collapse

Author Topic: Outsidethebox HK Signals & PAMM funds  (Read 129397 times)

Online primi

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
Re: Outsidethebox HK Signals & PAMM funds
« Reply #1035 on: July 11, 2019, 06:56:11 PM »
Unsurprisingly DD exceeded 12% and nothing was done about it.

Offline Manelos

« Reply #1036 on: July 11, 2019, 11:25:46 PM »
Okay lets try OTB logic, 7% profit this month, 14% DD means only 7%dd, so no need to close trades.

I bet that will be his explanation.

Online compujock

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #1037 on: July 11, 2019, 11:26:34 PM »
Unsurprisingly DD exceeded 12% and nothing was done about it.

That's very surprising!   ;D

Offline outsidetheboxhk

• PAMM Fund Manager and Trade Copy Provider
  • Learn from your mistakes and do not give up!
    • Signal Start
« Reply #1038 on: July 12, 2019, 11:53:24 AM »
Current Drawdown:  0%
Current Monthly Profit (recovery mode):  6.26%

This thread serves multiple purposes.

1 - communication with my current fund clients and trade copying subscribers
2 - explanations of my trade history and trade plans going forward to others who are interested in the whole journey that I started officially in Feb 2017
3 - showing a progression or process of learning, thinking, and how things play out when things don't go as planned, especially how to avoid the common mistakes of trading and when you don't how one might go about rectifying things.

You can't be doing this. Last week you blew up numerous accounts. Lost a lot of other people's money. Basically 100% loss. Then you delete those accounts, so that new investors don't see it. And act like nothing happened.

@ Donna and other moderators, is this all allowed here? Shouldn't this misleading provider be banned from the forum?

It was a 60% Drawdown after 2.5 years of 259% on this strategy.
I wish you guys would talk facts.  Then we could have a good conversation about how to optimise systems for maximum profit and lowest risk and do it all together, even with setbacks and pitfalls along the way.
My long-standing subscribers and fund clients are sticking with me, because they made great profits over the long term (they know how to just treat it as a long term investment - not getting knickers in a twist when there are drawdowns -- count how many this system has recovered from over the 2.5 years of complete trading history), they took profits off the table along the way like I advise, and they are IN for the next leg up ---- which may I please remind you -- will be the best leg up in equity because I am updating my strategy to include some more "trade helpers" and automatic "hard" rules mixed in to make it even better.
--------------------------------------------------
Copy or Invest in my Strategy

SignalStart
SimpleTrader

----------------------------------------------------
Follow Outside the Box HK on

Instagram
TRADINGVIEW

Offline outsidetheboxhk

• PAMM Fund Manager and Trade Copy Provider
  • Learn from your mistakes and do not give up!
    • Signal Start
« Reply #1039 on: July 12, 2019, 12:04:05 PM »
Just look at the naming he uses. Aggressive low drawdown!

Can it be aggressive but low drawdown at the same time!

Yes I wish I hadn't named it that.
Will make sure to name it more appropriately next time around.

I had said already that these systems are basically private ones I am working on and perfecting.  They are thus still under construction -- note like 100% and 200% profit in first month.  Of course I would like to have some "side accounts" that I treat differently for the strict purpose of providing "petty cash" or slush fund to support me in these months when I don't have enough income from performance fees and monthly fees to live off of.
I have posted one more type of these just today:  Outside the Box HFCopy Multi-timeframe Ichimoku
But remember these have not completed testing / design phases yet.  I just use them for "petty cash" profits right now.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/OutsideTheBoxHK/otb-hfcopy-multi-timeframe-ichimoku/3402737
--------------------------------------------------
Copy or Invest in my Strategy

SignalStart
SimpleTrader

----------------------------------------------------
Follow Outside the Box HK on

Instagram
TRADINGVIEW

Offline Manelos

« Reply #1040 on: July 12, 2019, 02:58:47 PM »

2.5 years from 0 to 259%, a few weeks from 259% to 32%. Not really sustainable.

Offline fxtyrant

« Reply #1041 on: July 12, 2019, 03:12:40 PM »

Agreed, basically got too greedy, lost sight of his risk management as he claims hes too busy with multiple accounts to manage...
ive told him many times just focus and do well on 1.

and leave the investors to choose how they want to adjust the 1x to say 1.25x or 1.5x or whatever, since PAMM investors can adjust, and so does copy trading.....

just fucking trade well the 1x instead of acting all fancy with so 5 accounts of different risk categories...

the fact hes trying to have multiple risk level and pitch to clients to invest in him with 5/10 or multiple risk variables.... and telling investors to pull money out monthly for higher risk... goes to show hes not very good at money management.....

when you are providing trade service in the retail space. being the master account you shouldn't withdraw too money often as It skews people's risk adjusted returns different... as you have taken 50% out, your capital is 50% at risk so the Master's 1X becomes 0.5X, so when a 0.5X places a trade, investors who are still 100% invested would be a double the risk because he hasn't pulled out any capital to secure them.

the fact he doesn't know that or claim investors should pull money out regularly shows, not a very good money manager.

now hes trying to "educate" people. im done.

Offline SJWkiller

« Reply #1042 on: July 12, 2019, 05:31:11 PM »
Our favourite idiot blew another account and deleted it.... How long will it take to blow up the new account? Its been open 1 day and already had 28% DD ;D ;D ;D

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/OutsideTheBoxHK/mtcook-aggressive-low-drawdown/3319130

Online compujock

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #1043 on: July 12, 2019, 05:42:10 PM »

Agreed, basically got too greedy, lost sight of his risk management as he claims hes too busy with multiple accounts to manage...
ive told him many times just focus and do well on 1.

and leave the investors to choose how they want to adjust the 1x to say 1.25x or 1.5x or whatever, since PAMM investors can adjust, and so does copy trading.....

just fucking trade well the 1x instead of acting all fancy with so 5 accounts of different risk categories...

the fact hes trying to have multiple risk level and pitch to clients to invest in him with 5/10 or multiple risk variables.... and telling investors to pull money out monthly for higher risk... goes to show hes not very good at money management.....

when you are providing trade service in the retail space. being the master account you shouldn't withdraw too money often as It skews people's risk adjusted returns different... as you have taken 50% out, your capital is 50% at risk so the Master's 1X becomes 0.5X, so when a 0.5X places a trade, investors who are still 100% invested would be a double the risk because he hasn't pulled out any capital to secure them.

the fact he doesn't know that or claim investors should pull money out regularly shows, not a very good money manager.

now hes trying to "educate" people. im done.

Very well said.  The only thing I would add is that I agree about the single 1x account, but even then with a strategy as risky as this one, I would highly recommend any investor (if there are any left) to only use a 0.25X or 0.30X multiplier. Then they can sleep at night knowing they won't lose their whole account when the master blows.

Online compujock

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #1044 on: July 12, 2019, 05:47:21 PM »
Our favourite idiot blew another account and deleted it.... How long will it take to blow up the new account? Its been open 1 day and already had 28% DD ;D ;D ;D

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/OutsideTheBoxHK/mtcook-aggressive-low-drawdown/3319130

Unbelievable!   :o   We really need to keep track of the number of all of the blown accounts.  Maybe that's a good way to grade all of the systems and signals on the forum.   Put a large number by each thread which represents the number of accounts that have been blown!   ::)   LOL 

Offline Manelos

« Reply #1045 on: July 12, 2019, 09:16:47 PM »
New one day old account, 42% DD...

Online reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #1046 on: July 13, 2019, 12:41:23 AM »

no more subscribers and blowing account after account, time to look for a new career or strategy at the very least.

thank goodness donna members cant be fooled anymore.

Online user456

« Reply #1047 on: July 13, 2019, 06:39:46 AM »

Don't worry ...  :o  ::)

[...]
I would like to have some "side accounts" that I treat differently for the strict purpose of providing "petty cash" or slush fund to support me in these months when I don't have enough income from performance fees and monthly fees to live off of.
I have posted one more type of these just today:  Outside the Box HFCopy Multi-timeframe Ichimoku
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/OutsideTheBoxHK/otb-hfcopy-multi-timeframe-ichimoku/3402737
[...]

Offline Manelos

« Reply #1048 on: July 13, 2019, 02:18:17 PM »
I know, i've read that post of him. He says that its an account only for him to make fast money, but it has "HFCopy" in its name, so i guess he still offers it as a signal there.

Offline gpfwestie

« Reply #1049 on: July 13, 2019, 05:41:59 PM »

Indeed.

Anyone with a basic grasp of Mathematics can understand percentages / ratio's - if you can't, you have no business investing in anything.

Multiple accounts is just confusing.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Z Trader FX EA by reinerh
[Today at 07:51:15 PM]

Re: Will cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin ever gain mass adoption? by Eliza Abrams
[Today at 04:35:38 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[Today at 04:30:33 PM]

Re: Z Trader FX EA by rsmereka
[Today at 03:05:01 PM]

Re: Good uk broker? by drunkfx