collapse

Author Topic: forex cyborg  (Read 132063 times)

Offline laracroft

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
Re: forex cyborg
« Reply #420 on: March 19, 2020, 04:05:55 PM »
@ nwboater

I sent you a private message

Offline laracroft

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #421 on: March 19, 2020, 04:23:06 PM »
Great Forex Cyborg results on my real ICMARKETS account (3.5% risk on 20 pairs):

This Month   +27.8%  :)

Maybe it's time to drop the risk to 2% as the market is very volatile

Offline ForexCyborg

« Reply #422 on: March 20, 2020, 09:06:27 AM »
Great Forex Cyborg results on my real ICMARKETS account (3.5% risk on 20 pairs):

Great results.
There are a few brokers that perform currently better than Darwinex (like IC Markets).
The average spreads are currently much higher around the asian session. Normally it's a sign of limited liquidity -> Higher risk.
So drop the risk could be a good idea.
https://forexbenchmark.com -
Unbiased comparison of forex brokers and expert advisors (EA). Detailed EA reviews, analytic informations and education articles

Offline Humble Trader's Fx

• Global Moderator
« Reply #423 on: March 20, 2020, 09:19:04 AM »

Great results.
There are a few brokers that perform currently better than Darwinex (like IC Markets).
The average spreads are currently much higher around the asian session. Normally it's a sign of limited liquidity -> Higher risk.

Hi Paul.

From the way I see, Cyborg likes big moves and the filter might not be as good an idea but rather the second option of lowering risk.
Have you installed the SPX500 filter on your Darwinex account because as I have added the filter, I have had no trades and you have had some?

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Offline ForexCyborg

« Reply #424 on: March 20, 2020, 09:52:46 AM »

Great results.

Hi Paul.

From the way I see, Cyborg likes big moves and the filter might not be as good an idea but rather the second option of lowering risk.
Have you installed the SPX500 filter on your Darwinex account because as I have added the filter, I have had no trades and you have had some?

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Hi HumbleTrader,

The filter is for those that like to stay as safe as possible without any manually intervention.
The situation "Movement of >2% in the past two hours on the S&P 500 index" was like once in a half year before the current crash. Currently we have this every day.
So yes it's correct that Forex Cyborg will not trade currently if you enable it. That is up to you, if you like take the risk to trade at the current market conditions.

Regarding the Darwinex account, I already wrote:
"I decided not to enable this filter on the Darwinex account, because I already started to trade this turbulent market and think that we will have good chances to recover soon too.

However I will open a new account using the new version with the default settings + S&P crash filter to see how this will work out."

Best regards,
Forex Cyborg Team
Unbiased comparison of forex brokers and expert advisors (EA). Detailed EA reviews, analytic informations and education articles

Offline energetic

« Reply #425 on: March 21, 2020, 03:45:44 AM »
which other brokers performs better than icm?

Great results.

Offline ForexCyborg

« Reply #426 on: March 24, 2020, 10:08:33 AM »
which other brokers performs better than icm?

Great results.

Hello energetic,

There is not only one broker out there that will be the best all the time.
I had many brokers that worked very good for a few months / over a year and than started to get bad.
Many brokers changing the LP over the time and by this the spreads + execution change.

I have a other brokers that are as good as IC Markets, but sometimes they are worse, sometimes they are better.
If someone is searching for a new broker, than simple write me a email at support@forexcyborg.com
I will tell you there why I wouldn't choose IC Markets for my own trading.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

For the first time in the last 3 years I decided to stop trading for the next days / weeks.
The reason is, that the spreads are going to a abnormal level.

Here is a pictures that is showing how bad they are currently at the important trading time (22:00-02:00):

As you can see they "explode" since this month. This is happening at all brokers.

Offline laracroft

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #427 on: March 31, 2020, 03:50:31 PM »
After stopping the trading, as recommended by the Forex Cyborg creator, last night I activated the EA again on my real ICMARKETS account with 1 microlot
  It is true that spreads are high. As seen on the forexbenckmark website, on ICMARKETS the average spread on the main pairs in the time from 23:59 to 01:00 is about 9 pips
However this night (between 30 and 31 March 2020) I had 10 trades with a gain of +105.0 pips.
On the same night on the forexgermany GLOBAL PRIME account there were 8 trades with + 44.30 pips
Why does ICMARKETS trading continue to perform well even if the spreads are very high?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 03:52:38 PM by laracroft »

Offline peter_s

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #428 on: April 01, 2020, 05:16:02 AM »
After stopping the trading, as recommended by the Forex Cyborg creator, last night I activated the EA again on my real ICMARKETS account with 1 microlot
  It is true that spreads are high. As seen on the forexbenckmark website, on ICMARKETS the average spread on the main pairs in the time from 23:59 to 01:00 is about 9 pips
However this night (between 30 and 31 March 2020) I had 10 trades with a gain of +105.0 pips.
On the same night on the forexgermany GLOBAL PRIME account there were 8 trades with + 44.30 pips
Why does ICMARKETS trading continue to perform well even if the spreads are very high?

..quality of data - they have the best LPs and execution....

Offline vidagig

« Reply #429 on: April 01, 2020, 09:00:27 AM »
Hi Paul

I note the 'Reference Accounts' have been paused since 23/24 March (8 days): This negates their important purpose, usefulness, value and validity.

- Reference accounts should run uninterrupted; untouched (without manual intervention); and unchanged (e.g. risk level; and possibly system version) and have a nominal balance (so they can't incur meaningful losses) - whereas the Darwinex account has EUR 14k at risk since a recent EUR 7k withdrawal on 12 March (after the early March losses).

- The FXPig account's last 2 trades look very odd: Both in quick succession on GBPNZD (1st trades ever on this pair) - 3 x bigger than average trade size, with no SL - this looks like (successful albeit risky) manual intervention to recover losses.
This may be ok for manual management of a personal account but defeats (and negates) the purpose & value of Reference Accounts.

- Interestingly ForexGermany - that has continued to run is steadily recovering from the early March losses.

- I'd suggest the balances of the Reference Accounts be reduced to a nominal e.g. EUR 1k and they be restarted ASAP and allowed to run untouched and unchanged (e.g. risk level) - to preserve their validity and purpose.

( I note that MyFXBook's stats e.g 'Gain' and the 'Growth' Chart are designed to be unaffected by account withdrawals and deposits)

Thanks again for your great work and excellent support.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 09:15:58 AM by vidagig »

• Global Moderator
« Reply #430 on: April 16, 2020, 09:37:40 PM »
Hello, Paul.

Any indication when you will turn on your Darwinex live accounts(s).

While you are in isolation like the rest of us, can you look into finding a way that you can have Cyborg change all parameters based on one .set file? I like to adjust the percent risk (%) on what I see taking place in fx each day or several days, and changing this on all pairs, is a pain: I remember having used such an EA some time ago but I can't remember which one.

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Offline mauricejac

« Reply #431 on: April 16, 2020, 10:09:47 PM »
Hello, Paul.

While you are in isolation like the rest of us, can you look into finding a way that you can have Cyborg change all parameters based on one .set file? I like to adjust the percent risk (%) on what I see taking place in fx each day or several days, and changing this on all pairs, is a pain: I remember having used such an EA some time ago but I can't remember which one.

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Hi, if you have an account on FXBLUE, you can download "FX Blue Chart Quick-Tools for MT4" for free, and use the script: Apply Chart As Template
Regards

• Global Moderator
« Reply #432 on: April 16, 2020, 10:30:19 PM »
Hello, Paul.

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Hi, if you have an account on FXBLUE, you can download "FX Blue Chart Quick-Tools for MT4" for free, and use the script: Apply Chart As Template
Regards

Thanks for the info.

Regards,
Humble Trader

Offline laracroft

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #433 on: April 18, 2020, 09:15:17 AM »
Since the beginning of this month I have been using Forex Cyborg on real ICMARKETS account with the exclusion of trading on Friday and reduced risk (risk 1%) compared to the risk previously adopted (risk 3.5%)
This month's results: 59 trades, +138 pips and + 1.37% gain
Last Thursday there were some SL driven by a strong boost at the start of the Asian session.
From what was the strong impulse determined?

Offline ForexCyborg

« Reply #434 on: April 19, 2020, 02:52:21 PM »
Hello everyone,

I will start trading again.

@laracroft:

There was a speech of Trump

Have a great start into the new week!

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: forex cyborg by Humble Trader's Fx
[Yesterday at 11:59:00 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[Yesterday at 02:53:03 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by fxopen78
[Yesterday at 01:11:45 AM]

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[September 17, 2020, 03:18:33 PM]

Re: FX Autotrader Elite by diyforexskills
[September 17, 2020, 09:43:34 AM]