collapse

Author Topic: EA Controller  (Read 187418 times)

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
Re: EA Controller
« Reply #165 on: December 20, 2017, 08:23:11 PM »
Hi Andrew,
thanks for you answers.

I watched a bit more into the product and another question did come to my mind. I have EAs which I coded myself and I wonder if I could use the EA Controller with them without using a trade copier. On your site you write:
"6. Works seamlessly in Signal mode with FX Autotrader Elite EAs and other 3rd party EAs that can be modified with the addition of the Controller code (access to the EAs source file is needed)"

So I wonder if I would need to give you the code and then you code it in. But if you give it to me back with closed code I can't continue developing the EA which would not really work out. If you give it to me back open source, I would be able to copy-paste it myself into my other bots which I would like but maybe you don't  ;)

Is it possible to provide me with the code needed to build it in myself or maybe giving me a closed source file which I would just need to call in my EA?

Best Regards

Hi Nadir
Yes, I will PM you the source code. I t is only a few lines of code. Happy to provide it to anyone else as well on request.
Information, rebates and products -
http://www.diyforexskills.com

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #166 on: December 20, 2017, 11:57:31 PM »
Set to go!

The Special Package of DIY ForexSkills trading tools is now available - for just $100 with a licence till 31 December 2018.

And only available for one week until 22 December 2017.

Please order via this special link and I will email you the complete package within 12 hours (usually much quicker but I do need to sleep some time.)

https://secure.avangate.com/order/checkout.php?PRODS=4721645&QTY=1&CART=1&CARD=2

For details about this special offer, please see the previous Post.

After 31 days of trading using the system approach with the Controller operating on the Trade Manager on two of the EAs supplied, the results are as shown.

EURJPY is magic 112237 series and EURUSD is 48164 series.

Crunch time is approaching fast - time to act

The Special Package offer providing a low-cost entry to the use of the Autotrader, Trade Manager and Controller, will close tomorrow, 22 December. Pls use this link to order https://secure.avangate.com/order/checkout.php?PRODS=4721645&QTY=1&CART=1&CARD=2

In the meantime I have added a further three strategies (USDCAD, GBPJPY and another EURUSD) to the demonstration accounts which have now been trading for 37 days. (SET files for these will also be provided to subscribers once we have some more data to warrant that. ) Both accounts are in profit and the use of the Controller with the TM is still proving superior as shown in attached image.

Trading Performance of the different Systems
NOTE: You must use the Filter to set Start date to 14 Nov 2017. These are old accounts, reloaded to $10K, and these tests only started on 14 Nov 2017)

Controlling the Trade Manager - https://www.fxblue.com/users/20419063
Controlling the EA - https://www.fxblue.com/users/20469928

Offline Nadir

« Reply #167 on: December 21, 2017, 10:29:36 AM »
Hi,

I wanted to give some feedback, mainly for other people reading this. Who knows, maybe there are readers who are thinking of buying this but are not sure.

I wanted to make myself a christmas gift and had the coice between Best Scalper and this Package. After struggling for some days I decided to buy this. There are a lot of commecial EAs out there and however good they may be for a certain time, with this product you can create your own thing. The lack of long-term proven live accounts is not sexy but actually this is not about certain EAs but about making or controlling your own. Yes, Andrew gives you some finished EAs together with this package but that's just a little piece of what you can and should do.

Overall it's pretty possible to make more money than Andrew himself since there are unlimited possibilities (If you use 3rd party Bots or develop your own - But even with just the Autotrader Elite EA, together with TM and EA Controller you can easily test all your life time and still not done).

However it's for people who already know pretty well what an EA is, what it does, what different indicators do and stuff. Needs overall much more knowledge than set-and-forget EAs (Set-and-Forget is 95% not profitable anyway).

Anyway, I'm not related to this products in any way, this is just an opinion of some average forums user. I plan to set up about 5-15 systems with this and will tell from time to time how it's going. Unfortunately I need to go into holidays in a few hours (Wait, did I really say unfortunately??? Yeah it is cruel when you get a new toy and need to go away :'( ) and because I don't want to experience what happens when wife comes back and sees that I "played computer" (OMG wife this is WORK, not PLAYING!!!  ::) ) instead of packing some stuff together, I will set it up throughout january  :D

On a side note: Received the source code (look above) from Andrew pretty fast (thanks!), so for now I have to say that you do not buy the package and are left alone but good support together with it.

Best Regards and merry christmas

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #168 on: December 21, 2017, 11:41:21 AM »
Thanks for the feedback Nadir. Not asked for but appreciated. (And have a great holiday.)

I was going to leave this information for a later video but just wanted to note it now for anyone who is concerned about using the Controller and TM with their own bots - which don't have, or cannot have the signal code incorporated and/or which don't have a reverse/invert trade function.

In the current documentation and website, it would suggest that you would need to use separate FX Blue Trade copier sender and receiver setups for each EA; and then a separate second series to copy the inverted trades. That would put a helluva strain on the VPS resources.

It turns out that by using the Controller with the TM you can use just a single Trade Copier to copy  normal entry trades from all EAs; and a single second instance of the Copier to copy the inverted trades from all the EAs.
As long as you select for copying all trades and set "UseOriginalOrderComment" to true.

That will enable the TM (set to manage by Order Comment) to identify the copied trades it needs to control. (You just need a TM for each EA linked to its respective Controller but that will not place a huge strain on VPS resources; unlike Trade Copiers.)

Hopefully that all makes sense. Time to catch some sleep. Back in 8 hours to attend to any orders!  Ever the optimist. Should be some interesting times next year.  :)

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #169 on: December 23, 2017, 12:24:50 AM »
Can you improve the performance of your EAs?

If you are currently running one or more EAs and wondering whether you could increase their return, then you can use the EA Controller and Trade Manager, along with the FX Blue Trade Copier, to test for that without changing anything in the way you are running the EAs now.

Just set up a second (demo) platform, and apply these tools in the way I will show you, linking it to the EAs trading on your live account, and over time you will see which platform performs better. The normal way you have been trading, or the way in which the Controller and TM moderate the action using both normal entry and reverse entry trades depending on the EA's performance/market conditions.

All for just $100 for a full year till end 2018. So plenty of time to get meaningful results.

Interested? Order now. Only $100 for a full year and at the end you get to keep one of two products for free

Order your Special Package here, but only until 24 December 2017 https://secure.avangate.com/order/checkout.php?PRODS=4721645&QTY=1&CART=1&CARD=2&DESIGN_TYPE=2

Please Note. This method does not work for marty/grid type EAs since the Controller operates on account Balance, not account Equity. As we all know marty/grid EAs always have positive balance curves UNTIL equity drops to zero and the account is wiped.

Offline petermatt

« Reply #170 on: December 24, 2017, 07:15:01 PM »
Hi Andrew,

I don't think the Presets for the VFX London Breakout are correct. In mine at least for example the EA Magic numbers are the same for each preset and there are no Lot sizes entered so this leaves me wondering if the other settings are correct. Maybe something to review after Xmas.
I'll look forward to the video in the New Year showing how to set up the Trade Manager as well.
All the best
Pete

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #171 on: December 24, 2017, 10:43:22 PM »
Hi Andrew,

I don't think the Presets for the VFX London Breakout are correct. In mine at least for example the EA Magic numbers are the same for each preset and there are no Lot sizes entered so this leaves me wondering if the other settings are correct. Maybe something to review after Xmas.
I'll look forward to the video in the New Year showing how to set up the Trade Manager as well.
All the best
Pete

Hi Peter
On a quick check before the kids arrive, only the EURJPY Normal does not have the correct magic - should be 6112237 rather than 112237 as you point out. Lot size on eurjpy are a bit odd in that both normal and reverse must have a lot size. So normal is 0.1 and 0.01 ; and Reverse is 0.01 and 0.1. This is a 3rd party EA modified with signal code.
The others look correct but i will double check tomorrow. Thanks for checking.

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #172 on: December 26, 2017, 04:46:17 AM »
Hi Andrew,

All the best
Pete

Hi Peter
On a quick check before the kids arrive, only the EURJPY Normal does not have the correct magic - should be 6112237 rather than 112237 as you point out. Lot size on eurjpy are a bit odd in that both normal and reverse must have a lot size. So normal is 0.1 and 0.01 ; and Reverse is 0.01 and 0.1. This is a 3rd party EA modified with signal code.
The others look correct but i will double check tomorrow. Thanks for checking.

Have taken another look. All lot sizes are fine. Perhaps you were looking at an .ex file, the Autotrader itself rather than the SET file. The Autotrader is set as a "blank" canvass.

But I did pick up some other ID# issues for the USDCHF collection.

All corrected SET files can be downloaded from here - http://www.fxautotraderelite.com/resources/  under SET Files and Notes.

The Controller communicates with the EA or TM via the ID# Input so always make sure (as I should have in this case!) that these match up correctly. And when you don't want to control an EA or TM, make sure that in that case the ID# Input is left blank.

Note also that when using the TM to manage via Symbol, that you use the exact same symbol description as it appears on your Market Watch window. The TM SET files provided are set for running on MT4s that use, eg EURUSD, rather than for instance EURUSD.pro  So please adjust as necessary remembering that these inputs are case sensitive.

Offline petermatt

« Reply #173 on: December 26, 2017, 07:36:39 PM »
Hi Andrew,
Thanks for the revised files which I have now installed and I'm up and running on each pair. I have noticed one anomoly in the Controller screen where the VFX London Breakout shows "PerformanceAverage Signal =" but this is not shown in either the EURUSD or USDCHF Controller screens (see attached).
Regards
Pete

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #174 on: December 26, 2017, 09:36:30 PM »
Hi Andrew,
Thanks for the revised files which I have now installed and I'm up and running on each pair. I have noticed one anomoly in the Controller screen where the VFX London Breakout shows "PerformanceAverage Signal =" but this is not shown in either the EURUSD or USDCHF Controller screens (see attached).
Regards
Pete
Hi Pete
Looks like the ID# Input on the VFX on that chart is not blank. Might have a 1 in it. If so, just delete whatever is there so that the Input is blank/empty. The Controller EA (ie the EA running on the Controller chart, or on the Controller platform if you are using two platforms) needs to run all the time so it must not be controlled. Having the ID# Input blank means that the control functionality is disabled.
(You should of course have the Performance Signal showing on the other two charts for each pair - Normal Entry and Reverse entry)

Offline petermatt

« Reply #175 on: December 26, 2017, 11:16:14 PM »
Hi Pete
Looks like the ID# Input on the VFX on that chart is not blank. Might have a 1 in it. If so, just delete whatever is there so that the Input is blank/empty. The Controller EA (ie the EA running on the Controller chart, or on the Controller platform if you are using two platforms) needs to run all the time so it must not be controlled. Having the ID# Input blank means that the control functionality is disabled.
(You should of course have the Performance Signal showing on the other two charts for each pair - Normal Entry and Reverse entry)

Hi Andrew
Thanks for your prompt reply.
I had my email address in the ID# Input field.  :-[  :-[. The "PerformanceAverage Signal = YES" is showing on the other 2 charts as it is with the other 2 currency pairs.  I have each of the pairs running on a separate platform but on the same Demo account. Now all that needs to happen is for a few trades to open.
Pete

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #176 on: December 26, 2017, 11:36:59 PM »
Hi Pete

Hi Andrew
Thanks for your prompt reply.
I had my email address in the ID# Input field.  :-[  :-[. The "PerformanceAverage Signal = YES" is showing on the other 2 charts as it is with the other 2 currency pairs.  I have each of the pairs running on a separate platform but on the same Demo account. Now all that needs to happen is for a few trades to open.
Pete

Good. Glad I am not the only one who sometimes gets careless.  :)

By way of general info, the Performance Signal is showing YES on the other two charts because TradeAtStart is set to True on the Controller with the SET files I have provided.
If you wanted to wait for 5 trades to be completed so that the MA, set to 5 in this case, can be calculated, and hence the controlling can begin, then you would set TradeAtStart to false. The PerformanceSignal would then signal NO (and no trades would be taken on those charts) for the first 5 trades taken by the Controller EA, and then either YES or NO as appropriate depending on whether Closed Profit/Loss (= Balance) was above or below its MA 5 on the Controller chart.

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #177 on: December 28, 2017, 04:02:04 AM »
Can you improve the performance of your EAs?

If you are currently running one or more EAs and wondering whether you could increase their return, then you can use the EA Controller and Trade Manager, along with the FX Blue Trade Copier, to test for that without changing anything in the way you are running the EAs now.

Just set up a second (demo) platform, and apply these tools in the way I will show you, linking it to the EAs trading on your live account, and over time you will see which platform performs better. The normal way you have been trading, or the way in which the Controller and TM moderate the action using both normal entry and reverse entry trades depending on the EA's performance/market conditions.

All for just $100 for a full year till end 2018. So plenty of time to get meaningful results.

Interested? Order now. Only $100 for a full year and at the end you get to keep one of two products for free

Order your Special Package here, but only until 24 December 2017 https://secure.avangate.com/order/checkout.php?PRODS=4721645&QTY=1&CART=1&CARD=2&DESIGN_TYPE=2

Please Note. This method does not work for marty/grid type EAs since the Controller operates on account Balance, not account Equity. As we all know marty/grid EAs always have positive balance curves UNTIL equity drops to zero and the account is wiped.

Video Instructions - Episode Two

In this second video, I demonstrate the use of the Controller in conjunction with the DIY Trade Manager Plus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTnVd7Wnjr4

This TM mode of operation is proving more profitable than the system version in which the Controller controls the EA directly by making use of the signal code of the Autotrader and VFX London Breakout EAs.

This TM version is also useful for when you are running your own or a third party EA which does not have the signal code.

In summary, the TM in this system of trading closes an unwanted trade at say 5 or 10 pip SL; and can also modify other aspects of the unwanted trade, eg with BE, TS or different TP level if you want to try that. (Remember that the purpose of this Special Package is to enable traders to experiment for a full year to see what system works best for their EAs.)

The previous video can be viewed here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7n2Ec8ZRZM

NOTE: You must use the Filter to set Start date to 14 Nov 2017. These are old accounts, reloaded to $10K, and these tests only started on 14 Nov 2017)

(Please note that I have added some extra strategies to these two account recently. I will be adding more and also setting up two other accounts. The whole purpose is to find which system works best on which EAs after say 3 or 6 months of trading and then select the best performers to run on a live account.)

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #178 on: December 29, 2017, 03:43:57 AM »
If you missed out

In response to several requests I have decided to keep the Special Package available for purchase.

Please note that the licence still only applies to 2018, so the later you buy it, the less time you will have to run the tests with any or all of these three trading products. But you will still have the same end of year options, namely:

1. Select either the trade manager or controller for a lifetime licence and pay nothing more; or
2. Select both the trade manager and the controller and pay just $50 for a lifetime licence for both; or
3. Select the Autotrader only and pay just $100 for a lifetime licence; or
4. Select all three trading tools, Autotrader, Trade Manager and Controller, and pay just $150 for a lifetime licence for all three; or
5. Do nothing, but hopefully having learned something from working with these unique trading tools.

You can purchase the licence for 2018 from here
https://secure.avangate.com/order/checkout.php?PRODS=4721645&QTY=1&CART=1&CARD=2

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #179 on: December 31, 2017, 06:39:04 AM »
VFX London BreakOut EURJPY

A main interest in this yearlong test of the DIY ForexSkills trading tools is to see whether the performance of EAs, any (non-marty/grid) EA that we might have in our collection, can be improved.

The VFX London Breakout EA (https://www.mql5.com/en/code/17465) that I have included in the Package is one such EA, specifically v1.3, available at Reply #97 in the mql5 thread.  I have found this EA with the Yen pair sets (as per SET file provided by the developer) does pretty well. Since the developer supplies the source code I modified it to incorporate the signal code for direct communication with Controller. So now I have v1.4 which is included in the Special Package.

VFX v1.4 (as does v1.3) has a reverse function of sorts.

When a breakout occurs, it takes that trade and then sets a reverse entry pending order at the SL value of the trade that was triggered. So if price reverses after breakout and keeps moving, you can lose on the first trade but gain back that loss and more from the reverse pending order.

Or, if Murphy interferes, you could lose twice if price whipsaws.   >:(

Anyway, in my trial, see EURJPY results in account links below, I have set lot sizes for this EA at 0.1 and 0.01 for the Normal version, and at 0.01 and 0.1 (ie the reverse) for the Reverse version of the EA. And that seems to work pretty well. Better with controller to TM than direct control.
The EA also has BE and TS function so there are lots of options for further optimisation. Experience to date suggests that BE and TS are best left unused. But maybe there are better combinations for lot sizing.

A more general/versatile version of the breakout EA is available at Reply #112 in the mql5 thread above, VFX Breakout 21. I have not tested that one yet.

Happy trading, and please do share results over the year if you are trading an EA with the Controller and Trade Manager. In my next video I will show the use of the Controller with the FX Blue Trade Copier to control copying (normal and inverse) depending on EA performance.

(Please note that I have added some extra strategies to these two account recently. I will be adding more and also setting up two other accounts. The whole purpose is to find which system works best on which EAs after say 3 or 6 months of trading and then select the best performers to run on a live account.)

You can purchase the licence for 2018 from here

browse forum

* Recent Posts

I am selling my original EA Fx Automater licenses by mauricejac
[Today at 08:02:28 PM]

Re: Forex Signals by Nuadaris
[Yesterday at 05:05:22 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by Humble Trader's Fx
[Yesterday at 03:08:11 PM]

Re: forex cyborg by ForexCyborg
[Yesterday at 01:35:26 PM]