collapse

Author Topic: Commercial EAs are not Smart  (Read 4440 times)

Online ForexCyborg

Re: Commercial EAs are not Smart
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2019, 09:48:54 AM »
Does anybody actually have a good commercial EA that can consistently make decent profit 2-3% monthly with relatively low DD of lets say 15% and has at least a 6 month verified track record?

Third party verified:

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/forexgermany/forex-cyborg/2178360

Offline SJWkiller

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2019, 10:55:10 AM »
Does anybody actually have a good commercial EA that can consistently make decent profit 2-3% monthly with relatively low DD of lets say 15% and has at least a 6 month verified track record?

Third party verified:

Thats pretty good but as you know myfxbook doesnt calculate DD properly. Its always shows lower DD than it is in reality because it doesnt include positive equity in its calculation. You could connect the account to Darwinex and get the real DD.

Another thing is that this EA would perform way worse on a large account because of its low expectancy of +2.5 pips per trade. That means you can only make money with small accounts. Judging by your trade sizes, your account is about 1.5k in size. Try to trade with this EA on a 30k account and it will most likely not even be profitable.

Online ForexCyborg

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2019, 12:42:14 PM »

Third party verified:

Thats pretty good but as you know myfxbook doesnt calculate DD properly. Its always shows lower DD than it is in reality because it doesnt include positive equity in its calculation. You could connect the account to Darwinex and get the real DD.

Another thing is that this EA would perform way worse on a large account because of its low expectancy of +2.5 pips per trade. That means you can only make money with small accounts. Judging by your trade sizes, your account is about 1.5k in size. Try to trade with this EA on a 30k account and it will most likely not even be profitable.

The real DD can be found on the myfxbook page under the tab "Drawdown".
There is a darwinex - account too, but with much higher risk (around 3x risk compared to the forexgermany account):

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/forexcyborg/forex-cyborg-darwinex/2184469

The DD at Darwinex in the backend is nearly the same.

It's currently running with a deposit of 17k.

Beside this, there are some better broker feeds for a asian scalper. I currently running Forex Cyborg on account of 50k at Darwinex and with max. 95k at other brokers. The slippage is only slightly higher (for example at Darwinex a 3-5k account has a average slippage of -0.4  up to -0.6 pips per trade, while a 50k account has average slippage of -0.8 pips per trade)

But yes: There are limits. If you plan to trade over 10-30 lots per trade, than you need to talk to the brokers directly to see what they can provide.

Maybe we should not write so much details in this thread, since the main topic is different. I only posted the link, because it fit into your requirements.

Offline Loperte

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2019, 11:34:29 AM »
It might be that somebody program good algorithm which will work under current market conditions. However, if anything unordinary happens on that market, algorithm will initially move as per program, but will be unable to recognise psychological aspects of market reactions

Offline grobanjosh

• Mostly trade wih EA's.
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2019, 11:00:24 AM »

There are some. I use FX Charger. DD is a bit bigger but the profit higher as well.
https://www.myfxbook.com/members/fxcharger/fxcharger/1744841

Offline marcopiccollo

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2019, 11:18:45 AM »
It might be that somebody program good algorithm which will work under current market conditions. However, if anything unordinary happens on that market, algorithm will initially move as per program, but will be unable to recognise psychological aspects of market reactions

Yes, but there is always plan b and c for almost every kind of situation on the market.

Offline FxTS

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2019, 06:15:29 AM »
Markets incur changes, so it is important to check the performance of the strategy to make necessary changes to its rules. To be able to detect the underperformance of the strategy one needs a calculcation of potential results. These estimate calculations could be conducted through backtesting of the strategy on historical data using special software like Forex tester. The results of such testing, incluing information on average profit/loss and maximum number of losing trades in a row could be used as a sample to compare with. If the difference between estimate results obtained through backtesting and actual trading results increases, it seems to be the time to revise the strategy and make changes to keep it up to date.
Education, Exploration, Experimentation

Offline Fastrack Forex

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2019, 07:41:07 AM »
to be honest, many commercial ea are not as good as those that are free.

Some of the Ea vendor just risk using a very small amount to test their EA, I dont know how you feel confident in that.

There is another forum which I shall not name here, there are many members who are very helpful and threads are gem and is free.

Offline Hilapur

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2019, 12:33:45 PM »
I would never pay money for a robot. I dont think that you can put market moves in one algorithm. You need to have experience in order to win this market, and EA certainly would not break the code of it, as it is unable to learn from own mistakes

Offline Ferta

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2019, 03:27:42 AM »
I think that main issue when you are using EA or social trading is that you will never be able to become independent trader. You will stay forever dependent on someone elses trading tips, no matter if they are profitable or not

Offline petersurrey

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2019, 10:06:52 AM »
I think that main issue when you are using EA or social trading is that you will never be able to become independent trader. You will stay forever dependent on someone elses trading tips, no matter if they are profitable or not

Excellent point  - and because it is someone else's tips you tend to trust it a lot less, leading to buying more and more in a downward spiral of losses and expense..the problem is when you enter DD how do you know if and when it will ever recover, being so new in most cases. Those EA's that have been around for a few years and tried and tested such as fxcyborg have usually experienced a major DD along the way large enough to scare off most buyers..

Offline SJWkiller

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2019, 04:00:19 PM »

Thats true to a certain extent but there are very very few good traders anyway and the chances of any one person becoming a good trader are extremely small. Its far more likely that you will blow a few accounts by yourself and give it up than becoming consistently profitable.

Just look at OTB. 16+ years of trading (his claim) and he is still wiping out accounts every chance he gets. Becoming an independent trader is not as easy as it sounds and it usually takes years. I admit, I couldnt become one and investing with good traders/managers is the next best thing and it serves me well.

Online ForexCyborg

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2019, 02:48:26 PM »
Excellent point  - and because it is someone else's tips you tend to trust it a lot less, leading to buying more and more in a downward spiral of losses and expense..the problem is when you enter DD how do you know if and when it will ever recover, being so new in most cases. Those EA's that have been around for a few years and tried and tested such as fxcyborg have usually experienced a major DD along the way large enough to scare off most buyers..

That's true. Because you mention Forex Cyborg: Such DDs can happen to any strategy and it's true that you never know if / when you will recover from a DD. The good thing now is that buyer are fully aware of the risk, as they can see it in the history.

browse forum