collapse

Author Topic: TradeTheForexMarket.com  (Read 12368 times)

Offline rsmereka

• Future Lab
Re: TradeTheForexMarket.com
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2018, 05:09:47 PM »
edlomax,

Thanks for that.

I had a hunch that the price difference would not matter that much given the stop loss which affects the 'R' value.

Actually, I am in an interesting position of traveling when your signals are published and do not typically get to a computer until around 5:30 ET. I think I be ok with that lag but I am going to track how far my open price is from yours.

Offline mandela123

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2018, 04:35:11 AM »
Eldomax
I have been through your performance manually. Can you show me how you attained a 2R win with the following trade.
EUR/CHF      (1/25) Sell @ 1.1661 SL @ 125 Pips TP @ 250 Pips
(1/30) Move SL @ BE

(2/5) Target Hit @ +2R

I have checked across 4 different trading platforms that I trade on and the lowest price traded was 1.1446. No ways that your 250 pips could have been hit or  +2R

All the reasons why a myfxbook link is important .
NB. This is not  the the only trade in question. I can point you to other trades with discrepancies in the reporting of your results. Suffice to say one false reporting of a result calls into integrity all your other results reported without compelling proof

Offline edlomax

• Trade The Forex Market
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2018, 04:50:05 PM »
Eldomax
I have been through your performance manually. Can you show me how you attained a 2R win with the following trade.
EUR/CHF      (1/25) Sell @ 1.1661 SL @ 125 Pips TP @ 250 Pips
(1/30) Move SL @ BE

(2/5) Target Hit @ +2R

I have checked across 4 different trading platforms that I trade on and the lowest price traded was 1.1446. No ways that your 250 pips could have been hit or  +2R

All the reasons why a myfxbook link is important .
NB. This is not  the the only trade in question. I can point you to other trades with discrepancies in the reporting of your results. Suffice to say one false reporting of a result calls into integrity all your other results reported without compelling proof

Hello,

You are absolutely right.  I checked my charts and I made a mistake in posting the stop loss and take profit levels.  My stop loss range for EURCHF is between 75 and 125 pips.  In most cases it is the higher number and I guess I got accustomed to writing that.  However, on the trade in question I used a 75 pips stop and a 150 pip target.  The reason was because there was a strong candle down and 75 pips was above that candle and the 150 pip target was within the predetermined range I had before I considered it to be extremely oversold.

When I place trades I have a predetermined stop loss range for each pair.  I also have a dynamic range where I identify overbought and oversold zones.  In order to take a trade, I like to see the target land before it reaches an overbought or oversold area while still adhering to the 1:2 risk to reward ratio.  The only exception to this is if there is a very strong trend, where I might take a trade even though it is reaching one of these zones.

I'm not sure exactly how this forum works as far as posting images, but I tried to post an image as an attachment.

This was human error on my part and I apologize.  It was not some sinister way to try to mislead you.

In the service I type everything by hand, but I also provide a screen shot of the chart with the trade instructions.  So, hopefully that will keep errors like these to a minimum.

I do understand that using myfxbook can help clear up any of these issues.  As stated earlier on this thread, I am working on setting up an account at Darwinex to trade the Forex pairs, and once this is set up, I will hook that account up to myfxbook and hopefully avoid any reporting issues.

Again, I am sorry for my mistake and an confusion this has caused.

Offline edlomax

• Trade The Forex Market
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2018, 10:30:04 PM »
A Little About The Trading Strategy At Trade The Forex Market

Trade The Forex Market is a signals service, not a teaching site, so I do not teach the trading strategy used to create the signals.  However, I do feel it is a good idea to share some information on the strategy so potential subscribers can get a better understanding about how the signals are generated.

End Of Day Strategy

The signals are generated off the Daily chart.  Therefore, a valid signal is generated at the close of the Daily candle, and the open of the new Daily candle.  Furthermore, all other trading activities (moving stop loss, manually closing trades, etc.) are done at this time.

So, we are looking at the charts once a day, and making our trading decisions then.  Since our broker changes from one day to the next at 5 PM New York Time, this is when we trade.

In order to get the signals dashboard updated as close to this time as possible, I do my trading slightly before 5 PM NY time.  This allows me to take any trading activity and update the site between 5:00 and 5:30 PM NY time, and sometimes even before.

Set And Forget Strategy

Once the trading activity is completed for the day, there is nothing more to do until the next trading day at the same time.  We are not taking any trade actions at any other time, therefore, there is no need for  any intraday trade instructions.  We don't use automatic trailing stops or expert advisors to manage the trades.

Basically, you set the trade up or take action once a day, and that is it.

Overbought and Oversold Levels

We use a dynamic range to visualize overall market movement for each instrument.  This helps us identify potential overbought and oversold zones.  We want to avoid getting into trades that are potentially running out of steam.

Excellent trade setups tend to happen when we are bouncing out of one of these zones.  The exception to this is when we are in an extremely strong trend.  So, the first thing we look for is where price is in respect to potential overbought and oversold zones.

Specific Changes In Price Movement And Direction

We do not just jump into trades because they are in an overbought or oversold zone.  We look for specific changes on the charts in order to identify a potential trade setup.

Filtering

Once a potential setup is identified, we use a filter to verify the trade.  This filter might keep us out of the very beginning of a move, but it can also keep us from jumping into moves that just turn out to be pullbacks.  We are looking for only the best setups to take.

Stop Loss and Take Profit Values

We have a specific range of stop loss values for each instrument we trade.  These ranges are created by taking into account recent price movement and the Average Daily Range over the long term.  We then look for places in the market that make sense to place the stop that fits within this minimum and maximum value. 

We only take trades with a potential 1:2 risk to reward.  So, once the stop loss is calculated, we can determine the take profit level.

This is our final filter.  Once we plan the trade on the chart with the stop loss and take profit levels, we look for the trade to make sense in terms of the overbought and oversold zones.  We are looking for trades that allow for enough potential movement before hitting these zones in order to place the trade.  (As stated above, if we are in an extremely strong trend, there are times we will take a trade close to the overbought or oversold zones).

So there is a sequence to how our trades develop:

1. We look for where price is in connection to our overbought and oversold zones and look for setups around these areas
2. We wait for specific things to happen on our chart to constitute a potential trade setup
3. Once we have a potential trade setup, we look for confirmation using our filter
4. And finally, we plan out the trade with stop loss and take profit levels to see if the trade makes sense

When everything looks good, we place the trade.

Trading Multiple Instruments

Since we are looking for very specific conditions on our charts before entering a trade, we trade 15 Currency Pairs, Gold, Silver, Bitcoin and Ethereum.  This gives us enough trading opportunities throughout the year to reach our goals.

I think you can see there is a well thought out, rule based strategy behind the signals.  However, this does not mean it is perfect, as there is no such thing as a perfect trading strategy.  There will be losing trades, even losing streaks.  There will be trades that don't hit our 2 times risk target, due to being closed out early manually or by having a trailing stop hit.

But overall, this is a solid strategy that I believe gives us an edge in the market and can lead to long term profits.

I hope this gives you some insight as to what is going on behind the scenes at Trade The Forex Market.

Offline edlomax

• Trade The Forex Market
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2018, 03:50:21 PM »
How Trades Are Managed At Trade The Forex Market

I wanted to talk a little about how the trade signals are managed at Trade The Forex Market.

When trades are placed, there is a stop loss and take profit level.  For currencies and metals, the take profit is always 2 times the stop loss, or a 1:2 risk to reward ratio.  For Cryptocurrencies, the take profit is 3 times the stop loss, or a 1:3 risk to reward ratio.

So, from the start of the trade, we are looking for trades with a positive risk to reward ratio.  Only trades that fit this risk to reward ratio requirements will be taken.

But we also manage the trade as it progresses.

Moving The Stop To Breakeven

At a certain point, we may move our stop loss to breakeven to eliminate risk on the trade.  This is an important step because it takes the risk off the trade, as well as the emotions of having money at risk.  If price comes back to stop us out, this is considered a 0R trade.

Locking In Profits

At a certain point, we may move our stop loss to lock in profits.  This is usually at the 1R level, mean we lock in the same amount we risked on the trade.  If price comes back to stop us out, this is considered a 1R trade.

Manually Closing Trades

There are instances where we will manually close a trade due to what we see on the charts.  Trades are usually only closed manually if we are in profit.  However, there could be rare instances where we close a trade before it hits our stop loss because we get  a strong signal in the opposite direction.

Keep in mind, all the trading activity (opening trades, moving the stop loss or manually closing a trade), happen at the same time of day.  We only take trade actions around 5 PM New York time.  So, all trading activity is done only once a day.

As you know, we use R-Multiples to track our performance. 

A losing trade is -1R.
A winning trade is +2R (or +3R for Crypto)

But due to the way we manage the trade as it progresses also leads to 0R trades or trades anywhere between 0R and +2R.

So, you should notice we are using a "set and forget" style of trading where we set up the trade or manage the trade only once a day.  But we are not just setting the trade and then doing nothing until the stop loss or take profit is hit.  There are also trade management activities that can be performed at trading time.

Offline edlomax

• Trade The Forex Market
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2018, 04:07:31 PM »
Frequency And Duration Of Trade The Forex Market Trades

It is only logical when you join a signals service to expect a lot of signals.  After all, if it is a "signals" service after all, and the subscriber is paying for signals.

But I would argue people don't just join a signals service because they want any old signal.  No, they want high probability signals.  And high probability signals are less frequent.

At Trade The Forex Market, we trade from the Daily time frame.  The Daily time frame tends to be more stable and lead to better and stronger setups than the lower time frames.  But that also means we are going to get fewer trade setups, which means fewer signals.

However, I don't think this is a bad thing.  After all, knowing when to stay out of the market can be just as important as knowing when to execute a trade.

Likewise, trading off the Daily time frame means once we do get into a trade, it could last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.  Trade don't just take a while to develop into a strong signal, but they also take time to mature.

The best way to get an idea of the trade frequency and duration is to go over the past performance on the website.  You will seen when trades were entered, how they were managed and when they were closed.  This will give you a good idea of what it is like as a subscriber of Trade The Forex Market.

Now, I know some of you might be thinking "more trades equals more profits".  But that is not necessarily the case.  Plus, for me, profits made in a slower end of day, set and forget kind of way just seem more "worth it".

Why Your Earnings Must Exceed Your Efforts

Everybody gets involved in Forex trading because they want to make money.  That is a given.  But the real question is how much money do you need to earn in order to make trading Forex "worth it"?

Here is what I am talking about.

Let's say you trade off the 15 minute time frame and spend 8 hours a day sitting in front of the charts.  For that type of effort, you would need to make a lot of money in order to feel compensated.  And imagine how upset you would be putting in those type of hours and ending the day with a loss. 

Just think about what a losing week or month would feel like.

Yes, some traders can trade the intraday charts profitably.  And if that is your chosen style, then so be it.  But that seems like a tremendous effort to put into trading, and a lot of stress.  If the reward is not high, it is just not going to feel worth it.

Trading is hard enough.  And feeling undercompensated for your efforts is certainly going to be a hard pill to swallow.

On the other hand, if you only spend 10 minutes a day trading off the Daily charts, the amount of effort is minimum.  This means it is easier to feel compensated for your time and effort.  Basically, you are putting in such little effort, that it lowers the amount of earnings you need to make in order to make trading feel worthwhile.

Don't dismiss how important this is.  If you are putting in a tremendous effort and long hours, you will expect to earn more.  But only if your Earnings Exceed Your Efforts will you stick with the trading over the long term which is where the real wealth building occurs.

So, yes, there might be less trade signals that last longer at Trade The Forex Market compared to other signals services.  But that could actually be quite a good thing.

Offline petermatt

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2018, 09:47:17 PM »
Hi Edward,

Didn't you previously run another signal service called Set & Forget which I subscribed to back in 2013 and cancelled after the results I obtained did not reflect the previous history you showed on that site. It appears that the old site has basically gone along with the performance.
What's different with this "new" service apart from you using Daily Charts?

Pete

Offline edlomax

• Trade The Forex Market
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2018, 10:31:52 PM »
Hi Edward,

Didn't you previously run another signal service called Set & Forget which I subscribed to back in 2013 and cancelled after the results I obtained did not reflect the previous history you showed on that site. It appears that the old site has basically gone along with the performance.
What's different with this "new" service apart from you using Daily Charts?

Pete

Hello,

As I mentioned in my opening post, I did run a signals service back in 2013.  This was basically a straddle strategy on the H1 charts.  Pending orders were placed and then I provided an EA to manage the trade after it was triggered.

Due to the nature of the signals, it was more difficult for everyone to get the same results.  Since we were going after smaller pip amounts, the spread and price feed of the broker the subscriber used could lead to very different results.  Plus, they would have to use a VPS or keep their charts open all the time so the EA could manage the trade.

So, any differences you experienced were due to these issues and not because I was misleading people.

Since 2015 I have run a different signals service, which still has subscribers, and uses a similar strategy to what I am doing now at the new site.  Basically, trading off the Daily charts and going for larger pip numbers in an end of day, set and forget style means we can all get very similar results.  (I won't say the exact results because we are all not placing the trade at exactly the same time, but very similar).  Under this new format, I do not receive complaints about getting different trade results, that could happen more frequently on the lower time frames.

I do have to mention that past performance does not guarantee future results.  Past performance can give you an idea of what to expect, but in no way means you are going to get the same exact results as past months.  In my experience, there are a few months every year that provide the bulk of the profits.  Other months can be decent, small gains or even losing months or losing streaks.

I know this is not what you want to hear when joining a signals service.  But there are slow months or losing months along the way.  And I know if you join during one of these months, it is a very hard pill to swallow.  But that is the nature of trading, and of the markets.

I do not claim to win every month.  But I believe my way of trading can provide long term profits.  And while my expectation is to be profitable, I do not expect my results to be the same from one year to the next.  Over the long run, there will be some years that are better than others.

Hope this clears things up.

Offline edlomax

• Trade The Forex Market
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2018, 10:33:07 PM »
Here is the UPDATE for the Trade The Forex Market signals for the month of AUGUST.

Currency Trades:

GBPCAD Sell = +2R
GBPCHF Sell = +2R
AUDUSD Buy = -1R
USDJPY Sell = 0R
CADCHF Buy = -1R
USDCAD Sell = 0R

6 Trades, 2 Winners, 2 Losers and 2 Breakeven trades for a total of +2R in profits.

Metals Trades:

There were no closed metals trades this month.

Cryptocurrency Trades:

BTCUSD Sell = +1R
ETHUSD Sell = +3R

2 Trades, 2 Winners for a total of +4R in profits.

Grand total for the signals for the month was +6R in profits.

Offline petermatt

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2018, 11:11:41 PM »

Hello,

As I mentioned in my opening post, I did run a signals service back in 2013.  This was basically a straddle strategy on the H1 charts.  Pending orders were placed and then I provided an EA to manage the trade after it was triggered.

Due to the nature of the signals, it was more difficult for everyone to get the same results.  Since we were going after smaller pip amounts, the spread and price feed of the broker the subscriber used could lead to very different results.  Plus, they would have to use a VPS or keep their charts open all the time so the EA could manage the trade.

So, any differences you experienced were due to these issues and not because I was misleading people.

Since 2015 I have run a different signals service, which still has subscribers, and uses a similar strategy to what I am doing now at the new site.  Basically, trading off the Daily charts and going for larger pip numbers in an end of day, set and forget style means we can all get very similar results.  (I won't say the exact results because we are all not placing the trade at exactly the same time, but very similar).  Under this new format, I do not receive complaints about getting different trade results, that could happen more frequently on the lower time frames.

I do have to mention that past performance does not guarantee future results.  Past performance can give you an idea of what to expect, but in no way means you are going to get the same exact results as past months.  In my experience, there are a few months every year that provide the bulk of the profits.  Other months can be decent, small gains or even losing months or losing streaks.

I know this is not what you want to hear when joining a signals service.  But there are slow months or losing months along the way.  And I know if you join during one of these months, it is a very hard pill to swallow.  But that is the nature of trading, and of the markets.

I do not claim to win every month.  But I believe my way of trading can provide long term profits.  And while my expectation is to be profitable, I do not expect my results to be the same from one year to the next.  Over the long run, there will be some years that are better than others.

Well, I cancelled my subscription to the original Set & Forget after going live and losing 623 pips in the first month.
Since then you seem to have tried to become an affiliate to many other Signal Services based on emails you have sent in the past (FX Range Traders - Defunct, Tribe Forex etc) as well as new names for your own service (Red Iron - which seems to have ended sometime in 2015) and Forex EOD signals. On the last web site you created https://forexinvestinglive.com you have been offering 7 different systems none of which have any history on myfxbook and all of which appear to have been stopped with very lacklustre performance this year for all of them (see notification at the end of each signal web page in the attachment). Up until you decided to start a "new" service TradeTheForexMarket the results from your existing signal service on Forex Investing Live for YTD 2018 are:

1. Forex End Of Day (-963 pips)
2. Set and Forget - (-1266 pips)
3. Uboat - (-960)
4. Forex Aggressive - Started 2017 No Published Performance
5. Forex Conservative - Started 2017 No Published Performance
6. Bitcoin Swing - (-5.6R)
7. Bitcoin Trend - (-3R)

I do find it interesting that you performance measuring methodology has now change to using R instead of pips. I guess seeing all of those red pips is more emotive than just seeing 1 or 2 Rs.
Do you just sit down one day and say lets start a new web site and change the performance measurement and see if we can regain the subscribers we have lost in the last 8 months which you have a history of doing.

I would strongly suggest that members use caution with this provider.

Peter

Offline Tripper

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2018, 08:27:10 PM »
Doesn't look great does it.

The returns on your other site are pretty terrible.

Offline primi

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2018, 08:46:43 PM »
I'm not defending him one bit but moving to R instead of pips is in fact much more transparent.

Offline petermatt

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2018, 09:46:56 PM »
I'm not defending him one bit but moving to R instead of pips is in fact much more transparent.

Irrespective of pips or Rs, there is not a single verified myfxbook/FX Blue account to show for any of the signals he has sold in the past since 2012 nor indeed in this current iteration which really goes to the heart of transparency.

Pete

Offline edlomax

• Trade The Forex Market
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2018, 10:16:38 PM »

Hello,

Well, I cancelled my subscription to the original Set & Forget after going live and losing 623 pips in the first month.
Since then you seem to have tried to become an affiliate to many other Signal Services based on emails you have sent in the past (FX Range Traders - Defunct, Tribe Forex etc) as well as new names for your own service (Red Iron - which seems to have ended sometime in 2015) and Forex EOD signals. On the last web site you created https://forexinvestinglive.com you have been offering 7 different systems none of which have any history on myfxbook and all of which appear to have been stopped with very lacklustre performance this year for all of them (see notification at the end of each signal web page in the attachment). Up until you decided to start a "new" service TradeTheForexMarket the results from your existing signal service on Forex Investing Live for YTD 2018 are:

1. Forex End Of Day (-963 pips)
2. Set and Forget - (-1266 pips)
3. Uboat - (-960)
4. Forex Aggressive - Started 2017 No Published Performance
5. Forex Conservative - Started 2017 No Published Performance
6. Bitcoin Swing - (-5.6R)
7. Bitcoin Trend - (-3R)

I do find it interesting that you performance measuring methodology has now change to using R instead of pips. I guess seeing all of those red pips is more emotive than just seeing 1 or 2 Rs.
Do you just sit down one day and say lets start a new web site and change the performance measurement and see if we can regain the subscribers we have lost in the last 8 months which you have a history of doing.

I would strongly suggest that members use caution with this provider.

Peter

Let me address some of the issues you bring up.

In my opening post, I explain how Trade The Forex Market came about because the other signals service I run (Forex Investing Live) has been in a consolidation, drawdown period for some time.  This is what made me explore other ways of trading (with dynamic stops and 1:2 risk to reward targets).  And that is what lead to the new site.  I did not trying to hide anything here.

I still have subscribers in Forex Investing Live and continue to trade for them.  I have even recently added more currency pairs and eliminated some of the signals packages so we can focus on getting back on track to profitability.  My desire is to see the pip numbers reach new highs.

Making adjustments is not just something I am doing as a trader.  According to an article I read on Bloomberg called, "FX Traders Pivot To Tactical Bets As Old-School Strategies Flop", a lot of the big players have been struggling and making adjustments as well.

So yes, there are a lot of red pip numbers over the past year.  And as you point out, those numbers are displayed on my website.  A lot of people mention not having MyFXBook with the suggestion I am trying to hide something.  Well, if that is the case, why would I put up all these red numbers?

I'll tell you.  It is because I report what is actually happening.  And I think the fact these red pip numbers are there prove that.

Of course, you focus on the negative, without mentioning the overall pip numbers for both End Of Day and Set and Forget signals are over 11,000 and 13,000.

You mention you lost 623 pips.  That sounds like a lot.  But if you put it in perspective, it is not.  The truth is, trades have a 200 pip stop loss.  So, this was a little over 3 losing trades of losses.  If your money management cannot absorb 3 losing trades before you run for the hills, then maybe you were risking too much.  The larger stop loss values due to taking trades off the Daily charts should be taken into account.

Being able to have this perspective is the reason I switched to using R-Multiples.

So, I fully agree.  My strategies have been struggling for some time.  This is what happened, and this is what I reported.  But I have also taken measures to improve the results.  I have been forthcoming on what has happened in the past, and what I am doing looking forward.

I'm not trying to justify anything.  My results are displayed for everyone to see.  I just thought some clarification was needed.

Offline edlomax

• Trade The Forex Market
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2018, 10:21:14 PM »

Irrespective of pips or Rs, there is not a single verified myfxbook/FX Blue account to show for any of the signals he has sold in the past since 2012 nor indeed in this current iteration which really goes to the heart of transparency.

Pete

I find it interesting to be accused of not being transparent and showing poor results at the same time.  If I was not being transparent, wouldn't my results just be great?

I understand my service is not for you, and I respect that.  I also understand how a lot of people are looking for MFXBook accounts.  I've mentioned that once my Darwinex accounts get set up I will be providing MyFXBook accounts as well moving forward.  I hope this will clear up any confusion.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: Outsidethebox HK Signals & PAMM funds by frescof
[Today at 12:13:21 AM]

Re: US NFP and Canadian Employment change by Umar
[Yesterday at 06:16:38 PM]

Re: Forex Optimum Representative by Hilapur
[Yesterday at 03:14:15 PM]

Re: Outsidethebox HK Signals & PAMM funds by SJWkiller
[April 20, 2019, 05:24:40 PM]

Re: Pegasus FX by nwboater
[April 20, 2019, 01:52:31 PM]