collapse

Author Topic: Grid Hero Feedback  (Read 1089 times)

Offline ahal

Grid Hero Feedback
« on: October 01, 2018, 03:01:13 AM »
Hello everyone,

Anyone using grid hero EA?
https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/20937

It will be the first EA I buy, so wanted to get some feedback/advise before I do.

Thanks in advance  :)

Offline Humble Trader's Fx

• Global Moderator
Re: Grid Hero Feedback
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 12:51:33 PM »
Hello everyone,

Anyone using grid hero EA?
https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/20937

It will be the first EA I buy, so wanted to get some feedback/advise before I do.

Thanks in advance  :)

Visiting the MLQ site, I can see that the owner (developer)  is a person by the name of Chock Hweed Ng from Singapore. If you are that person or know of him, please ask him/her to get in touch with Donna or me so we can properly introduce them to our forum and they can answer any questions by our membership.

I was able to determine the following myfxbook link:

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/iamforexrobot/grid-hero-real-axitrader-ecn/2195120

Regards,
HumbleTrader

We humbly approach the Forex Market and take only what is earned through our hard work and intelligence.

Offline ahal

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 01:05:41 PM »
I was intrigued by their myfxbook record as well.

The only thing I am hesitating with, is he's using a grid strategy, which often blow up eventually. Still might give it a shot though.

Offline Vlad10

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 06:28:22 PM »
Some statement somebody have?

Offline Drolph

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 07:55:56 AM »
The major problem grids have is not mainly the possible margin call or in other words the "negative" side of the strategy - it is the gain!

All trading strategies rely on risk/reward independent of the used techniques. When it comes to grids you nearly all the time got ridiculous small gains compared to the ALLTIME existing possible blowout.

In this GridHero Myfxbook account you have got about 50% gain after approx. 18 month, which is just bad having the negative side of it in view. You can have several money management methods or maximum drawdown stopout rules implemented as well, but the general aspect ratio of risk and reward is not changing. By the way not risking the full deposit when using a grid does not make sense at all.

That is why you SHOULD ALWAYS look at the gain when analyzing a grid. I am NOT advertising anything, but to emphasize the difference I am showing you my own code I am running live in comparison.

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Eteokles/freelunch/2555336

Like all grids it is carefully tickdata tested for many years, still it inhabits the risk of losing at any given time. The difference here is the gain side. Just do the math.

Grids are a dangerous tool and gridhero is no exception. Next to that it is not an outstanding good one I would recommend. Not because of a competition, just based on my experience developing attractive grids for my own use plus the tons of alternatives you can find out there for free.

Offline tenkrunner

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 03:48:52 AM »
 I am using Grid Hero and very happy with the results. I had issues with trades not being taken. I changed VPS service and now I have not missed on in a while. I would make sure your latency is low (mine is 6ms). This is my only set it and forget it EA.

Online atomico

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 08:57:03 AM »
The major problem grids have is not mainly the possible margin call or in other words the "negative" side of the strategy - it is the gain!

All trading strategies rely on risk/reward independent of the used techniques. When it comes to grids you nearly all the time got ridiculous small gains compared to the ALLTIME existing possible blowout.

In this GridHero Myfxbook account you have got about 50% gain after approx. 18 month, which is just bad having the negative side of it in view. You can have several money management methods or maximum drawdown stopout rules implemented as well, but the general aspect ratio of risk and reward is not changing. By the way not risking the full deposit when using a grid does not make sense at all.

That is why you SHOULD ALWAYS look at the gain when analyzing a grid. I am NOT advertising anything, but to emphasize the difference I am showing you my own code I am running live in comparison.

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Eteokles/freelunch/2555336

Like all grids it is carefully tickdata tested for many years, still it inhabits the risk of losing at any given time. The difference here is the gain side. Just do the math.

Grids are a dangerous tool and gridhero is no exception. Next to that it is not an outstanding good one I would recommend. Not because of a competition, just based on my experience developing attractive grids for my own use plus the tons of alternatives you can find out there for free.

sorry for my quest: this account is with GRID HERO expert?

these result (very good) are with high risk?

Offline Drolph

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 11:50:00 AM »

sorry for my quest: this account is with GRID HERO expert?

these result (very good) are with high risk?

Nope, this EA is my property. The code is written by myself. It has nothing to do with GridHero.

As I already said, I only showed it to emphasize the problem GridHero has - especially when it comes to the prize the author is charging.

Generally speaking, every grid is risky, my own one is no exeption.

Online atomico

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 10:53:21 PM »
thanks for info.

i have a very BAD past (about 8-10 years ago) experience with GRID expert, i remember ENVY and GRID ME UP (there is another that i do not remember in this moment)

following the RIGHT suggestion by the seller i BLOWN 2 (or 3) account...

now, after many years, i am again interest in these dangerous strategy, but GRID HERO looks different from the other... i am not expert with grid ea, but using TDS 99% for backtesting the robot show from 2003 very strong and stable result without any cardiopath equity situation...
the curve profit is always in the right way...

yes, risk reward is very little, but looking the test it's very stable and constant... ok, nobody know the future, but i think that at the moment is the only good choice for this type of strategy.

i backtest from 2003 with the setfiles of the seller, and i test also with only 1000$ USD starting capital...

i am really tempted to buy the software...

Online donbon2

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 11:24:57 PM »
I bought the Grid from PZ

I put close joint at 1 distance - and I made 2 set files - 1 for bearish and 1 for bullish - so I am using bearish for EURUSD now and next year flip to the bullish one if needed -- this should help the account survive.

what the joint close does is give the account a reset and allow it to start over - which if you dont do that then your risk of blow up is higher.

also for me I am running 3 currencies with 1300 1000 and 800 risk so total loss 3100 -- however you will never lose 3100 as some of the counter trades will immediately reduce exposure.

the best idea to me is to have a bullish set and a bearish set and change when market changes.

really the only thing that sucks with grids is the capital required for relatively low profit -- but profit is profit.

Powerflow NZDCAD is another one to consider very stable results.
Broker - IC Markets   VPS - Amazon EC2 + CNS  

EA:
Powerflow NZDCAD AUDUSD
PZ Hedging EA - PZ Averaging EA - PZ Grid

(on hold  Wall St Evo - VF2 - Best Scalper - Best Free Scalper)

News - Thomson Reuters Eikon
Trade Manager - Visual Trading Console for MT4
Trading Rebates - through CashBackFX
Trade Notification EA - TradeTalk from FX Blue - free
VPS - I recommend Amazon EC2 - if you qualify for a Broker Sponsored one get CNS
PZ Support/Resistance Indicator

Offline Drolph

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2018, 08:51:03 AM »
thanks for info.

i have a very BAD past (about 8-10 years ago) experience with GRID expert, i remember ENVY and GRID ME UP (there is another that i do not remember in this moment)

following the RIGHT suggestion by the seller i BLOWN 2 (or 3) account...

now, after many years, i am again interest in these dangerous strategy, but GRID HERO looks different from the other... i am not expert with grid ea, but using TDS 99% for backtesting the robot show from 2003 very strong and stable result without any cardiopath equity situation...
the curve profit is always in the right way...

yes, risk reward is very little, but looking the test it's very stable and constant... ok, nobody know the future, but i think that at the moment is the only good choice for this type of strategy.

i backtest from 2003 with the setfiles of the seller, and i test also with only 1000$ USD starting capital...

i am really tempted to buy the software...

That was exactly the point I was trying to explain. Basically the risk management by controlling the maximum drawdown is the key for every nonmartingale strategy. You can limit your risk in several ways here, but most importantly you can achieve a reward MULTIPLE times higher, than what you can lose. Keep that in mind!

Grids are not working this way. You are ALWAYS risking you maximum deposit when entering a grid while the possile gain per trade is ridiculous. I have to repeat that risking less than the full deposit for a grid is not making sense in any way. Really. When you just want to risk a smaller amount of your planned deposit, only use that smaller amount and remargin afterwards in case it failed. It is the same than having a "maximum" xx% stoploss, where the money beyond that "xx" amount is simply not used ... especially not for the GAINSIDE! Most people seem to ignore that.

Here were are again, the gain. Most users try to achieve longterm survivability to calm their nerves and let it run "safely". The problem is, these measures to reach maximum safety are coming always at the cost of profitability. That's what you can see with gridhero. The time you have to invest reaching 100% (the point where you start using grids safe) is just too much.

Despite all the promising backtests, let this gridhero account blowup in six month .. let it be because of a brexitissue, SNB crash .. you name it. It is a theoretical possibiltiy. Then you have lost several years and still got a net loss, as you did not manage to exceed your deposit in profit, which you could have withdrawn.

My grid in comparison doubles your account in approximately 6-9 month with the same stability I would claim. Time is the difference. Grids are not an option to store large amounts of money for "safe" increase. Take breakouts or trend advisors for this purpose. But grids can achieve massive results in short time, GridHero is not doing that. Instead you are exposed too long here gaining too little in reward.

Online reinerh

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 11:18:10 AM »

your are dead on, risk to reward drolph.

thats what it always boils down to in trading.

and with any grid or marti, the going is good till its not, kaboom or serious loss. with good grids the loss can be recovered in a reasonable amount of time, hopefully before the next event.

all this year so far eurusd would have run smooth as silk with a grid, except in june which had a power move.

and outbreaks were not so hot this year since daily ranges were so small. so its always a challenge to adapt.

browse forum