance has built up.

With Mode 1, the minimum suggested balance in the guide is $3k (regular) or $30 (cent) - I'd start with that and the AUDCAD pair if you want to get a feel for this or the two recommended pairs (AUDCAD & USDCAD) with a $4,500 balance.  You can go with less and risk the two pairs with $3k and likely be absolutely fine but that would be over-trading I think.

I just let it get on with it now without having to worry and take out the profits every month.  To me, that's better than always looking at accounts worrying from day to day if you are going to blow it if you've put a very small deposit in.  Though I guess if you start small and get lucky then that's another way to go at it!

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #168 on: March 07, 2019, 11:12:51 PM »
Humble, have you dropped the FLC account that you just started?  Your sig now just has another new Z Trader entry.

This set me thinking about this page which is no longer maintained - what about resurrecting it with the  EAs that are on forward test :-

https://donnaforex.com/index.php?page=livetests

It's pretty poor when we don't have anything current there to show as being profitable or even anything in forward test.  What about adding them in there so it possible to compare?

Online Humble Trader's Fx

• Global Moderator
« Reply #169 on: March 07, 2019, 11:34:19 PM »
Humble, have you dropped the FLC account that you just started?  Your sig now just has another new Z Trader entry.

This set me thinking about this page which is no longer maintained - what about resurrecting it with the  EAs that are on forward test :-

It's pretty poor when we don't have anything current there to show as being profitable or even anything in forward test.  What about adding them in there so it possible to compare?

Hello, Ruairi OPleurisy.

That is my next step to ask Fourleaf to lisence the same account as ZTrader. Given that 4Leaf is prolific with trades and ZTrade not that often, I don't see any problem why they cannot work together on the same cent account and we can differentiate from one another via their magic numbers.

On to getting in touch with 4Leaf.  :)

Regards,
HumbleTrader

« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 11:45:38 PM by Humble Trader's Fx »
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Love is the ink, wisdom is the message.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #170 on: March 08, 2019, 11:52:10 AM »

Hello, Ruairi OPleurisy.

That is my next step to ask Fourleaf to lisence the same account as ZTrader. Given that 4Leaf is prolific with trades and ZTrade not that often, I don't see any problem why they cannot work together on the same cent account and we can differentiate from one another via their magic numbers.  (Inc. ZTrader EA, Magic #1000)

On to getting in touch with 4Leaf.  :)

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Happy to announce that the folks at FourLeafClover (magic # 4411144), have allowed  me to run their EA which appears in the widget in my signature.

Best of luck and many green pips.  :)

Regards,
HumbleTrader
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 12:03:47 PM by Humble Trader's Fx »
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Offline Ruairi OPleurisy

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #171 on: March 11, 2019, 02:48:23 PM »
Humble,

I see you have started this new account with AUDUSD (rather than AUDCAD) and USDCAD pairs.  AUDCAD & USDCAD are the two recommended pairs by FLC so is this a mistake?

AUDCAD got off to a great start on the other account you started.  You can stop further trades on AUDUSD by setting the 'allowNewTrades' to false (existing trades will be managed to closure) and opening another chart for AUDCAD...

Ruairi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #172 on: March 11, 2019, 03:05:45 PM »
Humble,

I see you have started this new account with AUDUSD (rather than AUDCAD) and USDCAD pairs.  AUDCAD & USDCAD are the two recommended pairs by FLC so is this a mistake?

AUDCAD got off to a great start on the other account you started.  You can stop further trades on AUDUSD by setting the 'allowNewTrades' to false (existing trades will be managed to closure) and opening another chart for AUDCAD...

Ruairi

Well noted and corrected, Ruairi OPleurisy. I must have been drunk on Irish Brew; thanks for that. :)

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #173 on: March 19, 2019, 09:35:26 AM »
Unless you are going to trade with Dukascopy, why bother? Your own broker price feed data for forward testing trading is unlikely to be of 99.9% quality.
Information and product page - http://www.diyforexskills.com/forex-tools/

Live trading accounts
https://www.fxblue.com/users/sydap2003axilive (FXAE Bollinger Band EAs)
https://www.fxblue.com/users/sydapaxilivepro (Magic Wand Trading) Not trading with this at the moment.

browse forum