collapse

Author Topic: Outsidethebox HK Signals & PAMM funds  (Read 115455 times)

Offline namrfigk

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
Re: Outsidethebox HK Signals & PAMM funds
« Reply #555 on: April 16, 2019, 09:09:11 AM »
Dows exploding upwards again
Taking me back to 30% draw down again even after I took a 15% loss closing one of the dows last week

you should long it to hedge your shorts

Offline Nasdaq100

« Reply #556 on: April 16, 2019, 09:13:46 AM »
Taking me back to 30% draw down again even after I took a 15% loss closing one of the dows last week

you should long it to hedge your shorts

Why hedge?
Hedging is exactly the same as closing a position. The only difference is, you pay additional spreads and swaps when hedging.

Online SJWkiller

« Reply #557 on: April 16, 2019, 09:54:19 AM »
Do you know why otb mfxbook account is not updating from 21 hours?
https://www.myfxbook.com/members/OutsideTheBoxHK/outside-box-mt-cook-master/2206347
Its quite possible hes away and hasnt got his MT4 open to provide update to myfxbook.
but rest assured he has his eyes on the account as well as the trades.

Dont be naive. He is holding and hoping at this point. He is all-in on this and if it works out then good but if it doesnt, you can expect a margin call. Even if he gets lucky and it works out, this will keep happening over and over again. Thats just how this strategy works and I am surprised that people still keep falling for this amateur. I guess shoving the system in everyones face on every forum all the time has an effect on certain people, even though its very, very bad.

Offline fxtyrant

« Reply #558 on: April 16, 2019, 10:13:32 AM »
https://www.myfxbook.com/members/OutsideTheBoxHK/outside-box-mt-cook-master/2206347
Its quite possible hes away and hasnt got his MT4 open to provide update to myfxbook.

Dont be naive. He is holding and hoping at this point. He is all-in on this and if it works out then good but if it doesnt, you can expect a margin call. Even if he gets lucky and it works out, this will keep happening over and over again. Thats just how this strategy works and I am surprised that people still keep falling for this amateur. I guess shoving the system in everyones face on every forum all the time has an effect on certain people, even though its very, very bad.

Thing about OTB is that hes never really all in on any position and hes got adequate available margin to trade his way out of this. besides, the dow is in dire need of a correction. the next earnings season coming out for the Quarter end of Q1 is going to be ugly.... Q1 has typically been a bad quarter but i wouldnt be surprised if trade disputes is going to cause a big miss in earnings. think about it.... Fed abruptly stopped hiking for a reason.

Bunds are flying this morning, risk off sentiments about to poke its head out...

16-Apr-2019 17:13:28 - SEVERAL ECB POLICYMAKERS DOUBT PROJECTIONS FOR GROWTH REBOUND IN H2, SOME EVEN QUESTION ACCURACY OF FORECASTING MODELS: SOURCES
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 10:19:32 AM by fxtyrant »

Online SJWkiller

« Reply #559 on: April 16, 2019, 12:40:11 PM »

Thing about OTB is that hes never really all in on any position and hes got adequate available margin to trade his way out of this. besides, the dow is in dire need of a correction. the next earnings season coming out for the Quarter end of Q1 is going to be ugly.... Q1 has typically been a bad quarter but i wouldnt be surprised if trade disputes is going to cause a big miss in earnings. think about it.... Fed abruptly stopped hiking for a reason.

Bunds are flying this morning, risk off sentiments about to poke its head out...

16-Apr-2019 17:13:28 - SEVERAL ECB POLICYMAKERS DOUBT PROJECTIONS FOR GROWTH REBOUND IN H2, SOME EVEN QUESTION ACCURACY OF FORECASTING MODELS: SOURCES

You are missing the point. Its not about his reasoning for trades, its about how he is not able to manage the risk and consistently gets in these DDs. Do you really think he will get lucky every time this happens? His strategy is one of holding and hoping. Thats why his stats are so bad and he keeps blowing accounts left and right. I really cant understand how you can defend a strategy like this, its obvious the guy is a blowhard who got lucky a few times. A snake oil salesman and as always the idiots fall for it.

Offline nick3232

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #560 on: April 16, 2019, 01:51:58 PM »

i think when it reaches 100% retracement ( fibo soon) it will corrects again so going down soon and moving sideways for the next 3 months or so ,there will be good opportunties for manual traders looming away

Offline fxtyrant

« Reply #561 on: April 16, 2019, 02:56:07 PM »

You are missing the point. Its not about his reasoning for trades, its about how he is not able to manage the risk and consistently gets in these DDs. Do you really think he will get lucky every time this happens? His strategy is one of holding and hoping. Thats why his stats are so bad and he keeps blowing accounts left and right. I really cant understand how you can defend a strategy like this, its obvious the guy is a blowhard who got lucky a few times. A snake oil salesman and as always the idiots fall for it.

Im sorry but only thing that i see in his track record and consistency is albeit him getting into drawdowns of this magnitude, hes always more than made up for it and then some. So as long as you replicated his trades to the specifications advised youd be fine

Smarter investors would look at his track record and see hes managed 30% dd before so no surprises there

When he has escaped drawdown period this consistently, one has got to consider the fact its not just sheet luck.

Ill give it to you that his trade entries are a bit crude and often time a little too early, doesnt make him wrong.

Maybe try to remove your emotions and be objevtive with your views

Online SJWkiller

« Reply #562 on: April 16, 2019, 03:52:58 PM »

Im sorry but only thing that i see in his track record and consistency is albeit him getting into drawdowns of this magnitude, hes always more than made up for it and then some. So as long as you replicated his trades to the specifications advised youd be fine

Smarter investors would look at his track record and see hes managed 30% dd before so no surprises there

When he has escaped drawdown period this consistently, one has got to consider the fact its not just sheet luck.

Ill give it to you that his trade entries are a bit crude and often time a little too early, doesnt make him wrong.

Maybe try to remove your emotions and be objevtive with your views

I am not invested with this guy and never have been so I dont have any emotions about it. I only comment on what I see and if you think this is sustainable, then you are mistaken. His max DD is over 30% and he is making less than 4% per month. And who knows what his equity stop is. Nobody can know that because he keeps changing the rules as he goes. So its possible he is risking 100% to make 4% monthly. Just because he got lucky a few times and the price came back, doesnt make him a good trader. You also keep glossing over all the blown accounts he has had recently. Is that fine with you as well?

I will not argue about this with you anymore but I suggest you do some research on how trading should be conducted. This is very amateurish and he knows it. Thats why he is quiet and doesnt want to come on here to respond. He will only start bragging again when/if he gets out of this mess. Then we will have to read him singing praises to himself again until the next DD. There is a good reason why people are complaining about him on all forums.

And one more thing. Smarter would have never invested with him as there are plenty of much better options out there. I guess you did invest and thats why you still think it was a smart decision  ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 03:55:09 PM by SJWkiller »

Offline fxtyrant

« Reply #563 on: April 16, 2019, 05:04:52 PM »
Well, i have been invested with OTB since the very start, have withdrawn my capital ive invested so im pretty much risk free at this point. I actually know the person in real here in Hong Kong, and I can tell you he has folks in the industry advising him.

So let me try to address some issues
1. Lets address the drawdown issue, when it comes to investong or starting a business, a typical business take 2-3 years to get to the break even point and if you cant grow 20% year on year at the early stages then your internal rate of return doesnt make sense to invest in the first place

2.This is an investment and one should look it at that. Yes he has been on 30% drawdown runs? But this most recent drawdown run is due to the fact he started to trade the dow so for him to trade such an instrument to still stay within the max drawdown limit he has had in his track record from trading currencies, hes doing fine for now

3. I see lots of people in here complaining about trade copying him and when OTB started to trade usdzar and usdtry, some people got burnt. Ill give them that, but OTB isnt the only one to be blamed... a. Trade copiers are to be blamed for not managing the symbols traded, b. Signal copiers need not complain about crazy spreads and slippages, if you lost money on usdzar and usdtry trades when it should be in green then blame urself for having a shitty broker, learn your lesson and move on to a better broker, OTB does provide managed account service witha broker thats not shady as most retail brokers out their thatll slip you 100 pips on usdtry or

4. Reading a little bit more, looks to me most people complaining have been someone who thinks they know better by buying into the signal copy subscription and not bother to maintain the copiers on their end or heck even researched enough on which brokers they should be using, and the. They come here whining about how unfair things are for them, if they wanted the hassle free opportunity they shouldve just went for the managed account option. But then again most folks here are cheap ass anyways... why pay 30% performance fee when you can get the same for 79 usd a month, right? Well you get what you paid for..... and being lazy has a price to pay, either pay for the losses your brokers causing you on slippage and spreads, or pay for the hassle free performance fee

5. Its easy for you to stay on the fence making these feedback when your comments arent exactly value add...

I leave it at that, not going to argue further or waste anymore time on this

PS. Spare me about my typos, i know Ive got loads on this post, but you try typing something quick on your mobile.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 05:10:25 PM by fxtyrant »

Offline user456

« Reply #564 on: April 16, 2019, 06:12:43 PM »
This is getting funny. I mean obviously, that guy is just a seller and not a trader. He is shoveling his trading signals into everyone's face at every opportunity. Flavored with a good portion of arrogance and garnished with some know-it-all wisdom.

Just take a look at the trading metrics of his systems. 94% winning trades. Seriously? It's obvious that this is hold and pray trading. Clearly, those strategies sell best. Somehow many people have the impression it's mandatory to have a straight balance curve and high winning percentage to be a good trader.
Accounts disconnected from myfxbook? Coincidence? More likely he wants to save his stats and will only reconnect once (if) he recovered. Knowingly trading exotics like try/usd with accounts created for signal copying is totally reckless. Same goes for the Dow contracts. Many brokers only allow full lots on those. Impossible to manage risk that way. So he is either ignorant or reckless.

First I thought this fxtyrant guy was an awesome level ... unfortunately, he seems to be for real
knowing that nickname from forexfactory, surely those two are a kindred spirit,  ;D
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 06:14:17 PM by user456 »

Online SJWkiller

« Reply #565 on: April 17, 2019, 12:07:20 AM »
Well, i have been invested with OTB since the very start, have withdrawn my capital ive invested so im pretty much risk free at this point. I actually know the person in real here in Hong Kong, and I can tell you he has folks in the industry advising him.

So let me try to address some issues
1. Lets address the drawdown issue, when it comes to investong or starting a business, a typical business take 2-3 years to get to the break even point and if you cant grow 20% year on year at the early stages then your internal rate of return doesnt make sense to invest in the first place

2.This is an investment and one should look it at that. Yes he has been on 30% drawdown runs? But this most recent drawdown run is due to the fact he started to trade the dow so for him to trade such an instrument to still stay within the max drawdown limit he has had in his track record from trading currencies, hes doing fine for now

3. I see lots of people in here complaining about trade copying him and when OTB started to trade usdzar and usdtry, some people got burnt. Ill give them that, but OTB isnt the only one to be blamed... a. Trade copiers are to be blamed for not managing the symbols traded, b. Signal copiers need not complain about crazy spreads and slippages, if you lost money on usdzar and usdtry trades when it should be in green then blame urself for having a shitty broker, learn your lesson and move on to a better broker, OTB does provide managed account service witha broker thats not shady as most retail brokers out their thatll slip you 100 pips on usdtry or

4. Reading a little bit more, looks to me most people complaining have been someone who thinks they know better by buying into the signal copy subscription and not bother to maintain the copiers on their end or heck even researched enough on which brokers they should be using, and the. They come here whining about how unfair things are for them, if they wanted the hassle free opportunity they shouldve just went for the managed account option. But then again most folks here are cheap ass anyways... why pay 30% performance fee when you can get the same for 79 usd a month, right? Well you get what you paid for..... and being lazy has a price to pay, either pay for the losses your brokers causing you on slippage and spreads, or pay for the hassle free performance fee

5. Its easy for you to stay on the fence making these feedback when your comments arent exactly value add...

I leave it at that, not going to argue further or waste anymore time on this

PS. Spare me about my typos, i know Ive got loads on this post, but you try typing something quick on your mobile.

1. His max historical DD was actually 62% as Darwinex shows. Myfxbook DD is not reliable as it can easily be manipulated. Can you explain that discrepancy? And why are all his accounts disconnected? I can tell you why. He is manipulating the DD just like he did before. And again you just dismissed his multiple blown accounts. Thats the 3rd time you did that so you are apparently willing to give him a pass on that.

2. Whats his max DD limit? Is it 65%? I mean the historical max DD has been 62% so the max limit should be at least 65% until he crosses it and sets a new limit of a margin call  ;D

3. Its true that as a signal provider he is only responsible for his own account. But on the other hand he should at least be considerate to his subs and give them a heads up when he starts changing his strategy by trading pairs he never traded before. They signed up for one thing but are getting something else.  He seems to not care about that and runs from responsibility. Its everyone elses fault but his every single time.

4.  I did not complain about any of that, I am of the same opinion as you on this issue. People are cheap, they rather sub to signals and get burned. Thats a given.

5. Just because I am not invested with this guy means I shouldnt comment on someone pushing his bull****? Thats some world class logic right there. Next you are going to tell me that I am not able to tell if I like a dish or not because I am not a professional cheff.

Also your defense of him should be dissregarded because you know the guy personally. You are biased and thats why you keep defending him.

If he has folks in the industry advising him to missmanage the risks and trading assets he knows nothing about then its actually sad. I wouldnt use that as a selling point.

And one last thing. Why is he keeping quiet? He is on 10 different forums bragging about his various funds, institutional accounts, big investors, profits etc. when things are going well and his accounts are not in the toilet. But in the last few days he disconnected the accounts and is not active anywhere. Why do you think that is? He just doesnt have time to drop a line here? He is too busy all of the sudden?

The whole thing is laughable and every one who has half a brain knows whats going to happen eventually. It might even happen this time around. It surely doesnt look very good...

« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 12:08:53 AM by SJWkiller »

Offline Nasdaq100

« Reply #566 on: April 17, 2019, 05:17:13 AM »
I dont think mr. Outofthebox is silent. He is just logging in under different
Usernames for now to defend him self.

Fxtyrant is one of the usernames

1) he said he has invested from the beginning of the equity curve, so he put his money before even seeing the perfect straight equity curve. (Yeah right!)

2) complete disregard of the actual max drawdown value. (This is exactly what mr. outofbox does)

3) he says if you have not invested in the system you should not comment. (Exactly what mr. Outofbox says).

4) the username only made a few posts on this forum. Specifically on this thread.

Its ridiculously obvious and this happened with many scam vendors in the past where they sometimes got busted ;)

Offline DamBuster

• Global Moderator
  • Trade long and prosper, earthlings... ;-)
« Reply #567 on: April 17, 2019, 05:45:36 AM »
I dont think mr. Outofthebox is silent. He is just logging in under different
Usernames for now to defend him self.

Fxtyrant is one of the usernames

This is being investigated and action will be taken if proved right

Offline outsidetheboxhk

• PAMM Fund Manager and Trade Copy Provider
  • Learn from your mistakes and do not give up!
    • Signal Start
« Reply #568 on: April 17, 2019, 06:30:19 AM »
You guys are wrong.
And I choose silence and work and travel and real life over talk and bashing and criticism with no productivity.
I will chime in when necessary.
Fxtyrant works for finance industry here in HK. I have my own Ltd company and am sole director.
Does this help anything?
Does it satiate your appetite to mythbust?
Does it help you find a sacred golden goose?
The natives are always restless. Quiet people are much much better, wiser and more productive in my experience.

Sent from my SM-G6100 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 06:34:56 AM by outsidetheboxhk »
--------------------------------------------------
Copy or Invest in my Strategy

DARWINEX
PSYQUATION
ZuluTrade (2 compensation models)

SignalStart
SimpleTrader
MQL5 Zero Spread
----------------------------------------------------
Follow Outside the Box HK on

Instagram
TRADINGVIEW

Online petersurrey

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #569 on: April 17, 2019, 07:34:05 AM »
Lessons to be learnt:

99%+ of all signal providers are just fancy marketing schemes, with clever forex jargon used to lure in the unwary..why would they offer signals if they could keep all the profit themselves..

Leverage is the REAL killer -  OTB results at 10% published look a lot better...a trader should be able to trade at 1:1 and still make a decent income from a 10K account IF he is any good.

All investors should accept responsibility for their actions, and not delegate huge amounts to reckless traders - whatever they promise. Set maximum risk % per account and stick to it using equity protect bots which are freely available.

Greed and huge short term returns can cloud our judgment as to what risk is being used with each trade.

Sorry for those with losses and it is very easy as an outsider to preach what many already know...

« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 08:24:41 AM by petersurrey »

browse forum