collapse

Author Topic: forex cyborg  (Read 132039 times)

Offline impifx

Re: forex cyborg
« Reply #405 on: February 28, 2020, 12:21:26 PM »
5 stops in one day  >:( :( :(

Offline Humble Trader's Fx

• Global Moderator
« Reply #406 on: February 28, 2020, 12:40:14 PM »
In the settings manual, the author does mention the following :

Forex Cyborg has built in GMT functions so you do NOT need to change the trading hours this is done for you automatically.

However, I'm left questioning what Humble mentioned before, the VPS I own is on GMT -5 whilst my timezone is GMT +2. Will that effect the settings for the EA or will it run normally?

Thanks in advance

Hello.

I have asked Paul of Cyborg to come and clarify this for us.

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Offline bcristea

« Reply #407 on: February 28, 2020, 04:06:43 PM »
Just my luck, first day on the bot and it closes 5 trades on minus 1k :)

No offense intended, just a funny story

• Global Moderator
« Reply #408 on: February 28, 2020, 05:20:02 PM »
Just my luck, first day on the bot and it closes 5 trades on minus 1k :)

No offense intended, just a funny story

If its any consolation, that is how much I lost the first day because of the timing issue I mentioned earlier.

Regards,
Humble Trader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Offline laracroft

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #409 on: February 28, 2020, 05:26:53 PM »
I also had 6 SL on my account.
Perhaps all night scalpers should be suspended.
Markets have gone mad because of coronavirus. Just look at the S&P 500: 7 consecutive sessions in strong loss

Offline ForexCyborg

« Reply #410 on: February 28, 2020, 10:07:57 PM »
Hello guys,

first regarding the GMT setting: Always check that the calculation is correct. The MT4 function that is used (the only that is available) depends on your local VPS time and therefore it can be wrong.
Normally (in 99% of my clients) the automatic calculation is correct.

Regarding the last trading session: Heavy movements of almost all currencies that all started right before the beginning of the asian session. It's the worst situation that could appear. As you can see in the reference account, we had the losses too:

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/forexcyborg/forex-cyborg-darwinex/2184469

At least the market closing session was good and recovered over 3 % already.
So once again patience is needed to give Forex Cyborg time to recover.

For those that want to avoid the risk, can shut down the trading currently. The markets are very twitchy currently.
https://forexbenchmark.com -
Unbiased comparison of forex brokers and expert advisors (EA). Detailed EA reviews, analytic informations and education articles

Offline bcristea

« Reply #411 on: February 29, 2020, 08:52:37 AM »
Hi and thanks for the quick reply.

I can confirm that the EA adjusted the GMT settings automatically on the VPS , hurray!

Keep up the good work!

Offline Keysen Johnson

« Reply #412 on: March 06, 2020, 04:10:41 PM »
good stats and I like that vendor is around to answer questions ..........
consider to use this in the future....... thanks.....

Offline ForexCyborg

« Reply #413 on: March 18, 2020, 11:49:48 AM »
Hello guys,

In case you didn't received the "Update available" notification email, I just wanted to announce it here too.

v2.01 (stable) is now ready for download. Just write a email to support@forexcyborg.com to get the download link.

Because of the current market condition we added a S&P 500 crash filter in this version. It will prevent trading in case the market has such big movements like we see currently. This filter would have avoid trading during the last drawdown. On the other side, we would have nearly no trades the past weeks.

I decided not to enable this filter on the Darwinex account, because I already started to trade this turbulent market and think that we will have good chances to recover soon too. We already made +15,4% this week on the Darwinex-account here (only 8.33% DD to go):

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/forexcyborg/forex-cyborg-darwinex/2184469

However I will open a new account using the new version with the default settings + S&P crash filter to see how this will work out.

I recommend that all users (v1.x and v2 beta) should update to this new version.
Unbiased comparison of forex brokers and expert advisors (EA). Detailed EA reviews, analytic informations and education articles

Offline peter_s

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #414 on: March 18, 2020, 12:00:30 PM »
Incredible recovery..well done! Is the S&P filter optional? As I said, you never have two consecutive losing months...yet..;)

• Global Moderator
« Reply #415 on: March 18, 2020, 01:15:00 PM »
Incredible recovery..well done! Is the S&P filter optional? As I said, you never have two consecutive losing months...yet..;)

One of the best EA's everywhere!

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Offline ForexCyborg

« Reply #416 on: March 18, 2020, 02:24:45 PM »

Thank you very much and I hope we can soon talk about only one consecutive month per (half-)year  ;D

And yes it's optional.

Offline ForexCyborg

« Reply #417 on: March 18, 2020, 02:25:23 PM »

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Thank you very much for your kind words!

• Global Moderator
« Reply #418 on: March 18, 2020, 03:34:39 PM »

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Hello, Paul.

Can you give us a bit more information on the S&P, filter? Do you have to make that entry on each currency pair, a single pair, or open an SPX500, chart?
For instance, I opened an SPX500,  chart and the EA would not attach.

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Offline ForexCyborg

« Reply #419 on: March 18, 2020, 03:40:53 PM »

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Hello, Paul.

Can you give us a bit more information on the S&P, filter? Do you have to make that entry on each currency pair, a single pair, or open an SPX500, chart?
For instance, I opened an SPX500,  chart and the EA would not attach.

Regards,
HumbleTrader

You have to enter the symbol name of the S&P500 symbol (for example SPX500) into the EA settings, where you want to use S&P500 crash filter.
If you want to use it on all pairs, than you have to set this on all charts. You don't have to open a SPX500 chart or try to attach it there.

Forex Cyborg will determine if there was a movement >2% in the past 2 hours in this symbol. If yes, it will not allow to open a new trade.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: forex cyborg by Humble Trader's Fx
[Yesterday at 11:59:00 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[Yesterday at 02:53:03 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by fxopen78
[Yesterday at 01:11:45 AM]

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[September 17, 2020, 03:18:33 PM]

Re: FX Autotrader Elite by diyforexskills
[September 17, 2020, 09:43:34 AM]