collapse

Author Topic: HansTrend v2  (Read 13483 times)

Online nwboater

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
Re: HansTrend v2
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2018, 04:25:03 PM »
Hi Hans,

I'm wondering if you are going to be starting the Beta Test soon as you had planned? Unfortunately there have only been 3 trades in the Alpha test so not a lot to go by there. They have been winners though! :)

Cheers,
Rod
EA's (Run on separate accounts): Cyborg, Best Scalper MT4 V. 2.3

Signal: Hans Trend 2 Beta (On hold until new version)

Darwinex: Portfolio of 12 Darwins

Broker: AxiTrader, Darwinex
VPS's: Amazon EC2
Rebates: HFT Group

Offline Hans Bowles

• Donna Lover :D
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2018, 10:41:33 AM »
UPDATE 2NOV2018

Unfortunately I had to just close 2x EURUSD with loss, even though they would have become winners if there wouldn't be any DOSS attacks at my VPS @ CNS NY DC.
Furthermore, because the Terminal wasn't open, it missed several good opportunities since Oct 24th. This said, it went up again after a few minutes and unfortunately I did not have set up auto restart options for the beta test on MT5 Terminal so this is also my own mistake, and I was gone for over a week without remote accessibility for this particular VPS.

Right now I have just fixed everything in case of any restart/reboot/error on MT5 as well as the Windows platform as well, as I prefer to have this run 100% solely automatically without ANY manual interference like a TRUE robot.

Looking forward to new trade opportunities .

Hans
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 10:58:58 AM by Hans Bowles »

Offline Hans Bowles

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2018, 10:52:01 AM »
It should have performed like this (I just did a backtest of that period)

see attachment:

Offline Hans Bowles

« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2018, 03:45:55 AM »
UPDATE 21NOV2018

Unfortunately, USDJPY is still going sideways, and therefore the USDJPY orders are still open + affecting my planned period of 2 weeks, which is more likely to continue testing this pre-beta-test till the end of the year, before the actual BETA test (with several brokers, and VPS services) will commence.
Meanwhile EURUSD and AUDUSD mate some nice profit. I hope USDJPY will either go up or down, doesn't really matter to be honest so those can be closed as well.

Last but not least, MAX DD is now at 18.60% which is very nice considering that I'm only trading with VERY little money ($200). Recommended will be orders of 0.01 per $1,000 USD balance. So technically the MAX DD right now is 18.60/5= only 3.72% of which the max LOSS will be at 10% loss peak DD (or 50% for this small test with $200 USD into the account).

So far so good, and I'm happy so far with this low DD. But it's way too soon, as it's way too early to calculate the R:R ratio with several (long time) open orders.

Cheers,
Hans

Offline oportunis

« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2018, 09:54:12 AM »
Hans, if hedge trade is open for weeks does EA calculate swaps to end at BE? Now in December market usually stagnates and it can stay in a range for a while. Also what can happen if a sudden spike in price occurs? It can jump several ticks and with spread can a trade and hedge trade close both in loss? This usually doens't happen to FX, but I saw it on gold few times.

Offline Hans Bowles

« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2018, 04:09:29 AM »
Hans, if hedge trade is open for weeks does EA calculate swaps to end at BE? Now in December market usually stagnates and it can stay in a range for a while. Also what can happen if a sudden spike in price occurs? It can jump several ticks and with spread can a trade and hedge trade close both in loss? This usually doens't happen to FX, but I saw it on gold few times.

Before (previous beta test version) I used a filter to only open trades when the swap is positive, which kinda worked well. However, for this pre-beta test (before actual 2nd beta test) I had decided to not look and care about swaps at all. So in the case the results and trading behavior is really horrible, I can turn it back on again. To answer your question, it should look at swaps as well for recovery positions, but to 100% verify, we would need to wait for the USDJPY positions to be closed.

Offline Hans Bowles

« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2018, 04:41:34 AM »
for some reason, some orders don't get a SL and/or TP, like what happened with 1x AUDUSD , that I just closed in loss, and 2 of the 3 USDCHF orders which were in profit.

I',m currently investigating it, as the VPS wasn't down, nor did MT5 crash.

I tested the case with a backtest, and to my surprise, everything went fine there.

I'm currently going through all logs, as this is not good. I will also test USDJPY, and see if it happened there as well, as it's taking unusually long...

be back soon with what I will find out.

Offline Hans Bowles

« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2018, 08:14:55 AM »
UPDATE 26NOV2018

Fixed the bug now, or at least it should be fixed, but there is only one way to find out.

I have closed all open positions, and we start again, using the same account. it's less than the original $200, but that shouldn't be a problem, as MyFXbook allows you to configure a different starting date. Now let's hope it will work as it did in the backtest.

- Hans

Offline Hans Bowles

« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2018, 04:59:17 AM »
GBPUSD short and has TP + SL

Pending GBPUSD order also has TP + SL

So far so good

Offline oportunis

« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2018, 01:30:18 PM »
Hans any update? Myfxbook chart looks like straight way to margin call.

Offline Hans Bowles

« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2019, 03:38:35 AM »
UPDATE 4JAN2019

Happy, wealthy and healthy 2019 all!

I'm pleased that 90% of the bugs are gone!

10% still needs debugging

I will do that this week, until then the EA stays off

I'm also pleased it was able to recover from a previous loss of a very bugged older version and it even made money with a DD of "only" 50% which is extremely low considering the low equity of $100-200 USD as this would be equal to max 10% DD of the recommended $1000 per 0.01 lots.

To be updated next week or week after!
cheers

- Hans

Online nwboater

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2019, 12:00:18 AM »
UPDATE 4JAN2019

Happy, wealthy and healthy 2019 all!

I'm pleased that 90% of the bugs are gone!

10% still needs debugging

I will do that this week, until then the EA stays off

I'm also pleased it was able to recover from a previous loss of a very bugged older version and it even made money with a DD of "only" 50% which is extremely low considering the low equity of $100-200 USD as this would be equal to max 10% DD of the recommended $1000 per 0.01 lots.

To be updated next week or week after!
cheers

- Hans

Happy New Year Hans,

Nice recovery for HansTrend! And glad to hear that the fixes and updates are mostly done.

Thanks for keeping us posted here. :)

Cheers,
Rod

Online nwboater

• DonbonsPrivateGroup
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2019, 04:38:07 PM »
Hi Hans,

Haven't heard from you in a while and wondering what is happening with HansTrend?

Hope you are okay.

Cheers,
Rod

Offline oportunis

« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2019, 09:51:07 AM »
Observing from the sideline I would say the test wasn't successful. Had it not been for the flash crash on 3.1.2019 the system would be in trouble and you can open only so much orders before margin runs out. 

browse forum