collapse

Author Topic: SFE Price Action EA  (Read 87343 times)

Offline Humble Trader's Fx

• Global Moderator
Re: SFE Price Action EA
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2017, 04:46:15 PM »
SFE PA imo is a good EA, but pricey. Would be nice to see another account running it on broker different than the ref account

Anyway, similar to this, there is Momentum EA, which, in the version only H1, costs 290 usd. Maybe SFE could be few better than momentum EA, but the latter has a sensibly lower price

While we are talking about "pricey"; I came across this:

https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/12893

Is this to be read as twenty-nine thousand nine-hundred and ninety-nine dollars? ::)

Regards,
HumbleTrader 8)

We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Online reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2017, 04:50:17 PM »

I suspect that Forexbaby wants to know the difference in results between renting the EA and paying monthly for the Signal.

I imagine that there are many settings in the EA that can affect performance. With the Signal we are getting results based on the settings the author feels are the best - hopefully.

So is there anyone here who has used both the ea and the signal that might offer some insight about differences in performance?

Thanks,
Rod

Perhaps in the EA you previously used, there are many settings, but this time, using your imagination, the assumption is wrong.

Even the most basic of research shows all the USER settings on the EA page at MQL5

Parameters
Broker_Server_GMT_Winter. Enter the GMT offset of your broker in the winter period (not DST).
Broker_Adapt_GMT_On_DST_Period. Enter 'yes' if your broker changes the GMT offset, in the DST period.
Broker_Symbols_Suffix_Name. Enter the suffix ONLY if the name of the symbols uses a suffix.
Autolot_Apply. Select 'yes' if you want to set the size of the trades automatically.
Autolot_Risk_Level. Risk level.
Autolot_Balance_Percentage. Define the percentage of your account balance to assign (0-100%).
Fixed_Order_Size. Size of the order here (only if Autolot_Apply is not selected).
Single_Chart_Mode. If selected, only one chart for each timeframe (M5, M15, M30 and H1) should be opened (EURUSD is recommended).
Single_Chart_XX_Pairs. The list of pairs traded for each timeframe. Use the semicolon character (;) to separate the pairs selected.
Order_Comment. Order comment.

So, it was asked also on the comment page, and answered, that the EA takes the same trades no matter what the RISK setting.

So if your argument is the results will be different, yes, you are correct, they will be different in dollar value as per the Risk settings.

Also, of course, each account is different size, and the setting of Balance Percentage setting allows you to set the amount to use for trading, eg. 50%

Therefore, every account will be using different balance and different risk, so the results will be different value but should be percentage very similar.

And all the trades should, theoretically all be the same. So, there is no fine tuning, no optimization required.

Here is what it looks like on the M60 chart, all the details are there if you read them

this baby sure appears to be coded rather well.

its amazing what good coders can do, always impresses me.

coding is sure not my thing, i wish it was.

Offline corre971

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2017, 11:15:56 AM »

momentum is a joke,

not even close to sfe in performance.....................

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/strueli/momentum-ea-full-infinox/1837655

Not promoting none of them and i do not use them (i run the first Ea of this category: Pipseed). These EAs are always broker sensitive and so results will vary from broker to broker.
As for Momentum consider this:
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/strueli/momentum-ea-h1/1751614
This runs only H1 and if you compare its performance with SFE in the same period (from 12 Aug 2016) are quite similar:
Momentum EA H1 monthly return 5.01% DD 7.16%
SFE monthly return 5.96% DD 15.43%
So Momentum has a better return to DD ratio

Anyway, which one all of you will choose, prepare to see results different from broker to broker and be patient: you will have very long stagnation periods with gains concentrated in few trading days, so perseverance is the key

Personally i would go for SFE but i do not spend 2 k for an EA, so probably will give a shot to Momentum H1, but now backtesting intensively both of them and making my analysis. Probably will decide if to buy and which one end of August (already have my profitable  EA portfolio)

Dos someone knows about an SFe account on a broker different from IC Markets?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 11:17:59 AM by corre971 »

Offline The_Snowman

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2017, 01:17:46 AM »

Personally i would go for SFE but i do not spend 2 k for an EA, so probably will give a shot to Momentum H1, but now backtesting intensively both of them and making my analysis. Probably will decide if to buy and which one end of August (already have my profitable  EA portfolio)

Yes, total waste of money, not worth $2,000 even if it pays for itself in the first week, see picture, real account

The coder has 2.5 years of live data, back test that I guess

I am running it on a broker called Blueberry, they gave me a live account with free $50 to start with.

Little do they know, that I will not be deposit any more in there, I don't have too ha ha ha, see picture

Offline corre971

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2017, 07:56:10 AM »

Yes, total waste of money, not worth $2,000 even if it pays for itself in the first week, see picture, real account

I am running it on a broker called Blueberry, they gave me a live account with free $50 to start with.

Little do they know, that I will not be deposit any more in there, I don't have too ha ha ha, see picture
So you bought a license?

Offline informer

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2017, 08:48:06 AM »
does it need ECN style spreads ? or is there a Spread range for the traded pairs ?

Offline The_Snowman

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2017, 08:58:20 AM »
does it need ECN style spreads ? or is there a Spread range for the traded pairs ?

It does not need sophisticated trading conditions or high execution speed, it works in any broker (ECN account recommended), and the computer resources needed to run the expert are very low. All pairs and timeframes recommended are handled from only four charts.

https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/5716#full_description

Offline The_Snowman

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2017, 09:12:51 AM »

So you bought a license?

I paid 3 months rent as I was as sceptical as you

but will not have any problem paying full price at the end of that if the performance continues, or unless there is a better deal with signal only

In the meantime, certainly not out of pocket

The thing with owning it, I guess, you feel in control and there should be no lag in trade signal to trade entry using a VPS in New York

Here is a screenshot of my VPS, as you can see, only 4 charts need to be open, 5M, 15M, 30M and 1H

Same on all 3 live accounts. I was going to set up 4 demo accounts to test the 4 risk levels but there was a problem with the disk space,

It wouldn't allow me to install anymore Metatrader 4 on the weekend; I wanted them to all start same time and same amount on Monday

They have resolved the problem, basically they dudded me on the allocation, and got caught out. Maybe this weekend if I still feel the need

Cheers, John

Offline The_Snowman

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2017, 09:18:26 AM »

It does not need sophisticated trading conditions or high execution speed, it works in any broker (ECN account recommended), and the computer resources needed to run the expert are very low. All pairs and timeframes recommended are handled from only four charts.

https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/5716#full_description

On edit and second thoughts: really, what trading method, manual or EA, would you not desire low spreads and fast execution?

If you are suffering with those, the options are clear, get a better broker

Offline artcool

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2017, 09:49:14 AM »
If you buy a license, I guess there is some kind of check of the account number. Usually it is done by a connection at a remote server. What happens if the developer stops paying his subscription to that server or just goes away ? Your EA cannot work anymore ?

Offline The_Snowman

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2017, 10:13:32 AM »
If you buy a license, I guess there is some kind of check of the account number. Usually it is done by a connection at a remote server. What happens if the developer stops paying his subscription to that server or just goes away ? Your EA cannot work anymore ?

Not sure if there is a real question there, or you are just putting your negative thoughts into the thread.

Realistically, this could be asked directly to the writer, coder, and owner of the EA

If in doubt, stay out, just like any trade  :)

Offline goodexp

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2017, 10:26:55 AM »

i meet many times,if you buy a EA from mql5 market,and the vendor disappeared or banned the product,
the page of the product can't visit anymore.but we can still download it from the page of purchases,can still work

Offline informer

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2017, 10:59:18 AM »
Thanks the Snowman , will look more into this ...
I guess it depends on each auto risk level and  returns  and DD expected per month base on starting account size to cover rental costs and make a profit ..

https://www.mql5.com  is down at the moment as as for broker accounts I do have accounts with IC Markets so that part is covered ...

Offline The_Snowman

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2017, 11:18:09 AM »
Thanks the Snowman , will look more into this ...
I guess it depends on each auto risk level and  returns  and DD expected per month base on starting account size to cover rental costs and make a profit ..

https://www.mql5.com  is down at the moment as as for broker accounts I do have accounts with IC Markets so that part is covered ...

Site seems fine to me

you can always check here

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/mql5.com.html

Offline artcool

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2017, 11:21:04 AM »

Not sure if there is a real question there, or you are just putting your negative thoughts into the thread.

Realistically, this could be asked directly to the writer, coder, and owner of the EA

If in doubt, stay out, just like any trade  :)

I don't know why, but you sound a bit aggressive in this thread.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Archer Asset Management by F1Maniac
[Today at 05:31:27 AM]

Re: Archer Asset Management by namrfigk
[Today at 05:26:25 AM]

Re: Archer Asset Management by namrfigk
[Today at 05:23:39 AM]

Re: Archer Asset Management by petersurrey
[Today at 05:19:20 AM]

Re: Archer Asset Management by Nasdaq100
[Today at 05:00:33 AM]