collapse

Author Topic: SFE Price Action EA  (Read 63195 times)

Offline outsidetheboxhk

• PAMM Fund Manager and Trade Copy Provider
  • Learn from your mistakes and do not give up!
    • Signal Start
Re: SFE Price Action EA
« Reply #360 on: September 27, 2018, 02:02:25 PM »
Jimmy's high risk account is not doing so well :(:-

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/jimmy8378/sfe-price-action-autolot-high/2188821

I never did restart this one in the end and I didn't actually make a profit from it - actually ate into the profits I'd made from other EAs.  No doubt it will prove to be successful long term, but I lost confidence.  Won't rule it out though for future use.

Yea from what I've seen the gains and recoveries are not nearly strong enough to be consistent and reliable.  Long periods of drawdowns.  You can find better manual / discretionary systems traded by real traders. 
AutoTrade, some of the top systems at SimpleTrader, etc.
I've given Jimmy's ideas / systems a real hard look, but it just doesn't cut the mustard for me.

--------------------------------------------------
Copy or Invest in my Strategy

DARWINEX
PSYQUATION
HotForex Copy / High Water Mark Performance Fees
Mt Cook Financial PAMM
HotForex PAMM

SignalStart
SimpleTrader
MQL5
----------------------------------------------------
Follow Outside the Box HK on

Instagram
TRADINGVIEW

Online stefanosb

« Reply #361 on: September 28, 2018, 08:18:00 AM »
Hi, for those who are running this bot, I often have different trades than the official account, 1 or 2 in 10, for example. I see it comparing myfxbook accounts. Is it normal?
Eas: Forex Trend Detector - Wall Street Forex Robot - Forex Diamond - Best Scalper - Best Free Scalper - Inertia Trader - Forex Real Profit - SFE Price Action

Online stefanosb

« Reply #362 on: October 29, 2018, 03:12:28 PM »
Is this EA still updated and followed by his seller? I see he doesn't answer to questions on mq5 site.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 09:13:38 PM by stefanosb »
Eas: Forex Trend Detector - Wall Street Forex Robot - Forex Diamond - Best Scalper - Best Free Scalper - Inertia Trader - Forex Real Profit - SFE Price Action

Online donbon2

« Reply #363 on: October 29, 2018, 10:04:02 PM »
in my mind - the day it was posted here - that was the absolute high that account achieved - since then it has been horrible performance... the vendor probably cant fix what is wrong with the EA - it is just the market condition causing the issue.

same as momentum H1 - that first month it made alot of money - but then it nosedived - thankfully just stopped using it.
Broker - IC Markets   VPS - Amazon EC2 + CNS  

EA:
Powerflow NZDCAD AUDUSD
PZ Hedging EA - PZ Averaging EA - PZ Grid

(on hold  Wall St Evo - VF2 - Best Scalper - Best Free Scalper)

News - Thomson Reuters Eikon
Trade Manager - Visual Trading Console for MT4
Trading Rebates - through CashBackFX
Trade Notification EA - TradeTalk from FX Blue - free
VPS - I recommend Amazon EC2 - if you qualify for a Broker Sponsored one get CNS
PZ Support/Resistance Indicator

Online stefanosb

« Reply #364 on: October 30, 2018, 01:06:44 PM »
Hi donbon2, I agree with you, market is not good for this kind of eas this year.

By the way, author posted this message on mq5 forum, i copy it here:Joel Juanpere 2018.10.30 10:58 #1947    IT
Hi,

I didn't work in forex last two months. I do all these EAs by myself, and this is not my main work, for this reason, sometimes I only can concentrate in my main work if I don't have free time, and I didn't had free time last weeks by personal reasons.

At same time this is not a good year for the EAs at least for the momemt. But is also true that the two main EAs, the SFE Price Action and the SFE Night Scalper, aren't in a critical situation, they are flat, therefore, for me don't exist a reason of big alarm, and I will continue using and developing these robots.

The kind of market of last months has been very difficult, not only for my robots, in general. Talking about the 'Price Action based family', as SFE Price Action is a more diversified robot, has hold these period quite well, while SFE F&F or SFE KISS have been more diffilculties and are in loses.

And the SFE Night Scalper has growth slowly last months, but also with very low DD in the way, so the result is not bad. In the SFE NS, a new version will be published soon, with default settings working with the same configuration as the current signal. The signal is using this new version already last months, and this version filter out some dangerous setups. Is still not published for this break I did, but I will begin to work again in all this.

And the difficulties of the 'price action family', can be an opportinity to improve the EAs in this kind of adverse environment. This don't mean that I will change the systems, means that I can find some dangerous patterns or conditions to filter out or adjust some parameters when this happens.

It's also a fact that the EURUSD pair, is developing well in general in the EAs, as we can see in the EURUSD signal. Therefore, study the option of use a more reduced selection of pairs, maybe the main crosses, can also be a thing to consider.

For all this, I'm not worried about the situation, I'm sure that there is a big chance of the big profits comes again, and with improved versions of the Eas.

Considering this stagnation period and the decrease of the popularity of the EAs, while the Eas don't return to his previous highs, I will reduce the price of the purchase at half price.

The current DD of the two main EAs aren't big, SFE Price Action is at 10% right now, and SFE Night Scalper is at 4%, for this reason I expect they will do new highs very soon.

Also the next days I will answer all the private messages of the last weeks. I and will come back the work on the EAs again :)

Online donbon2

« Reply #365 on: October 30, 2018, 10:19:08 PM »
Stefan I made the point in the other thread -- this EA is probably a prime candidate for use with EA Controller - so to filter out some of the stupid trades it makes -- which just gives away money.

from the authors thoughts is same as mine - it simply is the market and not too much reason to change because the market will eventually ... this is flawed thinking in my mind and not a good use of capital.

I have so many ideas on how to make things better - I hope we can make some progress soon with some EAs
Broker - IC Markets   VPS - Amazon EC2 + CNS  

EA:
Powerflow NZDCAD AUDUSD
PZ Hedging EA - PZ Averaging EA - PZ Grid

(on hold  Wall St Evo - VF2 - Best Scalper - Best Free Scalper)

News - Thomson Reuters Eikon
Trade Manager - Visual Trading Console for MT4
Trading Rebates - through CashBackFX
Trade Notification EA - TradeTalk from FX Blue - free
VPS - I recommend Amazon EC2 - if you qualify for a Broker Sponsored one get CNS
PZ Support/Resistance Indicator

Online stefanosb

« Reply #366 on: November 07, 2018, 09:14:48 AM »
seller increased the risk from LOW to HIGH, after the drawdown reachs 15%. I don't do the same, I hope this bot can be profitable without babysitting it.

Online stefanosb

« Reply #367 on: November 09, 2018, 07:37:35 AM »
I think seller on the official account do not use all 4 charts/timeframes, I have always more orders comparing to him. It can be a good strategy to reduce the risk, I'm wondering which are the timeframes less profitable.

Online stefanosb

« Reply #368 on: December 07, 2018, 09:06:56 AM »
an update (3.0) is available, now the bot trades only 5,15,30 minutes timeframes. I updated it, I hope with best results than now.

Online reinerh

« Reply #369 on: December 07, 2018, 04:13:29 PM »
an update (3.0) is available, now the bot trades only 5,15,30 minutes timeframes. I updated it, I hope with best results than now.

good luck, ever since 17 came around the party is simply over for sfe.

you cant beat the banks algos, period.

it might come back someday, but my own ea is also dead. its about capital preservation in order to fight another day with a better system.

Online stefanosb

« Reply #370 on: Yesterday at 01:02:50 PM »
we will see...

This is what the seller wrote on mq5 forum:

Joel Juanpere 2018.12.04 18:06 #1976    IT
Good news!

the new version 3.0 has been published. This versions comes with two great improvements:

- the improvement of the algorithm to determine the setup. Based in the observations of the movements last months, a good idea came to my mind and has been traduced to an improvement to avoid some potential bad setups. This has increased a lot the profit ratio of all the pairs / timeframes in general.

- a new selection of pairs and timeframes traded by default. While the 4 timeframes (M5,M15,M30,H1) has been very good along the years, seems that recent kind of movements, which aren't developing for more time, and happens very fast, has putted in problems the long timeframes. I mean, M30,H1 timeframes are experimenting more difficulties last months than usual. In the other side, fastest timeframes, M5, M15, are still in position of make good profits, even in this difficult market. For this reason, I decided to made a different selection of the default pairs / timeframes, based on this fact. M5 is the most uses timeframe now, and works well either now or in the past. M15 are still getting good results in all the years, and M30 - H1, have been very good in the past, but not not now. If we use M5, M15 as base, the EA shows big potential even in the current market, added the the previous commented improvement, results in a very high potential of profit.

I'm sure we will experiment the benefits of this version soon.

In this version, the pairs traded by default are:  16 on M5, 10 on M15, 2 on M30. And the autolot risk has been adjusted considering the new selection. So, the H1 timeframe is not needed by default.

Online Phynicle

« Reply #371 on: Yesterday at 10:06:28 PM »
Another 5% down today over 40% loss ytd.
Shutting it down sigh, so much money wasted

Offline outsidetheboxhk

• PAMM Fund Manager and Trade Copy Provider
  • Learn from your mistakes and do not give up!
    • Signal Start
« Reply #372 on: Yesterday at 11:30:46 PM »
Sorry to hear that.
99% of EA's and 99% of discretionary traders end up not being very consistent.
I have found a few though on SimpleTrader, Darwinex, MQL5, Hotforex Copy, AxiSelect, and ZuluTrade.
There are several key factors that will lead you in the right direction:

• Max drawdown considering the monthly profit
  • length of verified track record
  • ability to recover from drawdowns and length it takes to do reach new High Water Mark
  • communication of the trader managing the system
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:33:51 PM by outsidetheboxhk »

--------------------------------------------------
Copy or Invest in my Strategy

DARWINEX
PSYQUATION
HotForex Copy / High Water Mark Performance Fees
Mt Cook Financial PAMM
HotForex PAMM

SignalStart
SimpleTrader
MQL5