collapse

Author Topic: BRAVA fund  (Read 5604 times)

Offline Yarro

Re: BRAVA fund
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2018, 06:25:01 PM »
I will go with 20K and 3x risk as well, seems good option to me as well

Online Phynicle

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2018, 02:18:56 AM »
These breakout strategies were great in the years prior when rates were coming down.
This year has been horrible,nearly all of them failing. The counter breakout has been too strong. Nearly all the breakouts this year have very quickly reverted via a zigzag pattern killing most of the trades

Offline Yarro

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2018, 04:27:51 PM »
breaking strategies have been struggling in this year, however this managed account is in positive numbers which is giving me optimism that they will be at least on BE at the worst case scenario.

Offline jwatts7701

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2018, 08:51:25 PM »
yes. if a bad year is still positive i will be happy. Knowing that good years will be more positive. this is one of the only strategies i plan in to the future for as a long term investment. most of my EAs are going to be quick profit and constantly moving around rotation projects.

Offline Yarro

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2018, 09:04:16 PM »
amen Brother. Same guys offer one more interesting managed account service, statement below

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/ManagedFXHub/maxim-fx-full-history/2214068

Pretty amazing results, but I am worried about max FL that is not available.

What are your thoughts?

Offline jwatts7701

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2018, 10:41:58 PM »
Im not sure Yarro. That is on their "Fx Marketplace" it looks which they have states is like a Darwinex type service or simple trader where anyone can list their strategy and they will re-brand it and help to give exposure to it with investors. Hopefully they do some due diligence on the people who are allowed to list there.

I spoke to their support today about Brava and the lower performance this year that F1 was saying. They said this happens when govs and institutional money do not line up on financial policy, that breakouts are not as significant and that is why there has been so much counter-breaks. When they do align with each other you start to get the big breaks.

This makes sense with my own breakout strategies and EAs when hearing it like that. Because this year has been a mess financially and politically. I am not worried about it. And hopefully there is more consensus going forward and better years ahead.

Offline Yarro

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2018, 09:57:07 AM »
Hmm, this year performance has not been impressive this year. November was horrible with minus 3.7% ... Lets see if they can recover

Offline jwatts7701

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2019, 03:38:20 PM »
It has not been a great year for Brava. But not for any breakout strategies this year it seems. They still made a small amount of profit, and have a long history to prove they will keep making money. That is the most promising with this and why I am staying put.

Also, if -3.7% in a month is "absolutely terrible" for you are in the wrong industry. I lost 3x more than that in my own EA accounts today alone with one EA i just bought to - frustrating. That type of loss on Brava would be considered well managed in most peoples minds with forex experience. They certainly manage it better than me.

But I have to agree that there are a lot of systems making good money right now (EAs and managers). None of them have very long proofs though (although outside the box is getting there).

browse forum