collapse

Author Topic: EVOnight EA  (Read 12659 times)

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
Re: EVOnight EA
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2019, 12:18:57 AM »
A big Stop Loss for PeregrimEA, because there was a bug in code for MT5 version: System didn't block a trading at Monday Opening. I have fixed it already.

I decided to restart monitoring for PeregrimEA, because a trade history was short (1 week) and I used a MT5 for monitoring, but most users - MT4 version, so results were not correct for them.

Online reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2019, 12:35:55 AM »

swissy pairs had a flashcrash at the open, some eas benefitted others not so much.

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2019, 12:51:35 AM »

swissy pairs had a flashcrash at the open, some eas benefitted others not so much.

Yes, but all my systems should not trade at Monday Opening. At MT5 version was a small bug in code, so it have opened USDCHF position :( It's good, because it have helped me to determinate a bug to prevent it at future.

99% of PeregrimEA's users are using MT4 version, so this one trades have been fully different from their results, because they haven't any trades. Better was to restart it with the bug fixed version.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 12:55:01 AM by ivanvp »

Online reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2019, 01:08:09 AM »

good that you caught the bug, it can happen with programming.

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2019, 09:28:14 PM »
Friends, I decided to stop selling night scalpers. This is a tough decision for me. I have been developing night scalpers and used them for about 4 years! As we see, it was impossible to make a profit at distance. The market is very chaotic for night scalping - within 15 minutes the price passes 150 pips without any significant factors, as it is today in GBP, and similar situations began to repeat very often. None of the possible filters can prevent such Flash Crash. The profit is not comparable with possible losses. It is very hard for me to take.

You can blame me and anyone, but this is Forex and you should understand the risks. Yes, you hurt, but believe me: I lost more than any of you. Before you blame, just open the chart and look at the price behavior. I do not understand the majority of users who do not understand how the market works, but trade. This is nonsense. People write such nonsense: the expert opens deals in the wrong direction, etc. To use experts, you need to understand the principles of the market.

People think that they buy an Expert Advisor for $ 100 or $ 2,000 and they will get profit all their live. This is not true! Similar systems do not exist even at Wall Street, not to mention the MQL5 Market.

Forex is one of the most difficult markets. While developing the system, I and other authors are looking for repetitive conditions (pattern), but this does not guarantee their repetition in the future. Even if the patterns were repeated from 2000 on backtests or for several months or years in real trading, this does not guarantee that the system will work in the future.

If you dont understand it, I advice you to forget about trading. Sad, but true.

I do not want to tell fairy tales, as other authors do, that now everything will be fine, the system will be modernized or re-optimized - this is a lie. They tell you what you want to hear. But this is a lie. Bitter lie. I do not want to lie to you, as others do, and if last year there was a Flash Crash on the AUD, then this year there were already 3 similar ones - this is very dangerous.

I made a decision for myself that costs me lost profits - not to sell more scalpers. Any scalpers. I will lose a lot of money because of this, but where its more important, I hope Ill save many peoples money, because, unfortunately, most users dont understand what they are doing here. People buy systems, because they are believe its a Holly Grail, but there are no Grail at Forex

Offline Humble Trader's Fx

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2019, 11:43:38 PM »
Friends, I decided to stop selling night scalpers. This is a tough decision for me. I have been developing night scalpers and used them for about 4 years! As we see, it was impossible to make a profit at distance. The market is very chaotic for night scalping - within 15 minutes the price passes 150 pips without any significant factors, as it is today in GBP, and similar situations began to repeat very often. None of the possible filters can prevent such Flash Crash. The profit is not comparable with possible losses. It is very hard for me to take.

You can blame me and anyone, but this is Forex and you should understand the risks. Yes, you hurt, but believe me: I lost more than any of you. Before you blame, just open the chart and look at the price behavior. I do not understand the majority of users who do not understand how the market works, but trade. This is nonsense. People write such nonsense: the expert opens deals in the wrong direction, etc. To use experts, you need to understand the principles of the market.

People think that they buy an Expert Advisor for $ 100 or $ 2,000 and they will get profit all their live. This is not true! Similar systems do not exist even at Wall Street, not to mention the MQL5 Market.

Forex is one of the most difficult markets. While developing the system, I and other authors are looking for repetitive conditions (pattern), but this does not guarantee their repetition in the future. Even if the patterns were repeated from 2000 on backtests or for several months or years in real trading, this does not guarantee that the system will work in the future.

If you dont understand it, I advice you to forget about trading. Sad, but true.

I do not want to tell fairy tales, as other authors do, that now everything will be fine, the system will be modernized or re-optimized - this is a lie. They tell you what you want to hear. But this is a lie. Bitter lie. I do not want to lie to you, as others do, and if last year there was a Flash Crash on the AUD, then this year there were already 3 similar ones - this is very dangerous.

I made a decision for myself that costs me lost profits - not to sell more scalpers. Any scalpers. I will lose a lot of money because of this, but where its more important, I hope Ill save many peoples money, because, unfortunately, most users dont understand what they are doing here. People buy systems, because they are believe its a Holly Grail, but there are no Grail at Forex

Hello, ivanvp.

Thank you for this, you have earned my respect and I am sure many more in this forum. There may not be a Holy Grail but there must be rules and laws to follow. The key words in what you say is "blindly follow". Like all areas of work and study, it takes time, patience and foresight; let's work together towards sharing our collective knowledge to come up with a "reasonable" system, See you in the DBPB.

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Offline diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2019, 05:39:44 AM »
Good for you ivanvp. I have always wondered why there has been such a strong following for scalpers on this Forum. The maths never made sense to me. But obviously some people made money with them.
And yes, the "patterns" we see are very deceptive and just not repetitive enough to rely on. You can always find them to illustrate a point, but then we often make the mistake of ignoring the ones which don't proceed as per text book. Unfortunately those ones dominate.
After some four years of examining various indicators, I have come full circle to using MA crossovers as the way forward for automated trading.
Not a holy grail, but does seem to offer hope for eking out 1 to 2% pm - a return for which we should be grateful given what else is available to us. As long as that level of return more than covers the cost of trading, which is often underestimated - VPS, subscription fees etc.
Information and product page - http://www.diyforexskills.com/forex-tools/

Offline FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2019, 10:03:42 AM »
Good move and respectable decision.

I agree that inordinately inverted risk/reward makes no sense in the long run. You simply lose too fast when the market starts behaving in a way that does not fit the system.

Offline ivanvp

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2019, 03:08:08 AM »
Thank you for a good words :) It's a very important for me. I haven't stopped to develop a new systems, but I will not make a scalpers and grids :) Soon will be presented hedging system. Yes, it'a risky trading style, but it's a profitable with the high Expectency. I will update my PA systems... So I will work for much more seriosly systems, then scalpers ;)

browse forum