collapse

Author Topic: Bitcoin Discussion  (Read 184562 times)

Offline Eliza Abrams

Re: Bitcoin Discussion
« Reply #765 on: October 13, 2020, 09:45:05 AM »
Kate Winslet will produce and star in a new movie about OneCoin the notorious Ponzi style crypto scam that defrauded investors of some 5,15 billion USD.

Fake! will be produced for Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and will be directed by Scott Z. Burns, who also will write the script.

OneCoin, which was founded in Bulgaria back in 2014, worked as multilevel marketing scheme, where investors were offered a revolutionary new crypto currency -  OneCoin, which was advertised as Bitcoin killer. In just a few years the OneCoin promoters attracted over 5 billion USD from investors all over the world - form the U.S. to China and from the UK to Uganda.

Offline Humble Trader's Fx

• Global Moderator
« Reply #766 on: October 13, 2020, 02:38:29 PM »
Kate Winslet will produce and star in a new movie about OneCoin – the notorious Ponzi style crypto scam that defrauded investors of some 5,15 billion USD.

‘Fake!’ will be produced for Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and will be directed by Scott Z. Burns, who also will write the script.

OneCoin, which was founded in Bulgaria back in 2014, worked as multilevel marketing scheme, where investors were offered a “revolutionary” new crypto currency -  OneCoin, which was advertised as “Bitcoin killer”. In just a few years the OneCoin promoters attracted over 5 billion USD from investors all over the world - form the U.S. to China and from the UK to Uganda.

One day we will look back at all these "crypro" fads and ask why; how could people be so gaulible?  ::)

Regards,
HumbleTrader
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 11:10:09 AM by Humble Trader's Fx »
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Offline drunkfx

« Reply #767 on: October 14, 2020, 07:41:14 AM »
Unfortunately many wanna-be investors are either don't realize that there is positive relationship between expected returns and  risk (or simply ignore this matter) or intentionally take high risk simply to try their luck. I think it is still possible to invest in Ponzi projects like OneCoin (because early participants are still winners) but we have to allocate small amount of capital to such ventures.

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #768 on: October 22, 2020, 03:17:34 PM »
Hopefully this movie will be popular enough to open the eyes of least some people, when it comes to Ponzi schemes.

Offline Humble Trader's Fx

• Global Moderator
« Reply #769 on: October 22, 2020, 03:44:58 PM »
Hopefully this movie will be popular enough to open the eyes of least some people, when it comes to Ponzi schemes.

I am looking for "serious" investors to fund an expedition to the Antarctic. The mission will be to drill for ice. The ice formed during the time after Noah's Ark landed on the "mountains of Ararat." This ice will be sold to all Bitcoin enthusiasts ( Mulitibillionairs) to chill their Champagne when they toast to BTC's 1 million dollar target.

"A limited time offer"!.............

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #770 on: October 23, 2020, 03:35:00 PM »
The United States Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) has introduced a novel set of rules, dedicated to restricting the acceptance, storage and use of cryptocurrency assets by Futures Commission Merchants (FCMs). The reason cited behind the changes is that holding onto such assets possesses certain risks one of them is the vulnerability to hackers, which has recently been exploited in a breach that resulted in losses of $150 million for crypto exchange service KuCoin.

Offline fxopen78

« Reply #771 on: October 25, 2020, 10:53:37 PM »
I am hear if Brad Garlinghouse, CEO of San Francisco-based crypto payment company Ripple have planning move headquarter to London UK

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #772 on: October 26, 2020, 03:31:55 PM »
Because of this new legislation in the US?

Offline oportunis

« Reply #773 on: November 06, 2020, 08:36:16 AM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/21/paypal-gets-into-crypto-with-new-features-for-trading-and-shopping.html

More and more adaptations will bring prices more up. As said many times before crypto is here to stay, not having it in portfolio is a mistake...

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #774 on: November 06, 2020, 03:49:15 PM »
I heard about that. What do you think?

Offline oportunis

« Reply #775 on: November 06, 2020, 04:18:42 PM »
it's not up to me. But as you see price is going up so it seems investors and traders like it and ride the wave. But it should drop soon, if we get a new crisis. I think if Biden wins he will probably restrict businesses and enforce lockdown so this could be a snowball effect on all financial assets.

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #776 on: November 10, 2020, 04:44:50 PM »
Following a similar piece of legislation adopted in New York back in 2015, a bill, seeking to regulate crypto currency service providers under the oversight of the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance was presented before the local state Senate.

A bill dubbed the "Digital Asset and Blockchain Technology Act" was introduced to the New Jersey Senate by Senator Nellie Pou and could become a law if passed and signed by Gov. Phil Murphy.

The proposed law would require a license for any entity looking to provide digital asset trading, storage, purchase, sales, exchange, borrowing/ lending or issuance services, involving crypto currencies.

Offline drunkfx

« Reply #777 on: November 23, 2020, 05:18:31 AM »
it's not up to me. But as you see price is going up so it seems investors and traders like it and ride the wave. But it should drop soon, if we get a new crisis. I think if Biden wins he will probably restrict businesses and enforce lockdown so this could be a snowball effect on all financial assets.

Lockdowns won't happen again as vaccine is ready and I'm a but skeptical about BTC rally going to short it from 20K

Offline oportunis

« Reply #778 on: November 23, 2020, 08:56:40 AM »

Lockdowns won't happen again as vaccine is ready and I'm a but skeptical about BTC rally going to short it from 20K
What vaccine? The one that needs - 70 to transfer and can be produced for about 50 mil. people? Lockdown is already in EU, it will be in US too. Vaccine will be available maybe in spring/summer. What media is writing is not realistic. They are in late stages and not finished with testng, so prepare for bumpy ride.

Regarding BTC it will be there, it is a new financial instrument either you like it or not. Do you think that speculators will stay aside of the best performing asset ever? They are looking where to invest, traditional market makes low returns cheap money etc. So they turn to other means where to profit. If you plan to go short better add a SL or risk small because if it goes to 20k it can easily go to 30k
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 08:58:20 AM by oportunis »

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #779 on: Yesterday at 03:54:56 PM »
Vaccination of medical personnel will likely start earlier - in my country it's supposed to start mid-February, together with teachers and police, but the rest of the population will likely have to wait until the summer indeed.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Bitcoin Discussion by oportunis
[Yesterday at 05:23:32 PM]

Re: How can I learn Forex? by Eliza Abrams
[Yesterday at 04:01:26 PM]

Re: Bitcoin Discussion by Eliza Abrams
[Yesterday at 03:54:56 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[Yesterday at 03:49:32 PM]

Re: Forex Fury EA by oportunis
[Yesterday at 08:10:48 AM]