collapse

Author Topic: PZ Averaging EA Set Files/Discussion  (Read 20492 times)

Online donbon2

Re: PZ Averaging EA Set Files/Discussion
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2018, 08:01:53 PM »
you cannot change anything other than the lot size for the set file - the recovery amount is set by that setting which is critical to performance -- so yeah lot size and nothing else please.

I will do more set files for other things -- but right now I would suggest the GBPYEN one and this EURUSD one - both show good performance -- although we obviously dont know future performance.

Online Humble Trader's Fx

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2018, 08:41:10 PM »

I would suggest the GBPYEN one and this EURUSD one - both show good performance -- although we obviously don't know future performance.

Hello, Donbo2; do we use the same *.set file for the GBP/JPY as you have provided for the EUR/USD?  :-[

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Online donbon2

« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2018, 08:59:41 PM »
no that is the first one in the thread it is 4 hour chart and doesnt trade as much but it makes money .. ie 20% a year if left to its own devices... the EURUSD one is more 100% a year

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2018, 09:18:51 PM »
no that is the first one in the thread it is 4 hour chart and doesnt trade as much but it makes money .. ie 20% a year if left to its own devices... the EURUSD one is more 100% a year

OOps  :-[, I thought we were discussing the Hedging EA, sorry about that.

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Online donbon2

« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2018, 09:44:57 PM »
yes your right that is the averaging EA not the hedging one.

if anyone is interested in developing these EAs over time - just like we are discussing now - they are all on sale with 50% off - so now would be the time for purchase.

also I got email yesterday argolab have 70% off their EAs as well -- so a pretty good time to make purchases.

I just see the PZ Grid/averaging/hedging eas -- as ones that I can work with that is why I bought them -- many other eas arent flexible and get pretty frustrating.

anyway I will support the thread the best I can and I do feel I have added alot of value with what I have provided so far - they all show nice performance to date.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2018, 09:51:41 PM »

if anyone is interested in developing these EAs over time - just like we are discussing now - they are all on sale with 50% off - so now would be the time for purchase.

also I got email yesterday argolab have 70% off their EAs as well -- so a pretty good time to make purchases.

I just see the PZ Grid/averaging/hedging eas -- as ones that I can work with that is why I bought them -- many other eas arent flexible and get pretty frustrating.

anyway I will support the thread the best I can and I do feel I have added alot of value with what I have provided so far - they all show nice performance t date.

Donbon2,  I am sure most members will support me by claiming that you are our most supportive and valuable contributor to our knowledge and "profit" ;) in this forum.

THANK YOU! 🙌

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Online nwboater

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2018, 11:15:12 PM »

anyway I will support the thread the best I can and I do feel I have added alot of value with what I have provided so far - they all show nice performance t date.

Donbon2,  I am sure most members will support me by claiming that you are our most supportive and valuable contributor to our knowledge and "profit" ;) in this forum.

THANK YOU! 🙌

Regards,
HumbleTrader

I totally agree!!! donbon2 you are incredible here with you broad experience and desire to share your knowledge and be of so much help.

We are indeed fortunate that you are a member of DonnaForex! :)

Cheers,
Rod

Online donbon2

« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2018, 12:51:55 AM »
cool thanks

I would also say that the PZ guy has noticed that there are more people downloading his free stuff and he it turning many of them to paid now -- so I would suggest to download as many of those as you like.

some suggestions as to what to get

Fractal Channels
Pivot Points
Oscillators
atr channels - keltner
trendlines

those are the ones I have on my charts these days

Alot of the EA ones I tested and couldnt make work are $20-$50 now so not alot lost there -- but the tradepad ea people might find that useful which is still free as well.

anyway it is worth picking through what is left for free - before it all eventually goes to paid.

Offline dideco

« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2018, 11:36:37 AM »
hi donbon2,

can you provide us myfxbook graphs of pz hedgeand averaging eas, please? I don't know how to be informed about gains, profit factor, dd, etc.

thank you.

Online donbon2

« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2018, 12:15:05 PM »
since I am providing the set files for free - you can do that yourself.

I have suggested many times to just load these on demo accounts see how they trade and if your happy with them move to a live account.

alternatively you can use TDS to backtest/optimize further if you want.

the only thing to change on the set files is the lot size.

overall you will see that they have been stable for some time -- but that does not mean in the future it will be the exact same.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2018, 01:19:20 PM »
hi donbon2,

can you provide us myfxbook graphs of pz hedgeand averaging eas, please? I don't know how to be informed about gains, profit factor, dd, etc.

thank you.

Hello, dideco.

Please try to learn the basics:
1) Download the EA's (purchase if you have to.) 2) Build your own myfxbook accounts.

We learn by doing and paying$.  :)

As you can see on my signature widget, I have posted the Hedging EA demo account, that means you only have to do half the work.

Best of luck.

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Offline chrisyeap

« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2018, 11:03:49 PM »
this is for the Hedge EA - which means higher risk higher reward basically.

the results are based of 1k  0.04 start lot size. .... 15 minute eurusd chart

result and setfile attached

please keep in mind that these are optimized for 2018 - further optimization may be needed in the future -- please load on a demo and see if you like it before you use it live.

the nuts and bolts of this are if you get stopped you lose 300 - should not happen often and entry is by fractal.... to generate 300 if you were to be stopped that is about 5 - 6 weeks of trading in a busy market to get it back.

If you are into higher risk - higher reward then this might interest you .... cheers.

Thank you Donbon for the effort.
Recently, I put this set file into my life account ($1k) on ICMarkets and face stopped out and lost after 5 trades due to Thanks Giving holiday as price ranging spiking both directions multiple times.  I have modified this set  file to 0.01 lot instead with 6 trades instead, back tested on this November month and survived (assuming spread not hit up to 4 pips when market opens) Anyone please verify it if possible.

Regards
Thanks.

Online nwboater

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2018, 12:55:33 AM »

Hi donbon2,

I just bought the Averaging EA and am going to set it up on a demo. I have some confusion on which set file is which.

The one that makes 20% a year I understand is the gbpjpy 4 hour that you gave in the first post. Correct?

I'm not sure which is the set file though for the EU that makes 100%/year? In reply #18 you said "on the averaging EA - I changed those - it runs Lopez Trend 4 hour on EUR and GBPYEN .. I'm not sure if I posted that one or not - it is same set file for both".

So should the Lopez Trend 4 hour using the GJ set file in the first post make ballpark 20% on GJ and 100% on EU? I just would like to confirm that I am interpreting things correctly.

Thanks so much for all the sharing and help you are doing here. It's really appreciated! :)

Cheers,
Rod

Online donbon2

« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2018, 06:17:34 AM »
sorry for not replying earlier but been out for a few days.

there are multiple set files in the thread some are low risk and some are high risk.

the EURUSD one backtested really well - with only 1 stop out in the last 14 months - but this month it already got stopped so pain in the ass really.

thats why I really suggest to put on demo first for a month make sure the trades match the backtesting and then go live -- if you want to modify it - no problems but please test first to make sure it is working properly.

also you have to be careful I have tried to label the set files for each EA -- but we have hedging and averaging in this thread.

also keep in mind that the higher risk eurusd one makes 10-15% a month if the market cooperates so a stop loss is a month and  a half of work down the drain - but it does target 100% a year.

anyway enough from me - I will take a look next week when I am back next week.

Online donbon2

« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2018, 06:26:56 AM »
and you might say work on more set files - but to be honest I will but when I spend 15 hours a day doing it - kind of get burnt out

also you got to keep in mind I am looking for ones where the risk reward makes sense - as the SL is a decent hit when you fund the accounts with just the minimum.

anyway back at it next week cheer for now

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Personal business by plamar
[Yesterday at 10:46:42 PM]

Re: Frero system by plamar
[Yesterday at 10:42:24 PM]

Re: Swap Master - Market Neutral Arbitrage Trading by plamar
[Yesterday at 10:32:58 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by fxopen78
[Yesterday at 09:20:25 PM]

Re: Swap Master - Market Neutral Arbitrage Trading by Skretcher