collapse

Author Topic: Investing in real equities  (Read 13450 times)

Offline Paul.Trafford

Investing in real equities
« on: November 21, 2017, 11:59:40 AM »
Hello fellow trading brothers and sisters. I was wondering a lot of the discussions here are mainly about Forex trading. Not that there is something bad with it, I am just curious if someone is investing in real stocks ? What is general opinion about stocks trading ? Please share all your knowledge on the subject. Cheers

Online Eliza Abrams

Re: Investing in real equities
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 03:27:14 PM »
I am not sure what you mean by "real stocks"? What other kind of stocks are there?

Offline iMusingKiMi

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 04:57:34 AM »
Hello fellow trading brothers and sisters. I was wondering a lot of the discussions here are mainly about Forex trading. Not that there is something bad with it, I am just curious if someone is investing in real stocks ? What is general opinion about stocks trading ? Please share all your knowledge on the subject. Cheers

Yes, because you are in Forex forum. I do invest in equities. Most people join forex only because capital are small enough.

Offline Paul.Trafford

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 03:39:09 PM »
I am not sure what you mean by "real stocks"? What other kind of stocks are there?

Well there are the real stocks, where you are buying the actual stock on the exchange. You have a real ownership and etc. But you can also buy CFD's of Stocks. CFD is short for Contract For Difference, (where you are not actually buying the real stock, and you don't actually have ownership).

Offline Paul.Trafford

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 03:40:32 PM »

Yes, because you are in Forex forum. I do invest in equities. Most people join forex only because capital are small enough.

Agree, although risk of losing everything is much more than with trading real stocks. Well now that I think about , not that much, but still. + CFD trading is a cheaper option, I guess. The reason why I am dinging is because, I have a friend who made a lot of money trading with real Stocks, so sort of saying I am just researching. There is a lot of info online, however I prefer, to hear people actually being involved. Cheers

Offline Sergius

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 12:32:14 PM »
I learn stock market trading principles now.
But there should be enough capital for that unless you want to use offshore brokers.
Stocks trading seems very attractive to me, but I do not have so much free money to start with it :-(

Offline Iverson

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 12:54:43 AM »
If we have the opportunity to invest in precious metals, do not lose it, it has an intangible and bullish value.

Offline iMusingKiMi

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 08:52:21 AM »
I learn stock market trading principles now.
But there should be enough capital for that unless you want to use offshore brokers.
Stocks trading seems very attractive to me, but I do not have so much free money to start with it :-(

Many people trade in forex because they are cheap to start compare to others. And this is one of reason leads to loss because you can't have decent MM in small capital and taking much more risk compare to equities trading.

Online Eliza Abrams

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 03:56:42 PM »

Well there are the real stocks, where you are buying the actual stock on the exchange. You have a real ownership and etc. But you can also buy CFD's of Stocks. CFD is short for Contract For Difference, (where you are not actually buying the real stock, and you don't actually have ownership).

I know what a CFD is. I confess I wasn't thinking about them at all because I try not to touch them with a ten-foot pole.

Offline Paul.Trafford

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2018, 10:10:06 AM »

I know what a CFD is. I confess I wasn't thinking about them at all because I try not to touch them with a ten-foot pole.
You have never traded CFD's ? How come ? Yes they are different than real equities, but most people prefer them for the sole reason that they are much cheaper and more accessible.

Offline Juno

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2018, 10:53:01 PM »
In my opinion, trading assets is harder than trading currencies. You need to learn more about it, and you actually get more analytics about currrency pairs, and metals, for instance.

Offline Paul.Trafford

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 09:51:37 AM »
In my opinion, trading assets is harder than trading currencies. You need to learn more about it, and you actually get more analytics about currrency pairs, and metals, for instance.
Not that I don't agree with you, but why is assets trading harder than currencies ?

Online Eliza Abrams

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2018, 03:37:42 PM »

You have never traded CFD's ? How come ? Yes they are different than real equities, but most people prefer them for the sole reason that they are much cheaper and more accessible.

I have just chosen to trade main currency pairs on a platform with a relatively large margin, so I feel comfortable doing that. I've never had much interest in trading anything else, except perhaps Gold.

Online Eliza Abrams

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2018, 02:44:56 PM »
Regarding the CFD trading, it looks like that may become more difficult within the borders of the EU, because European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) announced three-month a set of restrictions on CFDs offered to retail clients. Said measure can be repeated in three months, and so on and so forth, making it permanent in practice.

The restrictions on CFDs include leverage limits on opening positions; a margin close out rule on a per account basis; a negative balance protection on a per account basis; preventing the use of incentives by a CFD provider; and a standardized risk warning.

To be more precise, the leverage limits on the opening of a position by a retail clients will range from 1:30 to 1:2, depending on the underlying asset.

Offline Paul.Trafford

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2018, 08:16:18 AM »
Regarding the CFD trading, it looks like that may become more difficult within the borders of the EU, because European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) announced three-month a set of restrictions on CFDs offered to retail clients. Said measure can be repeated in three months, and so on and so forth, making it permanent in practice.

The restrictions on CFDs include leverage limits on opening positions; a margin close out rule on a per account basis; a negative balance protection on a per account basis; preventing the use of incentives by a CFD provider; and a standardized risk warning.

To be more precise, the leverage limits on the opening of a position by a retail clients will range from 1:30 to 1:2, depending on the underlying asset.
Eliza thank you very much for update, it is truly changing the CFD trading! I think this will kill binary options

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: forex cyborg by anjelo
[Today at 03:13:38 AM]

Re: forex cyborg by reinerh
[Today at 01:07:37 AM]

Re: Best Scalper by pipsbuster
[Today at 12:22:49 AM]

Re: Best Scalper by HFT Group
[Yesterday at 10:38:01 PM]

Re: Best Scalper by reinerh
[Yesterday at 10:30:59 PM]