collapse

Author Topic: Will cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin ever gain mass adoption?  (Read 47961 times)

Offline Tobei

Re: Will cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin ever gain mass adoption?
« Reply #405 on: December 13, 2019, 01:56:52 PM »
They are already close to getting widespread use and this will happen much faster than we all think.

Offline Humble Trader's Fx

• Global Moderator
« Reply #406 on: December 13, 2019, 03:31:09 PM »
They are already close to getting widespread use and this will happen much faster than we all think.

How do you gage time, in years or millennia? Your forecast was made in 2009; today as 2019, this is ten years later. Since that time, NO, country has adopted this scam dream, and in the past 10 years, billions have been lost to scams.
Keep dreaming.

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Offline oportunis

« Reply #407 on: December 13, 2019, 03:38:15 PM »
If no country has adopted BTC, howcome you can pay taxes with it? Or trade futures with it? Or why are regulators researching regulation about it? I think you are wrong here and missing out on potential profits. Investment funds now offer a part of their portfolio in crypto. Even banks are going to trade it and offer to clients...

« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 05:19:20 PM by Humble Trader's Fx »

• Global Moderator
« Reply #408 on: December 13, 2019, 05:19:37 PM »
If no country has adopted BTC, howcome you can pay taxes with it? Or trade futures with it? Or why are regulators researching regulation about it? I think you are wrong here and missing out on potential profits. Investment funds now offer a part of their portfolio in crypto. Even banks are going to trade it and offer to clients...

Yes, I can see the gains below your signature. It's about right, what will happen when this scam comes to pass.

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Offline Nilanadar

« Reply #409 on: December 16, 2019, 08:20:16 AM »
Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies have been around for more than a year, and despite the enormous potential of the technology, the least that can be said is that they are far from mass adoption

Offline Kagagis

« Reply #410 on: December 17, 2019, 10:07:36 AM »
Bitcoin will not gain momentum in large quantities in the near future, but it is confidently moving towards this.

Offline Tekus

« Reply #411 on: December 18, 2019, 11:40:08 AM »
I dont think it will happen very quickly, but it can be.

Offline Arsssele

« Reply #412 on: December 18, 2019, 05:24:36 PM »
Oportunis, I have also seen this news today. I was indeed surprised to see that Germany is passing the law to allow banks to pass transactions in crypto currencies. EBA was strongly against it during previous period, so I dont know exactly from where comes this change?

Online Eliza Abrams

« Reply #413 on: December 19, 2019, 12:53:27 PM »
Yep, Germany is preparing to do just that. It appears that the bill has already received the approval of the Bundestag and is now awaiting the decision of the countrys 16 states. According to Sven Hildebrandt, Head of Distributed Ledger Consulting, Germany is well on its way to becoming a crypto-heaven. The German legislator is playing a pioneering role in the regulation of cryptocurrency.

• Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
« Reply #417 on: December 23, 2019, 11:36:03 AM »
https://www.cryptoglobe.com/latest/2018/10/bitcoin-turns-10-a-brief-history-of-its-first-decade/

Another milestone in much to do about nothing. Let's wait another 10,20 or more years, when it will become a "memory" milestone like the Petroc: "My Pet Rock sold for $3.95, and creator Gary Dahl unloaded more than five million of the igneous invertebrates in six months. He walked away with a cool $15 million. Jan 24, 2011".

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Offline oportunis

« Reply #418 on: December 23, 2019, 11:58:15 AM »
My opinion is the opposite, you know that ;) We will see BTC in 20 years also, but it might be a little different with regulation etc.

On a side note, I wish to all Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

• Global Moderator
« Reply #419 on: December 23, 2019, 07:23:45 PM »
My opinion is the opposite, you know that ;) We will see BTC in 20 years also, but it might be a little different with regulation etc.

On a side note, I wish to all Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

In a way, you are half right: Electronic money transfers and payments have been around for more than 40 years. What has changed is the advent of blockchain; as you know, nothing more than a glorified, yet sound ledger system (for now until some other technology replaces it.).
Without question, this technology is being adopted in all areas of exchange. Where you and I differ is in BTC or other cryptos: As I have mentioned before, no governmental authority, especially the USA, will allow any "unaccountable" monetary system to challenge its control. Thus, be it BTC or any other crypto, when the "crypto" part is removed and the governmental authority has full control, only then will it pervade the public use of it. When BTC, is not a cryptocurrency anymore, yes, it might exist 20 years hence.

Best to you my friend and your family and all those who share our thoughts on this platform known to us as "DONNAFOREX"

Regards,
HumbleTrader

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[Today at 06:00:29 PM]

Re: Trade Journals,trading cautiously by Trenchtrader
[Today at 12:09:21 AM]

Re: How can I learn Forex? by fxopen78
[Yesterday at 10:40:37 PM]

Re: VRA-EA by reinerh
[Yesterday at 08:38:13 PM]

Re: VRA-EA by LitnerGo
[Yesterday at 07:39:46 PM]