collapse

Author Topic: HansTrend v2  (Read 6137 times)

Offline Hans Bowles

• Donna Lover :D
Re: HansTrend v2
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2018, 04:57:33 PM »
UPDATE 5OCT2018

GBPUSD test done, see: www.hanstrend.com/version4/gbpusd
USDJPY test done, see: www.hanstrend.com/version4/usdjpy

* I can't wait to merge them all together, and see how it will look overall when trading several pairs at the same time.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 05:58:44 AM by Hans Bowles »

Offline Hans Bowles

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2018, 06:25:10 AM »
UPDATE 6OCT2018

So far this is what we have for this year, and rolling back also 2016 and 2017, which is a significant improvement of HansTrend v1.

Even though all detailed reports are able to be viewed at www.hanstrend.com/version4/ , below the first 4 pairs for easy viewing in 1 combined chart for 2016/2017/2018.

Please note that each pair was tested with each $1000, it means what you see below is basically a combined backtest of 4 pairs, with a total of $4000, which means the draw downs will therefore be heavily reduced.

At the bottom, I even did a merged (back to $1000) of all 4 pairs, and the DD looks great compared the the profit!

TODO:

I will now test a few more pairs, see which one is negatively correlated in order to reduce total drawdown when pair X goes in loss, Pair Y can make profit the other way. Currently looking for 2 or 3 Pair Y's :)

Cheers,
Hans

PS. Feel free to reply here, else I feel a bit lonely lol, and suggestions are also more than welcome ofcourse. It doesn't mean I will code suggested ideas, but perhaps some of the suggestions are well worth to at least think about :)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 12:41:12 PM by Hans Bowles »

Offline donnaforex

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2018, 11:26:29 AM »
Very nice results, Hans, i love the super low drawdown, you don't often see that on an EA :).
Follow DonnaForex on Facebook and Twitter.

If you need to contact me, email admin@donnaforex.com or Skype 'donnaforex' or PM via the forum.

Online diyforexskills

• Verified Vendor
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2018, 12:42:29 PM »
Very nice results, Hans, i love the super low drawdown, you don't often see that on an EA :).

Ditto that. And yes it can be a lonely live. But you have 4 beta testers I think so that should help. What often frustrates me is that we do all this lovely work on back tests (or do your results include forward tests?) and analysis to develop a strategy and then it all implodes when we go forward testing. Following with interest and hoping for your success.

Online nwboater

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2018, 04:05:51 PM »
Looks great Hans!!! As one of your Beta Testers I'm really looking forward to starting V2. Any guess when that might be?

Good luck with the finishing touches! And please don't feel lonely here - I'm sure there are lots of people following this thread. :)

Cheers,
Rod
EA's (All run on separate accounts):
Wall Street EVO & Cyborg
On Hold: Best Free Scalper,  Best Scalper & WS Trend Detector

Signal: Hans Trend 2 Beta (On hold until new version)

Darwinex: Portfolio of 12 Darwins

Broker: AxiTrader, Darwinex
VPS's: Amazon EC2
Rebates: HFT Group

Offline Hans Bowles

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2018, 05:37:17 AM »

Thanks Donna, when you look at  https://www.myfxbook.com/members/hansbowles/hanstrend-part-i/1201302 , you will see I have been able to manage this before, and I'm positive I'm able to make an even better version :)

Ditto that. And yes it can be a lonely live. But you have 4 beta testers I think so that should help. What often frustrates me is that we do all this lovely work on back tests (or do your results include forward tests?) and analysis to develop a strategy and then it all implodes when we go forward testing. Following with interest and hoping for your success.

Thanks Diyforexskills, I agree that solely backtesting is not good enough. However, it is based on HansTrend v1, so all entries are perfect already, I'm just improving the exit strategy, and with TP/SL settings of dozens of pips distance, a backtest can be pretty accurate. It would be different when an EA is a scalper trading M1 or even on ticks... that would be impossible.

Obviously, on top of a backtest, and support of few years of forward testing, it still needs to be forward tested again, by myself, or even better with the help of Beta Testers, so the differences can be seen between the accounts in terms of performance as well.

Thanks for your support :D

Looks great Hans!!! As one of your Beta Testers I'm really looking forward to starting V2. Any guess when that might be?

Good luck with the finishing touches! And please don't feel lonely here - I'm sure there are lots of people following this thread. :)

Cheers,
Rod

Hi Rod,

Thanks!! I hope I will be able to run it for 2 weeks myself starting next week, to make sure bugs (if any) are out. Meaning I want each of the 4 or 5 pairs to trade at least 1 loss. And after that start the beta testing. Sorry for any delays, I not want to launch anything if I'm not 100% sure.
But I have been working very hard on it the past few weeks.

Yea, lonely, because I not know if and how many people read the replies/comments. It doesn't say the amount of "likes"  on each individual post of mine, nor does it show the amount of views. I'm not sure if that is something Donna can implement? I'm sure there are tons of forum extensions available? :)
Have a good weekend Rod!

H

Offline drunkfx

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2018, 08:51:52 AM »
Nice what aboutt links to myfxbook so we can check them on our own? I think it will make much more sense rather than posting screenshots

Offline Humble Trader's Fx

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2018, 11:44:58 AM »

Thanks Donna, when you look at  https://www.myfxbook.com/members/hansbowles/hanstrend-part-i/1201302 , you will see I have been able to manage this before, and I'm positive I'm able to make an even better version :)

Thanks Diyforexskills, I agree that solely backtesting is not good enough. However, it is based on HansTrend v1, so all entries are perfect already, I'm just improving the exit strategy, and with TP/SL settings of dozens of pips distance, a backtest can be pretty accurate. It would be different when an EA is a scalper trading M1 or even on ticks... that would be impossible.

Obviously, on top of a backtest, and support of few years of forward testing, it still needs to be forward tested again, by myself, or even better with the help of Beta Testers, so the differences can be seen between the accounts in terms of performance as well.

Thanks for your support :D

Cheers,
Rod

Hi Rod,

Thanks!! I hope I will be able to run it for 2 weeks myself starting next week, to make sure bugs (if any) are out. Meaning I want each of the 4 or 5 pairs to trade at least 1 loss. And after that start the beta testing. Sorry for any delays, I not want to launch anything if I'm not 100% sure.
But I have been working very hard on it the past few weeks.

Yea, lonely, because I not know if and how many people read the replies/comments. It doesn't say the amount of "likes"  on each individual post of mine, nor does it show the amount of views. I'm not sure if that is something Donna can implement? I'm sure there are tons of forum extensions available? :)
Have a good weekend Rod!

H

Hello,  Hans.

I don't know if this stat is any comfort but this thread has been viewed 850 times, thus far.  :)

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Offline Hans Bowles

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2018, 12:40:27 PM »
Nice what aboutt links to myfxbook so we can check them on our own? I think it will make much more sense rather than posting screenshots

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/hansbowles/hanstrend-part-i/1201302
HansTrend v1, was traded live from the beginning of 2012 to the end of 2015. After that I stopped a few years as I wasn't happy with the results, although because of many people sending me mails, I had decided to look into it, to see why I lost 15% (after making well above 100+%). I have shown on ForexSignals as well as in my opening post, that if I had continued, it would have recovered very well. All of this is a reason for me to continue, and soon start a beta test.

Regarding any FUTURE forward tests, I will put a link to all them here (to all verified accounts on MyFxbook) of MASTER Beta2 account, as well as all individual Beta tests account. On top of that, I will make a table and publish this on hanstrend.com as soon as the 2nd beta test will start.

Transparency and being open about everything, is very important for me, and it is one of the things what followers like about me. I'm sure people here can back me up on that :)

*note: Beta tests will be done on several brokers, to make sure myfxbook statement manipulation (or by brokers) is impossible. I'm not one of those kind of developers. I know you haven't said that, but I still like to point this out, for anyone with doubts :)

So yes, expect myfxbook links as soon as the beta test will start  8)

Have a good weekend drunkfx!
(you trade while drunk? lol ;) )

Hans

Offline Hans Bowles

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2018, 12:50:03 PM »
UPDATE 7OCT2018

To all BETA Testers:
  • Pre Beta Test #2 - by myself first for 2 weeks will start October - week 2 (exact date tba)
  • Beta Test #2 will start October - week 4 (exact date tba) and will be for exactly 90 days
  • Before Beta Test #2 will start, I will contact all Beta Testers over Skype
  • If people would like Donna to be participating as one of the beta testers (let her know) for additional trust reasons, I'm ok with that.
  • Beta Tests will be done using a trade copier I coded myself (almost finished), and therefore no longer will need SimpleTrader (by ForexSignals).
Hans.

Offline Hans Bowles

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2018, 12:53:24 PM »
Hello,  Hans.
I don't know if this stat is any comfort but this thread has been viewed 850 times, thus far.  :)
Regards,
HumbleTrader

Ah yes, in the section of all threads, indeed, was actually wondering the actual individual updates of mine :)

Offline donnaforex

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2018, 01:18:10 PM »
we used to have post likes and all kinds of other add ons. It caused problems and errors on the site and when we switched servers, i stripped it right back to basics.  At the time i was getting a lot of complaints, the site was very bloated, and it was the easiest solution. I agree a like button would be good though.
Follow DonnaForex on Facebook and Twitter.

If you need to contact me, email admin@donnaforex.com or Skype 'donnaforex' or PM via the forum.

Offline Hans Bowles

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2018, 04:57:46 PM »
UPDATE 8OCT2018

I Decided to add 1 more major pair USDCHF, so it's more diversified and thus more safe (as IMO any portfolio should be, and therefore also a single EA with several different pairs).
This brings the total amount of pairs to trade with HansTrend V2 BETA 2, to 5 pairs.

I've set up a pre-beta-test account at IC Markets of $200 USD, and I will start trading today Monday Oct 8th 2018.
The pre-test will take approx 2 weeks, as I like to see each of the 5 pairs get a loss, before starting the real 3-months Beta test #2.

MyFxBook link (verified) of the 2 week pre-test will be posted here tomorrow.

Hans

PS. Almost forgot, more stats , available in image below (and in depth details at www.hanstrend.com/version4 of each of the 5 pairs see URL's below as well):

AUDUSD
http://www.hanstrend.com/version4/audusd/2016-2017-2018-AUDUSD-ReportTester-50037049%20-%20public.html
http://www.hanstrend.com/version4/audusd/2016-2017-2018-AUDUSD-ReportTester-50037049.pdf
EURUSD
http://www.hanstrend.com/version4/eurusd/2016-2017-2018-EURUSD-ReportTester-50037049%20-%20public.html
http://www.hanstrend.com/version4/eurusd/2016-2017-2018-EURUSD-ReportTester-50037049.pdf
GBPUSD
http://www.hanstrend.com/version4/gbpusd/2016-2017-2018-GBPUSD-ReportTester-50037049%20-%20public.html
http://www.hanstrend.com/version4/gbpusd/2016-2017-2018-GBPUSD-ReportTester-50037049.pdf
USDCHF
http://www.hanstrend.com/version4/usdchf/2016-2017-2018-USDCHF-ReportTester-50037049%20-%20public.html
http://www.hanstrend.com/version4/usdchf/2016-2017-2018-USDCHF-ReportTester-50037049.pdf
USDJPY
http://www.hanstrend.com/version4/usdjpy/2016-2017-2018-USDJPY-ReportTester-50037049%20-%20public.html
http://www.hanstrend.com/version4/usdjpy/2016-2017-2018-USDJPY-ReportTester-50037049.pdf
ALL 5 PAIRS PORTFOLIO
http://www.hanstrend.com/version4/Portfolio-HansTrend-V2-Beta_2-(all-5-pairs)/Portfolio-HansTrend-V2-Beta_2-(all-5-pairs).html
NOTE: if you see weird Asian characters, just ignore the html file, and go to the PDF file instead

« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 05:10:36 PM by Hans Bowles »

Offline Hans Bowles

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2018, 05:52:36 PM »
quick update. verified myfxbook for the 2 weeks pre-test prior to the real 3 months beta test, see https://www.myfxbook.com/members/hansbowles/hanstrend-v2-beta2-2-weeks/2700086

Offline jwatts7701

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2018, 08:04:19 PM »
Hans are you still looking for beta testers? Or has that train already left the station?

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: PZ Bollinger Band EA Set File by diyforexskills
[Today at 02:13:01 AM]

I apologise, but, in my opinion, it is obvious. by dashunya_152
[Today at 01:27:57 AM]

Re: Best Scalper by nwboater
[Today at 12:37:46 AM]

Re: LEGEND by reinerh
[Today at 12:34:00 AM]

Re: LEGEND by yshin
[Today at 12:02:35 AM]