collapse

Author Topic: PZ Averaging EA Set Files/Discussion  (Read 15817 times)

Offline donbon2

Re: PZ Averaging EA Set Files/Discussion
« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2019, 12:06:23 AM »
here is the updated TDS for the set file for EUR 15m hedge EA

basically I built the set file - no stops at all

then the first one was at thanksgiving -- then back to normal -- then over XMAS time 3 stops together.

basically if you turn it off over those holidays all is good and back to normal -- so despite all that it made 100%

this is higher risk higher return with couple of those holiday tweaks works ok ... would suggest funding it with 1250 though instead of 1000 just leave a one SL buffer.
Broker - IC Markets   VPS - Amazon EC2 + CNS  

EA:
Powerflow NZDCAD
EA Lab MA Crossover

News - Thomson Reuters Eikon
Trade Manager - Visual Trading Console for MT4
Trading Rebates - through CashBackFX
Trade Notification EA - TradeTalk from FX Blue - free
VPS - I recommend Amazon EC2 - if you qualify for a Broker Sponsored one get CNS
PZ Support/Resistance Indicator / Day Trading Indicator

Online Humble Trader's Fx

• Global Moderator
« Reply #136 on: January 25, 2019, 01:57:03 AM »
here is the updated TDS for the set file for EUR 15m hedge EA

basically I built the set file - no stops at all

then the first one was at thanksgiving -- then back to normal -- then over XMAS time 3 stops together.

basically if you turn it off over those holidays all is good and back to normal -- so despite all that it made 100%

this is higher risk higher return with couple of those holiday tweaks works ok ... would suggest funding it with 1250 though instead of 1000 just leave a one SL buffer.

This is the same .set file that is currently running, as you had previously posted. It's a 1k demo account but since I am running it along with BS, I'll keep it as is for now and see where it leads. :)

Thank you.

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Love is the ink, wisdom is the message.

Offline donbon2

« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2019, 09:46:11 PM »
I looked at the product vr smart grid in marketplace to compare it to the pz grid

vr smart grid has more features - one good one is that when you add it will trail the last position sl and remove an unprofitable trade so work out of DD

the bad thing was that all the set files they provided all blew up - where I made set files for PZ grid where they wouldn't blow up -- by using the feature to only add 2 trades a day - and to close grid at one spacing unit profit -- these features allowed the grid to not build too quickly and one some spikes allow the whole grid to close ... where on the other one that was its weakness that it kept adding regardless and had no quick close option.

I think grid trading has its place actually because it is robotic - has no emotion - and if you can identify a range for the market -- it is probably better to just let the grid trade it.

anyway I consider this research for the future .. foot is killing me so catch you guys monday.

EA:
Powerflow NZDCAD
EA Lab MA Crossover

VPS - I recommend Amazon EC2 - if you qualify for a Broker Sponsored one get CNS

Offline donbon2

« Reply #138 on: January 28, 2019, 11:23:14 PM »
I know it looks like I have been solely working on MA Crossover - but with 2 copies of TDS now I am running on 2 PCs - so I have been working on both the averaging and hedge versions.

for right now I would suggest using the Hedge EA with the EUR set file .. that is the best one I have for right now - but it is high risk

averaging well I wanted to make use of the addition of the divergence module which should be something that works well with averaging - but the issue is there is always a rogue trade that just kills the performance ... especially since if you just went with the move you would be way better off ..... I really have not found an ideal setting yet that I am comfortable with -- so I will keep at it --- the answer will be in the fact that one specific currency pair will work while the others wont so I will just have to find that.

once I find a good one for both then I will move onto the grid one -- that is the plan.

EA:
Powerflow NZDCAD
EA Lab MA Crossover

Offline energetic

« Reply #139 on: March 14, 2019, 03:24:33 PM »
hi, donbon2, are you still running these ea?
Any setting update?

I know it looks like I have been solely working on MA Crossover - but with 2 copies of TDS now I am running on 2 PCs - so I have been working on both the averaging and hedge versions.

for right now I would suggest using the Hedge EA with the EUR set file .. that is the best one I have for right now - but it is high risk

averaging well I wanted to make use of the addition of the divergence module which should be something that works well with averaging - but the issue is there is always a rogue trade that just kills the performance ... especially since if you just went with the move you would be way better off ..... I really have not found an ideal setting yet that I am comfortable with -- so I will keep at it --- the answer will be in the fact that one specific currency pair will work while the others wont so I will just have to find that.

once I find a good one for both then I will move onto the grid one -- that is the plan.

Offline donbon2

« Reply #140 on: March 14, 2019, 11:26:09 PM »
I released set files that were optimized for the last 18 months - I can rerun them and post results.

All my time has been taken up with MA Crossover -- we started off with some and have advanced them and now performance is very good - hopefully once the older ones get overtaken on my widget - it will start to show its true results.

as far as updating more set files - yup I will do it - but it wont be in the next month -- I want to finish the autotrader version of MA crossover and an EALab version.

anyway let me update the data in TDS and then I will check the results and post for you.

EA:
Powerflow NZDCAD
EA Lab MA Crossover

Offline donbon2

« Reply #141 on: March 15, 2019, 12:09:07 AM »
GBPYEN averaging 4 hour

you can really run this on a $300 account -- if your just starting in EAs this is a good one to run.

because the entry is based on a breakout - it does not trade alot but it just makes money

want to trade bigger just change the lot size

EA:
Powerflow NZDCAD
EA Lab MA Crossover

Offline energetic

« Reply #142 on: March 15, 2019, 02:44:14 PM »
hi, donbon2,
Thanks for your rapid respond.

GBPYEN averaging 4 hour

you can really run this on a $300 account -- if your just starting in EAs this is a good one to run.

because the entry is based on a breakout - it does not trade alot but it just makes money

want to trade bigger just change the lot size

browse forum