collapse

Author Topic: PZ Bollinger Band EA Set File  (Read 20091 times)

Online donbon2

PZ Bollinger Band EA Set File
« on: July 17, 2018, 12:22:22 AM »
you can download the EA for free from their site

this is a set file designed for 1k account 10% risk -- typical 20-25% DD and 100% return

what you will see is this -- the EA makes the most money when the market trades in 150-160 pt range going up and down -- if it starts to trend then you will get some SL trigger -- but it will make small profits in between - so the equity will remain fairly stable.

if you consider that this year the EUR market has had a fairly wide range - this set file is currently working -- it may not work in the future obviously we never know.

all I can tell you is its all free and performance this year would be better than most commercial EAs

if people are interested I will continue to work on these and provide more setfiles for the other EAs.

Best of Luck

(also remember that using risk setting of 10% - will make the DD rise a little as the account grows -- so 20-25% on 1k but at 1.5k then you will drift up to 30% at times ... anyway it is a fairly stable strategy)

please use on 15 minute chart
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 12:25:51 AM by donbon2 »
Broker - IC Markets   VPS - Amazon EC2 + CNS  

EA:
Powerflow NZDCAD
EA Lab MA Crossover

News - Thomson Reuters Eikon
Trade Manager - Visual Trading Console for MT4
Trading Rebates - through CashBackFX
Trade Notification EA - TradeTalk from FX Blue - free
VPS - I recommend Amazon EC2 - if you qualify for a Broker Sponsored one get CNS
PZ Support/Resistance Indicator / Day Trading Indicator

Online donbon2

Re: PZ Bollinger Band EA Set File
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 12:23:03 AM »
TDS for 2018 spread 2

EA:
Powerflow NZDCAD
EA Lab MA Crossover

VPS - I recommend Amazon EC2 - if you qualify for a Broker Sponsored one get CNS

Online Humble Trader's Fx

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 02:40:41 AM »
you can download the EA for free from their site

this is a set file designed for 1k account 10% risk -- typical 20-25% DD and 100% return

what you will see is this -- the EA makes the most money when the market trades in 150-160 pt range going up and down -- if it starts to trend then you will get some SL trigger -- but it will make small profits in between - so the equity will remain fairly stable.

if you consider that this year the EUR market has had a fairly wide range - this set file is currently working -- it may not work in the future obviously we never know.

all I can tell you is its all free and performance this year would be better than most commercial EAs

if people are interested I will continue to work on these and provide more setfiles for the other EAs.

Best of Luck

(also remember that using risk setting of 10% - will make the DD rise a little as the account grows -- so 20-25% on 1k but at 1.5k then you will drift up to 30% at times ... anyway it is a fairly stable strategy)

please use on 15 minute chart

Thank you so much DonBon2 for sharing. Can you please let us know what is the latest version of PZ that you have so we can make sure we have the latest.

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Love is the ink, wisdom is the message.

Online donbon2

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 02:45:51 AM »
the BB version I am using in my tests is 3.2 -- looking at their site it says

Current version:
Published:
12 October 2016
Updated:
October 2016
Downloaded:
6101 times
Operating systems:
Windows 7/8/10

so the one I am using is the latest one

I have subscribed to the PZ site several times and have had no response and yes,  I have been checking my spam folder.

Please post the site URL in case it or the download link if you can.

Regards,
HumbleTrader
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 01:33:08 PM by Humble Trader's Fx »

EA:
Powerflow NZDCAD
EA Lab MA Crossover

Offline FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 10:10:10 AM »
TDS for 2018 spread 2

Great suggestion. I have been experimenting with this EA, I believe, but did not get that far. Have been trying similar things with BFS, but it did not give satisfactory results in longer term backtests (even though one setting gave 100% wins over the last six weeks). What kind of period did you use for this backtest?

Online donbon2

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 10:14:16 AM »

I dont care about past years - markets were different and as we have seen with EAs that are optimized for past years - they have been doing crap

EA:
Powerflow NZDCAD
EA Lab MA Crossover

Offline FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 10:56:16 AM »
Right. I guess I overlooked that.

Would like to make something like this for gold. The one I did make for BFS seems to be doing well for recent times. It failed when I started testing it for last year, but perhaps I should just disregard that and not hope for a system that works well always.

Offline FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 02:31:32 PM »
By the way, I have tested your set file and shorts seem to be significantly more profitable than longs. Though I guess that could change with the general direction of the trend.

Online donbon2

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 03:20:50 PM »
market has gone down alot this year

EA:
Powerflow NZDCAD
EA Lab MA Crossover

Online donbon2

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 10:09:31 PM »
HT

here is the EA but probably have to remove it in a day or 2 - as you supposed to join his list in order to use the EA since they are provided free

since I want to experiment further with his other EAs wouldnt want to cause an issue.

EA:
Powerflow NZDCAD
EA Lab MA Crossover

Online donbon2

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 10:34:35 PM »
also be aware when using the EA

TP is 70 SL is 100 and it has trailing etc built in

but the idea is that in an ideal world the trades would hit +70 and then the market reverses.

this is because it would never get stopped out and profits would generate quickly.

when the market trends often it will have a sell on - then it buys the dip and the long may get stopped at -100 but you gain +70 on the other one - so in effect you only end up with a -30 trade ..... this is the reason this strategy works and can make a profit...... as the band period is short so it tracks the market.

also with the protective stop there of 100 - you never get really badly burnt no matter what happens ... in saying that I suppose you got to use a risk level that your comfortable with.

the other thing too -shows on a 1000 account - it should not lose more than 400 --- if it loses more than 400 then take the EA off - as that means the strategy is dead and needs to be redone.

I have tested on other pairs - it seems best suited/more reliable on EURUSD - probably too because it has the lowest spreads it simply will work better there.... this is because the SL wont trigger as often and give you a chance of recovery .. that on wider spread pairs you may get stopped at the high or low.

Probably I should say past performance may not reflect future performance and please backtest or use on a demo first so you see how it works - before considering going live...... also as I discuss often markets change and strategies no longer work like they did - I pointed out what to watch for there.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 10:46:53 PM by donbon2 »

EA:
Powerflow NZDCAD
EA Lab MA Crossover

Offline hdatla

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2018, 04:27:03 AM »
Thank you for providing the set file. I have started it on a small live account.

Offline FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2018, 09:22:11 AM »
I am running it live now with a smaller fixed lot size. I think fixed is safer, under the assumption that it will go up for some time and at some point the strategy will stop working.

I tested your settings with some variations, and it seems that every variation I tried made it perform worse. So good job, donbon2!

It is taking the first trade now...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 09:24:48 AM by FLechdrop »

Online donbon2

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2018, 09:33:32 AM »
I have tried all the other ones with small SL small Tp large TP and large SL with small TP and large TP with trailing etc

not a single strategy comes anywhere close to the BB one.

the reason being that the BB one gets a long and short and sometimes hits 70pt tp and then reverses without taking out the short sl.

plus those other strategies only work in a certain type of market and when it changes they lose all the profits - only the BB keeps rising ... so yeah I wouldnt worry too much about it - it will get stopped from time to time - but it will gain losses back no problem.

fixed lots not quite so good - but yeah control the risk is pretty important so start small and see how it goes - I turned mine on bit early today but see how it goes .. cheers.

EA:
Powerflow NZDCAD
EA Lab MA Crossover

Offline FLechdrop

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2018, 09:39:31 AM »
I will manually increase the lot size when equity rises. I just don't like the idea that you could lose your profits pretty quickly at 10% risk when the strategy stops working.

Mine took the same trade as yours. A buy which is currently in drawdown...

browse forum

* Recent Posts