collapse

Author Topic: Stock Trader Pro (via mql5.com)  (Read 5329 times)

Offline Price Pays

• No custom title :)
Re: Stock Trader Pro (via mql5.com)
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2020, 07:12:40 PM »
This is a new operating mode designed for long-term investment and capital accumulation. The main idea of this mode: Buy and Hold. In this set of settings, trades are opened on dips without SL, and they are closed by TP or Trailing Stop. Thus, there are always open trades and a floating drawdown is possible.

Very nice idea. I certainly like.
What's the plan when the market tanks 30-40%?
Only price pays!

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2020, 10:11:34 PM »
This is a new operating mode designed for long-term investment and capital accumulation. The main idea of this mode: Buy and Hold. In this set of settings, trades are opened on dips without SL, and they are closed by TP or Trailing Stop. Thus, there are always open trades and a floating drawdown is possible.

system will have nearly 20-30% float dd, but a lot of trades will be opened at the dip and system will get a good profit :) i have tested this scenario :)

Offline Price Pays

• No custom title :)
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2020, 10:15:08 AM »

system will have nearly 20-30% float dd, but a lot of trades will be opened at the dip and system will get a good profit :) i have tested this scenario :)

Very interesting. Thank you for your responds. I will follow your work with interest.
Only price pays!

Offline FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2020, 05:01:19 PM »
The new sets, version 1.1, have been reoptimised to deal better with the situation in March. I have done some comparison backtests. Still, you would get a significant dip in your P/L. There is no avoiding that with a dip buying strategy when the dip is much worse than it usually is. As long as it does not happen too often, long term it should work out.

On the 1.1 backtests there seems to be a max DD of slightly over 10%. That is closed DD (balance), open DD (equity) may have been more (most likely the case).

So that does not seem so bad. I would have expected it to be worse, as most individual stock backtests show some losses in a row in March 2020. I would certainly not expect that you could not get a worse DD than 10% in the future.

Offline FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2020, 08:15:31 PM »
I did my own backtest on MT4 with just the stocks I can trade in MT4 with Admiral (13 stocks). January to June 2020. Just to check out the March drawdown in detail (note it would be a little bit more with all the stocks). Here you go:

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2020, 10:20:48 AM »
I did my own backtest on MT4 with just the stocks I can trade in MT4 with Admiral (13 stocks). January to June 2020. Just to check out the March drawdown in detail (note it would be a little bit more with all the stocks). Here you go:

At live results was much more better. Did you use for backtesting separate presets for each share? All stocks have different presets. You can download it at the attachments :)

Offline Megabot

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2020, 04:34:06 PM »
Is it possible to view the backtest performance for the period prior to the trump?
2012-2013-2014-2015 would be great.

Using the same preset that is being used now with 2016-2017-2018-2019-2020

I am interested to see how this EA strategy has performed when the market was not so extremely bullish the way it has become
when trump came in, since this EA seems to buy only.

Thank you

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2020, 05:42:08 PM »
Is it possible to view the backtest performance for the period prior to the trump?
2012-2013-2014-2015 would be great.

Using the same preset that is being used now with 2016-2017-2018-2019-2020

I am interested to see how this EA strategy has performed when the market was not so extremely bullish the way it has become
when trump came in, since this EA seems to buy only.

Thank you

Hi, here are backtests since 2008-2010.

Offline FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2020, 12:25:45 PM »

At live results was much more better. Did you use for backtesting separate presets for each share? All stocks have different presets. You can download it at the attachments :)

Yes, I did. On MT4, not MT5.

As far as I am aware this was not running live yet in March on any account?

EDIT: Note these are only 13 stocks, not all you have set files for.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 01:55:42 PM by FLechdrop »

Offline FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2020, 01:56:28 PM »
Here is a bit of a longer term backtest, with 2% risk instead of the standard 1%. Again, only 13 stocks.

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2020, 05:48:39 PM »

Yes, I did. On MT4, not MT5.

As far as I am aware this was not running live yet in March on any account?

EDIT: Note these are only 13 stocks, not all you have set files for.

EA have been presented at April :)

Very good profit today:

« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 05:58:38 PM by ivanvp »

Offline drunkfx

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2020, 07:34:05 AM »
Nice, can I use this EA for indices like DAX and bonds? Or does it need high volatility to work correctly?

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2020, 08:55:58 AM »
Nice, can I use this EA for indices like DAX and bonds? Or does it need high volatility to work correctly?

Hi, you can, but i didn't optimize it for DAX and EU shares. Better to use system with the high volatility markets. But i know that one my client use EA for Brazilian market and have good results.

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2020, 07:03:40 PM »
Dear friends,

I have maken additional 5 copies of Stock Trader Pro by price $750, since not all of my clients had time to purchase the system. As I know, some Donna's members going to purchase system too. Now is a best time ;)

MT4 version: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/40831
MT5 version: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/36161

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: SymbiosisEA (via mql5.com) by Humble Trader's Fx
[Today at 12:06:16 AM]

Re: SymbiosisEA (via mql5.com) by alstoner
[Yesterday at 10:30:43 PM]

Re: forex cyborg by Humble Trader's Fx
[Yesterday at 10:01:42 PM]

Re: Bitcoin Discussion by Eliza Abrams
[Yesterday at 03:35:00 PM]