collapse

Author Topic: Forex Fusion  (Read 29524 times)

Offline odysseus11

• Forex Fusion
Re: Forex Fusion
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2017, 07:41:06 PM »
Chris,
Sorry if you took what I posted as an attack at you personally.
It was an attempt to answer, AGAIN, the question posed to me about why I **rubbish EA's**

And I think I was calm. I dont appreciate having most-likely-scammers-I-have-busted posting personal slanders that have nothing to do with the thread topic. Any of you can feel free to open your own topic in the proper area.

This topic I created was about the manual system I developed, offer and support. Someone asked why I hate on ATSs and EAs. I said I dont hate on the automation aspects of ATSs and EAs, I wish more of my own system could be automated (beyond the execution and management bits that are).

What I hate on, and this is what I said, is the mirage that EA and system sellers provide to the uneducated. And the bottom line is that prior price@time series have NO PREDICTIVE VALUE beyond random chance. Therefore every single EA, system, or method that makes exclusive use of prior prices has NO BETTER CHANCE THAN RANDOM PROBABILITY OF BEING PROFITABLE. This is what I said, and instead of any actual evidence of why my assertion is wrong (which you also didnt even address, BTW), I got personal attacks.

The fact that you tried for a whole "several weeks" and found manual trading not to your liking nor fitting your personality is a personal choice, and I dont judge it. But it doesnt change the underlying fact that using any EA - including yours - is gambling not trading. It is speculating on an outcome without actually having any additional information that is, in fact, predictive  of future price movement. All professional traders know this. Gamblers (and EA sellers) want to pretend what they are doing is trading. Thats all fine by me, the difference in naming conventions is semantics.

I only describe the difference at all to explain why EAs that do great in "backtests", dont realize profits in live use. This is also why mechanical systems and EAs that perform for 3/6/12 months are likely to STILL fail eventually (and with grids or martigrids, likely take your account with it). ITS BECAUSE ALL THAT WAS OBSERVED WHILE WINNING WAS A STREAK OF MARKET CONDITIONS WHERE THE ATS/EA RULES HAPPENED TO COINCIDE WITH REAL MARKET DYNAMICS (sorry for the caps but I need to emphasize my feelings on this). It is a case of "correlation does not imply causation". The fact that a prior price@time series resulted in pricing movements this and such, does not in a and of itself have any predictive power whatsoever beyond random chance. The point being that it isnt the pricing that caused these moves to begin with in the past, it was the conditions at the time (the news releases, the interest rates, the institutional orders, on and on, with relative pricing peaks/valleys playing a role but a very small and minor supportive one). Unless you recreate exactly all of that data (which cant be done) then any backtests are irrelevant, no matter how many "99% tickdata" ones you do. Just using a single data point (price@time) doesnt move the needle at all.

So having said that, do these EAs have any potential to make short term profits? Of course they do, the same chance any gambler has of winning at blackjack or roulette. Short term win streaks, all coming within the statistical probabilities eventually over time. And with EAs, this is exactly what we see, its what I experienced in YEARS of testing, operating (as I have said on many live accounts), and evaluating - I could list dozens if not hundreds (OK, cant help but name one "Robin Vol"). Except for grids and martigrids, which hide the losses until the account blows. This isnt rocket science, Chris. And its not like there isnt years of history backing up exactly what Im saying.

Peoples personal needs or wants in not learning what is truly involved in currency pricing movements and using tools based on them is a personal choice. Want to use EAs or trade with mechanical systems alone? Fine by me. I was asked why I hate EAs, so that was just my explanation. I thought it was calm, although I agree my opinion is 180 degrees from your own. Differing respectful opinions are a wonderful thing.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 07:45:15 PM by odysseus11 »
http://www.forexfusion.com
stop gambling. start trading.

Offline 999cjb

• Gold Vendor
    • Easy Forex - No Hype No Pressure
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2017, 08:28:31 PM »
Chris,
Sorry if you took what I posted as an attack at you personally.
It was an attempt to answer, AGAIN, the question posed to me about why I **rubbish EA's**

And I think I was calm. I dont appreciate having most-likely-scammers-I-have-busted posting personal slanders that have nothing to do with the thread topic. Any of you can feel free to open your own topic in the proper area.

This topic I created was about the manual system I developed, offer and support. Someone asked why I hate on ATSs and EAs. I said I dont hate on the automation aspects of ATSs and EAs, I wish more of my own system could be automated (beyond the execution and management bits that are).

What I hate on, and this is what I said, is the mirage that EA and system sellers provide to the uneducated. And the bottom line is that prior price@time series have NO PREDICTIVE VALUE beyond random chance. Therefore every single EA, system, or method that makes exclusive use of prior prices has NO BETTER CHANCE THAN RANDOM PROBABILITY OF BEING PROFITABLE. This is what I said, and instead of any actual evidence of why my assertion is wrong (which you also didnt even address, BTW), I got personal attacks.

The fact that you tried for a whole "several weeks" and found manual trading not to your liking nor fitting your personality is a personal choice, and I dont judge it. But it doesnt change the underlying fact that using any EA - including yours - is gambling not trading. It is speculating on an outcome without actually having any additional information that is, in fact, predictive  of future price movement. All professional traders know this. Gamblers (and EA sellers) want to pretend what they are doing is trading. Thats all fine by me, the difference in naming conventions is semantics.

I only describe the difference at all to explain why EAs that do great in "backtests", dont realize profits in live use. This is also why mechanical systems and EAs that perform for 3/6/12 months are likely to STILL fail eventually (and with grids or martigrids, likely take your account with it). ITS BECAUSE ALL THAT WAS OBSERVED WHILE WINNING WAS A STREAK OF MARKET CONDITIONS WHERE THE ATS/EA RULES HAPPENED TO COINCIDE WITH REAL MARKET DYNAMICS (sorry for the caps but I need to emphasize my feelings on this). It is a case of "correlation does not imply causation". The fact that a prior price@time series resulted in pricing movements this and such, does not in a and of itself have any predictive power whatsoever beyond random chance. The point being that it isnt the pricing that caused these moves to begin with in the past, it was the conditions at the time (the news releases, the interest rates, the institutional orders, on and on, with relative pricing peaks/valleys playing a role but a very small and minor supportive one). Unless you recreate exactly all of that data (which cant be done) then any backtests are irrelevant, no matter how many "99% tickdata" ones you do. Just using a single data point (price@time) doesnt move the needle at all.

So having said that, do these EAs have any potential to make short term profits? Of course they do, the same chance any gambler has of winning at blackjack or roulette. Short term win streaks, all coming within the statistical probabilities eventually over time. And with EAs, this is exactly what we see, its what I experienced in YEARS of testing, operating (as I have said on many live accounts), and evaluating - I could list dozens if not hundreds (OK, cant help but name one "Robin Vol"). Except for grids and martigrids, which hide the losses until the account blows. This isnt rocket science, Chris. And its not like there isnt years of history backing up exactly what Im saying.

Peoples personal needs or wants in not learning what is truly involved in currency pricing movements and using tools based on them is a personal choice. Want to use EAs or trade with mechanical systems alone? Fine by me. I was asked why I hate EAs, so that was just my explanation. I thought it was calm, although I agree my opinion is 180 degrees from your own. Differing respectful opinions are a wonderful thing.

If you feel that doing Forex manually is trading and running EAs is gambling, I have no problem with that at all.

Someone I know very well is a gambler. They gamble seven days a week on horses, football and probably anything else which is offered by bookmakers. The really interesting thing though is that this person wins consistently by setting up situations in which it is very difficult for them to lose.

I think that many EAs are set up to do something very similar.

But surely we are all here dealing in Forex in order to win. Does it really matter so much which method we use as long as winning is achieved?

Anyway, I am off to bed now as here in the UK we are losing an hour tonight so the only sensible answer is to go to bed an hour early to ensure the right number of hours of sleep are achieved. Then, late tomorrow our gambling machines will be running again and the profits will come rolling in. Nice work if you can get it in my opinion  :) :) :)

Offline odysseus11

• Forex Fusion
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2017, 08:44:55 PM »
Well, this isnt actually what I said nor what I meant:

"doing Forex manually is trading and running EAs is gambling"

What I said and meant was that trading is gambling if the trading logic/decisions is based exclusively on past pricing, because past pricing has no predictive value, no matter how you slice it, dice it, fancy names you call it, moving averages you apply to it, pretty colored lines and bands you paste to a chart or calculations an EA does.

It doesnt matter if the means of execution is a ATS/EA or a human manually.

I do my own trading mostly manually (with trade management semi-auto assist) only because the technology does not yet EXIST to auto-feed real predictive data into MT4 (or any other platform). Thats the bottom line, as far as my own opinion goes.

And Ive never said that ALL means of prior pricing analysis is useless, its just useless by itself, in a vacuum. If you already have a directional bias drawn from truly predictive data elements (preferably multiple uncorrelated ones), then using an oscillator to identify local peaks/valleys or a moving average to confirm a directional slope CAN be valid. As always, my opinion.

People who want to gamble are free to do so. My main issue is with vendors who pretend their EA/system is NOT gambling.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 07:31:20 AM by odysseus11 »
http://www.forexfusion.com
stop gambling. start trading.

Online donnaforex

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2017, 08:43:58 AM »
Topic locked : A cool off period is in order i think.
Follow DonnaForex on Facebook and Twitter.

If you need to contact me, email admin@donnaforex.com or Skype 'donnaforex' or PM via the forum.

Offline Bonanza

« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2017, 04:25:31 PM »
What happened to this?  Website is gonzo.

Offline Bonanza

« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2017, 04:54:59 PM »
Yep looks like this is gonzo.  No replies to my emails.

Does anybody else want my money?  >:( :-[

Offline reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2017, 05:07:26 PM »
he was busted ......................

wanted to sell a system with no proof that it works, so many of those around.

always be carefull.

Online IFFTrader

• RobinVOL
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2017, 03:27:03 AM »
I not sure the current state but I am one early bird who signups. The system does not work for me since it needs some hour of screening to trade. Ody did honour my refund.

I hope those who interested should at least ask Ody to let him watch the YouTube live trading session which he organize regularly. It may not be suitable to everyone but it has element of fundamental and technical in the system.

Sent from my MI 5C using Tapatalk

Offline tamarin trust

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2017, 11:56:35 AM »
Bought this system, for few thousand USD, in jan, BANG never realy work, and now all dead,cant make the softwear working,no reply, website is down,juste one other forex fuck-up >:(

Online IFFTrader

• RobinVOL
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2017, 03:00:15 AM »
Sorry to hear. It is painful to loss so much money because vendor run away.

Sent from my MI 5C using Tapatalk

Offline Lastonny

• 100% FOREX
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2017, 09:57:57 AM »
Bought this system, for few thousand USD, in jan, BANG never realy work, and now all dead,cant make the softwear working,no reply, website is down,juste one other forex fuck-up >:(

Eehh
Sad to say - you're not the first, you're not the last.

Offline SteveCot

« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2017, 10:07:07 AM »

Eehh
Sad to say - you're not the first, you're not the last.
Yeh. I saw so many of that. EA blows, vendor disappears and many crying clients all over the forums.
Forex is really rough industry.
If you have any forex related offers for me - I`m open minded to hear about them

Offline Benjamin7

« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2018, 04:36:52 PM »
Actually, we could organise a topic with the reviews on different platforms for this sort of trading. I think, many people would appreciate it.

Offline AdamA

« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2018, 11:26:44 AM »
504 Gateway Time-out

Anybody knows what happened?

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Outsidethebox HK Signals & PAMM funds by SJWkiller
[Yesterday at 05:24:40 PM]

Re: Pegasus FX by nwboater
[Yesterday at 01:52:31 PM]

Re: Your favourite car? by 2cuteEssence