collapse

Author Topic: Dux Forex  (Read 264823 times)

Offline valforex

Re: Dux Forex
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2017, 12:12:47 AM »
Yes, its the same. Their promotional page is the one that is promoting the yearly plan.

Offline yova

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2017, 10:07:26 PM »
I have been intrigued by this thread so I think I am gonna give this a try. I have read good reviews on dux forex signals. Does anyone know if they send alerts to mobile too? I have an iPhone.

Offline valforex

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2017, 03:57:54 AM »
I have been intrigued by this thread so I think I am gonna give this a try. I have read good reviews on dux forex signals. Does anyone know if they send alerts to mobile too? I have an iPhone.

Yes Dux Forex sends alerts to mobile phones iPhone or Android. I use Android but you can download their iPhone app.

Offline yova

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2017, 07:50:56 PM »
That is great. I just signed up this morning and got a GBP/JPY signal and it was a profit. So far so good.

Offline The_Snowman

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2017, 05:39:47 AM »
Now I found another Dux Forex website:
https://duxforex.com/
They sell signals too.
The same guys? Guess so.
Because websites are linked.

I didn't find where they are linked but that site has more pages for sure, more content, but.............

Still no track record??? Is it that hard to keep a trade record? You only have to do the trades and MT4 will show the record.......

I mean there are 2 years of videos on Youtube, that takes some production time & effort.

Videos only show the number of pips for the day, no chart, no trade, nothing extra!

I guess 1 good trade, even if it only confirms regular Price Action Analysis, will pay for it for 1 year.

One page has monthly and the other the annual subscription; I guess, take 1 month and if happy, go over to the year

Cheers, John

Offline valforex

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2017, 02:01:26 PM »
The take profit is relative to what you set. There are 3 TP prices but you can only use one at a time in MT4. I don't think its a matter of being difficult, maybe its that the TP is relative to each trader. Since there are 3, MT4 shows only one. Like trader A aimed for TP2 and trader B aimed for TP3. So if the market reached TP2 and not TP3, then trader A wins and trader B loses. The total number of pips is the way to show the profit more effectively when using multiple TP points. This is what they told me.

Offline donnaforex

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2017, 02:06:45 PM »
You can use 3 TPs by splitting your trade into 3 if your lot size is big enough to begin with. For example, instead of trading at 0.3 lots, you can have three 0.1 lot trades each with different TP values. Also, you can do partial closes in MT4 but from the looks of this system that wouldn't work out so well here. You can also get trade manager EA's which will do this.
Follow DonnaForex on Facebook and Twitter.

If you need to contact me, email admin@donnaforex.com or Skype 'donnaforex' or PM via the forum.

Offline The_Snowman

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2017, 02:32:35 PM »
This is another reason a good track record needs to be kept and displayed

With the 3 positions, and only reporting everything as pips, it doesn't give a very good idea of percentage gain or loss per trade

You can say 30 or 42 pips made per trade and everyone is thinking full value pips when in fact they are only 1.3 of that, so should be saying 10 or 14 pips made!

Not to mention Risk vs Reward

I took the USDCAD long against my better judgement, struggling, but maybe it will succeed as USD very strong today.

Offline valforex

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2017, 11:00:56 PM »
Looks like the USD/CAD trade was a profit. Great signal by Dux Forex. Yeah donnaforex that is a good way of managing it. You can open 3 trades with smaller lot sizes and liquidate each one at a certain TP.

Offline yova

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2017, 01:12:19 AM »
USD/CAD was a profit there was also a GBP/USD signal that made even more profit. I took both.  ;D

Offline The_Snowman

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2017, 04:03:09 AM »
USD/CAD was a profit there was also a GBP/USD signal that made even more profit. I took both.  ;D

The USDGBP you speak of must have been the day before because the signal I saw last night was 1.22570 = 1.22447 > 1.22335 > 1.22101 which didn't do anything, or perhaps target 1 if you left it open until late US session; can you show the trade you placed please?

They reported 43 or 48 pips on FB but no chart...

Offline The_Snowman

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2017, 05:02:20 AM »
Here is today's first signal, I feel good about this one, got the entry spot on, 3 positions, SL in place, 3 Targets sets  ;)

sure it won't be easy but you never know when Frankfurt wakes up on a Friday

Offline The_Snowman

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2017, 06:22:02 AM »
In regard to the example shown above, stop loss is 33.5 so time 3 positions, say RISK is 100 full pips

Take Profits are 11 + 20 + 42 = 73 pips

BUT each position is only 1/3 of the full position

So the gain will be only, shall we say, 73 / 3 = approximately 25 full pip value

So Risk : Reward is 4 to 1

You may as well just use a single Take Profit of 25 pips and be done with it

Overall, what they are achieving is winners and saying how great they are by the huge pip count, for example 73 sounds so much bigger than 25

Pip count has been demonstrated many times not to be the way to gauge success

Percentage is the best way

Offline donnaforex

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2017, 08:25:48 AM »
Pip count is a useless guage for measuring progress, like you say. The main use is in when looking at other people's stats, to help put together a picture of the strategy they are using to trade... as another example; martigales quite often have negative pip counts but banked profits on the account.

Risk: Reward ratios are all relative to % win rate, they cannot be taken alone, it's impossible to say whether this strategy is good or not based solely on these ratios (despite what is touted around the rest of the net). Here's an example of why:

I have a risk:reward of 1:2, often cited as a "good" ratio.
My trades win 50% of the time, so when i lose, i might lose $50, but when i win, i win $100.
Over 100 trades, i lose $2500 and gain $5000 as long as these stats hold true.
I am net positive by $2500.

I have a risk:reward of 1:2, also "good"
My trades win 20% of the time, and lose 80% of the time. When i lose, i lose $50, and when i win, i get $100.
Over 100 trades, i lose $4000, and gain $2000.
I am net negative by $2000.

I have a terrible risk reward of 10:1.
My trades win 98% of the time, and lose 2% of the time. When i lose, i lose $100, and when i win, i win $10.
Over 100 trades, i lose $200, and gain $980.
I am net positive by $780, despite my terrible ratios.
(this is an extreme example to illustrate a point, such a strategy may or may not be within most people's comfort zones!)

So, what we really need is to collect a LOT of trades and see what the winning % averages to be. 100 trades is not particularly statistically relevant - it'd be better to collect 1000 trades. More trades = greater relevance to the stats.

This isn't an endorsement of Dux, i know absolutely nothing about it, it's just worth exploring the various scenarios and the real impact on our trading accounts. It's hard to deduce anything conclusive from only one bit of data (eg, ratio, SL, TP, win rate) but the knowledge has to be combined logically to best use.

Hope this helps some people reading this topic.

Would love to see how Dux performs over the next few hundred trades (or, next 1000 trades if taken 3 at a time!)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 08:28:07 AM by donnaforex »
Follow DonnaForex on Facebook and Twitter.

If you need to contact me, email admin@donnaforex.com or Skype 'donnaforex' or PM via the forum.

Offline The_Snowman

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2017, 10:23:52 AM »
Pip count is a useless guage for measuring progress, like you say.

Would love to see how Dux performs over the next few hundred trades (or, next 1000 trades if taken 3 at a time!)

Thanks for the confirmation, appreciated.

And as for monitoring the performance, very hard to do when no actual trades are displayed.

All they claim are the winners with xxx number of pips

I'm glad the GBPJPY signal was a winner as we should see the number of pips claimed for that

I hung on to the last position as it fits in with my overall view of the pair, so very good result no matter what.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Archer Asset Management by F1Maniac
[Today at 05:31:27 AM]

Re: Archer Asset Management by namrfigk
[Today at 05:26:25 AM]

Re: Archer Asset Management by namrfigk
[Today at 05:23:39 AM]

Re: Archer Asset Management by petersurrey
[Today at 05:19:20 AM]

Re: Archer Asset Management by Nasdaq100
[Today at 05:00:33 AM]