collapse

Author Topic: Axitrader  (Read 6039 times)

Offline Zab8

Re: Axitrader
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2019, 11:19:54 PM »
I have two accounts with AxiTrader using servers US03-Live and US02-Live.

Both servers appear to be down and they have no idea how to fix the issue.
Anyone else having issues connecting to their live accounts at Axi?

Online reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2019, 11:53:59 PM »

whats the problem, you have plenty other life servers you can connect.

Offline Humble Trader's Fx

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2019, 01:18:40 AM »

My live accounts are o.k.

Contact support and chat with Axi.

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Offline Zab8

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2019, 05:34:38 AM »

Apparently, you cannot change servers of live accounts unless you open a new one. This can also be because it's connected to Zulu as a Trader account.

Offline Zab8

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2019, 05:38:37 AM »

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Yes, I'm in contact with support. They wanted me to run a few diagnostic tests, and claim the issue is probably with my VPS (which is working just fine).

Just wanted to check if anyone else was having the same issue.

Thanks

Online Nasdaq100

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2019, 06:32:27 AM »
Why don't you just open your account from your own personal PC then? That should easily rule out the VPS BS if the problem is still there.

Online reinerh

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2019, 08:40:21 AM »

Apparently, you cannot change servers of live accounts unless you open a new one. This can also be because it's connected to Zulu as a Trader account.

that makes sense.

try from home pc, to rule out vps.

might be a firewall issue.

Offline Managedforexltd

• ManagedForexLTD
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2019, 02:41:01 PM »

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Yes, I'm in contact with support. They wanted me to run a few diagnostic tests, and claim the issue is probably with my VPS (which is working just fine).

Just wanted to check if anyone else was having the same issue.

Thanks

Best thing to do in VPS , when you click the MT4 icon, right click "run as administrator".
Failing that, get the IP address from support of the trading server and insert in the server field.

Online nwboater

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2019, 03:38:07 PM »
I just got an email from AxiTrader stating that they will no longer allow clients who are not residents of Australia or New Zealand. We have until June 28, 2019 to either transfer our accounts to their Entity in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, or to close any open positions.

This comes as a big shock, especially to a Canadian resident who has been kicked out of ICM and has very limited choices of good regulated brokers, other than ESMA ones.

In researching regulations in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines I found they basically don't exist!!!
http://svgfsa.com/alert-2-of-2018-foreign-exchange-forex-trading-and-cryptocurrency-offerings/
https://55brokers.com/forex-brokers-st-vincent-the-grenadines/
There are other warnings listed on the svgfsa website above.

So for me it seems like a big gamble to let Axitrader transfer my accounts to their new Saint Vincent and the Grenadines operation. At this point I'm still in a bit of shock and don't know what I will do. :(

Rod

Offline Balanced FX Portfolios

• One of the good guys
    • Balanced FX Portfolios
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2019, 04:26:02 PM »
I just got an email from AxiTrader stating that they will no longer allow clients who are not residents of Australia or New Zealand. We have until June 28, 2019 to either transfer our accounts to their Entity in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, or to close any open positions.

This comes as a big shock, especially to a Canadian resident who has been kicked out of ICM and has very limited choices of good regulated brokers, other than ESMA ones.

In researching regulations in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines I found they basically don't exist!!!
http://svgfsa.com/alert-2-of-2018-foreign-exchange-forex-trading-and-cryptocurrency-offerings/

So for me it seems like a big gamble to let Axitrader transfer my accounts to their new Saint Vincent and the Grenadines operation. At this point I'm still in a bit of shock and don't know what I will do. :(

Rod

Interesting. I can't find any information online about this. Intrigued to know more and whether their future plans will also affect UK clients.

I have the bulk of my capital with AxiTrader, here in the UK. Although I have started to move some of it across to IG now, as I want to be with a broker who is completely UK based. I"m also a bit wary about what happened with Fixi, which I believe was also owned by / associated with AxiTrader.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 04:27:39 PM by Balanced FX Portfolios »

Online nwboater

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2019, 04:37:45 PM »
These are the first two paragraph of their email. The rest of it deals with transferring accounts and what will happen if I don't.

"Due to recent Australian regulatory announcements AxiCorp has decided to cease servicing clients who are resident outside of Australia and New Zealand on 30 June 2019.
To minimise the impact to clients, AxiCorp has arranged for AxiTrader Limited to take over the provision of financial services. AxiTrader is 100% owned by AxiCorp, is incorporated in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines (number 25417 BC 2019) and registered by the Financial Services Authority of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines."

I also looked on their website and found nothing. This seems like a bit of a sudden decision on their part as we only have 10 days.

You might ask on their chat if this will affect UK customers.

Good luck,
Rod

Online HFT Group

• HFT Group Forex Rebates
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2019, 10:31:09 PM »

Rod

This has been coming for awhile. ASIC now require Australian brokers to provide comprehensive data on clients. ASIC are looking into the legality of Australian brokers offering and providing services to clients outside Australia and New Zealand. Although not law yet I believe, some brokers have taken the action of opening offshore entities to retain overseas clients. Other brokers are waiting to see if these new requirements become law. Axitrader UK clients should not be affected.

https://www.financemagnates.com/forex/brokers/asic-enforcement-of-product-intervention-could-take-up-to-2-years/
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 07:22:17 AM by HFT Group »

Online nwboater

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2019, 01:27:11 PM »

Rod

This has been coming for awhile. ASIC now require Australian brokers to provide comprehensive data on clients. ASIC are looking into the legality of Australian brokers offering and providing services to clients outside Australia and New Zealand. Although not law yet I believe, some brokers have taken the action of opening offshore entities to retain overseas clients. Other brokers are waiting to see if these new requirements become law. Axitrader UK clients should not be affected.

https://www.financemagnates.com/forex/brokers/asic-enforcement-of-product-intervention-could-take-up-to-2-years/

Hi HFT,

Thanks very much for your post and the link to the Forex Magnates article. Although any new ASIC regulations could take many different forms I find that regulators are prone to make things more stringent that the other way.

I guess I could try to find another ASIC broker that will accept Canadians and hope for some more time. But changing brokers is a complication I don't want much more of.

Using non, or poorly regulated brokers for any decent amount of funds is scary! This coupled with my poor Forex results the past few years has me seriously considering throwing in the towel!

Rod
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 01:34:32 PM by nwboater »

Offline Balanced FX Portfolios

• One of the good guys
    • Balanced FX Portfolios
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2019, 02:07:41 PM »
Thanks for the additional info.

Online Fastrack Forex

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2019, 03:19:03 PM »
sadly even ICM is doing that.