collapse

Author Topic: Is it legal that a broker decides to hold all your money for up to 6 months?  (Read 9830 times)

Offline Faithblaster89

Me and few other traders are in a very unconvenient situation with GDMFX. They claim that based on their ToS, they have right to hold our funds (profits and even the withdrawals) for up to 6 months, because our positions exceeds 1000 pips move during 48 hours and they call this "extreme volatility". With this excuse, they hold our funds since end of October (3 months already) and they are not able to explain why they dont return at least our deposits. We traded USDTRY and there a move of 1k pips during 48 hours is nothing unusual, while just opening spread was about 60 pips. Basicaly their message to traders is "Open a trade and pray that it will not move a lot in your favor, because then we can (and very likely we will) hold your money for up to 6 months and you will not be able to do anything during this period".

Do you think guys this is legal? At least it is pretty unethical by my opinion.

Here is the condition Im talking about from their ToS:

Service Interruptions due to Extreme Market Conditions
Under certain extreme market conditions, it is possible for the price of a trading instrument offered by GDMFX to change drastically within a short timeframe, leading to significant profits or losses for all customers who are engaged in trading with the said instrument or its derivatives. In order to guarantee the stability of its systems and liquidity, GDMFX shall reserve the right in all cases when the price of a trading instrument changes by 1000 pips or more, within 48 hours, to temporarily suspend, or delay certain Services to some or all of the customers whose accounts or trading positions have been affected. Such interruptions might be applied to some or all of the following services: deposit processing, withdrawal processing, internal transfer processing, or order processing for any period deemed necessary by the company, but not longer than 6 months from the date of the market event.

Offline wallstreet.forex.robot

• WallStreet Forex Robot
I hope you do not hold a lot of money in this broker. It seems this is a common practice and you will be lucky if you get your money back:

http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/9588/www.gdmfx.com

I wish you luck.
This is the official donnaforex profile of the WallStreet Forex Robot team. If you have support issues or questions, please use our support system, because we cannot guarantee we will be able to monitor our topics in donnaforex all the time.

Offline Faithblaster89

About 43k USD at this moment and I know a trader who holds almost 100k with them and is in the same situation.

Offline wallstreet.forex.robot

• WallStreet Forex Robot
This is the official donnaforex profile of the WallStreet Forex Robot team. If you have support issues or questions, please use our support system, because we cannot guarantee we will be able to monitor our topics in donnaforex all the time.

Online reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup

Offline slimboydim

• Insta

its a binary broker, they are all scams.

While I don't trade Binary Options, are you saying any broker
that offers BO are a scam?
If so that's a very bold statement...

Offline deathlord

About 43k USD at this moment and I know a trader who holds almost 100k with them and is in the same situation.
Well, dont you think that someone Trading these amounts should consider such aspects of a business relationship before making an investment under these conditions?

Of course you would have enough money to get a lawyer and have the situation reviewed by a professional instead of asking Dr. Internet

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Offline Faithblaster89

Well, dont you think that someone Trading these amounts should consider such aspects of a business relationship before making an investment under these conditions?

Of course you would have enough money to get a lawyer and have the situation reviewed by a professional instead of asking Dr. Internet

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Well, they had to add this condition to their ToS recently while we were already registered with them.

Suing them is one of the options that is already on the table.

Offline Trunk

Me and few other traders are in a very unconvenient situation with GDMFX. They claim that based on their ToS, they have right to hold our funds (profits and even the withdrawals) for up to 6 months, because our positions exceeds 1000 pips move during 48 hours and they call this "extreme volatility". With this excuse, they hold our funds since end of October (3 months already) and they are not able to explain why they dont return at least our deposits. We traded USDTRY and there a move of 1k pips during 48 hours is nothing unusual, while just opening spread was about 60 pips. Basicaly their message to traders is "Open a trade and pray that it will not move a lot in your favor, because then we can (and very likely we will) hold your money for up to 6 months and you will not be able to do anything during this period".

Do you think guys this is legal? At least it is pretty unethical by my opinion.

Here is the condition Im talking about from their ToS:

Service Interruptions due to Extreme Market Conditions
Under certain extreme market conditions, it is possible for the price of a trading instrument offered by GDMFX to change drastically within a short timeframe, leading to significant profits or losses for all customers who are engaged in trading with the said instrument or its derivatives. In order to guarantee the stability of its systems and liquidity, GDMFX shall reserve the right in all cases when the price of a trading instrument changes by 1000 pips or more, within 48 hours, to temporarily suspend, or delay certain Services to some or all of the customers whose accounts or trading positions have been affected. Such interruptions might be applied to some or all of the following services: deposit processing, withdrawal processing, internal transfer processing, or order processing for any period deemed necessary by the company, but not longer than 6 months from the date of the market event.

Is this volatility applied to all trading pairs? Its common thing to see such volatility on exotics I think they are just looking for excuse to take away your profit and acted unfairly in your situation.

Had many times trading activity on Hotforex with such volatility and even more and it passed without any issues, profits and losses all is fine. Probably it depends from broker to broker.

Offline Faithblaster89

Yes all pairs, it is hardly suspicious. At the beginning of the withdrawal problems, they claimed that their liquidity provider didnt pay them. Now they claim that the trades were made on bad prices, but this is total BS. The prices were normal, I compared to other brokers. By my opinion, they are going to escape with clients money. At least we have their names so we can easily report them to police organs.

Offline Hilapur

I can understand that they could stop trading an instrument in case of disruption on the market which implies huge price movements. In this case to keep clients fund for up to 6 months does not make any sense.This is why I find extremely crucial to read all available documents when choosing a broker

Offline FxTS

The broker could not impose restrictions on withdrawals.
In such case, the best way is to collect all documents, screenshots and everything else could be helpful and contact lawyers. They will help you to communicate with the broker and regulator and get your money back. The wi rate of such disputes is very high, the broker would rather return your money back than deal with regulator.

By the way, it works even if the broker is incorporated somewhere like BVI or Curaao.

Offline Eliza Abrams

Whether it is legal or not depends on the jurisdiction where the broker is licensed and regulated and the regulator that enforces that regulation.

For example, regulators like the British FCA even have compensatory schemes in case a broker goes under or turns out to be a scam.

I don't know where your broker is regulated or if it is regulated at all, so I cannot tell you whether what they are doing is legal in their jurisdiction. However, such a practice sounds extremely shady to me. Trustworthy brokers do not hold onto their clients' money when clients wish to withdraw them, period.

Offline forexrupees

• ForexRupees
its neither legal nor any broker do this type of thing.
I have been trading forex since years but i have never face this issue is my entire carrier.
none of the brokers is gonna do this to any of his client because this is against the policy .
The capital a trader deposits to his account is his own money he can withdraw his amount at any time all he have to do is to verify his account before withdrawing his capital.

Offline Eliza Abrams

Frankly, if a broker says they'd do this kind of thing just find another one. There are plenty of fish in the sea, figuratively speaking.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Best Scalper by donbon2
[Yesterday at 11:08:23 PM]

Re: Forex Trend Detector by Humble Trader's Fx
[Yesterday at 05:58:29 PM]

Re: Will cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin ever gain mass adoption? by oportunis
[Yesterday at 04:24:52 PM]

Re: Forex Trend Detector by nick3232
[Yesterday at 03:55:17 PM]

Re: Harmonics Trader EA by Walter_HT
[Yesterday at 03:07:06 PM]

Re: Will cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin ever gain mass adoption? by Humble Trader's Fx
[Yesterday at 02:53:27 PM]

Re: Today I quit trading Forex by Pegasus FX
[Yesterday at 02:04:13 PM]

Re: Harmonics Trader EA by primi
[Yesterday at 01:56:59 PM]

Re: Will cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin ever gain mass adoption? by oportunis
[Yesterday at 01:43:58 PM]

Re: Today I quit trading Forex by Eliza Abrams
[Yesterday at 01:30:59 PM]