collapse

Author Topic: signalstart.com  (Read 24393 times)

Offline Kaiser Soze

signalstart.com
« on: July 11, 2017, 02:57:17 PM »
Just recently came across this site....Anyone familiar with it?

No i am not affiliated or tried.

http://www.signalstart.com/search-signals

Offline SPLand

• Unapproved Vendor
  • Unapproved Vendor
Re: signalstart.com
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 04:01:19 PM »
it is a website that you can copy traders.

The cons is, not too much filter and anyone can easily join.
Unapproved Vendor

Online outsidetheboxhk

• PAMM Fund Manager and Trade Copy Provider
  • Learn from your mistakes and do not give up!
    • Signal Start
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 02:44:05 AM »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
ongoing discussion RE: Ranking System/Calculation with @Matei21 in response to his earlier comment:
Matei21 Oct 22 at 14:50
Hi. I had some problems with their website regarding the Investor pass on my accounts. I have e-mailed their support and they were very fast in response and took care of the problem asap. I would appreciate some sort of modification to their formula for ranking the signals as some signals are very good the first month and then they do not trade much just to stay on top. I think the good signals that are more than 2-3 months old and have good steady performance and safe DD should be higher up in the ranking. This way the subscribers would be more happy and trade more safer for the long term. Just my opinion.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Normally this site is ok.  I have offered trade copying there for about 4 months.
but the ranking system has recently allowed huge numbers of poor systems to gain all the first top 100 ranking spots!!

PLEASE JOIN ME IN POSTING ABOUT THIS PROBLEM ELSEWHERE UNTIL IT CHANGES
OK. Time for many more details on the Ranking Situation.
I have performed a study on using their filter to narrow down the results of trade systems listed on their site with these parameters:

1 - Above 500% gain
2 - Age of system over 6 months (this is the biggie as looks like scammers are making new accounts just to get lucky on some low risk trades and then rank high on this list that has a very poor ranking method - as real traders and investors know)
3 - Drawdown below 50%
4 - Price below $70

THE RESULTS ARE ATTACHED AS SCREENSHOT FROM SIGNAL START WEBSITE

1 - This is very unjust to those signal providers who work very hard (over 9 months) to build their returns
2 - I urge Signal Start to review their ranking calculations and REVISE them based on a weighting system and Parameters that really do matter in determining a system's value.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 06:02:20 AM by outsidetheboxhk »
--------------------------------------------------
Copy or Invest in my Strategy

DARWINEX
PSYQUATION
ZuluTrade (2 compensation models)

SignalStart
SimpleTrader
MQL5 Zero Spread
----------------------------------------------------
Follow Outside the Box HK on

Instagram
TRADINGVIEW

Online nwboater

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 09:11:40 PM »
I just looked at the Fidelitas Impulse Signal https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/360122 by our own reirerh at Signal Start. In looking at monthly profit I noticed that it was much lower than I expected. The problem is they only look at the last 30 days to present that stat.

This is a ridiculous short term way to present monthly profit and is vastly different from MyFxBook. It might be ok for MarGrids as they tend to have a very smooth equity curve (until they crash!). For for most decent strategies that will have monthly fluctuations it presents a very distorted picture. One month it may look terrible and the next it may look terrific for the same signal.

Cheers,
Rod
EA's (Run on separate accounts): Cyborg, Best Scalper MT4 V. 2.3

Signal: Hans Trend 2 Beta (On hold until new version)

Darwinex: Portfolio of 12 Darwins

Broker: AxiTrader, Darwinex
VPS's: Amazon EC2
Rebates: HFT Group

Online Humble Trader's Fx

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 10:15:08 PM »
I just looked at the Fidelitas Impulse Signal https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/360122 by our own reirerh at Signal Start. In looking at monthly profit I noticed that it was much lower than I expected. The problem is they only look at the last 30 days to present that stat.

This is a ridiculous short term way to present monthly profit and is vastly different from MyFxBook. It might be ok for MarGrids as they tend to have a very smooth equity curve (until they crash!). For for most decent strategies that will have monthly fluctuations it presents a very distorted picture. One month it may look terrible and the next it may look terrific for the same signal.

Cheers,
Rod

Hello, Rod.

I was the first to sign on to FEDELITAS, Impulse,  through Signal Start. I agree with you that a month's set of data does give a distorted view of this EA's performance but if you have been following Rein's updates, he has been noting to us the lack of market volatility this past month. Just as I will not be disappointed if the EA does not deliver the 206% it gained in July, equally,  will not be deterred when it only gains 12% in October,  especially when next week promises to be a hair-raising list of economic events.

The button line for me is that if the EA failes to deliver, one created by our very own, it will not be because of having been crafted by the best and most respected developers out there.

Regards,
HumbleTrader
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 01:17:14 AM by Humble Trader's Fx. »
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Offline ccjhuang

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2017, 10:31:09 PM »

Cheers,
Rod

Hello, Rod.

I was the first to sign on to FEDELITAS, Impulse,  through Signal Start. I agree with you that a month's set of data does give a distorted view of this EA's performance but if you have been following Rein's updates, he has been noting to us the lack of market volatility this past month. Just as I will not be disappointed if the EA does not deliver the 206% it gained in July, equally,  will not be deterred when it only gains 12% in October,  especially when next week promises to be a hair raising list of economic events.

The button line for me is that if the EA failes to deliver, one created by our very own, it will not be because of having been crafted by the best developers there.

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Lol I don't really understand why you speak so highly of reinerh's system but call SFE PA a scam, when they are both breakout strategies and had similar progression on their growth curves over the last 3 months. Even reinerh said his trading system was inspired by SFE PA. reinerh's system is great of course, but so is SFE PA. Maybe you just don't see why people should pay $2000 for it, but that does not make it a scam.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 10:46:23 PM by ccjhuang »

Online nwboater

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2017, 10:33:55 PM »
I just looked at the Fidelitas Impulse Signal https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/360122 by our own reirerh at MQL5. In looking at monthly profit I noticed that it was much lower than I expected. The problem is they only look at the last 30 days to present that stat.

Cheers,
Rod

I made a mistake in my original post which I have now corrected. I said that Signal Start based monthly profit on 30 days. I should have said MQL5 does that.

Sorry for any confusion!

Cheers,
Rod

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2017, 10:48:33 PM »
I just looked at the Fidelitas Impulse Signal https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/360122 by our own reirerh at MQL5. In looking at monthly profit I noticed that it was much lower than I expected. The problem is they only look at the last 30 days to present that stat.

Cheers,
Rod

I made a mistake in my original post which I have now corrected. I said that Signal Start based monthly profit on 30 days. I should have said MQL5 does that.

Sorry for any confusion!

Cheers,
Rod

Hello, Rod.

Well noted and appreciated. That is how one gains credibility in the forum and their words mean something.

I am not at my computer right now to verify but if I rembering correctly,  so does Signal Start only offer one month's data but I will not bet the house.

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Online nwboater

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2017, 11:06:40 PM »
Thanks Humbletrader.

Signal Start & MQL5 both show 40% gain since the start in March as well as 12% DD.

However Signal Start shows monthly gain as 4% while MQL5 shows it as .27%. MQL5 is obviously WAY off the mark! I'm not sure how accurate the Signal Start monthly is but it's sure way better than MQL5!

Cheers,
Rod

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2017, 01:29:32 AM »

Cheers,
Rod

Hello, Rod.

I was the first to sign on to FEDELITAS, Impulse,  through Signal Start. I agree with you that a month's set of data does give a distorted view of this EA's performance but if you have been following Rein's updates, he has been noting to us the lack of market volatility this past month. Just as I will not be disappointed if the EA does not deliver the 206% it gained in July, equally,  will not be deterred when it only gains 12% in October,  especially when next week promises to be a hair raising list of economic events.

The button line for me is that if the EA failes to deliver, one created by our very own, it will not be because of having been crafted by the best developers there.

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Lol I don't really understand why you speak so highly of reinerh's system but call SFE PA a scam, when they are both breakout strategies and had similar progression on their growth curves over the last 3 months. Even reinerh said his trading system was inspired by SFE PA. reinerh's system is great of course, but so is SFE PA. Maybe you just don't see why people should pay $2000 for it, but that does not make it a scam.

A scam is when one "masquerading"  as a  regular user, is in cahoots with the developer or probably is the developer under a different alias and comes to this forum posting hundreds of posts in defence of a product,  while earning money not from the wins/loss of the EA but from the sale of the product; add to this, he has a side promoter posting as many posts, while he too pretends not to have any financial interest as well and both attacking members who dare bring up the failures of the EA. That is a true scam praying on the members. End of story!

Regards,
HumbleTrader

« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 01:38:23 AM by Humble Trader's Fx. »

Offline ccjhuang

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2017, 01:40:46 AM »

Cheers,
Rod

Hello, Rod.

Regards,
HumbleTrader

A scam is when one "masquerading"  as a  regular user, is in cahoots with the developer and comes to this forum posting hundreds of posts in defence of a product,  while earning money not from the wins/loss of the EA but from the sale of the product; add to this, he has a side promoter posting as many posts, while he too pretends not to have any financial interest as well and both attacking members who dare bring up the failures of the EA. That is a true scam praying on the members. End of story!

Regards,
HumbleTrader

1. I have been a registered member of this forum since 2011 - check my profile and verify for yourself.

2. I have made tons of money from the EA and I don't care about the subscription income, I was just doing a favour for others so they can sign up through the SimpleTrader platform because the vendor could not be bothered setting up another signal as he just wants to concentrate his energy developing his EAs and offer support. I also pass the subscription fee to the vendor anyway, and only take a small cut for my effort running the signal.

3. I am not attacking anyone in the forum here, I just feel your comments calling SFE PA a scam is simply untrue.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 01:43:12 AM by ccjhuang »

Online nwboater

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2017, 01:52:37 AM »

Cheers,
Rod

Hello, Rod.

I was the first to sign on to FEDELITAS, Impulse,  through Signal Start. I agree with you that a month's set of data does give a distorted view of this EA's performance but if you have been following Rein's updates, he has been noting to us the lack of market volatility this past month. Just as I will not be disappointed if the EA does not deliver the 206% it gained in July, equally,  will not be deterred when it only gains 12% in October,  especially when next week promises to be a hair-raising list of economic events.

The button line for me is that if the EA failes to deliver, one created by our very own, it will not be because of having been crafted by the best and most respected developers out there.

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Hi Humble Trader,

In reading back through this thread it seemed that you may have thought I was criticizing reinerh's Impulse Signal. That was not at all my intention! This is the Signal Start thread and I was commenting on how they (actually MQL5) present their stats. So to you and reinerh I am very sorry if I gave the wrong impression.

I hold Reinerh in the highest regard, feel we are very fortunate to have him as a member here, really appreciate his transparency and think he is developing some excellent systems. I especially appreciate how he values a high profit/dd ratio. Everything about his strategies are in sync with what I feel are the most profitable and safest ways to trade Forex.

Cheers,
Rod

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2017, 01:11:24 AM »

Cheers,
Rod

Hello, Rod.

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Hi Humble Trader,

In reading back through this thread it seemed that you may have thought I was criticizing reinerh's Impulse Signal. That was not at all my intention! This is the Signal Start thread and I was commenting on how they (actually MQL5) present their stats. So to you and reinerh I am very sorry if I gave the wrong impression.

I hold Reinerh in the highest regard, feel we are very fortunate to have him as a member here, really appreciate his transparency and think he is developing some excellent systems. I especially appreciate how he values a high profit/dd ratio. Everything about his strategies are in sync with what I feel are the most profitable and safest ways to trade Forex.

Cheers,
Rod

Hello, Rod.
Not at all,  I never considered your remarks as a criticism, it's just that I was away from my station (out having a coffee) and could only do so much from my smartphone with the tiny text which it provides; I apologize if my message was misunderstood as well.  :)

The very best to you.

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Online nwboater

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2017, 03:37:54 AM »
HumbleTrader - Thank you.

Cheers,
Rod

Offline DamBuster

• Global Moderator
  • Trade long and prosper, earthlings... ;-)
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2017, 04:19:18 AM »
This topic has been split.

The personal arguments can be found/continued in the Airing Room: https://donnaforex.com/index.php?topic=19898.0

browse forum