collapse

Author Topic: PZ Averaging EA Set Files/Discussion  (Read 20486 times)

Offline donbon2

Re: PZ Averaging EA Set Files/Discussion
« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2019, 06:10:45 PM »
it is an option but it is not selected --

auto lot size
manual lot size
or martingale

I used auto lot size to calculate size based on 2% -- but it can be changed

Online nwboater

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2019, 07:33:56 PM »
it is an option but it is not selected --

auto lot size
manual lot size
or martingale

I used auto lot size to calculate size based on 2% -- but it can be changed

Thanks very much donbon2.

Cheers,
Rod

Offline donbon2

« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2019, 09:35:03 PM »
you might say to yourself why should I be interested in an MA crossover style EA

1. safety -- this strategy is not going to bet against the market - if the market is up 400 points you are not short at the low - chances are you made money

2. it can trade both sides of the market and utilize breakeven and trailing features.

3. no martingale or other strategy

4. we have tried so many other EAs on this forum with mixed results -- some have good patches some have blown up -- we need something in the middle and I think this one delivers.

I am attaching TDS for the setfile attached as well

EURUSD 30m chart

5k balance 2 risk    Profit Factor 3.69

profit 1180 DD 138

12 months  60 trades

shorts won 93% long won 90%

I believe that this is a good strategy that can make you money - for no cost to yourselves.

If you have time set up a demo and run it for a month or two and see what you think .. it tests well so lets see how it goes in demo or small live environment.

(and yes as you can tell you really don't need 5k to run it -- you can adjust according to account balance and risk)

« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 09:41:09 PM by donbon2 »

Online nwboater

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2019, 11:24:16 PM »
you might say to yourself why should I be interested in an MA crossover style EA

1. safety -- this strategy is not going to bet against the market - if the market is up 400 points you are not short at the low - chances are you made money

2. it can trade both sides of the market and utilize breakeven and trailing features.

4. we have tried so many other EAs on this forum with mixed results -- some have good patches some have blown up -- we need something in the middle and I think this one delivers.

EURUSD 30m chart

profit 1180 DD 138

12 months  60 trades

I believe that this is a good strategy that can make you money - for no cost to yourselves.

If you have time set up a demo and run it for a month or two and see what you think .. it tests well so lets see how it goes in demo or small live environment.

(and yes as you can tell you really don't need 5k to run it -- you can adjust according to account balance and risk)

Hi donbon2,

Wow, this one looks really good! I'd like to confirm though that it uses the MA Crossover EA and not the PZ Averaging EA.

Thanks again very much!

Cheers,
Rod

Offline donbon2

« Reply #109 on: January 17, 2019, 12:45:09 AM »
that is right the one above is for MA Crossover which is currently free - but I am sure the guy will make it paid shortly just like he did with the others.

I feel like the above set file delivers what people want -- it is now time to put it on demo and for me live accounts .. the only thing people may not like is it doesn't trade all the time - but I cant really help that.

In my signature I have 4 MA Crossover Set Files 1 ichimoku and 1 stochs so it maybe easier for people to see what I have been working on.

Averaging and Hedge I will deliver FINAL set file for at some point - but I am still working on it.

Online nwboater

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #110 on: January 17, 2019, 12:54:54 AM »
that is right the one above is for MA Crossover which is currently free - but I am sure the guy will make it paid shortly just like he did with the others.

I feel like the above set file delivers what people want -- it is now time to put it on demo and for me live accounts .. the only thing people may not like is it doesn't trade all the time - but I cant really help that.

In my signature I have 4 MA Crossover Set Files 1 ichimoku and 1 stochs so it maybe easier for people to see what I have been working on.

Averaging and Hedge I will deliver FINAL set file for at some point - but I am still working on it.

Hi donbon2,

Thanks for the very prompt and helpful answer. I will soon set this up on a demo account.

If it delivers anywhere near what your BT's show it certainly is what this guy wants! And I don't see the low trading frequency as a detriment - in fact just the opposite. The less market exposure the better for me, and especially with the performance this one appears to deliver.

Cheers,
Rod

Offline donbon2

« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2019, 01:01:12 AM »
the one thing too is this is a sort of EA that wont get caught up in a flash crash - as it won't be holding opposite positions to the direction the market is moving .. so I think that is a big safety thing as well compared to scalpers / asian scalpers or marti-grid systems.

I added the other set files to the sig account just to make sure it was more active than it would otherwise be ... anyway lets see how it goes -- have a nice day :)

Online Humble Trader's Fx

• Global Moderator
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2019, 03:19:08 AM »
the one thing too is this is a sort of EA that wont get caught up in a flash crash - as it won't be holding opposite positions to the direction the market is moving .. so I think that is a big safety thing as well compared to scalpers / asian scalpers or marti-grid systems.

I added the other set files to the sig account just to make sure it was more active than it would otherwise be ... anyway lets see how it goes -- have a nice day :)

Curious, Donbon2 but with the  MA Crossover EA, I don't see any indicator lines appearing on the 30M EURUSD chart,  other than the smilie on the usual upper hight hand side, is this the way it is set up to work?

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Offline donbon2

« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2019, 03:29:13 AM »
yes that is correct ..... it is the only one of his eas that do that without all the extra info.

so yes just the smiley face.

the one trade in my sig so far was usdcad - but that has a different set file

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #114 on: January 17, 2019, 07:01:08 AM »

EURUSD 30m chart

profit 1180 DD 138

12 months  60 trades

In relation to my comment on the BB set file thread, owners of the FXAE BB EA or the full FXAE can do these crossover strategies with ease on the Autotrader. The only slight difference is the nature of the TS. PZ uses a % based TS; FXAE uses pip or ATR-based TS.

For anyone interested, the FXAE BB or FXAE full version of this donbon2 strategy  for the PZ MA crossover EA is replicated on the attached set file. So if you can't get the free PZ crossover EA but have the FXAE, you can run this MA crossover strategy; and maybe improve on it by making use of  some of the extra features. eg adding a higher TF MA crossover as well; and/or moving to ATR-based TP, SL and TS.

And of course the Controller system would ensure that it only trades on live while profitable.
Information and product page - http://www.diyforexskills.com/forex-tools/

Offline donbon2

« Reply #115 on: January 17, 2019, 09:25:53 AM »
yes we are really picking up our game now as I spend more time on them - so the controller is obviously a way to keep all these things under control.

the set files all have really strong PF - so I will let it go as is - and then after we see some results figure out the improvements via controller or otherwise

anyway I strongly suggest picking it up while it is free - as I get the feeling once a few people start downloading it - he makes it paid as well.

Offline Archer Asset Management

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2019, 09:51:43 AM »
Hi donbon2, have you tried his grid trading EA? like Gold, Pound, Euro Grid? Will they blow your account?
Money Manager:
www.archerassetmanagement.com

Signalstart:
https://www.signalstart.com/analysis/archer-asset-management/60897

Simpletrader:
https://www.simpletrader.net/signal/11272/Archer-Asset-Management.html

Longasia MAMM Registration:
https://trader.longasiafx.com/login?iid=n9NA42z3&uid=627&pid=043Z

Broker:
Long Asia Group operates through the following subsidiaries:

Long Asia Group NZ Limited (NZBN: 9429030748231) holds FSP241165 licence

A Long Asia Liquidity holds Indonesia ICDX brokerage membership licence:188/SPKB/ICDX/DIR/VIII/2018.

A Long Asia Liquidity holds Indonesia Clearing House ICH clearing membership licence: 165/SPKK/ICH-ALLL/VIII/2018

Long Asia Global LTD (Cyprus) is located at Acropoleos Avenue No. 74, Apt. 18, Nicosia, Cyprus

Offline donbon2

« Reply #117 on: January 17, 2019, 10:01:26 AM »
I own grid trading and have used it but not the specific ones he sells.

my impression is this -- right now with the market volatile and flash crashes around I would not use grids until the UK stuff is resolved

when the market quietens down then I would use it -- in the meantime the MA one I believe is safer and more profitable.

when it goes on sale again for 50% off then I would pick it up   grid/averaging/hedge they all have their uses.

I hope this answers your question

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #118 on: January 17, 2019, 10:21:51 AM »
I own grid trading and have used it but not the specific ones he sells.

my impression is this -- right now with the market volatile and flash crashes around I would not use grids until the UK stuff is resolved

when the market quietens down then I would use it -- in the meantime the MA one I believe is safer and more profitable.

when it goes on sale again for 50% off then I would pick it up   grid/averaging/hedge they all have their uses.

I hope this answers your question

;D :)
Money Manager:

Signalstart:

Simpletrader:

Broker:

A Long Asia Liquidity holds Indonesia ICDX brokerage membership licence:188/SPKB/ICDX/DIR/VIII/2018.

A Long Asia Liquidity holds Indonesia Clearing House ICH clearing membership licence: 165/SPKK/ICH-ALLL/VIII/2018

Long Asia Global LTD (Cyprus) is located at Acropoleos Avenue No. 74, Apt. 18, Nicosia, Cyprus

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #119 on: January 17, 2019, 11:11:57 AM »

hi donbon2, can you share what is the difference in the ma crossover vs ichi vs stochs ea? does it make sense to run ma, ichi and stochs ea on eurusd? why not just stick to optimizing one ea for all pairs?
Money Manager:

Signalstart:

Simpletrader:

Broker:

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Personal business by plamar
[Yesterday at 10:46:42 PM]

Re: Frero system by plamar
[Yesterday at 10:42:24 PM]

Re: Swap Master - Market Neutral Arbitrage Trading by plamar
[Yesterday at 10:32:58 PM]

Re: EUR/USD by fxopen78
[Yesterday at 09:20:25 PM]

Re: Swap Master - Market Neutral Arbitrage Trading by Skretcher
[Yesterday at 05:24:28 PM]