collapse

Author Topic: HansTrend v2  (Read 6133 times)

Offline donnaforex

• Administrator
HansTrend v2
« on: September 20, 2018, 05:04:02 PM »
Please welcome HansTrend v2 to the forum. Hans is well known in fx so you may have heard of him previously.

I'll leave him to introduce his new service.... as always, if you have traded with him or have any feedback or questions, please leave it in the topic.
Follow DonnaForex on Facebook and Twitter.

If you need to contact me, email admin@donnaforex.com or Skype 'donnaforex' or PM via the forum.

Offline Hans Bowles

• Donna Lover :D
Re: HansTrend v2
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 06:05:45 PM »
Thanks Donna for introducing me :)

Hi all !

I'm Hans Bowles, you might heard of me from MT4 Stats (the predecessor of MyFXBook) or from signals/mams known as GoldStar and HansTrend. In the forex industry for 10+ years now.

I'm a good friend of Donna herself and I'm here to discuss my strategy HansTrend.

I'm currently testing the latest BETA versions of HansTrend v2-beta on 8 different brokers, different leverages (including the new leverage limit of 1:30 set by ESMA as well as for US-citizens 1:50 at Oanda) and different VPS providers.

Thank you all for helping me with this test!
NOTE: No additional positions are required anymore, sorry.

Table with previous version (comparisons)

URL #1:
https://www.myfxbook.com/members/hansbowles/hanstrend-part-i/1201302

URL #2:

URL #3:

URL #4:
http://www.hanstrend.com

Significant changes between HansTrend v1 and v2:
  • More and Different pairs (incl all majors)
  • Metals removed completely (although this was done at final phase of HansTrend v1 partially already)
  • Should be able to make (but time -3months- will tell!)
Risk/Multiplier Guide

x1 = 0.01 per $400 <-- recommended for long-term investments (take loss = 10%)
x2 = 0.01 per $200 <-- beta test (see www.hanstrend.com) (take loss = 20%)
x4 = 0.01 per $100 <-- high risk  (take loss = 40%)

• Peak Drawdown should not exceed the previous 15% but stay under 10%
  • This system is basically trading on tiny break-outs, Price Action stuff I have coded, and a few other of my private strategies. I prefer to not explain the whole working on my EA, because it can be exploited for sure, and why care if it makes profit, right?
  • HansTrend V2-ALPHA (failed see v2 BETA)
  • HansTrend V2-BETA1 @ XM (see here) and after more than a month of beta-testing with 8 other beta-testers it failed due high dd of 29-42%
  • HansTrend V1, I still get an email twice per week or so (previous subscribers (2015+) of SimpleTrader begging for a return of HansTrend). Whether I ever going to put and/or spend time on it, well... I decided to go for it :)
  • Despite a period of having more losses than wins with HansTrend v1 at a certain point, please don't forget that the following things were mentioned, I also made over 100% of profit with a LOW draw-down and I think I am able to put HansTrend back on track this time.
My AIM:
My AIM with HansTrend-V2 is and has also been before to be the best "LONGTERM" and "STABLE" and "CONSISTENT" System out there which is suitable not only for people with a 100k budget, but also for the ones who want to start with only $400 or less.

What I will charge:
I'm not thinking about this at all to be honest with you. First let's do some proper beta testing first.

SOME INTERESTING NOTES AND FACTS:

• Some of the beta testers are less fortunate, and I have funded their accounts losses (for HansTrend v2 BETA 1) with 29-42% to get back to $200 for a new test "HansTrend v2 BETA 2".
  • Since start of public Beta Testers, I have also purchased a VPS at different VPS Providers for the ones who did not have one yet.
  • I'm an honest person, who does like to scam people, because I wouldn't like to be scammed either. So please refrain from annoying comments based on nothing.
  • Furthermore I do trade GoldStar, a grid/basket strategy for XAUUSD, and currently only at MAM Accounts at several brokers. Many (if not all) basket strategies of the past have failed, except GoldStar. I agree that the draw-down can be huge, but then again, it's something that I'm not concerned about and I'm not forcing anyone to join me.
  • I do NOT use SimpleTrader subscriptions anymore for any strategy/system, due lack of service and support. I'm not in any fight, and Nick and me are not in any fight either (as I've heard some rumours). Nick is a great guy, We have spoken plenty of times on the phone, and also met up IRL went he went to visit me. I have never been to Australia, but I surely pay him a visit whenever I get to Australia :)
  • I decided to move from the forum @ ForexSignals to the Forum @ DonnaForex, simply because the forum is not only more active, but also because it is being properly moderated, the other forum doesn't get as much attention anymore, resulting in many people invading several threads with nonsense, spam, insults, etc.
  • Despite being an idle member at Donna Forex Forum, I have known Donna for many years, before her forum even, and I see her as a very good friend of mine and I'm happy it's likewise :)
Thanks for reading, cheers!

PS. This image below illustrates that if I had continued with HansTrend v1.1, I would be in profit again. I see this as a success, as developing an EA making profit or breakeven over a period of 6+ years is more difficult than an EA making only losses or blowing up. So no wonder I want to look at it again myself as well, to improve the original EA and specifically, not the initial entries, because those I believe are great, but the exits are not optimal, so I'm working on that now with the help of great beta testers! :)

« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 06:24:06 AM by Hans Bowles »

Online nwboater

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 08:50:13 PM »
Hi Hans,

Welcome to DonnaForex. I'm very glad to find that you are making this great Forum your online home.

I am one of the Beta Testers for HansTrend 2 which is the first time I have ever done anything like this. My experience with Hans during the process has been exemplary. He has treated me with respect and concern and I find him to be a real straight shooter.

Really looking forward to the restart of the Beta testing and to find out how well the changes you are making will work out.

Cheers,
Rod
EA's (All run on separate accounts):
Wall Street EVO & Cyborg
On Hold: Best Free Scalper,  Best Scalper & WS Trend Detector

Signal: Hans Trend 2 Beta (On hold until new version)

Darwinex: Portfolio of 12 Darwins

Broker: AxiTrader, Darwinex
VPS's: Amazon EC2
Rebates: HFT Group

Offline Humble Trader's Fx

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 10:46:28 PM »
Hi Hans,

Welcome to DonnaForex. I'm very glad to find that you are making this great Forum your online home.

I am one of the Beta Testers for HansTrend 2 which is the first time I have ever done anything like this. My experience with Hans during the process has been exemplary. He has treated me with respect and concern and I find him to be a real straight shooter.

Really looking forward to the restart of the Beta testing and to find out how well the changes you are making will work out.

Cheers,
Rod

Hello, Hans; I'll second that invitation and add that you have come to the right place where you will find many talented and strategic traders who will give you the best analysis and recommendations on your strategies bar none.

Regards,
HumbleTrader
We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Online alaali

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 08:16:59 AM »
Welcome to the forum Hans.

We here working as a family trying to profit from the forex market.

Offline Hans Bowles

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 06:40:43 AM »
UPDATE 22SEP2018

Currently working on HANSTREND V2 BETA 2 for a few weeks already actually.

Busy with different exit strategies, to see which one works best. I have decided to go either for a single pair hedge exit or a form of martingale (not a real one, just add +0.01 for additional orders). As both exit have potential to get in huge DD quickly, I'm forced to live with a max DD of 10% which will automatically close all open trades instead of using individual SL settings for each order.

That being said, I want to welcome all the helpful BETA Testers also on DonnaForex. Some are already a member on DonnaForex, others aren't.
Please welcome: Oportunis, Westie, Ktyong, Fabx, Kappuhh and Nwboater

Some results I have (using the hedge exit method, do look promising, but are not finished yet) and are able to not only keep profit on track, but even reduces the drawdown. As an example I'm showing a simple backtest (please be aware that one should NEVER trust a scalping EA backtest, as the distances are so small, that backtests become very unreliable, and since my EA is not a scalper, it is maybe not perfect, but "good enough" for simple analyzing purposes.

First I recoded HansTrend V1.1 from MT4 to MT5, as I believe it is much more stable, uses all my cores, even can use agents for backtesting and the coding is cleaner, see below:

and after that, I coded the hedge exit (single pair, no idea how this will affect people in the US), and the following comparison can be shown between HansTrend v1 on the right and the "better" one with hedge exit on the left. Note the equity/balance curve, but also the D between the two.

So that it for now. I'm using the weekend to look further into both exit methods but obviously many things need to be coded first.

Have a good weekend all!

- Hans

PS. It says HansTrend v4, but that is actually an internal version for myself, for you guys it would be HansTrend V2 B(eta) 2 :)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 07:00:15 AM by Hans Bowles »

Offline Hans Bowles

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 06:45:49 AM »
Hi Hans,

Cheers,
Rod

Thanks Rod! Good to see you here :)

Hi Hans,

Cheers,
Rod

Hello, Hans; I'll second that invitation and add that you have come to the right place where you will find many talented and strategic traders who will give you the best analysis and recommendations on your strategies bar none.

Regards,
HumbleTrader

Thanks HumbleTrader :)
Any idea by the way, if there is a way to auto-shrink (and make popup versions) of my images? They are so width now haha. Shrinking myself I can't do, as it would become unreadable. Thanks in advance :)

note: i found this? --> "Features and Options under Layout, you can force a max size of images. So images will automatically be reduced and become clickable"
meanwhile I am using this for now, [img width=1000], and seems to be clickable

Welcome to the forum Hans.

We here working as a family trying to profit from the forex market.

Thank you alaali, that was something I was looking for indeed :)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 06:56:46 AM by Hans Bowles »

Offline oportunis

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2018, 09:49:59 AM »
Hi to all, I'm also a beta tester. I've been a member here for a while, so continuing beta testing here is a good decision.

Hopefully we get some nice results as we all are loking for a stable and profitable system with low DD.

Offline FLechdrop

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2018, 03:55:45 PM »
@Hans, if you add the picture as an attachment below, rather than using the 'insert image' option, it should give the desired result.

Offline Hans Bowles

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2018, 04:22:14 PM »
UPDATE 22SEP2018 (2)

Currently testing HansTrend v2 Beta2 after having implemented the "Counter Trade Hedge Exit Strategy" I actually wanted to see what it does with the exit.

Ofcourse you could have seen, that when I used this form of an exit, the results suddenly look VERY promising.
However, it still contained a BUG which I worked on today.
The BUG was that it only placed 1 counter hedge trade.

for example:

• Open a BUY trade (lot=0.10) at 1.1000 with TP=50 + Open a SELL STOP at 1.0950 (lot=0.15)
  • It opened a sell order perfectly, and when it doesn't hit the TP of the SELL either, it would have opened a BUY STOP with a higher lot-size and on for this forever until reaching profit (or break-even).
Similar Strategy has been described by many others, although not as an exit strategy specifically, but as a random EA tradingbot.
See this example PDF to understand the working of it:
http://www.hanstrend.com/hedginglotstrategy.pdf (not by me, and just as example)

To my big surprise (but then again, also not that big) it becomes a crazy rocket, executing orders all over the place ending up with HUGE lotsizes ending with a stop out, margin calls, etc.

Let me show you this here in this image, so you know what I mean:

Since I do not plan to make crazy aggressive EA's - I leave that to other people - I will cancel on this, however, because of the bug (an accidental mistake) I did find out, that by using this exit, it basically means, I either have 50% (theoretically) chance of turning the initial trade into profit and 50% of loss (due SL) <--- previous version. Into ---> 50% loss chgance, which can be recovered by another 50% chance. This basically means I get 2 chances without risking more than needed, as the single hedge order in different direction with a doubled lotsize on the same single pair, has it's own SL as well.

So it is very likely that I go for this approach, although more I have to test later, which is just dedicated to where I should start the hedged trade stop order.

So far, this is what I already have, and I hope I'm able to make it even better.

- Hans
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 04:52:23 PM by Hans Bowles »

Offline Hans Bowles

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2018, 05:26:56 AM »
UPDATE 24SEP2018

Nearly equal results between the 2 exit strategies I'm testing, but the DD differences are huge imo, hence it will become a single hedge exit
Illustrated attachement shows the differences. Similar curves, just a 3 time higher DD. Keeping in mind that I will cut off all open order with a loss at 10% DD, the hedge is therefore better.

Now I'm off to spend more days working on the optimisation of the hedge exit.

- Hans

Online nwboater

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2018, 02:42:37 PM »
Hi Hans,

Interesting to watch the development here - thanks for sharing it.

Looking forward to running the Beta again with your improvements.

Cheers,
Rod
EA's (All run on separate accounts):
Wall Street EVO & Cyborg
On Hold: Best Free Scalper,  Best Scalper & WS Trend Detector

Signal: Hans Trend 2 Beta (On hold until new version)

Darwinex: Portfolio of 12 Darwins

Broker: AxiTrader, Darwinex
VPS's: Amazon EC2
Rebates: HFT Group

Offline Hans Bowles

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2018, 11:28:41 AM »
UPDATE 29SEP2018

I'm done with tweaking, and the first version for the upcoming BETA test of the pair EURUSD is done.

The test itself, including a PDF report as well for the stat nerds has been made available at www.hanstrend.com/version4/eurusd

Other pairs such as AUDUSD, XAUUSD, USDJPY are currently being tested and will be uploaded there as well very soon.

below is a BAD SCENARIO explanation.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 11:34:18 AM by Hans Bowles »

Offline Hans Bowles

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2018, 11:36:24 AM »
yes thanks Rod, I feel much more relax at Donna's, only people who have serious interest in it, and I can finally write (almost like an update (b)log here) like back in the days at forexsignals forum. im much more happy now, which also benefits myself, because now i can also enjoy coding and updating more :)

Hi Hans,

Interesting to watch the development here - thanks for sharing it.

Looking forward to running the Beta again with your improvements.

Cheers,
Rod

Offline Hans Bowles

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2018, 10:24:38 AM »
UPDATE 30SEP2018

AUDUSD test done, see: www.hanstrend.com/version4/audusd

Please note that the not only the DD is low, but also the gain. But that is how is personally prefer to trade, and eventually also all pairs profit/month need to be summed up.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: PZ Bollinger Band EA Set File by diyforexskills
[Today at 02:13:01 AM]

I apologise, but, in my opinion, it is obvious. by dashunya_152
[Today at 01:27:57 AM]

Re: Best Scalper by nwboater
[Today at 12:37:46 AM]

Re: LEGEND by reinerh
[Today at 12:34:00 AM]

Re: LEGEND by yshin
[Today at 12:02:35 AM]