collapse

Author Topic: PZ Averaging EA Set Files/Discussion  (Read 18123 times)

Online donbon2

Re: PZ Averaging EA Set Files/Discussion
« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2018, 11:20:49 PM »
yes rod your right

you will have to use different accounts

EURUSD 1  EURUSD 2 EURUSD 3

but can add other currency pairs to each

thats what I would suggest building a portfolio per account

I will try to finalize the other tests soon - but I have been real busy
Broker - IC Markets   VPS - Amazon EC2 + CNS  

EA:
Powerflow NZDCAD
PZ Averaging EA
Autotrader Custom

News - Thomson Reuters Eikon
Trade Manager - Visual Trading Console for MT4
Trading Rebates - through CashBackFX
Trade Notification EA - TradeTalk from FX Blue - free
VPS - I recommend Amazon EC2 - if you qualify for a Broker Sponsored one get CNS
PZ Support/Resistance Indicator / Day Trading Indicator

Offline chownc

« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2018, 09:06:13 PM »
Hi Rod,

You are correct. You cant use Averaging and Heding on the same symbol in the same account. I logged a support ticket with the developer as my account went crazy when I had both EAs running on EURUSD.  The response was not to do it and to use separate accounts.

Cheers, Chris

Online nwboater

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2018, 09:39:45 PM »
Hi donbon2 & chownc,

Thanks for confirming that only one instance of a pair can be run per account.

Have a good weekend! :)

Cheers,
Rod

Online donbon2

« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2018, 12:31:21 AM »
averaging 15m

eurusd

this is like a trend trigger - so when eurusd moves it will collect alot of pips when sideways will hit a few stops

again it is hard to compare these eas to your normal eas - as it is a different style of trading.

these are just my settings - you can test yourself and make changes if you think it works better.

678/809

EA:
Powerflow NZDCAD
PZ Averaging EA
Autotrader Custom

VPS - I recommend Amazon EC2 - if you qualify for a Broker Sponsored one get CNS

Online donbon2

« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2019, 02:58:00 AM »
I have been working hard on better sets etc more on those at a later date as bit busy with the markets right now

but 2 things

1. if you want any PZ product its 50% off right now

and

this is free

https://www.pointzero-trading.com/Products/view/PZFractalChannel

it is very good for trading volatility - albeit that it is manual trading and not automated.

(even if you dont use it right away - download it now while it is still free - as if you ever trade manually in the future it will be a great help to you)

lets make some money this year and forget all the crap eas

EA:
Powerflow NZDCAD
PZ Averaging EA
Autotrader Custom

Online donbon2

« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2019, 03:02:54 AM »
also if you want to use a more trading style ma cross ea  you can try this one

https://www.pointzero-trading.com/Products/view/PZMACrossoverEA

use attached set file I made for it   eurusd 15m

(grab it while it is still free as well)

basically it has 50pt sl 200 pt take profit - with trailing and breakeven functions - trades both directions

test it for yourself on demo first is my advice

EA:
Powerflow NZDCAD
PZ Averaging EA
Autotrader Custom

Online donbon2

« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2019, 03:06:14 AM »
another good one that is free for news on your chart

http://www.forex21.com/fx-pulse/

you can read more about it there

(as you can tell - I mix and match alot of places LOL - anyway I am just looking for the best setup - information I can get -- and I know that most people always prefer free which makes sense so do I :) )

EA:
Powerflow NZDCAD
PZ Averaging EA
Autotrader Custom

Online donbon2

« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2019, 11:41:35 PM »
so I wanted to point something out in case it was not obvious

averaging EA -- the thing with this one is I tend to use the trend to open a position but if the trend changes you get stuck averaging against the trend -- most of the time this works out but you need to be aware that this can happen and if you make the box too wide - you end of with a crappy loss

hedging ea -- we saw in dec that when the market shrinks its ranges this one no matter what you do gets stuck and bombs out -- the key to it - is only using breakout for the entry - so you only open a trade when there is enough volatility to exit as planned or enter recovery without a SL

I will work on this continually till I find a stable combination .. right now I am working on the MA one - as I think people want to be long in rising markets and short in falling markets -- and not betting against them all the time .. of course markets don't always trend so will try to find something as stable as possible to run a few pairs with.

EA:
Powerflow NZDCAD
PZ Averaging EA
Autotrader Custom

Online donbon2

« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2019, 11:00:56 PM »
ok if you want to use the averaging one this is my suggestion :

use 4 hour chart

Day Trading Indicator

2 blocks of 3 trades -- 2 for multiplier

for EURUSD

expectancy is 47 pips
max profit 105
max move against 58 pips

so you can work your spacing out ---- so this will actually have a stop of like 85 points instead of trying to average for 400 points in some cases

another one

usdyen
51 pips
104 pips
53 pips

euryen
60 pips
131 pips
71 pips

euraud

nzdcad

anyway play around with those and see what you come up with.

Again the reason for going this way -- profit defined risk defined and those parameters show 88-92% accuracy

EA:
Powerflow NZDCAD
PZ Averaging EA
Autotrader Custom

Online donbon2

« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2019, 06:10:51 AM »
I have busted my butt off trying to find the best combination for members here at little to no cost -- I also picked up another licence of TDS so I could run on 2 pcs at same time - as this does take quite a lot of effort.

looking through it I can make the breakout EAs make money but the profit is low as they just take too many SL when the market goes quiet -- they are better turned off when nothing is happening which is not what people are looking for.

on the scalper side it is a real issue because the many profits get wiped out in a couple of bad trades - so it is alot of effort for those really bad days.

what however I have found is the easiest to make work and provide the best profits are the MA crossover one - where it can trail the SL and lock in profits from short and long positions -- as well as being on the right side of the market more often especially in big movements    .... so I would really suggest you download that one while it remains free and when I finish with some set files I will post some

EA:
Powerflow NZDCAD
PZ Averaging EA
Autotrader Custom

Online nwboater

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2019, 11:54:37 PM »

basically it has 50pt sl 200 pt take profit - with trailing and breakeven functions - trades both directions

Hi donbon2,

I just setup the PZ MA Cross EA with your set file on a 1k demo and have a couple of questions:

1. Is the 1k fixed lot size intended for a 1k account or is it to be determined by the user?

2. I see that it's set up to be a Martingale with multiplier of 2.0. Is your intention to run it that way?

I can't thank you enough for all the sharing you do here. I know that you put a great deal of time into this and have expertise probably way above most of us here. We are indeed fortunate!  :)

Cheers,
Rod

Offline Humble Trader's Fx

• Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2019, 11:58:16 PM »

Hi donbon2,

I just setup the PZ MA Cross EA with your set file on a 1k demo and have a couple of questions:

1. Is the 1k fixed lot size intended for a 1k account or is it to be determined by the user?

2. I see that it's set up to be a Martingale with multiplier of 2.0. Is your intention to run it that way?

I can't thank you enough for all the sharing you do here. I know that you put a great deal of time into this and have expertise probably way above most of us here. We are indeed fortunate!  :)

Cheers,
Rod

Hands down, an honorable member.

Thank you Donbon2!  :)

Regards,
HumbleTrader

We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Online donbon2

« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2019, 01:14:33 AM »

Hi donbon2,

Cheers,
Rod

no the 2 - is for 2% risk - you should adjust that as needed -- that is under position management

so for example I am running at 1% -- default in there though is 2% as I typically test 1k with 2% --- but whatever your comfortable with really -- and yes put on a demo for a few months and see how it trades and if you like it or not.

there is no martingale in this one at all -- all based off moving averages = and I think what we are going to see over time that this sort of approach will be the way forward in EAs -- where the EA trades back and forward but then goes with the move -- mean reversion is fine no doubt -- but it is so hard to avoid the big losses.

averaging and hedging - I have been using back and forward -- but have yet to find a set file where I go - ok I am done with this - this is perfect -- those are a work in progress.

(as mentioned for newer people - I would definately download the MA crossover one while it is free -- it just gives you more things that your looking for as a trader .... as always with something free - please load onto a demo first just to see that you are setting it up right - you see how it trades - and whether it makes money or not)

EA:
Powerflow NZDCAD
PZ Averaging EA
Autotrader Custom

Online donbon2

« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2019, 01:20:55 AM »
and I just want to say - I try my best with these set files -- but nothing is perfect yet - I am still evolving them as I find flaws and better alternatives

when I find the perfect set file for an EA and pair -- it will be labeled "FINAL"

we have not reached that stage with any of these as yet.

EA:
Powerflow NZDCAD
PZ Averaging EA
Autotrader Custom

Online nwboater

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2019, 02:34:58 PM »

Hi donbon2,

Cheers,
Rod

no the 2 - is for 2% risk - you should adjust that as needed -- that is under position management

so for example I am running at 1% -- default in there though is 2% as I typically test 1k with 2% --- but whatever your comfortable with really -- and yes put on a demo for a few months and see how it trades and if you like it or not.

there is no martingale in this one at all -- all based off moving averages = and I think what we are going to see over time that this sort of approach will be the way forward in EAs -- where the EA trades back and forward but then goes with the move -- mean reversion is fine no doubt -- but it is so hard to avoid the big losses.

averaging and hedging - I have been using back and forward -- but have yet to find a set file where I go - ok I am done with this - this is perfect -- those are a work in progress.

(as mentioned for newer people - I would definately download the MA crossover one while it is free -- it just gives you more things that your looking for as a trader .... as always with something free - please load onto a demo first just to see that you are setting it up right - you see how it trades - and whether it makes money or not)

Hi donbon2,

Thanks very much for your response. I do see the risk setting and it is at 2.0. But also under Money Management is a setting for Manual Lotsize For Each Trade which is at 0.1 and a setting for Martingale Lot Size Multiplier with is at 2.0. Please see screenshot of Settings:  https://gyazo.com/1164db0d4bb17fd73c09725b4bc7979d

Also on the EA description the vendor says "Implements a martingale and inverse martingale features"

Thanks Again,
Rod

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Z Trader FX EA by reinerh
[Today at 07:51:15 PM]

Re: Will cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin ever gain mass adoption? by Eliza Abrams
[Today at 04:35:38 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by Eliza Abrams
[Today at 04:30:33 PM]

Re: Z Trader FX EA by rsmereka
[Today at 03:05:01 PM]