collapse

Author Topic: SFE Price Action EA  (Read 83292 times)

Offline forexbaby

• Private fund trader
Re: SFE Price Action EA
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2017, 03:47:32 AM »
He seems good but not sure not many people sign him up?

Anyone trading with this signal SFE price action signal? Can advice and give comment? Did you get the same result?

What is the difference of loaning the signal and signing up the signal?

Offline The_Snowman

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2017, 05:42:25 AM »

You're asking us? Really, this is a direct question for him IMHO

I'm not even sure of the terms you are using

Offline CanadianPsycho

• Free markets are sexy
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2017, 05:50:59 AM »

I'm not sure if this is a language barrier issue, but this basic of a question might make some of us think that perhaps you're not ready for trading.

In any case, signing up for this signal costs $80 USD per month and will copy the trades of the signal provider to your MT4 Terminal. You can view a tutorial on how to sign up for signals here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Dk7UdpnWZg&index=2&list=PLltlMLQ7OLeLZpxDnCMKz1tBlPcUminCT

As for loaning, I assume you mean renting the EA? If you rent the EA, you can run the EA on your own platform for a limited amount of time. This is different from trade copying from signals as trades originate on your own account.

Offline ccjhuang

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2017, 08:55:30 AM »
From what I have seen of it in action, I would describe it more of a volatility trader than breakout, although it could be argued that they go hand i hand.

In a certain trading room I attend, one of the guys has made over $200,000 AUD clear profit.

His actions are all documented in the forum over there and he has myfxfook so I have no reason to doubt him.

He also happens to be leading the monthly trading contest while I can only manage 6th right now  ;)

Here it is, but look at in context, he was trading other EA's, he was trading manually, but the results are there.

His wife found out recently he was back trading after he kept it a secret for over a year, he withdrew $100,000 to keep her happy.

It's all there to see, good luck all  ;)

This is the link but I'm logged into myfxbook so hope it works

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/jimmy8378/a/1688652

snowman,

do you happen to have the myfxbook link handy showing the sfe results you mentioned ?

lol Snowman you must have been stalking my posts on The Other forum! (I guess you guys all know where is it but can't mention it due to commercial reasons?)

Yes I just withdrew another $60K today from the main account to keep my wife happy...now I have $54K left on the main account (running SteadyCapture, SFE Price Action and SFE Night Scalper), and $55K on another new account I just opened last week (I put in $50K last week to just run SFE Price Action only on High risk, and it has already made 10% in the past week alone).

Good to see you guys here, but I am mainly on The Other forum so please feel free to come there to ask me questions (if DonnaForex allows) :)

Online nwboater

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2017, 04:48:16 AM »

You're asking us? Really, this is a direct question for him IMHO

I'm not even sure of the terms you are using

I suspect that Forexbaby wants to know the difference in results between renting the EA and paying monthly for the Signal.

I imagine that there are many settings in the EA that can affect performance. With the Signal we are getting results based on the settings the author feels are the best - hopefully.

So is there anyone here who has used both the ea and the signal that might offer some insight about differences in performance?

Thanks,
Rod

EA's (Run on separate accounts): Cyborg, Best Scalper MT4 V. 2.3

Signal: Hans Trend 2 Beta (On hold until new version)

Darwinex: Portfolio of 12 Darwins

Broker: AxiTrader, Darwinex
VPS's: Amazon EC2
Rebates: HFT Group

Offline CanadianPsycho

• Free markets are sexy
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2017, 04:56:35 AM »
Also, if you rent a signal, you'll inevitably suffer some slippage in between delays from when the signal provider transmits a signal to your terminal to the time when your terminal executes the trade.

Online nwboater

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2017, 05:02:10 AM »
Also, if you rent a signal, you'll inevitably suffer some slippage in between delays from when the signal provider transmits a signal to your terminal to the time when your terminal executes the trade.

Good point, and one to consider.

With a scalper in a quickly moving market it can often hurt.

In my experience with many non-scalping signals the slippage sometimes hurts, but also sometimes helps. I'm not really sure how it averages out over time.

Cheers,
Rod

Online reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2017, 05:06:42 AM »

with this signal slippage is a non issue. its not a tickscalper after all, and goes for higher tp values.

plus mq copies lightning fast, i think even faster then a signal ea.

Offline The_Snowman

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2017, 07:02:07 AM »

I suspect that Forexbaby wants to know the difference in results between renting the EA and paying monthly for the Signal.

I imagine that there are many settings in the EA that can affect performance. With the Signal we are getting results based on the settings the author feels are the best - hopefully.

So is there anyone here who has used both the ea and the signal that might offer some insight about differences in performance?

Thanks,
Rod

Perhaps in the EA you previously used, there are many settings, but this time, using your imagination, the assumption is wrong.

Even the most basic of research shows all the USER settings on the EA page at MQL5

Parameters
Broker_Server_GMT_Winter. Enter the GMT offset of your broker in the winter period (not DST).
Broker_Adapt_GMT_On_DST_Period. Enter 'yes' if your broker changes the GMT offset, in the DST period.
Broker_Symbols_Suffix_Name. Enter the suffix ONLY if the name of the symbols uses a suffix.
Autolot_Apply. Select 'yes' if you want to set the size of the trades automatically.
Autolot_Risk_Level. Risk level.
Autolot_Balance_Percentage. Define the percentage of your account balance to assign (0-100%).
Fixed_Order_Size. Size of the order here (only if Autolot_Apply is not selected).
Single_Chart_Mode. If selected, only one chart for each timeframe (M5, M15, M30 and H1) should be opened (EURUSD is recommended).
Single_Chart_XX_Pairs. The list of pairs traded for each timeframe. Use the semicolon character (;) to separate the pairs selected.
Order_Comment. Order comment.

So, it was asked also on the comment page, and answered, that the EA takes the same trades no matter what the RISK setting.

So if your argument is the results will be different, yes, you are correct, they will be different in dollar value as per the Risk settings.

Also, of course, each account is different size, and the setting of Balance Percentage setting allows you to set the amount to use for trading, eg. 50%

Therefore, every account will be using different balance and different risk, so the results will be different value but should be percentage very similar.

And all the trades should, theoretically all be the same. So, there is no fine tuning, no optimization required.

Here is what it looks like on the M60 chart, all the details are there if you read them

Offline The_Snowman

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2017, 07:09:30 AM »

[/quote]

Good point, and one to consider.

With a scalper in a quickly moving market it can often hurt.

In my experience with many non-scalping signals the slippage sometimes hurts, but also sometimes helps. I'm not really sure how it averages out over time.

Cheers,
Rod
[/quote]

Yes, let's use past experience to judge an EA that you obviously have no experience of but are already completely biased against.

I can tell you, it is not a scalper, but if you had taken the time to read the MQL5 page you would already know that.

In fact it uses a lot of pending orders.

Let me post it here in case you can't be bother to educate yourself - in fact, it should be right up your alley as no knowledge is required  ;D

SFE Price Action

SFE Price Action is an Expert Advisor with a great diversification of operations and different systems working in 15 pairs and 4 timeframes. This increases the chances of sustained growth and reduces exposure to a single pair or individual operations. The risk is very controlled.

Based on own price action rules, no hedge, martingale, grid or any other type of dangerous practices are used, such as not closing failed operations.

You do not need any knowledge, the configuration is very easy and you do not need configuration or optimization work. It is not necessary to be alerted about whether the EA should be enabled or not. Due to its high diversification and low risk, it is safe to leave it always connected.

Realistic management of internal adjustments. Instead of trying to find the exact values ​​that fit the historical prices of each pair, the EA uses values ​​that are effective in all pairs. This demonstrates the strength of the algorithms of the EA and reinforces the possibilities of maintaining the good performance in the future movements.

Counting on a 10-year backtest period and more than 2.5 years of live action since mid-2014, it shows the EA's great adaptability to any type of structural behavior in the market, in trend or sideways. The robot bases its advantage on intraday volatility, which often occurs independently of market bias.

It does not need sophisticated trading conditions or high execution speed, it works in any broker (ECN account recommended), and the computer resources needed to run the expert are very low. All pairs and timeframes recommended are handled from only four charts.

Offline The_Snowman

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2017, 01:49:51 PM »
sorry if I come across a bit rude or short or whatever the termis in your country, in the last few post, really sorry, sorry

I do feel that his EA has the history to back itself up and that can be found by anyone interested to learn about

I will try to assist any noobs with setup or any questions

best thing is to give it a go, sure, start off with low risk if you are new to EA trading

catch ya later (sorry Donna)

Online nwboater

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2017, 02:04:45 PM »

Yes, let's use past experience to judge an EA that you obviously have no experience of but are already completely biased against.

I can tell you, it is not a scalper, but if you had taken the time to read the MQL5 page you would already know that.

In fact it uses a lot of pending orders.

Let me post it here in case you can't be bother to educate yourself - in fact, it should be right up your alley as no knowledge is required  ;D

SFE Price Action

SFE Price Action is an Expert Advisor with a great diversification of operations and different systems working in 15 pairs and 4 timeframes. This increases the chances of sustained growth and reduces exposure to a single pair or individual operations. The risk is very controlled.

Based on own price action rules, no hedge, martingale, grid or any other type of dangerous practices are used, such as not closing failed operations.

You do not need any knowledge, the configuration is very easy and you do not need configuration or optimization work. It is not necessary to be alerted about whether the EA should be enabled or not. Due to its high diversification and low risk, it is safe to leave it always connected.

Realistic management of internal adjustments. Instead of trying to find the exact values ​​that fit the historical prices of each pair, the EA uses values ​​that are effective in all pairs. This demonstrates the strength of the algorithms of the EA and reinforces the possibilities of maintaining the good performance in the future movements.

Counting on a 10-year backtest period and more than 2.5 years of live action since mid-2014, it shows the EA's great adaptability to any type of structural behavior in the market, in trend or sideways. The robot bases its advantage on intraday volatility, which often occurs independently of market bias.

It does not need sophisticated trading conditions or high execution speed, it works in any broker (ECN account recommended), and the computer resources needed to run the expert are very low. All pairs and timeframes recommended are handled from only four charts.

Good heavens Snowman, why are you attacking me???

I only made my post to help clarify forexbaby's post and to ask if anyone had experience with both the EA and the Signal.

In the quoted post and the previous one you have made several disparaging and sarcastic remarks against me that are way out of line on this Forum. They are totally uncalled for.

The most inaccurate is when you say that I am "already completely biased against" the EA. I have no idea how you determined that, but it is very wrong! In fact I will probably be subscribing to the Signal today.

This, and most any forum works best when people share information and try to help each other in a polite manner. That has been the spirit of DonnaForex for a long time. Doing personal attacks only creates bad feelings.

Rod
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 02:21:02 PM by nwboater »

Online nwboater

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2017, 02:14:27 PM »
sorry if I come across a bit rude or short or whatever the termis in your country, in the last few post, really sorry, sorry

I do feel that his EA has the history to back itself up and that can be found by anyone interested to learn about

I will try to assist any noobs with setup or any questions

best thing is to give it a go, sure, start off with low risk if you are new to EA trading

catch ya later (sorry Donna)

I saw this quoted post just after I made my previous post questioning why you attacked me.

Thank you very much for the apology - I really appreciate it.

Yes, Sfe Price Action has a great history! That is why there is so much interest in it and why I am going to subscribe to it.

It is very generous of you to offer your assistance to "noobs". That is truly in the spirit of DonnaForex.

Just in case you have lumped me in the noob category I should tell you that I have been live trading several EA's and Signals, and managed accounts for many years. I am also a long time member of DonnaForex and when I started out in Forex found it to be a big help.

Cheers,
Rod

Offline corre971

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2017, 03:59:03 PM »
SFE PA imo is a good EA, but pricey. Would be nice to see another account running it on broker different than the ref account

Anyway, similar to this, there is Momentum EA, which, in the version only H1, costs 290 usd. Maybe SFE could be few better than momentum EA, but the latter has a sensibly lower price
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 04:14:09 PM by corre971 »

Online reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2017, 04:44:30 PM »

momentum is a joke,

not even close to sfe in performance.....................

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/strueli/momentum-ea-full-infinox/1837655

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: US NFP and Canadian Employment change by Umar
[Today at 06:16:38 PM]

Re: Forex Optimum Representative by Hilapur
[Today at 03:14:15 PM]

Re: Outsidethebox HK Signals & PAMM funds by SJWkiller
[Yesterday at 05:24:40 PM]

Re: Pegasus FX by nwboater
[Yesterday at 01:52:31 PM]

Re: Your favourite car? by 2cuteEssence