collapse

Author Topic: Outsidethebox HK Signals & PAMM funds  (Read 111552 times)

Offline groper

Re: Outsidethebox HK Signals & PAMM funds
« Reply #465 on: March 01, 2019, 05:53:46 AM »
I will not engage in anything personal with OTB here anymore. I will stick strictly to facts and trading information only.

Its been another profitable week for the anti system, another 46 pips - has taken a few more pips for the week whilst OTB signal is more equity negative than this time last week despite many profitable scalps due to the significant floating DD and lots of positions in DD with expensive negative swap rates such as short UJ.
Below are the 2 equity summaries for the last 7 days of OTB zulu account, and my contrarian approach based off OTB signal.

The last screen shot is the progress so far - last 2 weeks (since inception) of the contrarian approach.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 05:59:52 AM by groper »

Online outsidetheboxhk

• PAMM Fund Manager and Trade Copy Provider
  • Learn from your mistakes and do not give up!
    • Signal Start
« Reply #466 on: March 02, 2019, 01:24:05 PM »
I will not engage in anything personal with OTB here anymore. I will stick strictly to facts and trading information only.

Its been another profitable week for the anti system, another 46 pips - has taken a few more pips for the week whilst OTB signal is more equity negative than this time last week despite many profitable scalps due to the significant floating DD and lots of positions in DD with expensive negative swap rates such as short UJ.
Below are the 2 equity summaries for the last 7 days of OTB zulu account, and my contrarian approach based off OTB signal.

You should show the backtest for this "strategy" over the whole history of the over 1100 trades.
Zulu doesn't even have the whole history of trades taken on this strategy since inception.  Their data is from Feb 2018 only.

You've shown 7 days during a period of drawdown, which has happened at least 10 times in the past 24 months, all to be expected in the long run journey of trading, just like even your very short equity curve proves.

Under 10% drawdown is acceptable, stated in the description of my management, and certainly manageable.
Within 4-6 weeks (historically speaking) likely to be at new equity highs if I am strict, accurate, and the market is predictable as it has been in the past with this strategy.
Funny thing too is that you only post these sorts of messages when I am suffering a drawdown.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 01:25:53 PM by outsidetheboxhk »
--------------------------------------------------
Copy or Invest in my Strategy

DARWINEX
PSYQUATION
ZuluTrade (2 compensation models)

SignalStart
SimpleTrader
MQL5 Zero Spread
----------------------------------------------------
Follow Outside the Box HK on

Instagram
TRADINGVIEW

Online outsidetheboxhk

• Signal Start
« Reply #467 on: March 06, 2019, 02:13:14 PM »
February Profits --

Low Risk:          7.53%
Medium Risk:   14.36%
High Risk:         26.96%

Total Pips:  4948

DARWINEX
PSYQUATION

SignalStart
SimpleTrader
MQL5 Zero Spread

Instagram
TRADINGVIEW

Online outsidetheboxhk

• Signal Start
Re: Medium Risk Reviews on MQL5
« Reply #468 on: March 11, 2019, 01:48:28 PM »
Medium Risk Reviews on MQL5

https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/470012#!tab=tab_reviews

irisheffey ([url=https://www.mql5.com/en/users/irisheffey]https://www.mql5.com/en/users/irisheffey[/url])
2019.01.30 02:30  (modified 2019.01.30 05:52) 

I had been following Greg and his accounts for 12 months prior to subscribing. I emailed Greg during that period prior to subscription to ask him bout his trading system. He was quick and thorough in his reply.

His system, has periods of heavy drawdown. This is part of the game in an average down system. He is currently primarily trading the AUDUSD pair as fundamentally, the Aussie is being weakened against the USD creating a prolonged downtrend. Greg then executes his system as opportunities occur on the charts. This indicates knows the risk and benefits of this type of system and only applies it to the best opportunities.

Greg is a highly professional and dedicated trader. I am very pleased with his services to date. To date, of all the signals I have subscribed to, Gregs signals are by far the most profitable. I have had two accounts subscribed to his signals continuously for 6 months now and I am happy to report one is over 50% ahead while the other is over 100% ahead.

I recommend this service if you are happy to accept higher drawdowns in return for higher profit.

DARWINEX
PSYQUATION

SignalStart
SimpleTrader
MQL5 Zero Spread

Instagram
TRADINGVIEW

Offline groper

« Reply #469 on: March 16, 2019, 12:20:59 AM »
Update on the contrarian system which trades in the opposite direction to OTBHK and attempts to catch profit from positions when OTB goes into deeper DD and attempts to stays out of the market whilst OTB takes profitable scalps, this is done via contrarian pending orders with an offset pip distance from OTB.
It has now been 1 month since inception running on a demo account, and It uses a 3:1 RRR on all trades, and never has any drawdown beyond the10pip SL on all positions.
Top image is the equity curve since inception ofo the contrarian approach 1 month ago.
Bottom image is the equity curve of OTBHK for the exact same period of time.

Offline 5ninefish

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #470 on: March 16, 2019, 01:34:28 AM »
Update on the contrarian system which trades in the opposite direction to OTBHK and attempts to catch profit from positions when OTB goes into deeper DD and attempts to stays out of the market whilst OTB takes profitable scalps, this is done via contrarian pending orders with an offset pip distance from OTB.
It has now been 1 month since inception running on a demo account, and It uses a 3:1 RRR on all trades, and never has any drawdown beyond the10pip SL on all positions.
Top image is the equity curve since inception ofo the contrarian approach 1 month ago.

Okay, I get it that you don't approve of this trader and his methods, but at this point I'm struggling to see what your objective is. Do you want him to stop trading? Do you want him to adopt your ideas instead from here on out? Do you just want him to go away and stop trading? Do you want him to apologize for his strategy? Seriously, what's your end goal? He obviously will continue doing what he's doing, and I'm wondering why that bothers you so much.

If you have a superior signal that you offer or that you follow somewhere, please post it. I will gladly throw some money at it like I have at many other signals. Thanks to profits from OutsidetheBox, I have a few extra grand to spend on stuff like that. Thing is, they all tanked at some point. I'm constantly testing signals and EAs. This is literally the ONLY signal that made me money last year. If you have a superior system or a way to optimize this system, post a verified account with some cash. If it's legit, I'll back your play, too. Maybe we'll get rich together. All I care about is making money. Criticism and critiquing is helpful and necessary, but that's all there is here. I have repeatedly asked for people to come forward with a better strategy I can throw money at because I legit want to know. If there's so much disapproval over OTB, then at least some of you out there MUST be hoarding some secret system that is making you buckets of cash. Over the last year, 1 guy actually did reply to my open request with a "better" system. I tracked it, and it tanked in 2 months.

If you were following this signal and lost money, I feel your pain. I really do. I was following the high risk signal, too. I was also on a sustained losing streak in the first few months of following his flagship low-risk signal (see my chart below). You know what I did? I PM'd Greg. I didn't air my laundry in the forum. I voiced my concerns and disappointment, and he actually replied swiftly with great advice and in great detail. I took his advice and rearranged things a little, and now I'm sitting here over a year later with a comfortable profit margin. As far as providers go, he has always been top notch in communication and far more accommodating than I probably deserve in PRIVATE CORRESPONDENCE. He even reimbursed money to me - taking a loss - due to a complete error in billing on my part.

He's definitely not perfect; he's human. At this point, I've found that the best thing for me is to only check this signal once a week or so. It tends to carry a drawdown, it always comes out, and I'm taking a spontaneous vacation next month because it banked me some profits. Since we're all about posting charts now, here's mine. If you have a signal better than this, please share. I am not kidding when I say I am always open to new ideas and opportunities.

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #471 on: March 16, 2019, 02:24:39 AM »
hello 5ninefish

That was a refreshing statement.

Next month we are planning to open Nexus signal to subscribers

Quite a different approach to OTB - no grid, no scalping. So would be a complementary investment. I don't want to say more since this is the OTB thread.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 01:58:09 PM by Humble Trader's Fx »
Information and product page - http://www.diyforexskills.com/forex-tools/

Online outsidetheboxhk

• Signal Start
« Reply #472 on: March 16, 2019, 03:51:57 AM »
Update on the contrarian system ..... blah blah blah

Thanks 5NineFish
Let the poop-slingers sling.
Let the naysayers flap their gums with abundant diarrhea of unrelenting malice.
I make mistakes, I learn, I improve. I then make bigger mistakes, I make bigger improvements and I grow even more....You'll always make mistakes and bad decisions, but you must keep learning growing and improving. If you aren't making mistakes, you aren't getting better.
When I starting taking action on my dreams according to the talent God has given me and just focus on myself, then something awesome started to grow.  And it's not gonna stop.
You will fall down at some point, that's a fact.The only thing that matters is you keep going and never ever give up. Winners never quit, and quitters never win.
Your word means nothing. It's action that really matters.
Isn't it funny that the people who say that something can't be done or that it's not possible or it isn't a good idea are the same people who couldn't do it themselves and quit on it ? Never listen to someone who quit on their goals and dreams, They threw in the towel and QUIT !!! Surround yourself with people on the same path or those that have already walked that path before.

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/diarrhea-of-the-mouth

diarrhea of the mouth. used to describe someone who uses foul/rude or unacceptable words during the entire conversation AS the entire conversation.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Diarrhea%20of%20the%20Mouth

A person, who usually isn't very intelligent, who will not shut up. It's typically a cover for their own inferiority.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 03:55:24 AM by outsidetheboxhk »

DARWINEX
PSYQUATION

SignalStart
SimpleTrader
MQL5 Zero Spread

Instagram
TRADINGVIEW

Offline 5ninefish

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #473 on: March 16, 2019, 05:53:55 AM »
hello 5ninefish

That was a refreshing statement.

Next month we are planning to open Nexus signal to subscribers -

Quite a different approach to OTB - no grid, no scalping. So would be a complementary investment. I don't want to say more since this is the OTB thread.

Oh DIY, I am a big fan and 'secret' admirer of your work. Your contributions are vast and valuable, though some of it is beyond me. I am trying to catch up, though. And I look forward to seeing what you have developing for the future!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 01:58:41 PM by Humble Trader's Fx »

Offline groper

« Reply #474 on: March 16, 2019, 08:37:05 AM »

Okay, I get it that you don't approve of this trader and his methods, but at this point I'm struggling to see what your objective is. Do you want him to stop trading? Do you want him to adopt your ideas instead from here on out? Do you just want him to go away and stop trading? Do you want him to apologize for his strategy? Seriously, what's your end goal? He obviously will continue doing what he's doing, and I'm wondering why that bothers you so much.

If you have a superior signal that you offer or that you follow somewhere, please post it. I will gladly throw some money at it like I have at many other signals. Thanks to profits from OutsidetheBox, I have a few extra grand to spend on stuff like that. Thing is, they all tanked at some point. I'm constantly testing signals and EAs. This is literally the ONLY signal that made me money last year. If you have a superior system or a way to optimize this system, post a verified account with some cash. If it's legit, I'll back your play, too. Maybe we'll get rich together. All I care about is making money. Criticism and critiquing is helpful and necessary, but that's all there is here. I have repeatedly asked for people to come forward with a better strategy I can throw money at because I legit want to know. If there's so much disapproval over OTB, then at least some of you out there MUST be hoarding some secret system that is making you buckets of cash. Over the last year, 1 guy actually did reply to my open request with a "better" system. I tracked it, and it tanked in 2 months.

If you were following this signal and lost money, I feel your pain. I really do. I was following the high risk signal, too. I was also on a sustained losing streak in the first few months of following his flagship low-risk signal (see my chart below). You know what I did? I PM'd Greg. I didn't air my laundry in the forum. I voiced my concerns and disappointment, and he actually replied swiftly with great advice and in great detail. I took his advice and rearranged things a little, and now I'm sitting here over a year later with a comfortable profit margin. As far as providers go, he has always been top notch in communication and far more accommodating than I probably deserve in PRIVATE CORRESPONDENCE. He even reimbursed money to me - taking a loss - due to a complete error in billing on my part.

He's definitely not perfect; he's human. At this point, I've found that the best thing for me is to only check this signal once a week or so. It tends to carry a drawdown, it always comes out, and I'm taking a spontaneous vacation next month because it banked me some profits. Since we're all about posting charts now, here's mine. If you have a signal better than this, please share. I am not kidding when I say I am always open to new ideas and opportunities.

Im not here for any other reason other than to offer some balance to the claims made by signal providers-  in this case OTBHK. There are far too many bad signal providers on the net and its unfortunate so many innocent investors loose money to them.

Since we are not to delve into anything personal or discuss other topics that do not pertain to OTBHK in this thread - i wont go there.

What i would like to discuss - is why OTBHK is hell bent on taking short UJ positions? these have been the source of 90% of the profits of the contrarian strategy and also the majority of DD of OTBHK since the beginning of this year. I cannot work out why OTBHK is trading short UJ when the trend is clearly rising for many weeks now, and holding those positions in DD is costing most investors circa 7 pips per position, per week, in swap. It should have been obvious to abandon the shorting of UJ many weeks ago and OTBHK would be far more profitable by simply not trading UJ at all - nevermind trading it against a clear and strong trend which is backed by fundamentals, and continuing to short it to this day... its absolutely mind boggling.

So whilst we are here discussing this signal - OTBHK - can you explain to your investors why your so strongly biased toward selling UJ? Any reasoning behind it?
Attched 4H chart since beginning of the year;

« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 08:57:03 AM by groper »

Online petersurrey

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #475 on: March 16, 2019, 11:09:59 AM »
Myself and presumably many others think this debate needs a seperate thread  - it has been going on far too long, and clearly both side are so entrenched nothing is going to change their views. Yes, by all means raise concerns, but not the extent that it swamps the thread. Clearly there are those who make money with OTHK looking at the various funds he manages, and are happy with the service  - those that are not should simply move on. There are far worse providers than this and the darwinex and other broker metrics give you a clear idea of the risks you take on with his system.

Offline Humble Trader's Fx

• Global Moderator
« Reply #476 on: March 16, 2019, 01:35:43 PM »
Myself and presumably many others think this debate needs a seperate thread  - it has been going on far too long, and clearly both side are so entrenched nothing is going to change their views. Yes, by all means raise concerns, but not the extent that it swamps the thread. Clearly there are those who make money with OTHK looking at the various funds he manages, and are happy with the service  - those that are not should simply move on. There are far worse providers than this and the darwinex and other broker metrics give you a clear idea of the risks you take on with his system.

I think, petersurrey, makes a valid point. Groper, I have reviewed your 31 posts to this forum and 100% are directed at OTB. There must be a point where all of us are tired of his; there is nothing new or substantive to be had. May I suggest we open a thread as petersurrey, notes, so that you can share your revised trading system(s) and how it/they might help us to trade better. Please let us know what you want your thread to be called?

Regards,
HumbleTrader

We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Offline 5ninefish

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #477 on: March 16, 2019, 06:01:42 PM »

Fully agree. I was hoping that my comment about private correspondence would encourage Groper to air his grievances through direct communication with the signal provider.

Online outsidetheboxhk

• Signal Start
« Reply #478 on: March 22, 2019, 03:22:17 PM »

Update on the contrarian system which trades in the opposite direction to OTBHK
Top image is the equity curve since inception of the contrarian approach 1 month ago.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What i would like to discuss - is why OTBHK is hell bent on taking short UJ positions? these have been the source of 90% of the profits of the contrarian strategy and also the majority of DD of OTBHK since the beginning of this year. I cannot work out why OTBHK is trading short UJ when the trend is clearly rising for many weeks now, and holding those positions in DD is costing most investors circa 7 pips per position, per week, in swap. It should have been obvious to abandon the shorting of UJ many weeks ago and OTBHK would be far more profitable by simply not trading UJ at all ... its absolutely mind boggling.

So whilst we are here discussing this signal - OTBHK - can you explain to your investors why your so strongly biased toward selling UJ? Any reasoning behind it?
Attched 4H chart since beginning of the year;

How is your counter-OTB contrarian strategy going?

Now do you recognize the pent up accumulation of sellers?... USD down Risk down is the new paradigm and began to be apparent even in January.  There will always be those who choose to voice their dissent in a hurtful and inconsiderate way.
As always though I trudge on to greater and greater profits and success in my well planned trading career.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 03:42:30 PM by outsidetheboxhk »

DARWINEX
PSYQUATION

SignalStart
SimpleTrader
MQL5 Zero Spread

Instagram
TRADINGVIEW

Offline primi

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #479 on: March 22, 2019, 05:02:54 PM »
Are you now encouraging him to come back and keep us up to date with what he's doing? Next time you're in a pickle just don't come here crying and screaming and asking for moderation. Not sure you thought this through properly.

browse forum