PZ Averaging EA Set Files/Discussion
collapse

Author Topic: PZ Averaging EA Set Files/Discussion  (Read 1259 times)

Online donbon2

PZ Averaging EA Set Files/Discussion
« on: August 09, 2018, 11:05:21 PM »
I'm sorry this isnt a free EA - but on sale its like $149 so not too expensive use code BIRTHDAY if interested in this.

Please keep in mind what this EA does and doesn't do. It has built in strategies that open the trade - it trades according to plan but if the market goes against the trade then it will start an averaging plan until it can exit ... if that plan hits a certain amount then it will automatically just close the open positions at a loss.

you can also use your own EA to open the trade then set up a recovery process -- it is pretty flexible.

Also if your trade is open and the market changes where you dont want recovery just hit close all and it will close all -- or you can open an opposite trade and it will manage that as well... yes it has alot of features.

I have tested alot -- and I mean alot - there are some very good ways to trade this but you have to realize you are going to take a stop from time to time -- the market trends hard and even the best strategy cant save those sort of trades ... but what you can do is build a portfolio.

one trend trader - one range trader and one breakout -- that way you always make something on the trend - you will make some on the breakout but the range may lose -- so you can smooth out your equity curve ... this is my ultimate goal.

In saying that I will share one idea for one strategy and you can use it or lose it  LOL.
Broker - IC Markets   VPS - Amazon EC2 + CNS  

EA:
BS + BFS = not trading them at the moment due to market conditions

Wall St Evo (EUR/GBP/YEN/CAD) + Powerflow NZDCAD only

News - Thomson Reuters Eikon
Trade Manager - Visual Trading Console for MT4
Trading Rebates - through CashBackFX
Trade Notification EA - TradeTalk from FX Blue - free
VPS - I recommend Amazon EC2 ... but if you qualify get a broker sponsored one as well for scalpers

for my other EA Lab EAs just go to my myfxbookpage

Online donbon2

Re: PZ Averaging EA Set Files/Discussion
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 11:06:14 PM »
tds for 2018

4hr chart currency GBPYEN

EA:

VPS - I recommend Amazon EC2 ... but if you qualify get a broker sponsored one as well for scalpers

Online donbon2

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 11:08:15 PM »
graph

EA:

Online Humble Trader's Fx

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 01:19:17 PM »
I'm sorry this isnt a free EA - but on sale its like $149 so not too expensive use code BIRTHDAY if interested in this.

Please keep in mind what this EA does and doesn't do. It has built in strategies that open the trade - it trades according to plan but if the market goes against the trade then it will start an averaging plan until it can exit ... if that plan hits a certain amount then it will automatically just close the open positions at a loss.

you can also use your own EA to open the trade then set up a recovery process -- it is pretty flexible.

Also if your trade is open and the market changes where you dont want recovery just hit close all and it will close all -- or you can open an opposite trade and it will manage that as well... yes it has alot of features.

I have tested alot -- and I mean alot - there are some very good ways to trade this but you have to realize you are going to take a stop from time to time -- the market trends hard and even the best strategy cant save those sort of trades ... but what you can do is build a portfolio.

one trend trader - one range trader and one breakout -- that way you always make something on the trend - you will make some on the breakout but the range may lose -- so you can smooth out your equity curve ... this is my ultimate goal.

In saying that I will share one idea for one strategy and you can use it or lose it  LOL.

Will follow your lead; with a profit factor of 4.71 for the GBP/JPY, it looks like a winner. Keep posting your results.

Regards,
HumbleTrader
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 01:27:04 PM by Humble Trader's Fx »
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned by our hard work and intelligence.

Offline FLechdrop

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 02:42:51 PM »
I have been looking at this. How do you think it compares to the alternative, https://www.pointzero-trading.com/Products/view/PZSafetyNetEA ?

I found the seller saying that he thinks it is better, though not possible to use under US legislation. He also said the SafetyNet/Hedge Recovery EA generally does better in trending periods and the Averaging EA when the market is ranging.

Online donbon2

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 02:51:50 PM »
I have bought the hedge one as well - it has made alot of money today due to trend and I have just disabled it... as I set it on 10 points which means it was very market reactive -- so didnt want any gaps over weekend or anything to mess it up for next week.

averaging you have to watch the market to make sure to avoid those crazy days -- while hedge when the market slows down you need to turn it off.

the other one you mention doesnt keep the trades open like the other 2 - it closes and increases size on the next one .. I prefer the other style.

The reason I started an averaging thread is you can build a portfolio with it - and let it run most of the time ... hedge you cant do that -- basically you only want it running when the market is moving. (hope this explains it)

EA:

Online donbon2

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 02:56:18 PM »
the main downside to averaging EA - most of the strategies need the 4 hour chart to be more accurate and avoid the killer DD - so trades are less -- but from my testing 3-4 of them together should be 100% per year - if everything went according to normal.

anyway we can keep discussing this over time I guess - I prefer it because you take the trend setting -- just about any setting on short makes money but designing a matching set for long was challenging .. anyway best of luck.

EA:

Online donbon2

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 03:07:41 PM »
the funny thing is the EAs without averaging none of them make money except that BB set file.

entry prices and false breakouts hurt them so without the average entry most of them are a bust.

EA:

Offline FLechdrop

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 06:39:40 PM »
Have you already tried using it with your own EAs? It seems you have to put something in the code, so it could not be used with commercial EAs/indicators... Though I am sure there would be some way to work around that.

The downside to me is that if you have a reasonably good EA which gets most entries right, it does not help much if you are using only 0.01 lot for the initial entry...

Online donbon2

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 09:23:42 PM »
you can just change the lot size to suit your account.

most of these are designed for  1000 0.01 and if you get stopped about 80 to 90 dollar loss.... but you can change that by altering spacing - range and multiplier.

anyway its up to you really.

as far as me building EA lab EAs -- this averaging EAs can manage those trades -- but in those I am trying to get the best entries and not really averaging them out -- but there is alot you can do with this EA.

I am tired now will catch u next week.

EA:

Online donbon2

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2018, 09:35:41 PM »
you take the GBPYEN set file I posted - for most people that could run 0.01 with 250... or the multiple of 0.02 500 0.05 1250 etc

anyway these things are up to you

EA:

Offline dideco

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2018, 09:42:10 AM »
As far as I understood, in case I bought a EA by PZ , no set file would be provided to me?

Do you think hedge EA would have a better profit factor as long as with a better net profit in 2018 than a heiken ashi EA? Both are trend following EAs.

I tried to find good values for parameters of their free EAs (like Bollinger, supertrend , heiken ashi) but with no good results. I attach what I found which is not so good, unfortunately.

Online donbon2

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2018, 09:32:30 PM »
he doesnt provide any set files which is why I made this thread.

you are right and I have said this a few times before -- none of his free EAs make any money no matter what settings you use - the only one was the BB set file which I posted - but at the moment is in DD for me.

when you use averaging EA to trade the strategies then you can build set files that can work - but will always get stopped out at some point but overall profitable.

when you compare hedge to averaging they are 2 different things. Hedge really only works when the market is moving quickly so it can get in and out of trades fast -- otherwise you have to make a big zone and it will make next to no money. on the other hand averaging is best when the market is slower and when the market gives many chances to buy and sell ... personally my feeling is averaging is the better safer one -- hedging is much riskier.

really as I said the goal here is to have 3-4-5 strategies on averaging trading the same account - so they can offset any DD and make the equity curve smoother .... from my testing the real issue is the entry price they are often very bad.

EA:

Offline dideco

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2018, 06:47:35 PM »
actually, if you backtest over 2018 the heiken ashi and supertrend EAs with my presets, the net profit is > 0.
However it is not impressive (it is not 100% gain).

I haven't found any good preset with BB EA.

Online donbon2

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2018, 07:01:53 PM »
I shut the BB strategy down prefer to go with this one - simply because this is trading a certain entry signal and you can move around additional entries and it feels a better way to trade to me.

in saying that these strategies are not without risk because they are designed with a certain amount of market movement - and if the market moves more than that then your going to take a 8% hit even more if it is really disrupted .. these events are rare and the set files I developed also recover quite quickly ... so with these they are more long term strategies to be used with conservative settings.

if you want bigger risk/return then the BB EA with that set file is better compared to these.

also with these there will be less trades due to them being on longer time frames.

anyway these are my current thoughts best of luck.

EA:

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Best Free Scalper EA by FXautomater by donnajojo3
[Yesterday at 10:54:46 PM]

Re: Best Free Scalper EA by FXautomater by wallstreet.forex.robot
[Yesterday at 10:49:09 PM]

Re: Why we loss and how much we lost ? by wallstreet.forex.robot
[Yesterday at 10:28:36 PM]

Re: Why we loss and how much we lost ? by Eliza Abrams
[Yesterday at 02:47:00 PM]

Re: ASIC: 63% of Forex traders lose money by Eliza Abrams