collapse

Author Topic: Manipulation of price movement  (Read 9869 times)

Offline Nasdaq100

Re: Manipulation of price movement
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2019, 02:20:51 PM »
Just like the stock market, the currency market gets manipulated with by a few people. Only difference is, the forex market is not regulated and can get far worst price manipulation without punishing those who are responsible.

Offline Loperte

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2019, 12:46:18 PM »
I think that it is much easier to manipulate stock market then forex. Forex is by far the largest market in the world, so trader would need to have significant amount of funds in order to move it to one direction. With individual stocks, trader need less money or sometimes some help from inside

Offline BrandonHolly

• Scalper, still learning to trade.
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2019, 10:26:13 AM »
It is possible but not so frequently made. Only during a big news or something like that.
I think it's rarely one person. Would be some institution or something.

Offline marcopiccollo

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2019, 11:09:40 AM »
Manipulating stock prices can happen quite easily, and it takes place more often than you might think. Achieving it in a perfectly legal way is no more difficult, depending on how much trading power you have.

Individual stock investors don't have ready access to these types of techniques and, consequently, they often end up on the losing end of these schemes. In this situation, a little knowledge can go a very long way.

Offline y5nitro

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2019, 11:27:54 AM »
I find this as very interesting topic. I would agree that it is relatively difficult to manipulate Forex market due to its size. However, I have heard about manipulation and inside trading on stock market. Can forum members share some experiences about this kind of manipulation?

Offline drunkfx

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2019, 07:22:12 PM »
Two popular schemes of rigging the market are called spoofing and front-running. They are becoming more and more sophisticated because regulations also improve but still many floor traders fall into temptation to move prices or confuse the market to make risk-free profit.

Offline iMusingKiMi

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2019, 03:51:51 AM »
I find this as very interesting topic. I would agree that it is relatively difficult to manipulate Forex market due to its size. However, I have heard about manipulation and inside trading on stock market. Can forum members share some experiences about this kind of manipulation?

The most common on stock market is pump and dump.

browse forum

* Recent Posts