collapse

Author Topic: SFE Price Action EA  (Read 67075 times)

Offline CanadianPsycho

• Free markets are sexy
SFE Price Action EA
« on: July 22, 2017, 10:32:33 PM »
So hat tip to fellow DF user Taru for this one. SFE Price Action EA has a solid couple of years of results behind it and it trades EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDCHF, USDJPY, AUDUSD, EURGBP, NZDUSD, EURAUD, EURJPY, GBPJPY, AUDJPY, USDCAD, AUDCAD, EURCAD and XAUUSD. Always get excited about gold, but that's just a personal quirk. :) But yeah, that's 15 pairs. Jeepers!

Here's the author's Myfxbook that, as of this posting, shows those impressive two years of very good results I mentioned.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/atractor/sfe-price-action/1331484

The EA does not seem to perform well in ranging markets and has periods of activity that could be described as poor. There is a 5 month period in 2016 for instance (jul-dec '16) where the EA lost  600 euro total on a 4,600 Euro or so account before shooting up to a 6,317 euro after gaining about 2,200 euro over about 10 days. You can check it out for yourself there in the Myfxbook charts.

The EA trades all 15 pairs from just 4 charts (M5, M15, M30 and 1H) and claims low memory usage.

The full license for the EA can be purchased in the MLQ5 market for $2,000 USD or rented for as low as $180/month but given the long periods of mediocre or worse performance, I'm not sure renting it is such a sensible notion. Dropping $2,000 is a lot though, so the $180 payments might be thought of as more manageable for some.

Purchase and info link to the marketplace.

https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/5716#

One of the things I've noticed here is that any negative reviews came from a relatively short 2 month period in which users were losing money during one of those poor periods. Frankly, I see that as somewhat promising just because it means that the short sighted money doesn't really ever get it right with EAs. Short term money doesn't know how to manage risk and is usually looking for something where they can just turn a key and replace their employer's paycheques.

So, there it is. It's pricey but it looks very intriguing to me. As I said to Taru, I think this could compliment some grids very well because grids do well in ranging markets which this EAS doesn't, and this EA does really well in trendy markets where grids lose. I don't think it'd made up for the losses of a grid, but I think it would potentially soften the blow quite a lot.

========
EDIT TO ADD
========

Thanks to Taru for the following:

Some accounts connected with SFE are:

Developer's Master Account:
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/atractor/sfe-price-action/1331484.

The developer's signal of SFE on MQL5 at: https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/124880.

Jimmy's (ccjuang) original "mixed" account running other strategies along SFE:
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/jimmy8378/a/1688652 while his new

account offering SFE as a signal through simpletrader: http://www.myfxbook.com/members/jimmy8378/sfe-price-action-autolot-high/2188821.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 05:14:14 PM by CanadianPsycho »

Online reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
Re: SFE Price Action EA
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 04:33:48 AM »

this strategy is outbreak, proven to be good.

there is other signals as well, sh being one on nick.

sfe i do like a lot, would say the most besides the one i am working on myself for some time.

what i cant understand is why he does not have more subscibers on mq, he sure deserves more then he has.

Offline The_Snowman

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 09:49:36 AM »
From what I have seen of it in action, I would describe it more of a volatility trader than breakout, although it could be argued that they go hand i hand.

In a certain trading room I attend, one of the guys has made over $200,000 AUD clear profit.

His actions are all documented in the forum over there and he has myfxfook so I have no reason to doubt him.

He also happens to be leading the monthly trading contest while I can only manage 6th right now  ;)

Offline guernica

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 11:42:04 AM »
I'm susprised that no one has yet stated this: this EA is very expensive :-[

Online reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 12:09:06 PM »

the signal on mq does not cost all that much.

ea is expensive no question. i think one can backtest before buying as well if i remember correctly.

Online reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 01:01:26 PM »
From what I have seen of it in action, I would describe it more of a volatility trader than breakout, although it could be argued that they go hand i hand.

In a certain trading room I attend, one of the guys has made over $200,000 AUD clear profit.

His actions are all documented in the forum over there and he has myfxfook so I have no reason to doubt him.

He also happens to be leading the monthly trading contest while I can only manage 6th right now  ;)

snowman,

do you happen to have the myfxbook link handy showing the sfe results you mentioned ?

Offline taru

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 06:04:32 PM »
So hat tip to fellow DF user Taru for this one. SFE Price Action EA has a solid couple of years of results behind it and it trades EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDCHF, USDJPY, AUDUSD, EURGBP, NZDUSD, EURAUD, EURJPY, GBPJPY, AUDJPY, USDCAD, AUDCAD, EURCAD and XAUUSD. Always get excited about gold, but that's just a personal quirk. :) But yeah, that's 15 pairs. Jeepers!

Here's the author's Myfxbook that, as of this posting, shows those impressive two years of very good results I mentioned.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/atractor/sfe-price-action/1331484

The EA does not seem to perform well in ranging markets and has periods of activity that could be described as poor. There is a 5 month period in 2016 for instance (jul-dec '16) where the EA lost  600 euro total on a 4,600 Euro or so account before shooting up to a 6,317 euro after gaining about 2,200 euro over about 10 days. You can check it out for yourself there in the Myfxbook charts.

The EA trades all 15 pairs from just 4 charts (M5, M15, M30 and 1H) and claims low memory usage.

The full license for the EA can be purchased in the MLQ5 market for $2,000 USD or rented for as low as $180/month but given the long periods of mediocre or worse performance, I'm not sure renting it is such a sensible notion. Dropping $2,000 is a lot though, so the $180 payments might be thought of as more manageable for some.

Purchase and info link to the marketplace.

https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/5716#

One of the things I've noticed here is that any negative reviews came from a relatively short 2 month period in which users were losing money during one of those poor periods. Frankly, I see that as somewhat promising just because it means that the short sighted money doesn't really ever get it right with EAs. Short term money doesn't know how to manage risk and is usually looking for something where they can just turn a key and replace their employer's paycheques.

So, there it is. It's pricey but it looks very intriguing to me. As I said to Taru, I think this could compliment some grids very well because grids do well in ranging markets which this EAS doesn't, and this EA does really well in trendy markets where grids lose. I don't think it'd made up for the losses of a grid, but I think it would potentially soften the blow quite a lot.

Thanks for the compliments. And good luck and happy pipping with SFE.

Offline The_Snowman

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 11:16:10 PM »

ea is expensive no question. i think one can backtest before buying as well if i remember correctly.

And this is why there will never be too many people using it  ;D

Let me see, spend $2,000 make $200,000 ????

Nah, give that a huge miss, I'll just trade my own losing way forever  :o

Offline The_Snowman

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2017, 11:22:59 PM »

Why would you be fixated on backtesting?

He has back tested it throughly himself and I dare say, he knows more about it that you ever will.

There are 52 page of comments like this on mql5 store

Plus he has 2.5 years of LIVE trading results, there's the best backtest ever!!!

8)

Offline The_Snowman

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2017, 11:27:13 PM »

Here it is, but look at in context, he was trading other EA's, he was trading manually, but the results are there.

His wife found out recently he was back trading after he kept it a secret for over a year, he withdrew $100,000 to keep her happy.

It's all there to see, good luck all  ;)

This is the link but I'm logged into myfxbook so hope it works

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/jimmy8378/a/1688652

snowman,

do you happen to have the myfxbook link handy showing the sfe results you mentioned ?

Offline CanadianPsycho

• Free markets are sexy
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2017, 12:05:00 AM »
BAM! Man that wasn't quite epic there Snowman...but it was close haha.

Expensive EAs can be junk too to be fair. I mean, I remember being that $5,000 account holder and it's tough to get flooded with no end of promises only to find out how they're all so hollow. People are trying, and I think the common missing element is patience. I bet if most of us sit down, take a look back at the previous 5 years and wonder where we'd be if we made the choices that demanded patience of us, we'd be further ahead.

It's a learning process. Some people have to pay more tuition than others. ;)

Offline The_Snowman

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2017, 12:43:22 AM »

Expensive EAs can be junk too to be fair. I mean, I remember being that $5,000 account holder and it's tough to get flooded with no end of promises only to find out how they're all so hollow. People are trying, and I think the common missing element is patience. I bet if most of us sit down, take a look back at the previous 5 years and wonder where we'd be if we made the choices that demanded patience of us, we'd be further ahead.

I can do better than that, my personal account, I started using it on Thursday

It has 4 levels of Risk setting, Very Low, Low, Moderate, High

Plus you can choose a percentage of your account balance to use for trading

I choose Low Risk using 50% of my account, so trading with about $45,000 real dollars

This indicator is TradeReport, I filter for the number " 4 " as the EA assigns Magic Number from 400000 up; filter will show all trades with a 4 in Magic Number

Heck, you understand! EDIT: perhaps it should be by Comment , not Magic Number, anyway...

So your choice, believe it or not, no difference to me ........  :D
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 12:45:01 AM by The_Snowman »

Offline The_Snowman

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2017, 12:49:27 AM »

Well, that is true, about the cost, but there is also a ton of data, research and results already published and available on this EA

One only has to make an effort to read the 52 pages of comments on mql5 store before casting doubt immediately on here because they can't be bothered

I bet most traders don't even know how to find the store either on the web or inside MT4

How have you been anyway? Making pips?

All the best

Offline CanadianPsycho

• Free markets are sexy
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2017, 12:54:58 AM »
Been doing great. Stuck with FX and figured out what worked for me since the years back when i was first poking around on this forum. Also kinda hit it well with Bitcoin and Ethereum because I became fascinated with the computer science implications. So that's cool.

But yeah, just been kickin' back and enjoying life. :)

I think you're completely right when it comes to the research and all that; I'm just trying to be charitable to others who might be intimidated by the sticker price. For new traders especially, it's just so easy to be bombarded with lengthy sales pitches and multi-thousand dollar price tags that it all blends together. I mean, it sucks and it doesn't seem fair but that's what we have to deal with in open markets and it's why good research is so important for traders.

SFE seems like a great bet to me. The thing that's always kept me around forex is the amount of money you can pull from this market. What seems outrageous in equities markets is really not very far fetched in FX if you figure out how to manage risk and expectations.

Online reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2017, 12:59:55 AM »
thanks snowman.

bt i always like to do myself to see how it trades, and to verify a vendors results. i just dont trust most of them.

sfe sure working good for you as well, its a proven underlying strategy, i use it myself.

so keep making green pips :)

browse forum

* Recent Posts