collapse

Author Topic: Outsidethebox HK Signals & PAMM funds  (Read 103379 times)

Offline outsidetheboxhk

• PAMM Fund Manager and Trade Copy Provider
  • Learn from your mistakes and do not give up!
    • Signal Start
Re: Outsidethebox HK Signals & PAMM funds
« Reply #540 on: April 11, 2019, 04:15:56 PM »
Does anyone know what the max allowed DD is? I know its probably doesnt even matter since this guy doesnt respect any rules but did he ever set an equity stop or something similar?

See behavior over 26 months of track record.

--------------------------------------------------
Copy or Invest in my Strategy

DARWINEX
PSYQUATION
ZuluTrade (2 compensation models)

SignalStart
SimpleTrader
MQL5 Zero Spread
----------------------------------------------------
Follow Outside the Box HK on

Instagram
TRADINGVIEW

Offline outsidetheboxhk

• Signal Start
« Reply #541 on: April 11, 2019, 04:22:56 PM »
Does anyone know what the max allowed DD is? I know its probably doesnt even matter since this guy doesnt respect any rules but did he ever set an equity stop or something similar?

See behavior over 26 months of track record.  See how DD related to periods of Profit / Gain.
Currently open DD stands at 15% and booked profit over last 5 weeks stands at 18.75%.
these are low risk stats and remember this is a relatively "bad" time for this strategy.

Every "rule" and guideline must be viewed in the light of the market at each important moment when it arises.
This means that unfortunately DD might surpass the long-term average between 10 and 26% but over the long run it will not AND ..... this is the rest of the story that makes my strategies profitable and have edge..... the Gain is more than the PAIN..... if you endure the periods of DD. 

« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 06:54:43 PM by outsidetheboxhk »

DARWINEX
PSYQUATION

SignalStart
SimpleTrader
MQL5 Zero Spread

Instagram
TRADINGVIEW

Offline nick3232

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #542 on: April 11, 2019, 04:56:17 PM »
i think you should reduce the risk as no more than 20% max dd

would feel more confortable overall ...simple opinion but nice trading though

Offline SJWkiller

« Reply #543 on: April 11, 2019, 05:10:33 PM »

See behavior over 26 months of track record.

Myfxbook is useless when it comes to DD. Darwinex is showing a 67% DD which is much more in line with what I am seeing from your trading. Your myfxbook account connected to Darwinex mt4 shows 50% DD. Why did you use myfxbook DD and not Darwinex? And are you planning to keep the trades open until they kill the account if they keep going against you? I am asking because you never respect anything you say and you keep breaking your word all the time and it will cost subscribers a lot of money at some point.

Online Nasdaq100

« Reply #544 on: April 12, 2019, 09:08:45 AM »
At this point - especially after all what has been written on this thread about this trader - anyone who gets
his account blown up by this trader, does truly deserve it!

Online Phynicle

« Reply #545 on: April 12, 2019, 11:16:06 AM »
Agree with the existing comments some idea on what is planned for the draw down. I got two contracts opened because my broker opens at at a minimum 1 contract and the Dow just keeps exploding higher and higher. We're at 700 points from breakeven

Offline namrfigk

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #546 on: April 12, 2019, 12:29:41 PM »
At this point - especially after all what has been written on this thread about this trader - anyone who gets
his account blown up by this trader, does truly deserve it!

And UP the dow goes, longing it now!

Offline groper

« Reply #547 on: April 14, 2019, 06:39:59 AM »
i tried to point out some of the misgivings of OTBHK signal earlier in the thread and even tried to demonstrate that more money could be made by trading contrarian to his positions - which incidentally ended in profit before the demo account expired - this is why i did not update you all on this prior btw... that, and i also simply lost interest in what OTBHK was doing... just thought id stop by and have a look at what has happened since then :)

However for those that are still following - please be careful and think twice before following this signal.

Yet another problem that OTBHK behavior has caused for his investors recently was trading in exotics. Whilst his broker may have been ok - many of his investors had brokers with really poor spreads on USDZAR and USDTRY - this caused substantial losses to his investors around the Turkish lira crisis despite his positions closing in profit. Its just irresponsible for a signal provider opening positions like this on exotic pairs when you KNOW you have a following of people any of whom are likely to have wild spreads at times like that as the turkish authorities placed restrictions on the lira... None of this can be seen by checking a myfxbook history etc - Due to the nature of how this worked with spreads - these losses are invisible losses incurred by some of his investors. He should have advised his followers that he intended to trade exotics so that they could have had the opportunity to limit , or at least reassess, the risks with trading exotics...

It doesnt matter what you say, OTBHK will always have something to say about how great his trading is and basically that its your own fault if you loose money following his signal. Of course thats what anyone would say to protect the revenue they earn from naive followers!
Any trader that allows a signal account to blow up - regardless of the risk specified - is completely irresponsible and not worth following at any risk!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 07:20:19 AM by groper »

Offline outsidetheboxhk

• Signal Start
« Reply #548 on: April 14, 2019, 04:58:33 PM »
It's really a matter of STAYING INVESTED for at least 12 months, like real fund investors normally do.
It's really a matter of learning when to ADD to your investments in systems that are profitable over more than 2 to 3 years.
It's really a matter of calculating GAIN (overall) to PAIN (average max drawdown over 1 year) and how much profit a system / strategy has generated if the investor follows the system as advised by the manager and only adds to investment.

I hear all that is being said, but I am the captain of this ship, and I have been here many times before.
Recovery happens relatively quickly and the losers have always (up to this point) have been those who allow their fear / emotion to cause them to cut investments during a significant drawdown and then to not re-invest.

Exactly what happened to my brother in Nov 2008 ---- ouch -- now the S&P 500 is 3x higher -- 10 years later.

DARWINEX
PSYQUATION

SignalStart
SimpleTrader
MQL5 Zero Spread

Instagram
TRADINGVIEW

Offline fxtyrant

« Reply #549 on: April 16, 2019, 04:28:16 AM »
It's really a matter of STAYING INVESTED for at least 12 months, like real fund investors normally do.
It's really a matter of learning when to ADD to your investments in systems that are profitable over more than 2 to 3 years.
It's really a matter of calculating GAIN (overall) to PAIN (average max drawdown over 1 year) and how much profit a system / strategy has generated if the investor follows the system as advised by the manager and only adds to investment.

I hear all that is being said, but I am the captain of this ship, and I have been here many times before.
Recovery happens relatively quickly and the losers have always (up to this point) have been those who allow their fear / emotion to cause them to cut investments during a significant drawdown and then to not re-invest.

Exactly what happened to my brother in Nov 2008 ---- ouch -- now the S&P 500 is 3x higher -- 10 years later.

We're with you Greg

Offline 5ninefish

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #550 on: April 16, 2019, 07:33:18 AM »
I agree - long term outlook and profit withdrawals work best with this system. I check it every other week or so.

My beginning numbers are somewhat worse than they could have been due to some messed up risk management on my part and also some unfortunate manual trades.

Online alaali

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #551 on: April 16, 2019, 08:37:56 AM »
Do you know why otb mfxbook account is not updating from 21 hours?
https://www.myfxbook.com/members/OutsideTheBoxHK/outside-box-mt-cook-master/2206347

Online Phynicle

« Reply #552 on: April 16, 2019, 08:47:59 AM »
Dows exploding upwards again
Taking me back to 30% draw down again even after I took a 15% loss closing one of the dows last week
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 08:51:16 AM by Phynicle »

Offline fxtyrant

« Reply #553 on: April 16, 2019, 08:49:26 AM »
Do you know why otb mfxbook account is not updating from 21 hours?
https://www.myfxbook.com/members/OutsideTheBoxHK/outside-box-mt-cook-master/2206347
Its quite possible hes away and hasnt got his MT4 open to provide update to myfxbook.
but rest assured he has his eyes on the account as well as the trades.

Offline fxtyrant

« Reply #554 on: April 16, 2019, 08:54:24 AM »
Dows exploding upwards again
Taking me back to 30% draw down again even after I took a 15% loss closing one of the dows last week
it sounds like your risk factor is deviating from OTB...

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Pegasus FX by nwboater
[Today at 01:59:30 AM]

Re: Pegasus FX by Pegasus FX
[Today at 01:31:24 AM]

Re: Outsidethebox HK Signals & PAMM funds by reinerh
[Yesterday at 05:48:27 PM]

Re: Outsidethebox HK Signals & PAMM funds by fxtyrant
[Yesterday at 04:10:22 PM]

Re: Outsidethebox HK Signals & PAMM funds by Nasdaq100
[Yesterday at 03:44:18 PM]