collapse

Author Topic: Bitcoin Discussion  (Read 198383 times)

Offline Humble Trader's Fx

• Global Moderator
Re: Bitcoin Discussion
« Reply #825 on: January 20, 2021, 09:55:59 PM »
BY OPPORTUNIS:

You cannot print BTC, you can mine it and to do that you need hardware. It's the same for gold. What gives gold its value? Except BTC is faster, liquid, and easy to transport. This is the digital age and BTC is digital gold. And governments recognize BTC, you need to pay taxes from profit or mining profit and you can purchase products with it. Each government has its own digital sector now. Not all crypto will be here, but BTC and a few like ETH will be a new standard in the future.

Which "governments recognize BTC"??? as an official currency set as a standard of transactions? Does the World Bank recognize it? Is any state currency "officially" exchanged by their central banks of that country for/with any crypto?

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Offline oportunis

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #827 on: January 22, 2021, 04:31:48 PM »
Newly sworn in President of the United States Joe Biden froze crypto KYC regulation proposed by the Trump administration last December. The reasons the President gave for this course of action were that his appointees would need time to get familiar with the proposed rules prior to their approval.

As such, any changes that the former head of the US Treasury, Steve Mnuchin has proposed will be postponed for a duration of 60 days following the announcement made on January 20th. If they are found to raise no substantial questions of fact, law, or policy, no further action will be taken. On the other hand, if the new regulation does raise such questions, the US Office of Budget and Management will need to be notified and take appropriate management.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #828 on: January 22, 2021, 07:54:01 PM »
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country_or_territory

In 2016 the European Parliament's proposal to set up a task force to monitor virtual currencies to combat money laundering and terrorism, passed by 542 votes to 51, with 11 abstentions, has been sent to the European Commission for consideration.

Still "under consideration".

Regards,
Humble Trader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Offline oportunis

« Reply #829 on: January 22, 2021, 08:09:00 PM »
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country_or_territory

In 2016 the European Parliament's proposal to set up a task force to monitor virtual currencies to combat money laundering and terrorism, passed by 542 votes to 51, with 11 abstentions, has been sent to the European Commission for consideration.

Still "under consideration".

Regards,
Humble Trader

You asked which country recognizes BTC and there you have plenty. Plus BTC is a digital store of value, it won't be used as money. Why would anyone spent it on a daily basis if they think it will go up? But there are other potential candidates to be used as money, although this is not needed since governments will make a digital dollar or euro. The problem is they are lacking behind China and this is a big threat to all. Here is an interesting video of what is China doing -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQEw1_aKjik&feature=emb_logo

Offline oportunis

« Reply #830 on: February 08, 2021, 01:10:31 PM »
Here we go, 50k on the line. Tesla adding 1.5 billion

• Global Moderator
« Reply #831 on: February 08, 2021, 04:04:38 PM »
Here we go, 50k on the line. Tesla adding 1.5 billion

Oportunis, although I won't admit defeat "yet", I am sooooo.. happy for you. Why not purchase a few copies of my book and give them to your friends.  :P

https://www.amazon.ca/Imagination-way-Revised-version-21-02-10-ebook/dp/B08JKNMP8N/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Imagination+is+the+way&qid=1612800150&sr=8-1

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Offline oportunis

« Reply #832 on: February 08, 2021, 07:00:06 PM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/08/apple-may-be-the-next-notable-company-to-buy-bitcoin-rbc-says.html

@humble I am so busy this year, can hardly take 5min to relax no time for books.
Once all is done and stable we will hire people and manage them, then maybe I will have time to read.

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #833 on: February 10, 2021, 06:28:16 PM »
Tesla decided to allow payments in Bitcoin in the future and they are investing 1.5 billion in Bitcoin too. I don't know how good of an idea that is, considering how terrible the regulation of Bitcoin is, when it exists at all, but it is happening.

Offline oportunis

« Reply #834 on: February 10, 2021, 06:42:20 PM »
Tesla decided to allow payments in Bitcoin in the future and they are investing 1.5 billion in Bitcoin too. I don't know how good of an idea that is, considering how terrible the regulation of Bitcoin is, when it exists at all, but it is happening.
Is gold regulated? You can't regulate something which is better regulated on its own. You cannot fake the BTC transaction... And u can track the transaction anytime... The problem is when you lose the password or they steal it and u can't access the funds... This is a personal problem since you are your own bank and no government can help you. If they hack the exchange they are insured unless you go to some shady exchange then this is your risk since those can steal or be hacked...

• Global Moderator
« Reply #835 on: February 10, 2021, 06:57:39 PM »
Is gold regulated? You can't regulate something which is better regulated on its own. You cannot fake the BTC transaction... And u can track the transaction anytime... The problem is when you lose the password or they steal it and u can't access the funds... This is a personal problem since you are your own bank and no government can help you. If they hack the exchange they are insured unless you go to some shady exchange then this is your risk since those can steal or be hacked...

Regulations and taxation
Regulation of gold

There is no over-arching global regulation for gold, but many aspects of it especially on the mining side are heavily governed by national rules.

There are also important voluntary codes that contribute to the smooth functioning of the global gold market.

The exploration and mining of gold is subject to a myriad of regulations, typically embedded into a national mining law.

National mining laws cover areas such as: licensing process, foreign ownership of land, environment rules, health and safety, tax and royalty payments.

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Offline fxopen78

« Reply #836 on: February 10, 2021, 11:39:36 PM »
I think Elon Musk will try to expand earnings through Bitcoin, if they investing large money to buy Bitcoin, maybe because Elon musk is one great name in the world as owner Spacex and Tesla inc it possible will make Bitcoin value skyrocket because the sentiment market will look positive view about Bitcoin.

Offline oportunis

« Reply #837 on: February 11, 2021, 03:07:21 PM »

Regulations and taxation
Regulation of gold

There is no over-arching global regulation for gold, but many aspects of it especially on the mining side are heavily governed by national rules.

There are also important voluntary codes that contribute to the smooth functioning of the global gold market.

The exploration and mining of gold is subject to a myriad of regulations, typically embedded into a national mining law.

National mining laws cover areas such as: licensing process, foreign ownership of land, environment rules, health and safety, tax and royalty payments.

Regards,
HumbleTrader
so is BTC mining, the electrical supply is regulated, you need infrastructure to mine, which requires proper fireproof walls, ventilation etc... and you pay taxes on it...

However, u have gold miners that exploit children etc.

Mastercard soon to allow payments in BTC - https://www.coindesk.com/mastercard-accepts-crypto-payments?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

Offline Eliza Abrams

« Reply #838 on: February 17, 2021, 05:06:46 PM »
Elon Musk also decided to endorse Dogecoin of all things. Now if that is not a bubble, I don't know what is.

Offline fxopen78

« Reply #839 on: February 17, 2021, 06:41:41 PM »
Elon Musk also decided to endorse Dogecoin of all things. Now if that is not a bubble, I don't know what is.
Every time Elon Musk tweet something like Tesla will adopt Bitcoin for purchasing their luxury car it could make bitcoin value arise, and they also buy Bitcoin I think for invest if someday later price move higher then sell at high.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[Yesterday at 04:52:22 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by fxopen78
[February 23, 2021, 11:54:17 PM]

[February 23, 2021, 05:15:14 PM]

[February 22, 2021, 04:42:08 PM]

Re: How to choose a broker? by drunkfx
[February 22, 2021, 06:58:06 AM]