collapse

Author Topic: forex cyborg  (Read 141046 times)

Online ForexCyborg

Re: forex cyborg
« Reply #465 on: August 31, 2020, 02:14:17 PM »
Hello Paul.

During my request for an account change, you mentioned an upcoming update. Do you have a possible date for such a release and what feature updates we can expect?

I am using your Density Scalper with Cyborg as you know, which I find to be phenomenal, especially with the low DD from Density. My question is this:

If I want to keep to this low DD, of Density, but want to increase my monthly return by using Cyborg, would my selecting the most profitable pairs for Cyborg (CHFJPY, EURJPY, AUDCAD, EURCAD, USDCAD, USDJPY, EURAUD, GBPAUD, AUDCHF) and lowering the risk setting help me achieve this?

Regards,
HumbleTrader

I just want to second the (to me surprisingly) stable performance of Density Scalper. To test it out a bit I have been running this on multiple brokers (not all ideal places for them) to see how it goes. See below the results 7/27/2020 to 8/28/2020. I know it is still early in my trading, but it is what I have so I figured I would share:
  • ICMarkets: all pairs in the green, 71% of trades winners, 66 trades, expectancy 1.8 pips, 121.9 pips gained, total gains 1.51% vs. 0.34% max DD
  • GlobalPrime: all pairs positive, 79% of trades winners, 57 trades, expectancy 3.4 pips, 192.7 pips gained, total gain 5.57% vs. 0.42% max DD
  • AYC Securities: All pairs except EUR/CHF profitable, 74% winners, 62 trades, expectancy 2.3 pips, 144.1 pips gained, total gain 4.14% vs. 0.71% max DD
  • compared to the public Pepperstone same period: all pairs but USDCHF profitable, 76% winners, 71 trades, 2.1 pips expectancy, total gain 2.42% vs. 0.92% max DD
So all in all, pretty solid performance. I just wonder if I could safely increase the trading volume a bit or if I just have not seen a bad period. It seem a lot of the higher DDs where early in the backtesting when spreads in the market were simply higher as well.

Hello Byte,
Thank you for your feedback!

We had a quite stable performance the past 18 months on the live account. Only max. 3% per 200-250 (So around 6-7 max. DD)
The backtests up from 2010 showing a max. DD of $35 if you running all recommended pairs with 0.01 lot.
The highest DD was in 2008 with $50 per 0.01 lot.
So we didnt saw a higher DD yet on the live account.

However there are a few safety features on the live account running, that are not considered in the backtests:

1.) The Breaking news Filter EA: we offer a additional EA that is parsing different forex news sites and try to find (not announced) news that could lead to big movements (like brexit news). The backtests only consider the announced news that are in the normal forex calendar.
2.) Multiple position of the same currency are blocked (like I implement it in Forex Cyborg) to minimize the risk. In the backtests you are only able to test one pair at the same time.
3.) Stock crash filter: it does not happen very often, but in case of a bigger movement inside the US500 symbol, we block the trading.

This features can lead to a much lower live account DD.
But as long as we dont have any statistic number, we can only tell the max. DD of $35-$50 based on the backtests.

I hope that helps you

Hello Paul.

Thank you for the info. However, it is not made clear if you are referring to Cyborg only or both Cyborg and Density.

To keep things simple for me and some of the members here, I would like to know what the lot size(s) would be per 1k account running both Cyborg and Density for a max DD of 10%, 20%, 30% etc. You might also be included a list of the most profitable pairs of each EA or both together. I am not asking for guarantees of any kind and I don't think  anyone here is, but just your knowledgeable guidance.

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Hello HumbleTrader,

first of all, the last post was referring to density scalper. It was a reply to Byte's post.

And yes sure, I will try to help you with the risk settings.

In general all risk recommendation settings are based on backtests (which are highly optimized) and are there as a guidance. Everyone has to manage the risk on his own at the end.

- Forex Cyborg:
Based on the backtests the highest DD was about $70 per 0.01 lot if you would trade all pairs at the same time (without the correlation manager, that block multiple positions of the same currency. This one can't be backtested)

So the lot size for max. DD on a $1k account account would be:
10% = 0.01 - 0.02 lot
20% = 0.03 lot
30% = 0.05 lot

You can use the setting "MM Type" = "Percent of balance" here. In that case "MM Type" of "1.0" will calculate 0.01 per 1k balance.

- Density Scalper
He had his max. DD in 2008 with $50 per 0.01 lot. The highest DD in the past 10 years war only $35 per 0.01 lot.
If we calculate the lot size based on this lower DD, you could simply double the numbers of Forex Cyborg. Max DD on a 1k account:

10% = 0.03 lot
20% = 0.06 lot
30% = 0.09-0.10 lot

If you run both EAs on the same account, there is no guarantee that they will have or not have a DD at the same point.
What I do is simply reducing the overall risk by 25-50% on each pair. If you want to be very cautious, than better choose 50%. I choose mostly 30%. So instead of using 0.10 lot on each chart, I would choose 0.07 lot.

I hope that informations help you guys.

Beside this I would recommend to run the EAs on a own MT4 instance for each EA, if your VPS has more than one core. Each MetaTrader 4 is running on a single core. Inside the MetaTrader instance it will calculate each chart in a own thread. But sometimes, especially if there are multiple ticks and in case you got a slow CPU (what the most VPS provider use), it could happen that MetaTrader will not be able to calculate all charts in the time between two ticks.

https://forexbenchmark.com -
Unbiased comparison of forex brokers and expert advisors (EA). Detailed EA reviews, analytic informations and education articles

Offline Humble Trader's Fx

• Global Moderator
« Reply #466 on: August 31, 2020, 04:12:30 PM »
Besides this, I would recommend running the EAs on an own MT4 instance for each EA, if your VPS has more than one core. Each MetaTrader 4 is running on a single core. Inside the MetaTrader instance, it will calculate each chart in a own thread. But sometimes, especially if there are multiple ticks and in case you got a slow CPU (what the most VPS provider use), it could happen that MetaTrader will not be able to calculate all charts in the time between two ticks.

Thank you very much Paul, this will help us.

Your last statement about the VPS core is interesting and I want to make sure I understand what you are statting: Would you, therefore, recommend that we pay a little more for our VPS's and increase the number of cores available to the Mt4 platforms? I mean based on our investment of equity and the percent we hope to gain using the EA's, it would be a smart move (investment) to spend a little more on speed and get a higher return from the EA's, in the long run, if that makes sense?

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Offline xozozo

« Reply #467 on: August 31, 2020, 10:49:27 PM »
Thanks Paul

• Global Moderator
« Reply #468 on: September 01, 2020, 09:20:09 AM »
Besides this, I would recommend running the EAs on an own MT4 instance for each EA, if your VPS has more than one core. Each MetaTrader 4 is running on a single core. Inside the MetaTrader instance, it will calculate each chart in a own thread. But sometimes, especially if there are multiple ticks and in case you got a slow CPU (what the most VPS provider use), it could happen that MetaTrader will not be able to calculate all charts in the time between two ticks.

Thank you very much, Paul, this will help us.

Your last statement about the VPS core is interesting and I want to make sure I understand what you are statting: Would you, therefore, recommend that we pay a little more for our VPS's and increase the number of cores available to the Mt4 platforms? I mean based on our investment of equity and the percent we hope to gain using the EA's, it would be a smart move (investment) to spend a little more on speed and get a higher return from the EA's, in the long run, if that makes sense?

Regards,
HumbleTrader

On the subject of speeding up the MT4 platform, I did a little research and found many sources in achieving this. By no means am I trying to promote this Utube video but if you Paul, have a look, would you agree or recommend we tweak our platforms such as recommended here or is there a step which will interfere with Cyborg or DS's needs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xr-xEeBJoc

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #469 on: September 18, 2020, 11:59:00 PM »

Thank you very much, Paul, this will help us.

Regards,
HumbleTrader

I have since had a few pm's from, members suggesting ways to speed up our EA processing. One such useful tutorial is as follows, any other suggestions would be welcomed.

I would also like Pau;'s input on what would be the ideal minimum bars required by both DS and Cyborg, since reducing the number of bars and logs is one of the most common ways to reduce RAM drag.

Regards,
HumbleTrader

On the subject of speeding up the MT4 platform, I did a little research and found many sources in achieving this. By no means am I trying to promote this Utube video but if you Paul, have a look, would you agree or recommend we tweak our platforms such as recommended here or is there a step which will interfere with Cyborg or DS's needs?

I would also like you to comment on the recommendation made by the speaker about programming the EAs to use fewer resources by charts rather than by accessing symbol data, rather than charts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcy8nxiypo4

Regards,
HumbleTrader
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 12:22:06 AM by Humble Trader's Fx »

Online ForexCyborg

« Reply #470 on: September 20, 2020, 11:02:46 PM »
Hello HumbleTrader,

I viewed the video and I think the tipps will bring no speed up using EAs (maybe some very little improvement when reducing the bar count, but that really doesn't matter)

At the end my only recommendation in this area is to use a one CPU core per MT4 instance on your VPS. And try not to use multiple EAs in the same MT4 instance.
The reason:
MT4 will calculate each chart on every tick and is only able to use a single CPU core. Sometimes we get more than one tick in a second. The higher the EA count (= higher chart count) in a single MT4 instance, the higher the chance that not every chart is calculated until the next tick appear. And this can lead to missing entry/exit signals.

I hope that makes sense for you.

Best regards,
Paul, GerFX Team
Unbiased comparison of forex brokers and expert advisors (EA). Detailed EA reviews, analytic informations and education articles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #471 on: September 20, 2020, 11:53:37 PM »
Hello HumbleTrader,

I viewed the video and I think the tipps will bring no speed up using EAs (maybe some very little improvement when reducing the bar count, but that really doesn't matter)

At the end my only recommendation in this area is to use a one CPU core per MT4 instance on your VPS. And try not to use multiple EAs in the same MT4 instance.
The reason:
MT4 will calculate each chart on every tick and is only able to use a single CPU core. Sometimes we get more than one tick in a second. The higher the EA count (= higher chart count) in a single MT4 instance, the higher the chance that not every chart is calculated until the next tick appear. And this can lead to missing entry/exit signals.

Best regards,
Paul, GerFX Team
[/quotte]

Thank you Paul for your support.

I have already upgraded to a 4 core VPS since I am running two separate broker accounts and 2 instances of each Mt4, having devided my EA's (Cyborg and DS) in their own instance.
I asked support to allocate one instance to each core and they responded that Windows does this balancing automatically.

Well, I guess there isn't much more we can do, except monitor the EA's successes.  ;)

If you have another EA which will complement DS and Cyborg with high returns and low DD, bring it to our attention.

Regards,,
HumbleTrader

Offline AdamA

« Reply #472 on: September 24, 2020, 12:41:04 PM »
How embarrassing.

Online ForexCyborg

« Reply #473 on: September 24, 2020, 02:54:32 PM »

Offline xozozo

« Reply #474 on: September 24, 2020, 03:17:46 PM »
Hello HumbleTrader,

The reason:

Best regards,
Paul, GerFX Team
[/quotte]

I have already upgraded to a 4 core VPS since I am running two separate broker accounts and 2 instances of each Mt4, having devided my EA's (Cyborg and DS) in their own instance.
I asked support to allocate one instance to each core and they responded that Windows does this balancing automatically.

Well, I guess there isn't much more we can do, except monitor the EA's successes.  ;)

If you have another EA which will complement DS and Cyborg with high returns and low DD, bring it to our attention.

Regards,,
HumbleTrader

I've been keeping an eye on Deltawave for the last few weeks, looks like it could be a decent addition.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #475 on: September 24, 2020, 03:21:37 PM »
Hello HumbleTrader,

The reason:

Best regards,
Paul, GerFX Team
[/quotte]

Regards,,
HumbleTrader

I've been keeping an eye on Deltawave for the last few weeks, looks like it could be a decent addition.

Thanks, Xozozo.

What do you say Paul, is Delta something worth considerring and how different is it in terms of strategy which would complement the other two, DS and Cyborg?

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Online ForexCyborg

« Reply #476 on: September 24, 2020, 04:47:15 PM »
Yes, DeltaWave could be a decent addition.
It's our lastest published development and therefore the account history is quite short.

The good thing is, that the average pip target is relative high for a scalper (even a bit higher than Cyborg) and because of that it's not very broker sensitive.
The disadvantage is that it opens only 25 trades per month (compared to 65 trader per month generated by Cyborg) and if you use Cyborg at the same time it can happen that both strategies could have similar positions.

You can rent it for 1-3 months and test it on your own, if you like.

A better additional EA for a portfolio with DS+Cyborg would be Momentum Capture in my view. It trade strong movements/breakouts and performs at best, when we have a high volatility (while the asian scalper prefer slower markets)

Best regards,
Paul, GerFX Team

• Global Moderator
« Reply #477 on: September 24, 2020, 05:35:26 PM »
It's our lastest published development and therefore the account history is quite short.

The good thing is, that the average pip target is relative high for a scalper (even a bit higher than Cyborg) and because of that it's not very broker sensitive.
The disadvantage is that it opens only 25 trades per month (compared to 65 trader per month generated by Cyborg) and if you use Cyborg at the same time it can happen that both strategies could have similar positions.

A better additional EA for a portfolio with DS+Cyborg would be Momentum Capture in my view. It trade strong movements/breakouts and performs at best, when we have a high volatility (while the asian scalper prefer slower markets)

Best regards,
Paul, GerFX Team

Thanks Paul.

Anyone else here is using  Momentum Capture? Any experience with this?

Do we still get the 10% discount, Paul?

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Online ForexCyborg

« Reply #478 on: September 24, 2020, 08:50:31 PM »

Best regards,
Paul, GerFX Team

Thanks Paul.

Anyone else here is using  Momentum Capture? Any experience with this?

Do we still get the 10% discount, Paul?

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Hello HumbleTrader,

Yes sure, just send me a email / message.

Offline alstoner

« Reply #479 on: September 30, 2020, 09:52:53 PM »
Hi Paul, any thoughts on disabling the GBP pairs now that Brexit talks are back on the horizon? Noticed that they've been the worst performing pairs this yr on your accounts. But not sure if the latest April update with the votility filter would have prevented some of those march losses.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Bitcoin Discussion by oportunis
[Yesterday at 05:23:32 PM]

Re: How can I learn Forex? by Eliza Abrams
[Yesterday at 04:01:26 PM]

Re: Bitcoin Discussion by Eliza Abrams
[Yesterday at 03:54:56 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[Yesterday at 03:49:32 PM]

Re: Forex Fury EA by oportunis