collapse

Author Topic: BRAVA fund  (Read 2344 times)

Online Yarro

BRAVA fund
« on: October 07, 2018, 10:48:51 AM »
Hello All,

may I ask you if anybody has any experience with managed accounts via this company?

http://managedforexhub.com/

I am most interested in this fund:

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/ManagedFXHub/brava-fund-v2-updated-algo/1210418

http://managedforexhub.com/brava-fund/

I confirm, I am not anyhow associated with this company, but was not able to find any relevant information on internet.

My impression is very posite and the fund looks strong and stable.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Yarro

Online Yarro

Re: BRAVA fund
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 06:34:43 PM »
Anybody anything? any impression?

Offline jwatts7701

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 07:46:43 PM »
Hi Yarrow. I am in this Brava PAM. It is the only PAM I invest in as mostly I do my own trading. I have been in it at Mt.Cook for a bit over 1 year approx and have been happy. It is good and stable performance. But i trade it with a 3x more risk so more aggressive than normal. My only recommendation is you need to have patience with it. It uses a breakout strategy it seems so like others when markets are not breaking out it will just chug along. But when the conditions are good it makes a nice modest gain.

Online Yarro

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 09:15:57 PM »
Hi Yarrow. I am in this Brava PAM. It is the only PAM I invest in as mostly I do my own trading. I have been in it at Mt.Cook for a bit over 1 year approx and have been happy. It is good and stable performance. But i trade it with a 3x more risk so more aggressive than normal. My only recommendation is you need to have patience with it. It uses a breakout strategy it seems so like others when markets are not breaking out it will just chug along. But when the conditions are good it makes a nice modest gain.

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. May I ask you whether they use SL all the time? and what was max floating loss and DD so far.

Offline jwatts7701

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 10:38:15 PM »
Your welcome. Every trade seems to have an SL. But i put an SL on my account on the PAM just in case. My max DD that I recall in the last year (at 3x increased risk) has been around -22%. So that would be about -7.5% at the regular risk. There is not much floating loss because trades are mostly very short term. It is very rare that I see open trades. Mostly trades are very short term. And mostly it does not trade very much either. Maybe 4-5 days a month or so. Sometimes more and sometimes less. But this is how I think it stays so safe. But it is also why you need some patience to I guess. It is not a very exciting strategy to watch compared to some others or even to my EAs. But hey, it works. ;)

Offline F1Maniac

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 10:35:07 AM »
thanks for sharing your experience. what % of your funds have you invested in this - if i may ask please.

Online Yarro

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 12:11:03 PM »
The system looks very good and the feedback is great as well. I am in contact with their representative and he said that BRAVA will become hedge fund soon, by end of 2018 and will be offered only to professional investors of some Maltese Hedge Fund. It could be the marketing only, who knows.

With regards to the amount, I am planning to invest 20K. DD is low and the funds will be under your name. The broker is Mt. Cook.

Offline jwatts7701

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 02:39:43 PM »
I heard the same thing yaro, but they said the pam account will stay. Who knows. It would be a good system for a fund I suppose. F1 I first put 42k in. But what I did then was lower it to roughly 15k, but increase risk to 3x, which is close to the same thing. But it let me use the cash for more EA projects (including one i am making). In hind sight i would have been better off NOT putting money to my EAs as they have taken some good sized losses this month especially. But that is normal. Overall i would feel comfortable recommending Brava to anyone who wants just low risk and stable reliable modest returns. Nothing to dramatic. But safe (for forex at least). It is probably one of the few good managed products. Outside the box, and that Onikami managers also look good to me to. Maybe hanstrend as well but it is probably to early to tell. It is good to start to see some reliable managers.

Online Yarro

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 04:55:34 PM »
Triple the risk with such low DD strategy and decreasing the amount invested was a good choice, I am thinking about 2 x risk. I am confident with max expected DD around 15%.

When I look on the returns in this year, they are not very good and the number of positive months decreased as well, so I am little worried about future performance.

May I ask you please if there is less trades executed in last few months comparing to the time when you started?

Thank you.

Offline jwatts7701

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 09:56:27 PM »
It seemed performance peaked in 2015 and has been on a slight decline since then. That is what I mean by you need some patiencs. I think it is not a get rick quick system, but one of the rare ones that will get rich slow ;).

I think that you can safely expect 15-30% net returns probably on most years with low drawdown. Sometimes will be more and sometimes will be less. But that seems to be a good average to plan for. That is what i hope anyways. I am kind of planning this to eventually be a retirement account for me that has a lot more cash in it but just low volatility.

I haven't really paid much attention to the amount of trades yarro but it seems pretty consistent. More so is the trading days which is about the same. But each time it trades it is usually open multiple trades at a time.

Offline F1Maniac

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 08:35:15 AM »
thanks for the response mate. Just with mt.cook it seems like a bit of dodge with no https on website and uses formsite to get information. feeling very amateur, presumably you have been comfortable investing with them? any tips

Online Yarro

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2018, 09:42:05 AM »
I investigated a lot about Mt Cook. It looks like that a lot of managed accounts nowadays use Mt Cook from various reasons. They do not have any major country restrictions etc. and have good liquidity providers when trading high lots.

I am still hesitant and thinking about investing with DBA. They trade news and use regulated brokers.

Yarro
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 09:43:44 AM by Yarro »

Offline jwatts7701

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2018, 04:03:00 PM »
Yes their PAM is nice because you have controls. And I do see more people using it.

But for me, (even without brava) mount cook is my "go to broker" for trading, mostly because it is an EA traders dream. Because I am actually trading on 3 brokers - all with them. Saxo, Advanced Markets and Divisa but all under one roof at mount cook. So I can test my systems super easy on different feeds as they just appoint my liquidity as I instruct them to, and the matching technology provider and away I go. Love it. But for many people they don't need this or wont care.

Yarro I don't think that you will get the same returns as dba. Brava is just going for long term low risk trading. It is like the safe fund of forex. I am the first to admit most people in forex are not looking for low risk/long term (it is just not what most people want).

What i do is put savings money in brava, and gambling (and experimenting) money in EAs. It is a good strategy.  Good luck!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 04:06:48 PM by jwatts7701 »

Offline F1Maniac

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2018, 09:10:10 AM »
yes the idea of diversifying is a good one. I might try what you have suggested and use 15k with 3x risk

Offline jwatts7701

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2018, 04:53:48 PM »
Ya. Diversification has kept my bankroll from disappearing very rapidly in forex. The more volatile the industry the more it is beneficial.

browse forum

* Recent Posts

Re: LEGEND by reinerh
[Today at 10:01:00 PM]

Re: LEGEND by oportunis
[Today at 09:16:57 PM]

[Today at 08:25:53 PM]

Re: LEGEND by oportunis
[Today at 07:57:54 PM]

[Today at 07:37:02 PM]