collapse

Author Topic: Forex Fusion  (Read 30136 times)

Offline lonewolf

• Keep at it!
Re: Forex Fusion
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2017, 10:21:48 AM »
Hello Odysseus11

From the posts I've seen you make, you constantly "bash" automated trading.. I agree there are many automated strategies that fail, there are also those that don't.

I'm currently a member of ezefx which offer a multitude of automated systems which have traded successfully for years.

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/realgains/ssg-eze074/1608255

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/realgains/profiforex-2/410445

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/realgains/golden-triangle/1455546

I feel as though people that reference "manual trading" as the right way, always fail to offer a decent account that passes the test of "time". Yet are very eager to criticise any automated strategy that  has well and beyond out lasted anything they can offer/even refer to.

Unless you come up with a track record (which you say you will), (which is awesome!) that then out excels the strategies I'm running/watching. I do not understand the scepticism/negativity you bring to everything that's automated, I've not seen you once give credit to a strategy that's gone above and beyond what you've shown..

Offline odysseus11

• Forex Fusion
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2017, 05:50:52 PM »
Paul, Ive got no problems with the questions, just no need for personal attacks.

Ive been doing this longer than anyone here (trading online, and as a RETAIL trader, I never said I was a "bank trader"), and I do know personally the ownership at various banks and brokerages, and I **do** know what they have told me over the years.

It isnt what you people want to hear that keep having this daydream of EAs and automated cash machines that make you millions while you sleep, no offense intended to my colleagues at EZEFX, who I like alot.

Im sorry if you hate reality. Im also regretful that I spent YEARS living under the same delusions that you good folks still do. I wasted years and hundreds of thousands of $$ (possibly millions).

The reality is that some things cannot yet be automated. Some parts of the execution and trade management can. And we do. But the logic of deciding whether and when and where to enter and exit a trade takes analysis of data that isnt all yet quantifiable down to numeric terms (which is all any EA or ATS can understand) and still has to be done by human judgement . Thats just the fact. And if you spoke to ANY other profitable traders - and I only use bank traders as the easy example of traders who DO make consistent profits, not retail traders who think they are profitable because their latest EA/Signal portfolio is on a streak for the last 2 months attributable to all random chance probability theory  -  they would laugh then agree, its common sense.

You can scream and wail all you want at reality, but thats what it is. If you can show me ONE successful ATS or EA trader (long term), please do so. Any few that you DO show me, I will patiently explain to you that they are either 1) seeing a short term volatility streak that is temporarily in their favor or 2) hiding true losses by using a wagering strategy such as a martingale or grid. Guaranteed.

I have seen THOUSANDS of these the last 10 years. No exceptions to this. Can YOU point any out? Be happy to analyze.

So just because you dont LIKE reality or you dont have the time or interest or available schedule to manually trade, dont get mad at me. Im just telling you how it is in truth. You want TRUTH? There it is. There are a very few actual long term profitable retail forex traders at all, but those that exist are all manual traders unless they are going thru a temporary accidental market condition that happens to agree with their ATS rules (which will come to an end sooner or later, with the trader scratching their head and wondering what "went wrong"). Those that do exist are ALL manual traders, and nearly always rely on at least some data aside from prior time/pricing. This is not a controversial view amongst professionals, only amongst hobbyist retail traders looking for the next mirage EA to believe in. My software offers a set of data that NO OTHER PRODUCT does, and it is largely uncorrelated non-historical-pricing data that does accurately represent currency strengths. Anyone can throw MAs onto charts and tell you what pairs HAVE DONE. My software tells you what it will BE DOING  OR KEEP DOING AND WHY.

If you want to be angry at me for that, be my guest. If you want to disagree and insist on "EAs" be my guest. Please show me the holy grail EA you refer to thats available at ANY price.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 09:17:37 PM by odysseus11 »
http://www.forexfusion.com
stop gambling. start trading.

Offline odysseus11

• Forex Fusion
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2017, 07:16:11 PM »
lonewolf, this is going to come down to a difference of opinion.

My opinion is that all "automated trading" systems currently on MT4 or ninja or what have you for forex trading can only analyze the info they take in. Would you concede that? And all they take in is price@time series. Thats all.

So ANY AND ALL trade logic decisions from an EA or ATS or even any purely "mechanical" manual system come from prior pricing historical series.

My point here, and I have gone on about it masively in the past so I'll just summarize again here, is that PRIOR PRICING IS NOT IN **ANY** WAY PREDICTIVE OF FUTURE MOVEMENT DIRECTION.

Thats it. thats the bottom line. If you disagree, then I would say you are completely wrong,  and we can agree to disagree.

If you agree, and yet want to "trade" using EAs and ATSs anyway, then I would point out that you are not "trading" you are gambling, and hoping that wagering strategies (such as those used by EZEs EAs) are long term profitable, or that you can catch their random profit streaks with ATS strategy that gives you long term profit. BUT AGAIN, THATS NOT TRADING, THATS GAMBLING.

If you want to be a gambler because you dont care to learn about or trade using the actual factors that DO affect or influence or predict future direction of curencies, thats fine, that your right of course.

But dont bash on ME just for calling out the truth. If there existed an ATS or EA that actually used other data as inputs that ARE predictive and uncorrelated, I could see trying to automate parts of the process from a mechanical standpoint. My point though is that it doesnt exist, and MT4 and the like cant even accept these as inputs on their own.

Thats why I said maybe someday some automation can be built that is viable. but it doesnt exist today, and yet traders DO trade manually and long term profitably today by using their own brain and considering non-past-pricing input decision factors. Thats my point.

You can check out my software or not, doesnt change the underlying reality. Grids and martingales arent trading. if you want to use them and build up 80%+ "drawdown" equity holes, be my guest, its your money.

People who want to be "traders" need to know what factors move currencies, what tea leaves to read. Period. Anyone who insists on gambling using what amount to random number generators are all fine with me, and if you want the vendors to convince you your delusion that you are "trading" is a reality, thats OK too. Just dont expect ME to buy into it.

Online Ron

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2017, 03:13:34 AM »
Ody,

I noticed that your examples use the lower time frames but can your system be used on any time frame?

thanks,
ron

Offline lonewolf

• Keep at it!
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2017, 04:41:32 AM »
lonewolf, this is going to come down to a difference of opinion.

My opinion is that all "automated trading" systems currently on MT4 or ninja or what have you for forex trading can only analyze the info they take in. Would you concede that? And all they take in is price@time series. Thats all.

So ANY AND ALL trade logic decisions from an EA or ATS or even any purely "mechanical" manual system come from prior pricing historical series.

My point here, and I have gone on about it masively in the past so I'll just summarize again here, is that PRIOR PRICING IS NOT IN **ANY** WAY PREDICTIVE OF FUTURE MOVEMENT DIRECTION.

Thats it. thats the bottom line. If you disagree, then I would say you are completely wrong,  and we can agree to disagree.

If you agree, and yet want to "trade" using EAs and ATSs anyway, then I would point out that you are not "trading" you are gambling, and hoping that wagering strategies (such as those used by EZEs EAs) are long term profitable, or that you can catch their random profit streaks with ATS strategy that gives you long term profit. BUT AGAIN, THATS NOT TRADING, THATS GAMBLING.

If you want to be a gambler because you dont care to learn about or trade using the actual factors that DO affect or influence or predict future direction of curencies, thats fine, that your right of course.

But dont bash on ME just for calling out the truth. If there existed an ATS or EA that actually used other data as inputs that ARE predictive and uncorrelated, I could see trying to automate parts of the process from a mechanical standpoint. My point though is that it doesnt exist, and MT4 and the like cant even accept these as inputs on their own.

Thats why I said maybe someday some automation can be built that is viable. but it doesnt exist today, and yet traders DO trade manually and long term profitably today by using their own brain and considering non-past-pricing input decision factors. Thats my point.

You can check out my software or not, doesnt change the underlying reality. Grids and martingales arent trading. if you want to use them and build up 80%+ "drawdown" equity holes, be my guest, its your money.

People who want to be "traders" need to know what factors move currencies, what tea leaves to read. Period. Anyone who insists on gambling using what amount to random number generators are all fine with me, and if you want the vendors to convince you your delusion that you are "trading" is a reality, thats OK too. Just dont expect ME to buy into it.

I do agree with your first bit, but I believe if a strategy can be tested on 10 yrs of price and time it can be profitable/have an advantage over 50/50.

Within the 10 yrs, markets have gone through most things fundamentally wise, and trends are still trends...  Adding in a grid style to the current trend isn't a random act. It's going with the price movement. 

By adding a few more points of data to your strategy it doesn't give you much more foresight as far as I can see?

Forex real profit EA has a record since 2010: http://www.myfxbook.com/members/fxrealprofitea/forexrealprofitea-4/118971

Another ezefx EA that has been running since 2014: http://www.myfxbook.com/members/realgains/profiforex-2/410445

Gambling is when the odds are skewed against you? How are the above accounts a 50/50? They've consistently made money over years. 

I don't understand what "factors" would change the price that would then make the price move different from what it has moved in the past 10 yrs.  Many pairs trend for considerable times,  going with the trend based on MA's and other indicators isn't a  50/50.

Maybe I'm deluded.

Looking forward to the myfxbook which out performs +378% return over 7 yrs.  Or any of the ezefx EA's which have gone for 3+ yrs.

Offline odysseus11

• Forex Fusion
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2017, 06:17:46 AM »
Yes Ron,
there are 3 .set files included for both the dashboards and trade chart templates:  scalping (5 minute or equivalent TF trade charts, H1 for most data columns in the dashboard), for day trading (H1 charts), and swing trading (H4 charts).

The data and process and rules are the same, the differences are really in just the time frames some settings adjustments, and yes you could use any OTHER time frames you wish as well with similar minor settings adjustments.

chart
Ody,

I noticed that your examples use the lower time frames but can your system be used on any time frame?

thanks,
ron
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 07:35:40 AM by odysseus11 »

Offline odysseus11

• Forex Fusion
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2017, 06:29:40 AM »
@lonewolf,

I am a RealProfit EA customer, lost thousands overall with it. Ran it for a long time.

I have never personally used EZEFX grids, the open DD equity holes are truly horrifying. If that works for you, no problem, and the vendor is a great contributor here, has been for a very long time, I think is one of the few members who's been here from the beginning. He has my respect.

I have run dozens if not hundreds of grids and martigrids of all stripes for years. The last account I blew up in fact, probably 6 or 7 years ago now, was running Indo-Run, anyone remember that gem? There are tons, Blessing, the list is endless. Envy? I could go on for hours. Unlike many I ran them for long periods and on large live accounts. Its not like I have no background in this.

Im not disputing your right to run EZE or any of the other EAs, Im saying they are not trading, they are gambling.

With the more dangerous ones, you wil leventually blow up. On the less dangerous semi-smart grids, I would concede that it may be possible to mostly break even over time and maybe even come out ahead (Robl45 thought so too back in the day), but in order to be safe the sizings you would have to use would make such an endeavor pointless. Why even bother?  And again, not trading. Gambling.

They are gambling because you are wagering the outcome of an entry without any better ability to know that outcome than random chance. Thats the definition of gambling. Looking at historical "backtests" tells you what exactly? Please be specific. Yes, it tells you that prices MOVED in this and such a fashion at one time in the past. Hooray. Exactly how does this impact your ability to know how it will move at any given point in the future? Yes, the same or similar pricing progression could REPEAT - or then again, maybe it could NOT! Guess what the probability is ? FIFTY PERCENT. In other words, on any given trade entry, you have a 50/50 chance of "guessing" correctly on the future direction. Which BTW happens to be the fully random probability. Vendors of products dont want you to know this, and rub their hands together in glee every time there is a market condition that conforms to a set of an EAs rules. However, all the win streak is doing is actually damaging would-be traders thought process, by making them then believe the EA/indicator has a predictive value. If its logic is based entirely on prior price@ time series, it does not.

NO EA or indicator I HAVE EVER SEEN GIVES ANY BETTER PREDICTIVE EFFECT THAN THAT RANDOM CHANCE. Do you have one? Can you provide a link please?

Grids are merely wagering tools. So great, you run a grid, and are hoping your method of wagering is accurate enough to be profitable long term. You might as well play roulette and guess at the probable relative lengths of red/black series numbers coming up. Same thing. Again, gambling, not trading.

Trading is using multiple uncorrelated data points to provide insight as to future price direction or strength/weakness for a currency. And these data points DO exist. For example, interest rates. But which ones specifically are useful in daytrading, and even more under exactly what circumstances? News releases, average session and day ranges, momentum, positioning of other market participants, these are all factors that are true data points that MUST be considered in order for a trader to be "trading" - IN MY OPINION. Past time@price series data are of limited value, and useless by itself. I would agree that "technical indicators" have a place and a role, but a minor one and only within the larger context of the pairs overall directional bias.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 06:45:03 AM by odysseus11 »

Offline 999cjb

• Gold Vendor
    • Easy Forex - No Hype No Pressure
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2017, 08:50:34 AM »
@lonewolf,

I am a RealProfit EA customer, lost thousands overall with it. Ran it for a long time.

I have never personally used EZEFX grids, the open DD equity holes are truly horrifying. If that works for you, no problem, and the vendor is a great contributor here, has been for a very long time, I think is one of the few members who's been here from the beginning. He has my respect.

I have run dozens if not hundreds of grids and martigrids of all stripes for years. The last account I blew up in fact, probably 6 or 7 years ago now, was running Indo-Run, anyone remember that gem? There are tons, Blessing, the list is endless. Envy? I could go on for hours. Unlike many I ran them for long periods and on large live accounts. Its not like I have no background in this.

Im not disputing your right to run EZE or any of the other EAs, Im saying they are not trading, they are gambling.

With the more dangerous ones, you wil leventually blow up. On the less dangerous semi-smart grids, I would concede that it may be possible to mostly break even over time and maybe even come out ahead (Robl45 thought so too back in the day), but in order to be safe the sizings you would have to use would make such an endeavor pointless. Why even bother?  And again, not trading. Gambling.

They are gambling because you are wagering the outcome of an entry without any better ability to know that outcome than random chance. Thats the definition of gambling. Looking at historical "backtests" tells you what exactly? Please be specific. Yes, it tells you that prices MOVED in this and such a fashion at one time in the past. Hooray. Exactly how does this impact your ability to know how it will move at any given point in the future? Yes, the same or similar pricing progression could REPEAT - or then again, maybe it could NOT! Guess what the probability is ? FIFTY PERCENT. In other words, on any given trade entry, you have a 50/50 chance of "guessing" correctly on the future direction. Which BTW happens to be the fully random probability. Vendors of products dont want you to know this, and rub their hands together in glee every time there is a market condition that conforms to a set of an EAs rules. However, all the win streak is doing is actually damaging would-be traders thought process, by making them then believe the EA/indicator has a predictive value. If its logic is based entirely on prior price@ time series, it does not.

NO EA or indicator I HAVE EVER SEEN GIVES ANY BETTER PREDICTIVE EFFECT THAN THAT RANDOM CHANCE. Do you have one? Can you provide a link please?

Grids are merely wagering tools. So great, you run a grid, and are hoping your method of wagering is accurate enough to be profitable long term. You might as well play roulette and guess at the probable relative lengths of red/black series numbers coming up. Same thing. Again, gambling, not trading.

Trading is using multiple uncorrelated data points to provide insight as to future price direction or strength/weakness for a currency. And these data points DO exist. For example, interest rates. But which ones specifically are useful in daytrading, and even more under exactly what circumstances? News releases, average session and day ranges, momentum, positioning of other market participants, these are all factors that are true data points that MUST be considered in order for a trader to be "trading" - IN MY OPINION. Past time@price series data are of limited value, and useless by itself. I would agree that "technical indicators" have a place and a role, but a minor one and only within the larger context of the pairs overall directional bias.

I have just noticed this thread with lots of interesting posts. But I would like to comment to clear up any misconceptions about EzeFX.

1. We do not produce grid traders. Some of our EAs have gap settings to ensure that new trades are not opened close to any already open trades. All new trades are placed after complying with the strategy coding and other performance filters which differ in each EA.

2. With EzeFX you pay one price and may use one of our EAs or many of our EAs depending on what you feel will be good for you.

3. As lonewolf mentioned, our EAs can run for years without having any major issues. This one is still running today and last traded yesterday.
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/realgains/profiforex-2/410445

4. Perhaps if you direct me to one or more of the "truly horrifying open DD equity holes" you mention I will be able to see what you mean. In my opinion if a member has been running for a year and has an account balance increase of 200% and an equity increase of 100% they would be very happy to have doubled their equity in this time and will not be at all bothered by the drawdown percentage.

5. We already backtest using 99% tick data for nine years. From the end of this month we shall be re-downloading a full set of backtest data covering ten years. Considering the run of unexpected happenings in the past ten years I believe that any of our EAs which passes this testing and returns acceptable profits is worth investing some money in especially as our EAs are largely "set and forget" enabling me and many EzeFX members to work in other investing, money making or just pleasurable activities while they continue to make money for us.

6. I have the greatest admiration for those intelligent, hard working manual traders who place and close orders after much manual brain permutation. It is just that I feel that if I can make money by running profitable EAs which allow me to enjoy life without burning out my brain cells then this is the route I prefer to take.

Offline dutchie

There's a saying, success is doing what everyone else isn't doing, and not doing what everyone else is doing.

Online reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2017, 12:14:11 PM »

ody,

i have no idea why you are saying ea wont work. there are so many out there which have multi year track records.
even marties have entered a golden time with the daily ranges being less then a third what they have been traditionally.

below is one which makes almost 1k a month with only 1k balance.

https://gyazo.com/24a119806e7b2f1098d23610617b43c3

so i agree with you that market changes all the time.

but the bottom line is that we have yet to see a myfxbook from you ??????

its becoming pretty lame by now = all your excuses.

Offline lonewolf

• Keep at it!
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2017, 01:45:54 PM »
Mentioning a large DD is completely invalid in my view, DD is always relative to what you're aiming to make.

None of the ezefx EA's have large DD's unless you're running with a minimal amount. I could deposit  100K and have a 0.1% DD and make 3x that. Which equals not a lot, so why not use the $ in the trading account to maximises the returns?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 01:50:41 PM by lonewolf »

Online reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2017, 01:54:08 PM »

lonewolf,

looking at your axi account you sure made a profit.

but your cent account traded for almost a year yet made no profit = yellow line

the balance increased nicely, but only gains in equity i count as profit.

or what am i missing there ??

Offline odysseus11

• Forex Fusion
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2017, 04:25:07 PM »
Anyone who wants to attack me personally can go ahead and do so, I really couldnt care less - some of the personal info you posted QP was accurate though incomplete (FTC posts), some just media reports that werent accurate at all. Bottom line, before trading forex I was very much an Internet marketing pioneer - not a "scammer"-  but believe what you want, I realize your hatred and anger that likely comes from being a failed trader fuels personal animosity towards anyone successful.

Since 2009 I have been exposing ACTUAL scammers (and it wouldnt surprise me if you are one in hiding behind your keyboard and anonymous user ID QP - you are probably one of the scammers I busted, seeking revenge), and there are thousands of posts here and on other forums to prove it - I am well known for this. If you dont know that by now you are a complete idiot or have a hidden agenda.

In none of the last 3 or 4 posts did I see anything remotely resembling an on-topic post regarding the original question posed - which was, if I might remind - the problem I have with EAs and ATS.

I note that the only one chiming in with anything of substance was.....drumroll please....a vendor. Surprise surprise.

Anyone who wishes to run martigrids or other variants of grids on tiny cent accounts and build up imaginary balances that are offset by the ongoing DD equity holes of course is free to do so (thats what EZE and the others are regardless of what the vendor furiously and desperately insists) - is EdBonita still banging his head against that wall? Chris, if you EAs are so great, why are you on version 60 or 70 or whatever you are up to? What was wrong with the first 59? What about the people who ran the first 4 dozen on live money (if there are any who havent yet bailed, which I doubt)? Do you have myfxbooks with live money accounts to share? Any from actual users not on cent accounts? I saw someone mention 3 years old myfxbook, I know u have been a vendor many years farther back than that, and myfxbook has been around the whole time, why nothing older for stats? Anything? Doubt it but Im all ears - please post. Right. Blah Blah Blah buy my junk.

And not a SINGLE refutation of why EZE style "grids" (any grids of any stripe) are not gambling. What is the entry logic? Does it take into account ANYTHING aside from past price@time? If not, then arent you asserting that prior price@time progressions are in fact predictive of future price? What is your basis for this? Do you have studies that show this, and more importantly the reason this is SO?

Of course you dont.

Anyone that wants to keep playing the chase-the-latest EA/mechanical system or "grids arent gambling" can have at it - I got OFF that treadmill years ago. Most importantly, I realized finally WHY its a losers game, and why the traders that make money do so. If sad failures must attack me personally, so be it. Have fun.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 04:31:05 PM by odysseus11 »

Offline 999cjb

• Gold Vendor
    • Easy Forex - No Hype No Pressure
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2017, 06:20:00 PM »
Anyone who wants to attack me personally can go ahead and do so, I really couldnt care less - some of the personal info you posted QP was accurate though incomplete (FTC posts), some just media reports that werent accurate at all. Bottom line, before trading forex I was very much an Internet marketing pioneer - not a "scammer"-  but believe what you want, I realize your hatred and anger that likely comes from being a failed trader fuels personal animosity towards anyone successful.

Since 2009 I have been exposing ACTUAL scammers (and it wouldnt surprise me if you are one in hiding behind your keyboard and anonymous user ID QP - you are probably one of the scammers I busted, seeking revenge), and there are thousands of posts here and on other forums to prove it - I am well known for this. If you dont know that by now you are a complete idiot or have a hidden agenda.

In none of the last 3 or 4 posts did I see anything remotely resembling an on-topic post regarding the original question posed - which was, if I might remind - the problem I have with EAs and ATS.

I note that the only one chiming in with anything of substance was.....drumroll please....a vendor. Surprise surprise.

Anyone who wishes to run martigrids or other variants of grids on tiny cent accounts and build up imaginary balances that are offset by the ongoing DD equity holes of course is free to do so (thats what EZE and the others are regardless of what the vendor furiously and desperately insists) - is EdBonita still banging his head against that wall? Chris, if you EAs are so great, why are you on version 60 or 70 or whatever you are up to? What was wrong with the first 59? What about the people who ran the first 4 dozen on live money (if there are any who havent yet bailed, which I doubt)? Do you have myfxbooks with live money accounts to share? Any from actual users not on cent accounts? I saw someone mention 3 years old myfxbook, I know u have been a vendor many years farther back than that, and myfxbook has been around the whole time, why nothing older for stats? Anything? Doubt it but Im all ears - please post. Right. Blah Blah Blah buy my junk.

And not a SINGLE refutation of why EZE style "grids" (any grids of any stripe) are not gambling. What is the entry logic? Does it take into account ANYTHING aside from past price@time? If not, then arent you asserting that prior price@time progressions are in fact predictive of future price? What is your basis for this? Do you have studies that show this, and more importantly the reason this is SO?

Of course you dont.

Anyone that wants to keep playing the chase-the-latest EA/mechanical system or "grids arent gambling" can have at it - I got OFF that treadmill years ago. Most importantly, I realized finally WHY its a losers game, and why the traders that make money do so. If sad failures must attack me personally, so be it. Have fun.

I am not sure just who you are complaining about with much of your post, hopefully not me.

We are permanently developing new EAs to provide better results on multiple years with 99% tick data backtests. Because each of our members can choose one or more of these EAs to run on any of their accounts, the choice is theirs.

We do not think it is a good idea to offer members a huge list of EAs making it very confusing as to which would be best for their situations. Instead, we remove from our offerings old EAs where a new EA can perform better with a similar function on the same pairs. We have also changed brokers on various occasions when conditions supplied by the broker have changed or the broker has decided not to continue with residents of certain countries or trading in certain currencies.

I don't think I have attacked you personally. Please point out where I have and I will apologise as it has never been my desire to do this. You are of course more than welcome to your opinion which seems to rubbish EAs. My opinion as you probably realise is exactly opposite but different opinions are a significant component in the interesting posts in many topics in this and other forums.

As I said before, we do not run grid traders and will certainly not reveal here our strategies and the entry logics we use.

If you meant that I was a failed trader, nothing could be further from the truth. I have tried manual trading for a few weeks and realised immediately that manual trading was not my forte and that the spending of large amounts of my time trying to be better at it was pointless as I was more than able to develop software to do the same thing much better. In fact, using software has proved over time to be much better for so many accounting and mathematical functions than doing them manually. I still remember from my early years in work being surrounded by a roomful of men and women adding stuff up manually and preparing documents. This doesn't happen any more as software works and is much cheaper than the manual alternative.

I'll stop here as my dinner is getting cold. So I'll just say that I think it is a great shame that differences of opinion cannot be calmly discussed without rubbishing those who are "guilty" of thinking differently.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Archer Asset Management by F1Maniac
[Today at 05:31:27 AM]

Re: Archer Asset Management by namrfigk
[Today at 05:26:25 AM]

Re: Archer Asset Management by namrfigk
[Today at 05:23:39 AM]

Re: Archer Asset Management by petersurrey
[Today at 05:19:20 AM]

Re: Archer Asset Management by Nasdaq100
[Today at 05:00:33 AM]